Go Back   Planet MADtv > Sketch Comedy > Front Page News
Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07/14/2008, 8:30 PM
"You, sir, are sissified"
Staff Alumnus

Post Season 14 of MADtv: The Full Scoop!

After months of blackmail both administered and received, we can at last reveal everything you could possibly want to know about Season 14 of "MADtv," at least before it debuts. All right, admittedly, we will not be reporting what Nicole Parker ate for breakfast this morning; nevertheless, with this update, rest assured that you will have all the Season 14 information with which any rational fan will be more than happy. Here, then, is your full scoop on the upcoming season, complete with brown chips which have not been conclusively identified as chocolate.

Let us begin by introducing you to our final addition to the Season 14 "MADtv" cast. According to this article, the fourth newbie for the upcoming season will be the lovely, versatile Erica Ash. Smile prettily for the camera, dear:

As is the case with Eric Price and Lauren Pritchard, Erica will be joining the "MADtv" cast as a featured player. According to her impressive resume, which can be found here, Erica's experience with televised sketch comedy does not actually begin with "MADtv." For two seasons, she has been a cast member on "The Big Gay Sketch Show," which, coincidentally, is directed by "MADtv" mainstay Amanda Bearse. Add to that stint her various appearances in theatrical productions and commercials, her numerous voiceovers for video games, and a list of special skills that makes most of us look downright boring by comparison; and Erica Ash may have just what it takes to survive on a show that has always prided itself on multifaceted cast members. Erica, here is hoping that you get to stick around for a while on FOX's late-night sketch comedy series.

In other news, what would a final Season 14 update be without one last surprise farewell? Fans of Jordan Peele's "MADtv" work will no doubt feel a sense of emptiness as the show's resident Morgan Freeman impersonator ends his five-year run as a cast member. Apparently, Jordan somehow managed to escape the rumored coercion by "MADtv" to squeeze a few more episodes out of its five-year players. Unfortunately, it is not known at this time whether he, Nicole Parker, and Keegan-Michael Key drew straws to determine who would get to leave after Season 13 or whether Quincy Jones simply went "eenie-meenie-miney-mo" to determine their fates. At any rate, Jordan, we at Planet MADtv hate to see you go; and we wish you the best of success in whatever showbiz endeavors you decide to pursue from this point on. Thanks for the many laughs!

Next, we can confirm that Season 14 of "MADtv" will be shot at the Sunset Bronson Studios, which are both the original location of the Warner Bros. Studios and the current home of CW affiliate KTLA, Channel 5, in Los Angeles, CA. Although we will obviously have to wait until the Season 14 debut, on September 13th, to see how these new facilities will work out for the cast, something tells me that most, if not all, of the series' diehard fans will no doubt wet themselves with glee over the sheer mention of the word studio. While Sunset Bronson Studios may not be the original "MADtv" home we all knew and loved for twelve years, I think it has to be considered a major step up from the Henry Fonda Music Box Theater. Unlike that almost roundly hated facility, Sunset Bronson will probably not inspire fans to wish all season long for a well-placed wrecking ball to find its way into the exterior walls. Enjoy your new and (we assume) vastly improved, home, you crazy Season 14 cast members, you!

Fittingly, we will conclude this "full scoop" update by reminding you of all the cast members who will be enjoying these new quarters during Season 14 of "MADtv," as well as providing you with a recap of those who will not. Established series regulars who will help provide the Season 14 fun are Crista Flanagan, Keegan-Michael Key, Bobby Lee, Arden Myrin, Nicole Parker, and Johnny Sanchez. Joining them will be new series regular Matt Braunger and three new featured players, Erica Ash, Eric Price, and Lauren Pritchard. Sadly, we have been forced at gunpoint to accept the departures of Season 13 featured players Daheli Hall, Anjelah Johnson, and Dan Oster; five-year veteran Jordan Peele; and the show's longest-running cast member ever, ten-year stalwart Michael McDonald. All in all, it will be very interesting to see how everything unfolds come September 13th. Can you handle the anticipation? I know I can. Season 14 of "MADtv," the world awaits.

"We can dig it!"

Last edited by mizzimad; 07/15/2008 at 3:44 PM. Reason: Original post updated.

Old 07/14/2008, 8:41 PM
Obsessed!

No Jordan!?!?! But I wanted another Fashion Surprise

- "He looka lika man." - Bunny Swan
-"This has been Cabana Chat, and this AHH AHH AHHHHHH is Dixie Wetsworth!" -Dixie Wetsworth, Cabana Chat
-"Tcha...ya know what? Huh-uh!" - The Vancome Lady
-"You're so sexy!" - 2-Litre Beth
-"Look how little my gloves are!" - Dot Goddard
-"Sit your ass on down for a big ol' slice of truth, and a side of wisdom" - Tovah McQueen
-"Look what I can do!" ~ Stuart
Old 07/14/2008, 8:54 PM
Flan-Boy Extraordinaire

What the hell? Where is Jordan?

BIG BIRD COME BACK!!!

Old 07/14/2008, 9:12 PM
Staff Alumnus
Staff Alumnus

If there's anything good about the fact that there are only 10 castmembers for Season 14, it's that A) smaller casts often do better, given the material is decent and B) there's a balance between male and female castmembers--5 male, and 5 female.

Old 07/14/2008, 9:18 PM

WTF? Jordan is gone?!! Shit, he was my favorite.
Old 07/14/2008, 9:41 PM
Run & Tell DAT! Homeboy!

Yeah, I figured he would come back. He seemed like he had a new character in Melvin Dufrane.

Old 07/14/2008, 9:52 PM
Cupcake: Celebrating S14!

In all honesty, Jordan was never one of my favorites. However, for many people, Ike Barinholttz was never one of their favorites. After Ike left the cast he was missed by several people, and I believe that I will grow to miss Jordan Peele assuming the role of Big Bird ("I was visiting my relatives in South East Asiaaaaaa!" "Whoa, Bird, you might have the bird flu!" LOLZ!).

I am still VERY depressed that Michael and Dan are not returning and that Johnny Sanchez is returning, and I don't think that I will ever be able to get over this tragedy. Nevertheless, Nicole Parker's return has kept my faith in MAD alive, and Bobby Lee's unexpected return (following his temporary departure notice on his MySpace earlier this year) is also a rather pleasant surprise.

Also, I have seen Erica Ash on The Big Gay Sketch Show and she was FABULOUS, so I believe that we can expect great performances from this newcomer.

At this point, I really don't have much left to say, aside from the fact that I am a huge fan of the musical, Spring Awakening, and one of the show's original cast members was named Lauren Pritchard, just like another newcomer (but not the same Lauren, LOL!). This will no doubt drive me nuts for the whole season, but hopefully MAD's Lauren will make me laugh, as well!

Well, that's my S14 review for now! Peace!

~Fatima~

P.S. See clips of Erica Ash in The Big Gay Sketch Show here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qamRCVApxnk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9wyjl3BE_4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BV25oXOHvkI

Michael, Mo + Nicole Parker FOREVER!!!!

Last edited by xo_stuartlarkin_; 07/14/2008 at 11:07 PM.
Old 07/14/2008, 10:43 PM
MADtv Fan Since 1995 EST.

all i can say is that i surprised to see how 14 looks. It looks ok but wow and that is all i am going to say
Old 07/14/2008, 10:45 PM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

Wow, no Jordan!? I was never a huge fan of Jordan, but still that's shocking, and I feel I may grow to miss him as a cast member. Also, I am so not use to the updated cast list at the side. I have been looking at the other one for so long that it will take a while for me to get use to it. The returning cast list to me still looks so empty, with so many people gone, or close to leaving, and Johnny on staff it looks so small.

P.S. I still miss, and can't believe Michael McDonald's not on staff this year. It's just wrong!

Rise from the Dead!

Planet MADtv (August 28th 2002- August 28th 2009, August 28th 2010)
Old 07/14/2008, 11:09 PM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

Now that I have seen Erica Ash and read her bio, she looks familiar, but I am glad that MAD hired a black woman to keep the black woman power sketches alive, I was worried they were going to jump that ship I am also glad that their are 2 woman on staff. I hope MAD at least hires one of them. I know it's too early to judge, but here's who I think will be moving on and who's not

Moving on

Matt Braunger: He looks like he could be really funny. I have read more about him and he seems very MADtv material.

Erica Ash: She looks like she could bring something interesting to the show, something new. I'm excited to see what she has to bring!

Not Returning

Eric Price: I just think that he can't go very far. He looks like the type of person who is going to be introducing a lot of homosextual characters on the show, and eventually that is going to get boring. He also looks like he's got a Dan, Pat, and Josh thing going, and you know what happened to them.

Lauren Pritchard: I don't think she is going to pass mearly due to her history. The comedy troupe she was in says that the troupe gives comedy laughs for the whole family (along those lines), and if I know anything about MADtv, it is anything but a family show.

Rise from the Dead!

Old 07/14/2008, 11:23 PM
Cupcake: Celebrating S14!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvmanismadformad View Post

Eric Price: I just think that he can't go very far. He looks like the type of person who is going to be introducing a lot of homosextual characters on the show, and eventually that is going to get boring. He also looks like he's got a Dan, Pat, and Josh thing going, and you know what happened to them.
This is where I really don't like what happens to MAD! Pat, Josh, and especially Dan (this past season) had so much potential, and it is so terrible that MAD lets them go so early. Depending on whether or not Eric makes me laugh, I really hope that MAD gives him a chance, and that the Pat-Josh-Dan curse will FINALLY be broken!

~Fatima~

Michael, Mo + Nicole Parker FOREVER!!!!
Old 07/15/2008, 1:42 AM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

One more question mizzimad. Is there any update on the new location, because that is really the last hudle in the long black tunnel or uncertainty that is pre season 14 before we reach the exit into the light.

Rise from the Dead!

Old 07/15/2008, 1:58 AM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

Hey, I was just reading an article on TV Guide's website and it it does not mention Johnny Sanchez as returning. Could someone please report this as true. It would make me so happy!

Here's the link to the article

http://www.cc.tvguide.liveworld.com/...ting/800043206

Rise from the Dead!

Old 07/15/2008, 2:34 AM
Ready for a change
Active Supporter

firstly..
NOOOO JORDAAAAAN

second
wtf is the big gay sketch show

third
does this mean shes gay?

fourth
NOOOOOO JORDAAAAAAAAAANNNN
Old 07/15/2008, 2:48 AM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

Default SNL's Political Tursdays

People, I have just realized something very important. Something that may make it possible for our show to keep going, and even beat SNL in the ratings some day! Now I know I have posted a lot on here already, but please just go with me on this! In October SNL will be doing 4 90-minute Thursday night prime time episodes. With these episodes set to happen, the chances of them doing a new Saturday episode are low. This means that if MADtv can have new episodes on these nights that SNL is not going to have, and the episodes MADtv has are really funny, we may just be able to pull a few viewers from SNL, because at the time, MADtv will be going on at a time where they have absolutely NO COMPETITION, except for local news! Now I have stated that season 14 is going to be the most important season in MADtv history before (I'm not going to go find the post, that will take too long), but October may very well be the most important month in MADtv history!

Rise from the Dead!

Old 07/15/2008, 4:18 AM
26/07/16!!

5 established cast members vs 5 unestablished cast members, its definitely shaping up to be an interesting season!

Old 07/15/2008, 4:42 AM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

I look at this group, and it looks very much like the season 3 cast. Look up the season 3 cast and you will see a similar pattern.

Rise from the Dead!

Old 07/15/2008, 6:16 AM
Casual Fan

i'm sad, that jordan won't return and a lot sadder cause michael won't be there this season
and i just saw the clips xo_stuartlarkin_ posted and i really love that erica ash she's damn funny maybe amanda bearse recommended her to the madtv producers, cause she directed that naomi campbell sketch with erica and as we all know, so many sketches on madtv (connection )
so, i'm really curious how they all work together... hopefully it goes all well!

and let's hope they learned their lesson about the the music box theater! i want my good old madtv back

EDIT: and hopefully they use the original song again!!

Last edited by grenn-o; 07/15/2008 at 7:48 AM.
Old 07/15/2008, 7:13 AM
Darth Tater
Staff Alumnus

My highest hopes are resting on Eric this season. Everything I've seen him do, I've liked.

Matt I'm a little bit iffy on. Not a huge fan of Stand Up and I haven't seen alot of diversity (or humor from him).

Erica seems like a very OTT performer. Something that, if done right on MADtv, can make you very popular performer with the masses. See Debra, Michael, Mo, Bobby, Will etc. Hopefully she won't be able to drag over her characters from The Big Gay Sketch Show and will have to create new ones.

Lauren I just like because she is different. Haven't seen alot of what she can do yet so I'm kind of reserving judgement. I think I'll like her though.

As far as the returning cast goes, it seems weird that Bobby is the anchor now (followed by Nicole and Keegan). I remember seeing their first episodes when they originally aired and it seems weird to think that was so long ago. I'm really only happy about those two and Crista returning. I like Bobby, but wouldn't have missed him this season, nor Arden. Johnny, I honestly don't mind seeing more of, as long as we get to see more stuff like Lil Joker.

Looking forward to this season, hopefully it will be a good one.

Old 07/15/2008, 7:14 AM
Darth Tater
Staff Alumnus

PS: Erica is straight.