Go Back   Planet MADtv > Sketch Comedy > Front Page News
Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03/29/2008, 7:52 PM
"You, sir, are sissified"
Staff Alumnus

Post One Nicole Parker Pledges Eight Episodes If Season 14 Occurs

Alas, there is great news for all of those "MADtv" fans who think that Nicole Parker is the best thing since the Wacky WallWalker and are therefore ready to take to the streets with torches in hand once she leaves the show. Well, feel free to put aside the gasoline-soaked stakes and matchbooks temporarily, for we at Planet MADtv have it on good authority that Nicole's contract with the series has been extended for eight episodes. In other words, if we abide by the assumption (however dire) that there will indeed be a Season 14 of "MADtv," then we can expect to see Nicole among next season's cast members, at least for the aforementioned episodes. Again, in no way does this Nicole news imply that the prospect of a Season 14 is a given, only that Nicole will be on board for eight episodes if it actually comes to fruition. Proceed with caution at this stage, sports fans; after all, studies show that carts before horses tend not to move too fast.

From this latest news, we can conclude that the claims Nicole made in this August 2007 article were slightly premature. Still, we may likewise read a great deal of validity into her assertion that she wishes to do things apart from "MADtv," as evidenced by her ever-growing interest in Broadway and other outside entertainment pursuits. As far as Nicole's tentative sixth "MADtv" season is concerned, we are likely looking at a scenario in which her eight episodes would be somewhat dispersed throughout the season a la Stephnie Weir's Season 11 contributions. Then again, who knows what the good folks in Alfredville have up their sleeves at this point? (Lint seems like a really good possibility.) At any rate, if we get a Season 14, then we get Nicole Parker too. You may now return to your regularly scheduled Wacky WallWalkers while you await further "MADtv" updates.

"We can dig it!"

Old 03/29/2008, 8:06 PM
Run & Tell DAT! Homeboy!

Um... yay?

As much as I love Nicole, I don't understand why people do that. It's like, you're gonna grace us all with your presence, but only for five episodes?

Old 03/29/2008, 8:18 PM
Hardcore Fan

Great news!
Old 03/29/2008, 8:19 PM
Staff Alumnus
Staff Alumnus

Well given the fact that it's A) Nicole Parker and B) she's even willing to do part of a "6th-season," I'd say that the 8 episodes is better than nothing at all. At least she's confirming it as well; most castmembers in the past did their 5th, or 6th year, and basically disappeared without any mentioning as to why they did.

Old 03/29/2008, 8:38 PM
MADtv Fan Since 1995 EST.

I Knew.....!!!!!!!!i Knew It

I Knew She Was Not Going To Leave Madtv, Now I Am Going To Finally Be In Madtv Once Again Because She In My Opinion Makes Mad Tv And Without Her I Dont Know, I Hope They Do What They Did With Mo Even Though She Is Not On The Show The Whole Season But Still Keep Her In The Credits, And I Hope Jordan And Keegan Stay For Next Season.
Old 03/29/2008, 9:50 PM
Staff Alumnus
Staff Alumnus

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanmathis26 View Post
I Hope They Do What They Did With Mo Even Though She Is Not On The Show The Whole Season But Still Keep Her In The Credits.
That would be a nice thing. Unfortunately I highly doubt the show would go through with that like they did in Season 9. Someone correct me on this if I'm wrong, but I believe that cast members of any show receive some form of payment if they are featured in the opening credits--even if they do not appear in the episode themselves. Given the state of MADtv, their budget would most likely not allow this.

Old 03/29/2008, 10:14 PM
MADtv Fan Since 1995 EST.

That is true but remember Season 9 budget was bad they only given in 10,000 in each episode, so i don't know...i hope they do that..
Old 03/30/2008, 12:52 AM
Obsessed!

This is the best news ever!!!!! I don't think that Nicole IS the show, but her and Crista are the best on the show imo, all the cast members add something, she is one of the best in my eyes! I'm so happy, even if it only is for 8 episodes! I hope Disney Girl appears once more before she leaves for good.

- "He looka lika man." - Bunny Swan
-"This has been Cabana Chat, and this AHH AHH AHHHHHH is Dixie Wetsworth!" -Dixie Wetsworth, Cabana Chat
-"Tcha...ya know what? Huh-uh!" - The Vancome Lady
-"You're so sexy!" - 2-Litre Beth
-"Look how little my gloves are!" - Dot Goddard
-"Sit your ass on down for a big ol' slice of truth, and a side of wisdom" - Tovah McQueen
-"Look what I can do!" ~ Stuart
Old 03/30/2008, 4:37 AM
Winter is coming, and SO AM I
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADfan2004 View Post
As much as I love Nicole, I don't understand why people do that. It's like, you're gonna grace us all with your presence, but only for five episodes?
Apparently, this development is another byproduct of the strike -- that is, because S13 was cut short, the higher-ups have pulled a power move and forcefully extended her contract into S14 to make up for lost time. In following, we can now safely assume that Keegan and Jordan will also be back for at least part of next season, but of course, we have no confirmation of that at this stage.

Old 04/01/2008, 3:35 PM
Obsessed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwind View Post
Apparently, this development is another byproduct of the strike -- that is, because S13 was cut short, the higher-ups have pulled a power move and forcefully extended her contract into S14 to make up for lost time. In following, we can now safely assume that Keegan and Jordan will also be back for at least part of next season, but of course, we have no confirmation of that at this stage.
thats sad that it isn't her wanting to come back but at least she'll be back.

-"This has been Cabana Chat, and this AHH AHH AHHHHHH is Dixie Wetsworth!" -Dixie Wetsworth, Cabana Chat
-"Sit your ass on down for a big ol' slice of truth, and a side of wisdom" - Tovah McQueen
Old 04/01/2008, 3:57 PM
Hardcore Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwind View Post
So can we assume that there will be a fourteenth season?
Old 04/01/2008, 5:37 PM
Winter is coming, and SO AM I
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonder8484 View Post
So can we assume that there will be a fourteenth season?
Not at this time, no; the "assuming S14 hits" clause still applies. In the event that they're renewed, quite obviously, they need to be prepared.

Old 04/01/2008, 6:47 PM
Staff Alumnus
Staff Alumnus

If I was Nicole (and the others) I would totally half-ass every performance next season. That's a horrid thing to do to her. Of course for our sakes I hope she doesn't do that X_X
Old 09/15/2008, 1:52 PM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

Default Are we Sure Nicole is Leaving Mid-Season

I just wanted to ask, since last season we all thought she was leaving at the end of season 13, and then she came back for season 14. Also, that 8 episode commitment was said back in February. I was just wondering if anything has changed since then, or maybe I'm just holding out on a stupid dream.

Rise from the Dead!

Planet MADtv (August 28th 2002- August 28th 2009, August 28th 2010)
Old 09/15/2008, 2:40 PM
dfsvrg

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvmanismadformad View Post
I just wanted to ask, since last season we all thought she was leaving at the end of season 13, and then she came back for season 14. Also, that 8 episode commitment was said back in February. I was just wondering if anything has changed since then, or maybe I'm just holding out on a stupid dream.
I really hope it has changed. Nicole, if you are reading this, STAY ON THE FUCKING SHOW! Your #1 12-year-old fan says so!

Old 09/15/2008, 3:01 PM
Obsessed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicoleparkerfan8 View Post
I really hope it has changed. Nicole, if you are reading this, STAY ON THE FUCKING SHOW! Your #1 12-year-old fan says so!
21 year-old fan agrees!

Old 09/15/2008, 8:44 PM
Totally F****able

Yeah because 12 year olds totally have the ability to dictate a persons career choices for them.

People leave the show and move on, its been the way since the show began. As much as we don't like it. We don't own the people on the show, so they're free to leave when they want.

Besides who would want to stay on a show where the cast is the lowest paid cast on television, where the newbies only get paid 5,000 per episode BEFORE TAXES and depending on the veteran, only around 15,000 per episode BEFORE TAXES.

Old 09/15/2008, 8:54 PM
Hardcore Fan

If that show happened to be one of the most valuable experiences to someone, I wouldn't care about how much they paid.
Old 09/15/2008, 10:39 PM
Totally F****able

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_light_888 View Post
If that show happened to be one of the most valuable experiences to someone, I wouldn't care about how much they paid.

honourable, yet not everyone would think the way you do. Most people are really all about the money, no matter how much they say they're in it for the art, it really comes down to money. This is why we have strikes and people making 2 million dollars an episode on some shows.

Old 09/15/2008, 11:42 PM
Flan-Boy Extraordinaire

That's the reality. Sure, we fans would love to be on MADtv, even for the experience, but will it pay the bills and keep us full? Especially when you're living in a place that cost so much to live in (Hollywood, LA). As much as I hate to say it, the cast has to move on, even though that means we might never see them again.

(That wouldn't happen to Crista... would it? )