Go Back   Planet MADtv > Sketch Comedy > Front Page News
Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01/10/2003, 2:10 AM
Winter is coming, and SO AM I
Administrator

Post Could this be... movie news?

It certainly could be, and it certainly is! While this may come as a shock to many of you, you'll be happy to know that an ex-MADtv cast member -- more specifically, Alex Borstein -- has a small role in Disney's The Lizzie McGuire Movie. Here's the jazz on that, blatantly ripped from Yahoo!:
Graduating from junior high school, Lizzie McGuire (Duff) goes to Italy for her summer vacation. Lizzie's inner thoughts are represented on the screen in the form of an animated version of herself.

This movie is based upon the popular TV series, "Lizzie McGuire", which aired on the Disney Channel in 2001-2002, as part of their "Zoog Weekendz" schedule, and also airs on ABC Saturday mornings. The series ended production after 65 episodes, with the franchise now moving to the big screen instead.
Those of you with children or child-like tendencies will want to look for this baby in theaters starting May 2nd, 2003.

Additionally, Miss Borstein will be playing opposite Denis Leary in the upcoming sex comedy, Bad Boy. Assuming this does indeed hit theaters, it could prove to be a real hoot. Here's the synopsis:
In order to collect his million dollar inheritance from his grandmother, a promiscuous playboy (Leary) must apologize to the legions of women (Hurley, others) he has slept around with over the years...
Once again, thanks go out to MADMADMAD for those leads.

Old 01/10/2003, 6:28 AM
Staff Alumnus
Staff Alumnus

Default Lizzie McGuire?

So, THAT's what she was off filming in Greece! Remember? Around September she announced that she had to cancel the rest of her tour to go to Greece and film a movie?

"If you want to be a better actor - a better lawyer, doctor, teacher - anything - be a better human being." ~ Debra Wilson
Old 01/10/2003, 8:41 AM
Angie -- Michael McD fan!
Staff Alumnus

Default Re: Could this be... movie news?

Quote:
Originally posted by blackwind
Additionally, Miss Borstein will be playing opposite Denis Leary in the upcoming sex comedy, Bad Boy. Assuming this does indeed hit theaters, it could prove to be a real hoot.
LOL sounds great! Can't wait to see it!

Guard: Lift up your shirt, son.
Chris: I need an adult! I need an adult!
Guard: You're not a shoplifter, you're just a fat kid. Sorry about that fatty fat fatty. Hey Tom, he's just a fat kid! Aren't you, fatty? You're just a big ol' fat kid. Here's some chocolate, fatso.
Chris: Thanks!
Lois: Oh, honey, no one thinks you're fat.
Lifeguard: I'm sorry ma'am, you can't park your van on the diving board.
Lois: This is my son!
Lifeguard: Oh. My apologies. Hey Tom! He's not a van, he's just a fat kid!
--Family Guy