Go Back   Planet MADtv > Sketch Comedy > Front Page News
Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01/03/2003, 4:02 PM
Winter is coming, and SO AM I
Administrator

Post Sasso to hit it big next television season?

A big wet one goes out to MADMADMAD for pointing out a real spicy story that, mysteriously, nobody else picked up on for nearly a month. Here's the entire feed from Zap2it:
Former "Mad TV" player Will Sasso has signed a new deal with ABC and its sister studio, Touchstone Television.

Sasso, who appeared on "Mad TV" for five years, will write or co-write a comedy project for ABC as part of his new agreement, according to The Hollywood Reporter. He would also receive a producer credit for the project.

The current deal is Sasso's second with ABC and Touchstone. He starred in a comedy pilot from writer John Ridley ("Three Kings," "Undercover Brother") last development season; the network chose not to pick it up.

The new agreement also includes an option for Touchstone to cast Sasso in another project it's developing for ABC's fall 2003 lineup. ABC and Touchstone are divisions of Disney.
This means that, if all goes well, there could be *two* Will Sasso shows on the air this fall. How long they'll last is another story altogether, of course, but this is still excellent news for Sasso fans.

Old 01/03/2003, 9:42 PM
Rufff Rufff!!!

God I hope one day I hope a MAD cast member becomes so successful they host SNL (like Nicole Sullivan maybe) or come back to host MAD to promote their project.

Congrats Will, we're all behind you. And judging by your rear end size, perhaps that's not such a great idea after all.

Old 01/03/2003, 9:55 PM
Geometry Sucks.
Staff Alumnus

Oh come on now, Will's not that overweight! And even if his rear end was really big, I would still be behind it all the time. It would provide lots of wonderful shade on a hot day.

Good evening, y'all. I'm Tovah McQueen. (And I'm Belma Buttons.) And this is, reality check. The show where you leave your delusions at the door, sit yo' ass down, open up wide for a big ole' slice of truth, with a side of wisdom.

--Reality Check

(Tovah: Oh now Belma baby-- I gotta ask yo' now: Did you make this Chocolate covered butter stick?

Belma: OOh, girl, you know I did. But I made it with that lightly salted butter. You know we do gotta watch our high blood.

Tovah: OOh, baby, this is so good I outtta bust 'ya in da head with a car engine!)

Reality Check: Dreamin' of Denzel Washington...

(my favorite Reality Check sketch)
Old 01/03/2003, 10:20 PM
Rufff Rufff!!!

I'm the Vancome Lady of this forum. I see no evil, hear no evil, but hell do I speak evil . Nice joke... for a beginner, lol

Old 01/04/2003, 6:11 AM
Get down tonight!

Hooray for Will! Hope it all works out.

Old 01/04/2003, 12:58 PM
Can't You Read the Signs?

Well, as long as he doesn't act the way he did during his last two seasons of "MadTV", it should be good!

I saw Will recently in the movie Best in Show BTW.. it was just a cameo though, he was there for like two minutes (if that)..