Go Back   Planet MADtv > Everything Else > Off-topic Discussion > TV Shows
Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07/09/2006, 8:33 PM
D2F

Default Chappelles Show

Thought I'd start this thread up because the show is sorta kinda coming back (in "lost episodes" form). This used to be one of my favorite shows ever, but while Dave was away and comedy central was doing repeats, the show got stale (I'm sure we all experienced one too many people yelling out lil' Jon lines or saying that they are Rick James, bitch). I'm wondering if anyone else is going to give the show a fair chance and what they think of the new episodes.

I'm watching one episode right now, it was alright. Dave's wife is BEAUTIFUL

Oh and one thing that does suck is that they are putting that Mind of Mencia garbage in between great shows like Chappelle's Show and Reno 911! Thanks comedy central

An invariant mass requires rest energy without a HITCH, which makes Newton's second law as it appears in a nonrelativistic classical mechanics sitch, BIATCH.

Founding member of Club Juno the most kickass character of The Descent

Old 07/10/2006, 12:52 AM
Run & Tell DAT! Homeboy!

While I don't agree that Mind of Mencia is garbage, the new episode really sucked. I really think it was a bad idea putting them on back-to-back (I'll explain why in a sec). And what was up with that cheapshot Mencia took at Chappelle's Show, anyway? How dare he poke fun at the show that his has been reduced to giant ripoff of? [/not sarcasm]

Old 07/10/2006, 1:59 AM
D2F

What fun poking do you speak of? If it was on Mencia's show, I didn't catch it. I saw him do a commercial about the sunday lineup saying that it was a black guy and a Mexican followed by the cops (Reno 911!) and made some weak joke about that.

I do agree about the back to back thing. Its not needed. This first episode wasn't that strong but it was alright. They can't all be winners. It does seem a little exploitative on Comedy Central's part to just show all of his stuff without him there, but I guess they paid plenty for their show and want to make some of that money back.

An invariant mass requires rest energy without a HITCH, which makes Newton's second law as it appears in a nonrelativistic classical mechanics sitch, BIATCH.

Old 07/10/2006, 11:49 AM
Completely Unrelated.

The episode was okay. It wasn't the greatest and it wasn't the worst. I didn't like how they had Charlie Murphy and that other guy hosting. But the Tupac song was pretty funny.

Yeah, I know what you mean by the whole "poking fun" thing. Carlos was talking about this negro tracker or whatever and he was like saying something like "Comedy Central also used this device to track down the lost episodes of Chappelle's Show". Psshhh.

Old 07/10/2006, 12:33 PM
D2F

I think they have Charlie Murphy and the other guy hosting because Dave doesn't want anything to do with the show anymore. I believe he's out of the picture.

It scares me that enough people watch Mind of Mencia to have it renewed like this

Old 07/11/2006, 9:51 AM
Completely Unrelated.

The thing that gets me with this new Sunday night line-up is, people have waited for new episodes of Chappelle's Show for a long time and people have waited for new Reno 911 ! episodes for about a year. The previous season of Mind of Mencia recently ended a few months ago. I don't get why they would come out with new episodes so soon compared to the other shows.

Old 07/11/2006, 3:30 PM
I AM A ROBOT ALLIGATOR

Chappelle's Show was not that bad at all. I found it to be very funny. Mencia really is crappy. Most of jokes are just LOOK AT ME I AM HISPANIC LOLOL.
Old 07/11/2006, 9:19 PM
Run & Tell DAT! Homeboy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pool Girl
The thing that gets me with this new Sunday night line-up is, people have waited for new episodes of Chappelle's Show for a long time and people have waited for new Reno 911 ! episodes for about a year. The previous season of Mind of Mencia recently ended a few months ago. I don't get why they would come out with new episodes so soon compared to the other shows.
It's not really a new season--it's just the second half of season 2.

Old 07/11/2006, 9:27 PM
Hawt bytch
Staff Alumnus

Comedy is really sucking lately. Sarah Silverman's show was supposed to air this summer, but they postponed it and they're JUST now filming it and it'll air in November. Damn them for making me wait

Selena Luna = Best. Castmember. Ever.
Old 07/11/2006, 10:36 PM
Completely Unrelated.

I didn't know that it was being pushed back. That really sucks. I was really looking forward to it, too. =(

I saw Sarah on the Legends and Celebrity Softball game the other night. She was awesome and it was funny when she swung the bat the other way. lol.

Old 07/12/2006, 3:04 PM
Hardcore Fan

I don't want to be off-topic in the Chapelle's Show but I saw the Softball Game last Monday but I also want to tell you one other moment in the game.

Did you notice that when Rob Reiner was at bat they had a pinch runner near first base whenever he hit the ball to the infield or outfield?
Old 07/17/2006, 2:11 AM
D2F

Today's episode was terrible. Its starting to seem like the sketches they are playing are like leftover/bottom of the barrel ones. Not going to spoil anything for the episode but I found this interesting.

I don't know where I saw it but Dave was doing an interview and talking about the subject of where he draws the line on racial humor. He apparently had a sketch he was working on where he put on blackface (which is pretty much universally offensive at this point) and he was okay since it was going to prove a point but there was a white guy on the crew that laughed a little too hard and in a certain way that really bothered Dave. Anywho, the point is that I believe he said he cancelled the sketch and he didn't want to use it.

Now, anyone who saw the episode will note that they did use a scene where Dave was in blackface. If this is the scene in question, I think it was really messed up to include it in the lost episodes.