Go Back   Planet MADtv > Sketch Comedy > Front Page News
Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10/05/2007, 9:14 PM
"You, sir, are sissified"
Staff Alumnus

Post Arden Myrin Is One of the "Lucky Ones"

In what may be her most sizable movie role to date, Arden Myrin stars as Barbara Tilson in the upcoming motion picture The Lucky Ones. She is listed seventh in the cast credits, and her character is given an actual name--these are always good signs. Here is the plot summary of the film:
"A timely drama about life in America today, Lionsgate's The Lucky Ones stars Rachel McAdams, Tim Robbins and Michael Pena as three soldiers on leave trying to make sense of their lives during an unexpected road trip across the United States. A humorous, moving portrayal about the challenges of coming home, The Lucky Ones is directed by Neil Burger (The Illusionist) from a script by Burger and Dirk Wittenborn.

After suffering an injury during a routine patrol, hardened sergeant TK Poole (Michael Pena) is granted a one-month leave to visit his fiancÚ. But when an unexpected blackout cancels all flights out of New York, TK agrees to share a ride to Pittsburgh with two similarly stranded servicemen: Cheever (Tim Robbins), an older family man who longs to return to his wife in St. Louis, and Colee (Rachel McAdams), a naive private who's pinned her hopes on connecting with a dead fellow soldier's family. What begins as a short trip unexpectedly evolves into a longer journey. Forced to grapple with old relationships, broken hopes and a country divided over the war, TK, Cheever and Colee discover that home is not quite what they remembered, and that the unlikely companionship they've found might be what matters the most."
Unfortunately, not much more about Arden's role is known at this time. From the synopsis, one might assume that she plays one of the soldiers' wives; however, we will have to wait and see. The Lucky Ones is scheduled to be released in December 2007; therefore, loyal fans of this particular "MADtv" cast member will somehow have to tough out the two-month interim. (How "unlucky" for you!) At any rate, if you have ever wanted to check out Arden in a Hollywood movie, then now--or December, rather--is your golden opportunity.

UPDATE (08/20/08): Believe it or not, Arden's film still has not made its way into theaters. According to this article, the conspicuously bumped-up release date for The Lucky Ones is October 3rd. Special thanks go to tvmanismadformad for bringing this to our attention.

"We can dig it!"

Last edited by mizzimad; 08/20/2008 at 2:36 PM. Reason: Date format edit.

Old 08/20/2008, 3:36 AM
"You, sir, are sissified"
Staff Alumnus

Original post updated.

"We can dig it!"
Old 08/20/2008, 4:16 AM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

I didn't realize that it had been sitting on the shelf for this long. I thought it was a relatively new movie, especially with such a high profile star like Rachel McAdams, but then again it does have a MADtv'er in it. I am starting to think that there is a MADtv curse for the actors, the curse is that there movies don't get good play, and they are destined for mediocrity outside of the show. Some people have been able to beat this curse (Alex Borstein, and maybe Nicole Sullivan) but most fail to survive the curse.

Rise from the Dead!

Planet MADtv (August 28th 2002- August 28th 2009, August 28th 2010)
Old 08/20/2008, 5:37 AM
Groggy

Curse eh? I've been thinking along the same lines as well...I think that producers in general should start taking the members of the Madtv cast seriously and put their talents to good use..

All the best for the future!
Old 08/20/2008, 8:28 AM
Flan-Boy Extraordinaire

Wow this news has been here since last year.... Bit dusty, but still good!