Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04/13/2003, 6:02 PM
Regular

Default Suicide

i sometimes want to kill myself.

Old 04/13/2003, 6:05 PM
Right-wing rocker

Aw, why Kenny? That's so sad. I know how that feels though. I used to be suicidal too, and I tried to kill myself quite often. But what I can tell you is that the feeling does go away, and as hard as it may seem, you just have to stick it out until the happiness returns. Life is too precious to give up, even though it may seem like sh*t sometimes. Why do you feel that way, Kenny?

Chris - Hey mama! ; )
Old 04/13/2003, 6:09 PM
Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by Bryansgirl
Aw, why Kenny? That's so sad. I know how that feels though. I used to be suicidal too, and I tried to kill myself quite often. But what I can tell you is that the feeling does go away, and as hard as it may seem, you just have to stick it out until the happiness returns. Life is too precious to give up, even though it may seem like sh*t sometimes. Why do you feel that way, Kenny?
b/c this girl leigh who i really want to be my friend will not be friends w/ me. and she used to be my girlfriend but i have a new girlfriend now. i told leigh that i don't want to be hit or hurt by her anymore but i will still be her friend and she hates that. i'm sad and i don't know what to do. i just don't want to live anymore.

Old 04/13/2003, 9:02 PM
Rufff Rufff!!!

Do you know WHY she doesn't want to be your friend?

And the question isn't "why?" It's what can we do to help you?

Old 04/13/2003, 9:35 PM
Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by Mad Dog
Do you know WHY she doesn't want to be your friend?

And the question isn't "why?" It's what can we do to help you?
just being my friend helps. but i think the reason she doesn't want to be my friend is b/c i won't let her boss me anymore and i won't let her hit.

Old 04/13/2003, 9:42 PM
Rufff Rufff!!!

Well maybe the best way is to not get into contact with her for a few days until you miss eachother. Or just tell her up front what you told us that you dont like the hitting etc...Does the fact that you have a new g/f have anything to do with it?

Lastly it may be bothering you today but situations like this tend to turn around within time and you'll feel a lot happier. You're a cool guy: there's no reason for ya to leave us all hanging!

Old 04/13/2003, 10:05 PM
Ready for a change
Active Supporter

do u really want to be friends with someone that hits you?
Old 04/13/2003, 10:16 PM
Regular

Quote:
Well maybe the best way is to not get into contact with her for a few days until you miss eachother. Or just tell her up front what you told us that you dont like the hitting etc...Does the fact that you have a new g/f have anything to do with it?

Lastly it may be bothering you today but situations like this tend to turn around within time and you'll feel a lot happier. You're a cool guy: there's no reason for ya to leave us all hanging!
i have to see her almost everyday b/c i go to counseling w/ her b/c when we were together, and still kind of, she always hit me and made me sad. but it wasn't her fault tho. i did tell her tho that i don't like being hurt and she is mad a/b that but i still want to show her that i am always going to be her friend. thanx for being so nice mad dog.

Old 04/13/2003, 10:17 PM
Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by tarzapam
do u really want to be friends with someone that hits you?
well i love her and when you love someone you love them for always and no matter what so i do. she is very sad and i want to make her feel better.

Old 04/13/2003, 10:31 PM
Ready for a change
Active Supporter

she sounds like shes need help for her problem

its good that u are standing by her to get through this

i hope that u can get through ur problems
Old 04/14/2003, 11:26 AM
Can't You Read the Signs?

I used to contemplate suicide occasionally, although never attempted it. I don't anymore. I have too much pride, I think, to ever carry it out. If I get really depressed sometimes, I might occasionally wish that something had happened to me, where I would be the victim of something horrible and then whomever I hate would be sorry. Not seriously though.

I think you could only be in the worst, most painful and desperate state to carry out suicide. It's a nice idea I suppose, that everyone would feel sorry they treated you that way, and it would carry on with them for the rest of your life. But you can't watch them do that posthumously. First of all, there might not be life after death. Second, when you die, you're not gonna wander around the world and track these people for the rest of their lives and make them miserable, it's not that easy. That's why I think that if there is a God, and Heaven and Hell, that you would NOT go to Hell for suicide, because I think the fact that they killed themselves is proof enough that they were so sick and desperate and just suffering IMMENSELY.. why would God make you even more?

I could NEVER commit suicide for two reasons.. I think after I was dying this most recent New Year's Day, and watched myself slip away and the doctors and relatives flocking around me, death is just way too scary. Dying is NOT a nice feeling.. you feel colder and colder, and the sounds around you are tuning out, and when you speak it seems so loud, and every little dot of vision starts going black, I was scared absolutely ****less. I was so happy I could cry when they told me that stomach acid resealed my wounds and stopped the bleeding Two, the reason why someone would kill themself is because of an event that just happened to them.. it's an act of desperation. Usually if I get really depressed, it's because of school eventually, and I know that it'll be over soon, so I reassure myself. Mind you, I don't mean to sound like this happens to me all the time, lol.. I'm not too far off my rocker Through my experiences I learned that life is just far too precious to lose... it may seem that the light at the end of the tunnel is too far away, but it will ALWAYS be reached, no matter how long it takes.
Old 04/14/2003, 12:36 PM
Rufff Rufff!!!

So why did you almost die???

Old 04/14/2003, 2:16 PM
Yes, they're real.
Staff Alumnus

I stopped a friend from comitting suicide... We were talking on the phone, his girlfriend dumped him after 4 years for some punk with money, he was talking really stupid stuff, he said he might kill himself, I tried to calm him down, and he did for a bit, then he just dropped the phone and I could hear him go out of the house! He didn't live too far, and I knew there was a railway bridge close to his house, I jumped in my car and raced to the bridge, and he was just about to climb over. I grabbed him and threw him in my car, then drove him to his parents house... He thanked me forever for stopping him afterwards... Damn biatch wasnt worth his life. And guess what, that moron she dumped him for, got her pregnant soon after, and the guy lost his job, and they were both on welfare for a bit, had the baby, etc... how nice eh?

Old 04/14/2003, 2:20 PM
Travis aka... God!

Quote:
Originally posted by HiVolt
I stopped a friend from comitting suicide... We were talking on the phone, his girlfriend dumped him after 4 years for some punk with money, he was talking really stupid stuff, he said he might kill himself, I tried to calm him down, and he did for a bit, then he just dropped the phone and I could hear him go out of the house! He didn't live too far, and I knew there was a railway bridge close to his house, I jumped in my car and raced to the bridge, and he was just about to climb over. I grabbed him and threw him in my car, then drove him to his parents house... He thanked me forever for stopping him afterwards... Damn biatch wasnt worth his life. And guess what, that moron she dumped him for, got her pregnant soon after, and the guy lost his job, and they were both on welfare for a bit, had the baby, etc... how nice eh?
Damn, sounds like she got what she deserved. That is always a nice feeling. I can't stand when people get away with being such b!tches or Assholes.

Old 04/14/2003, 2:26 PM
Travis aka... God!

And Kenny, I am sorry that you feel that way. It sounds like she was a b!tch. You're a really cool guy, and I don't think you deserve to be treated the way you do. What you need to do is keep sticking up for yourself.

Quote:
just being my friend helps. but i think the reason she doesn't want to be my friend is b/c i won't let her boss me anymore and i won't let her hit.
That doesn't sound like a friend to me. I know you love her, but it's not good for either of you if you just let her control you the way she does. And also, you don't want to ruin your current relationship by letting leigh get away with a lot of stuff. She obviously has a problem, and she needs to get over it as well. Just don't give up ok? We'll be here for you.

Old 04/14/2003, 8:10 PM
Can't You Read the Signs?

Quote:
So why did you almost die???
I had surgery on the 26th of December. On New Year's Day, the scabs that were right in the back of my mouth came off, and I was bleeding a little all night and I never knew it (I thought it was just nasal drip, it didn't taste like blood). Well, I didn't wake up until about 3:30 PM, which is highly unusual for me, even when I'm sleeping in I can't sleep past 9:30 AM or so. As a little celebration, me and my family (parents and sister) went to go see Harry Potter in the movies. Before the previews started, the blood started flowing out.. it was terrible.. because it was in the back of my mouth, I had to tilt my head back and gurgle through the pool of blood. Once I started spitting out blood clots, we decided to stop at a medical center (which isn't a hospital, but it was the best we could do in the shortest time). The IV wouldn't go in, the Lifeflight wouldn't come because of bad weather, and they weren't really properly equipped to do anything (it wasn't an ER).. they're flocking around me, panicked, trying to see what they could do, they had never been in a life-rescuing situation like that because usually the ambulance could come get me. The blood wouldn't stop pouring out, my lips were blue, and my blood pressure wouldn't stop dropping.. I started feeling the side effects as I described above. My parents were crying, which made it more upsetting because I had never seen my dad cry or even get near it. I heard them say the first stages of death were starting, and inside I was panicking and that probably made it worse. Then I started throwing up cupfuls of blood.. I thought my life was limited to seconds, but LUCKILY it turned out the stomach acid sealed the wounds back up, so the bleeding stopped, and I wasn't nauseaus and tense because I got all the undigestible blood out of my stomach. So they gave me a nice warm blanket, and we waited for the ambulance to finally drive over, while my heart slowly started pumping blood back into my system.. the recovery was a great feeling By the time I got to the hospital, about an hour later, I felt so much better that I thought I wouldn't need surgery again, but they did it just in case, and recautarized everything. I stayed the night, with an IV there hydrating me all night, I had a great sleep

I dunno why people say the dying ones come to terms with it. I didn't. I was scared, and for the first time I started truly questioning my religious beliefs.. no coming-to-terms whatsoever. I guess it must be the very last stage of death, and luckily I didn't reach there.

I was gonna say something here.. but I decided not to. I thought it was too long of a story to tell, and since I was new for some reason I thought that people would think it's some kind of pity act to get attention or something

And see.. Martin's story.. an act of desperation

I truly believe that those who go through suicide regret it. Knowing what it feels like to die, it's not like you can feel your sould rise out of your body, not at all, it's not satisfying at all. Those who attempt suicide, but are saved, such as overdosing but doctors saved them, won't do it again and they were greatful they were saved.. unless they literally had a mental problem. Those who shoot theirselves, stab themselves, etc. I'm sure as they're feeling themself go like that, they wish they didn't, but it's too late and usually they're alone, and no one can save them It's not the answer, people.
Old 04/14/2003, 9:01 PM
Casual Fan

no offense people but I think we should keep this topic focused on Kenny. he actually is sad right now. I don't know what to say to help but i don't think talking about your own stuff is helping him much.
Old 04/14/2003, 9:02 PM
Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by koolboee cdmo87
Those who attempt suicide, but are saved, such as overdosing but doctors saved them, won't do it again and they were greatful they were saved.. unless they literally had a mental problem.
i've tried to kill myself before and i was saved, and i tried to do it again, and i do not have a mental problem. jesus christ.

Old 04/14/2003, 9:05 PM
Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by Billy
no offense people but I think we should keep this topic focused on Kenny. he actually is sad right now. I don't know what to say to help but i don't think talking about your own stuff is helping him much.
thanx billy. you are a good friend.

Old 04/14/2003, 9:09 PM
Casual Fan

No problem.