Go Back   Planet MADtv > Sketch Comedy > Front Page News
Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05/13/2005, 10:07 PM
Darth Tater
Staff Alumnus

Default The Third Annual Los Angeles Improv Comedy Festival (2005)

Since discussion is taking place in lasts years thread, and this years event features some new acts, I thought I'd create a brand spankin' new thread for the The Third Annual Los Angeles Improv Comedy Festival that is taking place between June 5th - June 11th 2005.

Among this years MADtv participants are Ike Barinholtz, Mo Collins, Andrew Daly, Keegan-Michael Key, Nicole Parker and MADtv writer Tami Sagher. The MADtv-involved events are as follows:
Sunday June 15th at 9pm: 313 (featuring Keegan- Michael Key)
Catch Second City Mainstage & E.T.C. alums Larry Joe Campbell (According to Jim), Andy Cobb, Joshua Funk, Nyima Funk, Marc Evan Jackson and MADtv's Keegan Michael Key perform an evening of improvisational theatre at it's best. If you're wondering what Second City is all about, this is it!.

Monday June 6th at 9pm: Armando (featuring Andrew Daly)
The Armando Show begins with one suggestion from the audience, which is then interpreted by that night's Armando (frequently a celebrity guest) through a personal and truthful improvised monologue. Inspired by that monologue, a cast composed of veteran Chicago and Los Angeles alumni perform scenes which, in turn inspire a response from Armando. This propels hilarious interchanges between Armando's monologues and the company's scenes.

Monday June 6th at 11pm: Baby Wants Candy (featuring Nicole Parker)
Baby Wants Candy is a Chicago-based theater group that has amazed audiences around the world with our signature show, a completely improvised hour-long musical. This team performs 'The Harold': A group of improvisers take a single suggestion from the audience and use it as a springboard to create thirty to forty-five minutes of scenes, games and monologues.

Cast: Don Bardwell, Craig Cackowski, Robert Dassie, Ali Davis, Josh Funk, Jack McBrayer and Nicole Parker. Piano by Andrew Melton.

Thursday June 9th at 10pm: Messing With A Friend (with special guest Ike Barinholtz)
Messing with a Friend is a joyous freak show. Susan Messing's special friend for The LA Improv Festival is the infamous Ike Barinholtz (MADtv). Come by and enjoy hell. They sure will.

Saturday June 11th at 5pm: Improv Forum (featuring Mo Collins)
Free - but you need to call and make reservation. (call the office Mon - Fri 11am to 6pm)
Featuring: Andy Dick (Less Than Perfect, News Radio, Andy Dick Show), Matt Besser (Upright Citizen's Brigade, Comedy Central's Crossballs), Mo Collins (MADtv, Arrested Development, & Fat Actress)

Saturday June 11th at 8pm: UCB presents ASSSSCAT 3000 (featuring Andrew Daly)
The Upright Citizens Brigade performs longform improv with possible special guests.
Scheduled to appear: Matt Besser (Upright Citizen's Brigade, Comedy Central's Crossballs), and others!

Saturday June 11th at 10pm: SNL & MADtv
You wanted the best, you got the best. These Improv All-Stars come back home to throw down in an old school improv bash.

Scheduled to appear: Seth Meyers (Saturday Night Live), Jerry Minor (Saturday Night Live), Mo Collins (MADtv, Arrested Development, & Fat Actress), Tim Meadows (Saturday Night Live), Ike Barinholtz (MADtv), Melanie Hutsell (Saturday Night Live), Nicole Parker (MADtv), Keegan-Michael Key (MADtv), Tami Sagher (MADtv) and others!
We got alot of feedback from people who went last year, so hopefully this year will be the same. Too bad Stephnie isn't going this year. For those of you who go, I expect plenty of pictures of Nicole Parker. Thanks in advance.

Old 05/14/2005, 9:20 AM
Completely Unrelated.

I would love to go...only if I lived in LA.

Old 05/14/2005, 1:30 PM
Alex + Jackson= <3

OMG I actually might be able to go to this! I'm about 8 hours from there (driving)... compared to Chicago where I have to fly.

YAY!!

Do you think it's like the CIF where you can meet them?

Sketches Written: 3
Spishak: Dolls with Balls
The Fatty Dry Cheesewhiz Chocolate Spam
Bakery

CoMe To ThE cHaT!
<Devs> PLAYTEX METAL HORNS GLIDE are the best
View Post Old 05/14/2005, 4:16 PM
MoForPresident
This message is hidden because MoForPresident was banned from the site.
Old 05/16/2005, 8:43 AM
Totally F****able

Quote:
Originally posted by MoForPresident

i think someone said you have to be 21 to get into mos thing.

Yup.....you gotta be 21 to get into the festival cuz the theater where its being held is inside a bar.

Old 05/16/2005, 1:41 PM
Completely Unrelated.

Quote:
Originally posted by Scorpiogrrl4405

Yup.....you gotta be 21 to get into the festival cuz the theater where its being held is inside a bar.
That sucks. But I can understand why they do that.

Old 05/16/2005, 7:05 PM
Regular

Default PICTURES??????

ok Somebody here I"m sure said that they had PICTURES ! So lets see the pictures ! Please don't make me wait till next year.

Old 06/06/2005, 10:04 AM

Oh man, I really wanted to go, especially to tonight's show... xcept I live 2500 miles from L.A.
Old 06/06/2005, 10:49 AM
Hardcore Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by I_Love_Nicole_P
Oh man, I really wanted to go, especially to tonight's show... xcept I live 2500 miles from L.A.
I REALLY REALLY REALLY wish I could have gone... But Texas is soooooo far away from it...
Old 06/06/2005, 2:50 PM
Totally F****able

The workshop with Mo and the SNL vs MAD showdown are next Saturday, the 11th.

Old 06/06/2005, 3:23 PM

Hopefully we can get pics or vidcaps of it...
It would be awesome!
Old 06/06/2005, 9:05 PM
Jiggle jaggle, jig jig.

Yep! I'm not old enough. I was planning to go but oh well! *sits at the calendar till my bday*

Old 06/07/2005, 4:26 PM
Alex + Jackson= <3

ooooh, the 11th hasn't happened yet...

Bakery

CoMe To ThE cHaT!
Old 06/09/2005, 10:39 PM
*Take Back America!*

Well, I'm on my way to this. I'll be at the SNL vs. MADtv show on Saturday.

I'll give you guys all the details when I get back.

"I even liked Tom Cruise, in what may have been his last good role before going insane" - PitaPockets on the movie "Magnolia"
Special thanks to Viper for making my awesome avatars!

The views expressed in CS4 are not mine, but are Darlene McBride's!
Old 06/09/2005, 11:25 PM
Jiggle jaggle, jig jig.

Oooo take pictures! Have fun

Old 06/09/2005, 11:29 PM
Staff Alumnus
Staff Alumnus

I'm so insanely jealous, that sounds amazing!

Have a blast, I'm sure you will. Take lots of pics and give us DETAILS! I can't wait to hear all about it.

"If you want to be a better actor - a better lawyer, doctor, teacher - anything - be a better human being." ~ Debra Wilson
Old 06/13/2005, 1:28 PM
*Take Back America!*

Default SNL vs. MADtv

I'm back from California and had a great time. Let me just get a couple of things out of the way ...

1.) Nicole Parker was not in the show . Andrew Daly was there instead. Also, Seth Meyers wasn't there either.
2.) I did not take any pics because "cameras were not allowed" (I called ahead of time).
3.) I didn't meet any of the them (although Ike stood next to me at the bar for a couple of minutes before the show).

With all that said, the show was great. Everyone was hilarious (except for a certain, current SNL castmember that shall rename nameless because I can't stand him ). It's hard to describe the show because it was really fast-paced. It was one thing after another. I did get to see Mo do a little "Martha Stewart", which was great! (But that certain SNL castmember came in and ruined it by doing a crappy "Dr. Phil" impression) Other things that I remember from the show are the "Gay Thanksgiving", the new "Benetton" ad, Mo becoming a honorary "black person" , and the fact that Tami Sagher is super-funny. I really liked her.

That's all I can remember for the moment (I had a couple of cocktails at the show, give me a break...lol). If I think of anything else or you guys have any questions, just let me know.

Oh, and Mo, if you read this ... the "retarded witch" was the best part of the show! I couldn't stop laughing at that!

Here's a link to pics of Saturday's shows. A few pages into it you'll find the SNL vs. MADtv ones. Enjoy.

http://www.iowest.com/photos/festival2005/festival_7

"I even liked Tom Cruise, in what may have been his last good role before going insane" - PitaPockets on the movie "Magnolia"
Special thanks to Viper for making my awesome avatars!

The views expressed in CS4 are not mine, but are Darlene McBride's!

Last edited by MOdonna; 06/13/2005 at 2:05 PM.
Old 06/13/2005, 8:56 PM
Jiggle jaggle, jig jig.

Hahaha Mo's shirt is great. Not only is it a sound, but she can remember her name if she looks in the mirror

Thanks for the link! I bet you had an awesome time.

Old 06/14/2005, 9:46 AM
Totally F****able

Quote:
Originally posted by iLoveStewie
Hahaha Mo's shirt is great. Not only is it a sound, but she can remember her name if she looks in the mirror

hahaha! She looks really pretty all tanned and toned, plus the bandana looks cute on her.
Old 06/14/2005, 5:00 PM
Alex + Jackson= <3

LOL i love her shirt! i should get one that says "yenal". lol but that looks weird.

Bakery

CoMe To ThE cHaT!