Go Back   Planet MADtv > Our Database > MADtv Repository > MADtv Episode Guide > Season 12 (2006-2007)
Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Notices

View Poll Results: What was your favorite sketch of #1217?
Open: Edge's Workout 0 0%
$40-a-day #1-3 12 75.00%
Last Speech #1 0 0%
Girl's Soccer Awards Ceremony 0 0%
Attitudes and Feelings, Both Desirable and Sometimes Secretive Part IV 0 0%
Brutha at the Cinema 2 12.50%
Adam Gives a Toast 1 6.25%
Crafty Gals: Video Store 0 0%
Last Speech #2 1 6.25%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03/12/2007, 3:05 AM
Domo Arigato, Mrs. Roboto
Content Robot

Post Episode S12E17 (Aired 2007-03-17)

Edge's Workout
Arden Myrin introduces Wrestler Edge, who has been busy working out for Wrestlemania 23. He then shows Arden how he works out by using her as his weights. As he works out a man in the audience comes down to the stage and calls him out, saying he looks a little bit like an under baked soufflé. Edge punches him to the ground, and then uses Arden to beat the guy. Arden leaves to take care of her pelvis which she thinks is broken, and promises to meet Edge in the green room later.

Credits: Arden Myrin (Herself), Adam Copeland (Himself)

$40-a-day #1
Rachael Ray (Nicole Parker) goes around Los Angeles and tells people how they can eat breakfast, lunch and dinner on $40 a day. She starts out with breakfast, and orders a cheap omelette at $5.48, but with 6 mimosas without the orange juice, she chugged down in the process, that amount was boosted to $36.00 including a 2% tip, leaving her with only $4.00 left for lunch and dinner.

Credits: Nicole Parker (Rachael Ray), Jordan Peele (Tony)

Last Speech #1
Marcus McCloud (Jordan Peele) is about to be beheaded, while giving his final speech a guard in the audience (Ike Barinholtz) has a feeling that he may have raped Marcus, saying that in a village they sacked, they had sex with all the women and one man, which turned out to be Marcus. They let him continue his final words but Marcus is now distracted by the fact that his rapists are in the front row. Feeling that he has suffered enough, the guards let him go against his will.

Credits: Frank Caeti (Executioner), Jordan Peele (Marcus McCloud), Ike Barinholtz (Guard), Keegan-Michael Key (Nigel)

$40-a-day #2
Rachael goes back to the same restaurant for lunch and orders a turkey sandwich, even though she can't afford it. Though she is only able to spend $4.00, the meal costs $44.45 with 7 vodka drinks included. She pays only $4.00 for the meal and runs out on the rest, which she deduces as a "Tony's discount".

Credits: Nicole Parker (Rachael Ray), Jordan Peele (Tony)

Girls' Soccer Awards Ceremony
It's awards night for a girl’s soccer team. The parents request that every child get their own award, which causes awards to be handed out like Cleanest Cleats for the wheelchair stricken kid, Biggest Foot and Won't Stop Talking About my Parakeet.

Credits: Michael McDonald (Coach)

Attitudes and Feelings, Both Desirable and Sometimes Secretive Part IV
Dr. Poon Ji-Sum (Bobby Lee) wakes up in a hospital to find out that his sister and love intrest Long Bong are both identical. The president then enters telling Poon that he has not escaped his attempts to kill him and that a vengeful Canadian seeks him. He then tells Poon to be at the president’s office at 3:00 the next day. Poon goes only to find out that it is a trap, where the Canadian Cornell Overstreet is waiting. They fight, and even though Cornell is bigger and stronger than Poon, Poon wins. Long Bong comes in, joyful that Poon is okay, when Cornell and Long Bong recognize each other. It ends with a note saying that it is the end of the first season of the show.

Credits: Bobby Lee (Himself/Dr. Poon Ji-Sum), Sung Kang (Himself/President Gin Kew Yun Chun Yew Nee), Cathy Shim (Herself/Ms. Long Bong), Adam Copeland (Cornell Overstreet)

Brutha at the Cinema
Darrell (Nicole Randall Johnson) sees a hot girl Yvonne (Crista Flanagan) at the movies and starts to hit on her, asking her if she has a boyfriend and what her name is. He then starts hounding her for her number. When she says that she doesn't give it out. As she tries to move away from Darrell, Darrell moves closer. She then says she would like to ponder the previews, and Darrell gets the message and finally leaves her alone.

Credits: Nicole Randall Johnson (Darrell), Crista Flanagan (Yvonne)

$40-a-day #3
With no money and dinner still to go, Rachael pleads with Tony to give her the meal for free. She orders pasta and a bottle of wine. When she finds out that the meal is on the house, she goes through mood swings from happy to sad, most likely due to the alcohol. Tony carries her out of the restaurant. When Rachael tries to kiss him and he says he has a girlfriend, she goes off in a fit of rage and throws up in a nearby garbage can.

Credits: Nicole Parker (Rachael Ray), Jordan Peele(Tony)

Adam Gives a Toast
Adam (Michael McDonald) is forced to give a toast at his wedding. He decides to tell the story of the day he proposed, but his story keeps getting interrupted by their friends who jump in on almost every word he says. After being interrupted so many times, Adam finally loses it and says that the only reason he married his wife Jennifer (Nicole Parker) was because she is 4 months pregnant.

Credits: Arden Myrin (Girl Friend #1), Frank Caeti (Guy Friend #1), Nicole Parker (Jennifer), Michael McDonald (Adam), Crista Flanagan (Girl Friend #2), Ike Barinholtz (Bill)

Crafty Gals: Video Store
Crafty Gals Denise (Crista Flanagan), and Kendra (Arden Myrin) set up there stand at a video store expecting big college student crowds for their products with National Lampoons Van Wilder the Rise of Taj coming out. A customer in the store (Frank Caeti) comes over interested in what they are selling, but it is soon discovered that he is more jazzed about Denise. When the customer wonders if Denise wants to come out to the forest and have sex with him, but Kendra warns her that it is a similar plot line from a movie. To lower her fears Kendra is offered to come with them, and they all leave.

Credits: Crista Flanagan (Denise), Arden Myrin (Kendra), Frank Caeti (Customer)

Last Speech #2
Marcus runs into trouble when his clothing falls off his shoulder. When they ask him to show a little boob, the executioner pulls it down more which Marcus considers a violation of almost the deepest kind.

Credits: Jordan Peele (Marcus McCloud), Frank Caeti (Executioner), Ike Barinholtz (Guard), Keegan-Michael Key (Nigel)

---

Starring:
  • Ike Barinholtz (3A/0S/0W/0AF)
  • Frank Caeti (4A/0S/0W/0AF)
  • Crista Flanagan (1A/2S/0W/0AF)
  • Nicole Randall Johnson (0A/1S/1W/0AF)
  • Keegan-Michael Key (2A/0S/0W/0AF)
  • Bobby Lee (0A/1S/0W/0AF)
  • Michael McDonald (0A/2S/1W/0AF)
  • Arden Myrin (1A/2S/0W/0AF)
  • Nicole Parker (1A/3S/3W/0AF)
  • Jordan Peele (3A/2S/5W/0AF)
---

Guest Starring:
  • Adam Copeland (0A/2S/0W/0AF)
---

Special Appearance:
  • Sung Kang (0A/1S/0W/0AF)
  • Cathy Shim (0A/1S/0W/0AF)
---

Transcripts:
Legend:
  • (A)ppearance Credit
  • (S)tarring Credit
  • (W)riting Credit
  • Non-Speaking Credit
  • (A)rchival (F)ootage Credit
---

Last edited by tvmanismadformad; 04/20/2016 at 2:09 AM. Reason: Properly Formatted

Old 03/12/2007, 8:04 AM
Run & Tell DAT! Homeboy!

First!

Oh, and this is the first time since John Cena in 1203 that they've had the guest star in the opening.

Old 03/12/2007, 9:19 AM
Obsessed!

I really hope Lisa appears in this episode....I like her a lot

- "He looka lika man." - Bunny Swan
-"This has been Cabana Chat, and this AHH AHH AHHHHHH is Dixie Wetsworth!" -Dixie Wetsworth, Cabana Chat
-"Tcha...ya know what? Huh-uh!" - The Vancome Lady
-"You're so sexy!" - 2-Litre Beth
-"Look how little my gloves are!" - Dot Goddard
-"Sit your ass on down for a big ol' slice of truth, and a side of wisdom" - Tovah McQueen
-"Look what I can do!" ~ Stuart
Old 03/12/2007, 12:43 PM
zlolz

FOX needs to change their cast listing because it's really starting to annoy me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADfan2004 View Post
First!

Oh, and this is the first time since John Cena in 1203 that they've had the guest star in the opening.
That's cause MADtv has an obsession with wrestlers.

What I got from the preview in 1216 is that there's yet another Celebrity Obsessed (I REALLY hope they don't start overusing him), a new "Brutha on the Make" or whatever, and an open(?) with Arden and The Edge.

Last edited by Rurry; 03/12/2007 at 3:06 PM.
Old 03/12/2007, 11:11 PM
"You, sir, are sissified"
Staff Alumnus

I've enjoyed the "Celebrity Obsessed" sketches so far, but I have a bad feeling that we're getting too much of a good thing again. *Cough!* *Stuart!* *Cough!* Oh well, as long as it's funny, I guess I can bear one more this season. Still, "MADtv," know when to say "when." (A message from Mizzweiser, the king of beer bellies. )

Ooh, and they're giving "Brutha on the Make" another go. I wasn't exactly rolling when I saw the last one, but it has a couple of chuckle-worthy moments, I guess. NRJ with a beard kinda creeps me out, though: I have to sleep with the light on.

The Edge is going to be on "MADtv"? Meh, but then he gets stuck with Irlene Mandrell for the show opener. Oh well, I'll watch anyway.

"We can dig it!"
Old 03/13/2007, 4:31 PM
Obsessed!

I'm not a big fan of Celebrity Obsessed......not looking that forward to it...

-"This has been Cabana Chat, and this AHH AHH AHHHHHH is Dixie Wetsworth!" -Dixie Wetsworth, Cabana Chat
-"Sit your ass on down for a big ol' slice of truth, and a side of wisdom" - Tovah McQueen
Old 03/13/2007, 5:03 PM
zlolz

Quote:
Originally Posted by potroastpig View Post
I'm not a big fan of Celebrity Obsessed......not looking that forward to it...
There hasn't been one Celebrity Obsessed I haven't enjoyed yet, but I really hope it doesn't become the next Stuart. Oh well, at least it's not another Bae Sung or Stuart.

Old 03/13/2007, 6:31 PM
Run & Tell DAT! Homeboy!

Oh, come on, people, this NOT gonna become the next Bae Sung or Stuart (which, might I add, have only appeared once each this season).

It's not even like this is the first time to happen, either--airing a new character sketch shortly after the last. Before Season 3 was even HALFWAY OVER, there were already FIVE "Coffee Guy" sketches and "Cabana Chat" was used for three episodes in a row (which may or may not have something to do with Mary's maternity leave).

Hell, look at HNL. Yes, it was used a lot in the beginning, but we haven't seen it since. There's nothing to worry about here, people.

Old 03/13/2007, 8:59 PM
zlolz

According to MADtv.com, there's a new Crafty Girls (I knew they weren't done for ), a new Attitudes and Feelings (hopefully it's better then the last one which was kinda "mehh"), and a parody of Rachel Ray's $40 a Day (this is a TV show, right? cause it seems we've been having less TV parodies this year then last. then again, last year was very heavy on them, so it's all good ). Also, the new "Brutha on the Make" is the preview clip, and it looks better then the 1st one to me.

Sounds good so far, besides maybe Crafty Girls.

Old 03/13/2007, 9:30 PM
Staff Alumnus

Besides definitely Crafty Gals.

MADfan, I can't speak for Rurry--would I dare?--but for my part, I'm not saying that "Celebrity Obsessed" will definitely become the next Stuart/Bae Sung/Dot. (Oops, did I say that out loud? ) However, I still say there's a possibility of overkill here if "MADtv" isn't careful. Speaking of Season 3, I think it's safe to say that the best example of character overkill at that time was Ms. Swan. Many S3 Swans were great, but others didn't quite work. (Of course, at the time, the predictable "he looka like a man" punchline popped up in nearly every sketch. ) I don't care how good the character is; eventually, when "MADtv" features a character that much in one season, there are bound to be turkey sketches, or at the very least a handful that are "meh." So far, that hasn't happened with "CO"; I just hope that the sketches continue to rock and that the character doesn't become stale. Those sketches are the best thing that Old McDonald has going for him right now.

"We can dig it!"
Old 03/13/2007, 9:47 PM
Season 14 is Here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzimad View Post
Besides definitely Crafty Gals.

MADfan, I can't speak for Rurry--would I dare?--but for my part, I'm not saying that "Celebrity Obsessed" will definitely become the next Stuart/Bae Sung/Dot. (Oops, did I say that out loud? )
HEY!!....I didn't think Dot was overused .... she was funny

Anyways, I am looking foward to the Rachel Ray parody *Maybe it's Wendy Walker but it does say "Rachel Ray"* and the Celeberty Obsessed Guy. I am hoping that this season's Crafty Girls is better than last season's *One of the worst season ever IMO*.

Old 03/13/2007, 9:52 PM
Staff Alumnus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dot's Boyfriend View Post
HEY!!....I didn't think Dot was overused .... she was funny
Well, yeah, but you're Dot's boyfriend. I've just never cared for her that much; however, you'll definitely find many around here who will agree with you. You'll find that I tend to hold more than my share of minority opinions at this forum.

"We can dig it!"
Old 03/13/2007, 9:56 PM
Run & Tell DAT! Homeboy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizzimad View Post
Well, yeah, but you're Dot's boyfriend. I've just never cared for her that much
What? I thought I was the only one!

Quote:
I don't care how good the character is; eventually, when "MADtv" features a character that much in one season, there are bound to be turkey sketches, or at the very least a handful that are "meh." So far, that hasn't happened with "CO"
True, but that hasn't really happened with any of the characters. Season 12 has been REALLY good about that. I mean, we didn't even see some of the most popular characters (Stuart, Bae Sung, Lillian Verner) till halfway through the season. And some other popular characters (ILO, Luanne Lockhart) have only been used once or twice all season.

Old 03/13/2007, 11:32 PM
Obsessed!

I love Dot......dang..I miss Stephanie....

I didn't enjoy the Crafty Girls either...lol..hopefully the new one will be good.

Old 03/14/2007, 12:15 AM
His senses were dimmed

I really like crafty gals. They are so easy.

Voted The Nicest forum Member In The Third Annual PlanetMadTV Awards
Old 03/14/2007, 4:01 AM
Relative Unknown

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurry View Post
According to MADtv.com, there's a new Crafty Girls (I knew they weren't done for ), a new Attitudes and Feelings (hopefully it's better then the last one which was kinda "mehh"), and a parody of Rachel Ray's $40 a Day (this is a TV show, right? cause it seems we've been having less TV parodies this year then last. then again, last year was very heavy on them, so it's all good ).
I have to re-watch the preview that aired last week, but I'm pretty certain Edge is going to be in the new Attitudes and Feelings. There was some very brief footage of Edge literally spinning Bobby around, and Bobby was dressed as the Korean soap opera character.
Old 03/17/2007, 8:28 AM
zlolz

If anyone's interested, there's a clip of the new Attitudes and Feelings on FOX.com. It turns out The Edge is going to be in it. So I think that's the first time this season a guest star will have gusted in more then 1 sketch.

Old 03/17/2007, 9:05 PM
zlolz

They're recurring the Battle Scene sketch? WTF? I mean, it was funny and all, but...recurring it?

Old 03/17/2007, 9:45 PM
Bender: still great

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurry View Post
They're recurring the Battle Scene sketch? WTF? I mean, it was funny and all, but...recurring it?
Actually, I thought the one that recently aired was a lot better than the first IMO.

Old 03/17/2007, 9:50 PM
zlolz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cagnazzo View Post
Actually, I thought the one that recently aired was a lot better than the first IMO.
Yeah, I liked this one better then the first one. But I made that post before I had seen that one. I can't see it being recurred again, though, but who knows - I didn't expect Attidues and Feelings to be recurred either.