Go Back   Planet MADtv > Sketch Comedy > Front Page News
Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01/18/2005, 1:35 AM
I'm watching you.
Staff Alumnus

Default Mo Collins is Part of "Instant Comedy Project"

"Still In Search Of..." (working title), is a comedic parody or docu-spoof co-starring Mo Collins and created by reality powerhouse FremantleMedia. Here's a synopsis of the show according to thefutoncritic.com:
Series host Jonathan Frankle goes in search of the paranormal on a shoestring budget, but instead finds trouble with his producer and crew. Production chaos and behind-the-scenes dysfunction bleed into each episode - the make-up artist negotiates a raise using a voodoo doll, a Nostradamus prediction about the end of the world causes administrative anarchy and an investigation into a legendary cannibalistic monster degenerates into a "Survivor"-like discussion about who among the crew would be voted onto the menu first.
The Sci Fi Channel is looking to slate six episodes of this pilot. I think this is the "development group" Mo was recently working with. Keep checking back here to see when this pilot airs.

EDIT: Correction - Mo collins is NOT going to appear in this movie, rather she just helped come up with the ideas to help write the show. Thank you Scorpiogrrl2003.

Old 01/18/2005, 1:36 AM
I'm watching you.
Staff Alumnus

Post Here's a full article:

London, January 17 2005

Comedy Hot House To Develop Six-Part Series Provisionally Titled “Still In Search Of…”

SANTA MONICA, CA — FremantleMedia, one of the world’s largest international creators and producers of entertainment, drama and reality program brands, has struck a deal to develop
a comedic parody of a classic science fiction series for the SCI FI Channel with the working title
“Still In Search Of…” with a view to a six-part series for 2005. The docu-spoof will be the first production from FremantleMedia North America’s recently established comedy hothouse
The Instant Comedy Project. The unique development group has created, performed and shot a new comedy pilot every week under the direction of FremantleMedia North America CEO Tom Gutteridge and VP of Comedy Development Ed Crasnick.

“The Instant Comedy Project was born out of the desire to accelerate the comedy development process by putting extraordinarily talented writers, producers and performers into a room and trusting that they could produce marketable programs without a lot of outside input or interference,” said Gutteridge. “With a sale so soon into the project, I’d say our instincts were right.”

“Still In Search Of…” offers a strong example of the kind of fresh and innovative alternative programming that SCI FI seeks to complement its strong line-up of fantasy and escapist programming fare,” comments Rob Swartz, VP, Alternative Programming, SCI FI Channel.

The Instant Comedy Project was formed by Emmy® Award-winning writer, actor and stand-up comedian Crasnick, who culled the group from diverse comedy programs. The inaugural members of the group include Tim Scott (“Mystery Science Theater 3000”), Jay Johnston (“Arrested Development”),
Mo Collins (“Mad TV”), Rick Overton (“Joan of Arcadia”), Rose Abdoo (“Gilmore Girls”),
Paul Tarantino (ESPY Awards) and Chris Mancini (The SCI FI Channel). The Instant Comedy Project has also had input from Ash Atalla, producer of the double Golden Globe-winning BBC series “The Office” and now editor of comedy at FremantleMedia's UK subsidiary talkbackTHAMES, producers of such comedy hits as "Da Ali G Show.”

“Having worked as a comedy writer for many years, I know the frustration of watching a good idea become watered down through the development process,” said Crasnick. “By letting the group brainstorm, develop and produce on the spot, we preserve artistic integrity and let these comic talents do what they do best.”

The Instant Comedy Project has already produced six pilots, all of which have been edited in house. FremantleMedia continues to meet with buyers in both the U.S. and overseas and plans to continue The Instant Comedy Project will be finalized soon.

"Still In Search Of..."(working title): The hallmark of supernatural investigative reporting gets a mockumentary makeover in this hilarious half-hour docu-spoof from FremantleMedia North America. Series host Jonathan Frankle goes in search of the paranormal on a shoestring budget but instead finds trouble with his producer and crew. Production chaos and behind-the-scenes dysfunction bleed into each episode — the make-up artist negotiates a raise using a voodoo doll, a Nostradamus prediction about the end of the world causes administrative anarchy and an investigation into a legendary cannibalistic monster degenerates into a Survivor-like discussion about who among the crew would be voted onto the menu first.

/ends…

For further information:
Debra Johnson, FremantleMedia
Tel. + 44 (0) 20 7691 6835 /
debra.johnson@fremantlemedia.com

http://www.fremantlemedia.com/page.asp?partid=294

Old 01/18/2005, 3:24 PM
I'm back, bitchesss!

If I'm reading this right this means Mo might have a new show comming out on Sci Fi. Is this information correct? I hope so. It's good to see her do other things because she's good at what she does and that's why alot of people like her so much plus she's not that bad looking.

Member of Club Juno the most kickass character of The Descent
Old 01/19/2005, 12:20 AM
I'm watching you.
Staff Alumnus

Quote:
Originally posted by potora
If I'm reading this right this means Mo might have a new show comming out on Sci Fi. Is this information correct?
That would be correct.

Old 01/19/2005, 9:57 AM
Totally F****able

Once again I am completely clueless about something Mo related.

Old 01/20/2005, 12:27 PM
Totally F****able

Quote:
Originally posted by Scorpiogrrl2003
Once again I am completely clueless about something Mo related.

Then again I talked to Mo..........turns out SHE has no idea what the hell this is all about either.

Old 01/20/2005, 3:28 PM
Totally F****able

Well it turns out after I showed her the article Mo had some idea of what was going on and this is what she had to say about it.

"So here is what I can tell ya: Instant Comedy Project basically turned me into a surrogate mom. I helped birth the ideas, but then they are sold and it doesn't mean I get to help raise them!
I'm curious where the info about me co-starring came from."

What it means is that Mo helped come up with the idea for the Sci Fi show BUT she WILL NOT actually be in the show itself. What she did was help come up with the idea which was then sold to someone else, and that person then gets to actually bring it to life on tv.

Old 01/21/2005, 3:55 AM
I'm watching you.
Staff Alumnus

Thank you Scorp, I added an update.

Old 01/21/2005, 9:59 AM
Totally F****able

its ok, we at least can always say that something that Mo helped create made it to television......

Old 01/21/2005, 10:18 AM
Only Passing Through

Default Re: Mo Collins is Part of "Instant Comedy Project"

Quote:
Originally posted by MysterE
"Still In Search Of..." (working title), is a comedic parody or docu-spoof co-starring Mo Collins and created by reality powerhouse FremantleMedia. Here's a synopsis of the show according to thefutoncritic.com:
Series host Jonathan Frankle goes in search of the paranormal on a shoestring budget, but instead finds trouble with his producer and crew. Production chaos and behind-the-scenes dysfunction bleed into each episode - the make-up artist negotiates a raise using a voodoo doll, a Nostradamus prediction about the end of the world causes administrative anarchy and an investigation into a legendary cannibalistic monster degenerates into a "Survivor"-like discussion about who among the crew would be voted onto the menu first.
The Sci Fi Channel is looking to slate six episodes of this pilot. I think this is the "development group" Mo was recently working with. Keep checking back here to see when this pilot airs.

EDIT: Correction - Mo collins is NOT going to appear in this movie, rather she just helped come up with the ideas to help write the show. Thank you Scorpiogrrl2003.
Hold the phone... does article mean Johnathan FRAKES? The dude from Beyond Belief? Just curious...