Go Back   Planet MADtv > Sketch Comedy > General Discussion
Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03/24/2004, 10:53 AM
Communication Breakdown

Location: The Lobster State or some may call it Vacation Land
Default Madtv takes a shot at a SNL cast member

Quote:
On MadTV last night, they had a fake commeercial for Nitrous Oxide. Their slogan was "Nitrous Oxide: Keeping Horatio Sanz laughing at his own jokes for three years."
I got this message from the SNL board that I post on. I didn't watch MadTv last Saturday so can anybody tell me more about this sketch?

"Saddam Hussein was a threat. He was a threat because he had used weapons of mass destruction on his own people. He was a threat because he coddled terrorists. He was a threat because he funded suiciders. He was a threat to the region. He was a threat to the United States" --- Dubya

"And it's a different kind of war than we're used to. I explained part of the difference is the fact that the battlefield is now here at home. It's also a war where the enemy doesn't show up with airplanes that they own, or tanks or ships. These are suiciders" --- Dubya

Old 03/24/2004, 11:13 AM
Totally F****able

It wasn't a sketch so much as it was one of those "the second half of Madtv is bought to you by" fake commercial break deals in between sketches.

And it has all of these fake and weird products...........and the last one was about the nitrous oxide.............

BTW this isnt the first time Mad has taken a swipe at either SNL or it's castmembers.

Old 03/24/2004, 2:00 PM
Right-wing rocker

I loved that. Horatio Sanz is horrible and all he does is laugh at his own jokes.

Chris - Hey mama! ; )
Old 03/24/2004, 2:02 PM
WHERE'S MY BROTHER?!

I so agree Bryansgirl. His Rosie impression looks sooo bad. He looks like a guy trying to be a girl. Yet so does Rosie O'Donnel.

Cake. It comes in flavors like chocolate and regular.
Cake. DON'T FORGET THE FROSTING.
Cake. Share it with a friend.
[/color]

Old 03/24/2004, 2:06 PM
Right-wing rocker

lmao! I don't even know how Jimmy Fallon and Horatio can keep cracking up over and over during their scenes - the jokes aren't funny!

Chris - Hey mama! ; )
Old 03/24/2004, 2:48 PM
Resident Movie Snob <3

Quote:
Nitrous Oxide: Keeping Horatio Sanz laughing at his own jokes for three years.
That was funny. I really don't think he's funny.

-------------------------------
"Tacocat is spelled the same backwards and fowards!"
Shawn 2/6/87 - 12/5/04

-------------------------------
Old 03/24/2004, 3:26 PM
Hardcore Fan

why don't we kidnapped Josh Meyers' brother and force him to do skits for MADtv. That would give the series some popularity.
Old 03/24/2004, 3:33 PM
Totally F****able

Yeah but at the same time it could get a little boring, having them both on the same show instead of competing shows.

Old 03/24/2004, 3:43 PM
don't eat another nut...
Staff Alumnus

Plus josh is alot funnier than Seth

"EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!" ~ Raven

I Swear To God I'm Not Insane!

"The world needs humour like it needs love" ~ Debra Wilson

P.F.F ~ Puddin' Fans Forever!
Old 03/24/2004, 3:45 PM
Totally F****able

Ive actually never seen Seth do anything so I can't give a good review of both of them.

Old 03/24/2004, 4:28 PM
Communication Breakdown

I'm not a fan of any of the new SNL lineup. I'm a fan of the late 80's early 90's lineup with Dana Carvey and Phil Hartman.

"Saddam Hussein was a threat. He was a threat because he had used weapons of mass destruction on his own people. He was a threat because he coddled terrorists. He was a threat because he funded suiciders. He was a threat to the region. He was a threat to the United States" --- Dubya

"And it's a different kind of war than we're used to. I explained part of the difference is the fact that the battlefield is now here at home. It's also a war where the enemy doesn't show up with airplanes that they own, or tanks or ships. These are suiciders" --- Dubya
Old 03/24/2004, 4:32 PM
Misson Accomplished

Quote:
Originally posted by cartman2002
why don't we kidnapped Josh Meyers' brother and force him to do skits for MADtv. That would give the series some popularity.

where the hell did that come from

Old 03/24/2004, 4:57 PM
Hardcore Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by ef_7
Plus josh is alot funnier than Seth
Yeah right! Seth is SOOO much funnier than Josh. Josh never laughs at himself, he's always so serious, and the only thing he ever does as far as sketches are concerned is make out/beat up Ike. His impressions are better than Seth's, but Seth does alot more work on his own (Ie, My High School Reunion) Josh is almost never doing something on his own. It's like he and Ike have to hold hands to do practically anything. Seth doesn't really act as much as Josh, but he's got more personality than Josh. Even in scenes where Josh is with other people, sometimes I feel like I'm watching a living piece of cardboard.
Old 03/24/2004, 5:19 PM
Communication Breakdown

Quote:
Originally posted by Scorpiogrrl2003
BTW this isnt the first time Mad has taken a swipe at either SNL or it's castmembers.
When were the other times?

Old 03/24/2004, 6:07 PM
Totally F****able

Quote:
Originally posted by Jet

When were the other times?

A few years ago, I believe in season 6 or 7, there was this sketch that had President Bush in the Oval office and he was writing this list of some sort, and he made a swipe at Chris Kattan.

In the D list celebrity thanksgiving sketch, I believe that Mo as Mary Hart made a swipe at Chris Kattan

And in the christmas ep from season 8, at the end of the episode in the sketch where stephnie plays this girl that sees santa so santa has to kill her, well during the credits, that sketch played and after stephnie left or got knocked out or something, it was just Michael as Santa and he sprinkled this magic dust while saying "and now I'd like for you all to forget about a little show called SNL"

Old 03/24/2004, 6:21 PM
WHERE'S MY BROTHER?!

Ms. Swan on the 200th episode... but that wasnt really makeing fun of it.

I think the Myers brothers are both funny. Josh is funny, and seth too. Seth laughs at himslef, which is funny, but Isnt professional.

Cake. It comes in flavors like chocolate and regular.
Cake. DON'T FORGET THE FROSTING.
Cake. Share it with a friend.
[/color]

Old 03/24/2004, 8:40 PM
Misson Accomplished

in defense of seth mo laughs a lot i dont wanna make any fight or anything cause i love mo but im just sayin

Old 03/24/2004, 10:03 PM
Totally F****able

I think whawt he was trying to say was that its perfectly acceptable if a castmember laughs at themselves or makes a mistake or a blooper during sketches, but to do it a HUGE amount of the time is just really unprofessional.

Mo does it, but not enough to make it unprofessional

Old 03/24/2004, 11:04 PM
Misson Accomplished

But Saturday Night Live is ...ya know live and Mad TV isn't and they could do they're skits over and over again so you don't really know how many times she laughs

Old 03/24/2004, 11:13 PM
Right-wing rocker

Quote:
Originally posted by madCC
But Saturday Night Live is ...ya know live and Mad TV isn't and they could do they're skits over and over again so you don't really know how many times she laughs
Except that with the MADtv cast members, it is actually understandable that they'd laugh...since MAD is actually funny. SNL cast members have no reason to laugh. I bet the whole thing is just publicity. They are trying to MAKE people laugh at their "jokes."

Chris - Hey mama! ; )