Go Back   Planet MADtv > Sketch Comedy > Front Page News
Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03/22/2004, 12:31 PM
Staff Alumnus
Staff Alumnus

Default Bryan Callen meets Ms. "Chicken of the Sea" Jessica Simpson

Yes, that's right. Our favorite Pool Boy has signed on to co-star in Jessica Simpson's new ABC sitcom pilot. The untitled project centers around a TV morning program ensemble and features Ms. Simpson as an on-air reporter. I am assuming that Bryan Callen is also one of the major reporters, because he is one of three names listed as the stars of the sitcom (Jessica, Bryan and Gregory Harrison, who starred as Billy Flynn in the national tour of the hit musical Chicago).

There is not much information as of yet, but if you are interested in reading a few articles on this upcoming sitcom, check out Reuters or Zap2it. Wow, as much as I don't like Jessica Simpson, this could be a really big deal for Bryan.

Oops, didn't even see this had already been mentioned until after I posted. Thanks Bryansgirl for spotting this.

"If you want to be a better actor - a better lawyer, doctor, teacher - anything - be a better human being." ~ Debra Wilson

Old 03/22/2004, 1:18 PM
Yes, they're real.
Staff Alumnus

I'm happy for Bryan. But c'mon, Jessica Simpson acting? She's a clueless blonde. If Jessica's sitcom gets picked over Nicole's, I'm throwing in the towel.

Old 03/22/2004, 1:24 PM
Fresh Meat

This is true. I mean, Jessica Simpson had better be getting coached or something because her SNL appearance was very non-impressive. I mean, I'm sure she's getting acting lessons. She'd better...for Bryan's sake. I want to see him on TV again. And again, and again.
Old 03/22/2004, 3:43 PM
Hardcore Fan

Finally, A television series that Bryan have more acting talent then the leading performer. I hope he does well on it if it's picked up.
Old 03/22/2004, 3:44 PM
don't eat another nut...
Staff Alumnus

Guys come on! Network execs pick ratings over talent any day! Every network was after Jessica, and ABC got her, they're not gonna let her go! There is no doubt that this will get picked up. After that, I'm not sure how long it will stay on, depending on ratings

"EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!" ~ Raven

I Swear To God I'm Not Insane!

"The world needs humour like it needs love" ~ Debra Wilson

P.F.F ~ Puddin' Fans Forever!
Old 03/22/2004, 10:39 PM
Right-wing rocker

Where the hell did the original thread go? We were just bashing him for doing this sh*t. lol

Seriously though...he needs to get out of this quick. He's already doing that Seventh Heaven crap (which is so sugary sweet it induces vomiting) and now this? Good job Pool Boy, good job.

Chris - Hey mama! ; )
Old 03/22/2004, 10:40 PM
Right-wing rocker

Quote:
Originally posted by HiVolt
I'm happy for Bryan. But c'mon, Jessica Simpson acting? She's a clueless blonde. If Jessica's sitcom gets picked over Nicole's, I'm throwing in the towel.
I know, doesn't that make you want to scream? >=(

Chris - Hey mama! ; )
Old 03/22/2004, 11:58 PM
Totally F****able

Quote:
Originally posted by HiVolt
Better quit now while your ahead.

Mrs. Jessica"What color is the sky"Simpson will get picked over Nicole "I actually have talent" Sullivan
anyday...............

Old 03/23/2004, 6:04 AM
Staff Alumnus
Staff Alumnus

...I don't understand America's obsession with Jessica Simpson. Okay, it is mildly amusing that she's half retarded, but come on. She has one of the top albums in the country now and one of the top rated shows on MTV. Why? She has absolutely no talent and all of her music is about her being so damn happy that she's married. Her first music video from that album was Jessica and her husband half naked practically f*cking onscreen...keep that in your bedroom! If I wanted to watch some dumb blonde b*tch, I think that Anna Nicole was much funnier.

Nicole Sullivan's show had better get picked over Jessica Simpson's, but America loves her right now so it is doubtful.

"If you want to be a better actor - a better lawyer, doctor, teacher - anything - be a better human being." ~ Debra Wilson
Old 03/23/2004, 11:11 PM
Right-wing rocker

Jessica can be really annoying but I must admit I have a soft spot for her because of her assh*le husband. The way he treats her is inexcusable. She needs to give him a good swift kick in the balls. Poor Jessica. =( She may be dumb but at least she's nice.

I'm more pissed off about Bryan. What a dumbass! I think he should just quit now. He's obviously not getting anything good anymore. Seventh Heaven and Jessica's Show... *sigh*

Chris - Hey mama! ; )
Old 03/24/2004, 12:05 AM
Right-wing rocker

The title of the show is "Working Girl."

Chris - Hey mama! ; )
Old 03/24/2004, 12:46 AM
Yes, they're real.
Staff Alumnus

Quote:
Originally posted by Bryansgirl
The title of the show is "Working Girl."
Oh geez. She probably hasnt done a day of hard work in her life. Pampered all her life I bet.

Old 03/24/2004, 1:34 AM
Totally F****able

LOL...........I bet the plot is all about that too.............probably about how some rich girl ends up flat broke and having to get a real job and ends up firing her housekeeping staff so she's gotta do everything herself like cooking and cleaning.............LOL

Just a theory though.

Old 03/24/2004, 2:13 AM
Darth Tater
Staff Alumnus

Quote:
Originally posted by Bryansgirl
I'm more pissed off about Bryan. What a dumbass! I think he should just quit now. He's obviously not getting anything good anymore. Seventh Heaven and Jessica's Show... *sigh*
That's kinda harsh if you ask me. I'm pretty sure that this show will make it past the premiere (which is better than all of the pilot shows Nicole S has been involved in so far) and it is prominent in peoples minds, so I'm pretty sure it will be succesful for a while (at least until people get sick of her schtick). If Jessica is a terrible actress, at least it will showcase Bryans talent and put him into the media spotlight. I'm sure he's grateful for any work he can get, anyway (I've heard it's not that easy to get work in Hollywood).

Old 03/24/2004, 9:34 AM
Right-wing rocker

Quote:
Originally posted by Jim_Cockhurtz
That's kinda harsh if you ask me. I'm pretty sure that this show will make it past the premiere (which is better than all of the pilot shows Nicole S has been involved in so far) and it is prominent in peoples minds, so I'm pretty sure it will be succesful for a while (at least until people get sick of her schtick). If Jessica is a terrible actress, at least it will showcase Bryans talent and put him into the media spotlight. I'm sure he's grateful for any work he can get, anyway (I've heard it's not that easy to get work in Hollywood).
I don't mean to be harsh. It's just my personality to be straight up honest. I mean, really. Seventh Heaven and Working Girl. That's not good entertainment. I know he has to keep working but Jesus Christ, pick something actually entertaining. Something offensive and/or violent. It IS hard to get work in Hollywood, but usually actors want parts that are good, even if they are struggling. The things he's been doing lately are not good.

Chris - Hey mama! ; )
Old 03/24/2004, 9:35 AM
Right-wing rocker

P.S. Jim, please don't think I'm getting mad at you. I like you and don't want to start another fight. =)

Chris - Hey mama! ; )
Old 03/24/2004, 3:31 PM
Hardcore Fan

Was there a movie back in the late 1980's called Working Girl starrng Melanie Griffith and wasn't there a tv spinoff soon after.
Old 03/24/2004, 3:34 PM
Totally F****able

Quote:
Originally posted by cartman2002
Was there a movie back in the late 1980's called Working Girl starrng Melanie Griffith and wasn't there a tv spinoff soon after.

I dunno about the tv spinoff but I do know that there was a movie called "Working Girl"

Old 03/24/2004, 8:24 PM
Staff Alumnus
Staff Alumnus

It's REALLY hard right now for Hollywood actors to find work. Bryan hasn't had a regular TV gig for quite some time now, so I'm sure he's grateful for all that he can get, especially co-starring with someone whom the media is so obsessed with. If this show does well, it will really boost his career. Can you blame him for not turning down such a great opportunity?

Old 03/24/2004, 8:37 PM
Darth Tater
Staff Alumnus

That's what I was trying to say, I guess it came off wrong- I just don't think Bryan has the career background to be able to pick and choose roles to suit himself. He's basically an unknown who has been given a really good opportunity to be thrust into the media spotlight. If he just turned it down, who knows how long he might have ti wait for another opportunity like this to come along.