Go Back   Planet MADtv > Our Database > MADtv Repository > MADtv Episode Guide > Season 14 (2008-2009)
Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Notices

View Poll Results: What was your Favourite Sketch of 1412?
The Situation Room: Spring Break '09 #1-2 1 8.33%
Eddie Thundercloud: Native Spring Break 0 0%
eHarmony #1-3 0 0%
Para-Lym #1-2 8 66.67%
ZAT Bros #1-2 2 16.67%
Stripper Intros #1-3 0 0%
Tank: Panama City Spring Break #1-2 0 0%
Nancy Grace: Mourning Zoo #1-2 1 8.33%
Celebrity Family Feud: The Lost Episode 0 0%
Nicole Closes 0 0%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03/15/2009, 8:18 PM
Hardcore Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlestar26 View Post
Can anyone tell me the name of that guy that sang the g-spot song on the show that aired on march 14th 2009 is? He was a white guy that played the piano and did a kinda rap/talk/sing. I want to find that song cause it was super funny. Thanks for any help.
Abby
bo burnham was on talkshow with spike feresten last night..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYDna84JGFs

that'll be a dollar

Old 03/15/2009, 10:25 PM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

Is that even MADtv? Why would someone come on here to ask about Spike. We are MADtv, not Spike

Rise from the Dead!

Planet MADtv (August 28th 2002- August 28th 2009, August 28th 2010)
Old 03/16/2009, 12:17 AM
Totally F****able

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvmanismadformad View Post
Is that even MADtv? Why would someone come on here to ask about Spike. We are MADtv, not Spike
because spike is on after mad and its probably likely that whoever asked that question innocently mistook spike for mad

Old 03/16/2009, 8:20 PM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

I finally got the summaries done. Sorry it took so long guys. It's so hard to watch these when I can only tape them on one television, and that television is in the room my parents pretty much live in. I will do a full review later.

Rise from the Dead!

Old 03/17/2009, 1:10 AM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

Default Review

The Situation Room: Spring Break '09: This was ok. The highlight was Keegan, who totally rocked the house as a drunk doctor.

Eddie Thundercloud: Native Spring Break: This one was really no different from the one in 1408. Well there was a difference. This one was not as funny. It had nothing to it. The highlight however was Nicole. Seeing Nicole on that stage is never bad.

eHarmony #1: I was a little disappointed to be seeing another eHarmony sketch so soon but this one wasn't too bad. The highlight was Hector giving Ms. Vanderhyde a hickey.

Para-Lym #1: This sketch really reminded me of the Handicapped Hostess sketch from 1117. Crista can go leg limp real well. Her hilarious kicking was also funny. The highlight was her trying to go down the stairs, because it reminded me so much of that Handicapped Hostess sketch.

ZAT Bros #1: This sketch was creative, but uncreative if that makes any sense. Still a good sketch. The highlight was there reaction to Johnny's character taking, and keeping pictures of the night.

Para-Lym #2: Unneeded and unnecessary but still a little funny. The highlight was Crista's characters super kick to knock out Lauren's character.

ZAT Bros #2: Unneeded. More unneeded than the other ones.

Stripper Intros #1: Once again Arden plays the stupid sounding drunk girl. The sketch was funny until the end. It really kind of made me feel sad for Nicole. The highlight was Nicole, I don't know why people are more in love with Crista than Nicole, because I think Nicole is so much hotter, and better. because once again she is super hot, and even if a sketch is bad, her attractiveness can lead me to a soft feeling, in which looking at her beautiful self can counteract it. Even just a little bit. OmG that comment sounded so nice, but it also sounded so girly. And the knock on Crista will surely go unnoticed. Whatever, I don't care. I said it. It's out there is cyber space, and I don't regret a word.

Stripper Intros #2: This one was kind of funny. Not that different from the other one though. And Eric was right. They do kind of have the same nose. The highlight was Keegan coming in in the astronaut suit with a message of "Houston, we have a boner".

Tank: Panama City Spring Break #1: I was actually glad to see Tank again. I don't know why people don't like him. I think he's Bobby's only character that he plays that isn't an Asian character, he's just a character that is played by an Asian. This sketch however was not my favourite Tank. I like Tank when he's in the studio. I don't understand how a lot of you think this is the best Tank. How is this better than the sketch where he was outside the SteelDoor, or the Playboy Mansion, or the arcade? Those were much better. Even though it sounds like I hate this sketch, quite the contrary. I thought it was pretty good, and even though it was remote, it was much better than the remote in 1221. It was better because it was more true to stage Tank. The highlight was smooth Kennith. "I was dead without you in my life", what a great line! I got to remember to use that!

Stripper Intros #3: Though I felt the concept was getting stale by this point it still wasn't half bad. The highlight was the exploding house, because it is my favourite MADtv recurring image.

eHarmony #2: This one was unbelievable! I couldn't believe how Erica looked! That lip ring freaked me out! I wish they didn't add the Jonas Brothers thing though. It's a little unoriginal. This sketch gets 4 1/2 stars on Erica alone. Her best sketch to date.

Nancy Grace: Mourning Zoo #1: OmG I am soo happy that they gave a Nancy Grace sketch to Nicole before it was too late! I know she had one before, but it was like 5 seconds long. The sketch however was not well designed. Nancy doesn't cover this kind of stuff. She covers a father beating a child, or a husband beating his wife, or some other incident where the man is always the problem even if something happens like the woman made it up. The highlight for me was the beautiful design of the logos for this, Nicole's wonderful Nancy Grace, and the use of Jim Wise for the first time since episode 1108.

Nancy Grace: Mourning Zoo #2: Definitely unneeded.

Celebrity Family Feud: The Lost Episode: A little too short, and was really one of the few sketches that should have been longer or parted. Why was Matt not playing Nick Jonas? Did they film this one before they gave him the role? Even if they did, it still doesn't make sense not to include him, and use an extra instead. Also, is Crista's Miley getting a little passe? I mean, first they weren't giving her the impression enough, now it's too much. There were still a lot of good things about this one. The highlights of this sketch was Keegan's Al Roker, and the fact that they were able to use every one of the Kardashians.

Tank: Panama City Spring Break #2: Though this seems unneeded it is kind of needed. With Tank finally getting his first time, this kind of puts an end to the character. Think about it. With Tank having sex with Candy, eliminating his virginity, and Kennith saying he can no longer help him in the previous sketch, that is really the end of the sketch. It's nice to see a character like Tank get a decent closing.

eHarmony #3: This one was the weakest of the 3. And I am getting so tired of hearing about the first black president thing. He's been there for almost 2 months. Cut the umbilical cord. The highlight was the fact that even though they are cousins, they look soo much oddly alike.

MADtv Outtakes: The Situation Room: Spring Break '09: Not as funny as other outtakes.

Nicole Parker Closes: Why was Lauren not in another closing. Is anyone else getting the feeling that Lauren is getting so under appreciated on the show. I mean this was the first episode where I feel she has given a good impression on the audience this season. Also, her intro video that had her talking about her first few days on MADtv is the only video that has not been put on the MADtv website. I don't know why she is not in most of the closings.

Out of 95 stars, this episode got a 58. That's a C rating. A much better episode than the last 2, and the one episode I actually enjoyed watching since episode 1405. I can see the building MADtv is getting to, and it is much appreciated. I just wish that they didn't have to build in the first place.

Rise from the Dead!

Last edited by tvmanismadformad; 03/17/2009 at 2:25 AM.
Old 03/17/2009, 10:25 AM
Casual Fan

It's a knock I can understand because I use to feel the same way. But the more I watched Crista the more I saw something so very genuine about her. That's what attracts me to her. Course Nicole..........very hot and just and talented. I hope that gives you some insight.

P.S. NEVER KNOCK CRISTA EVER AGAIN!!!!!.........Unless you want to see a black man cry. I'll do it.........Maybe
Old 03/17/2009, 10:56 AM
Literally

Nicole's hot and really beautiful, when Crista is more like a cutie. But Crista is funnier.
Old 03/17/2009, 12:00 PM
Casual Fan

Exactly
Old 03/17/2009, 7:52 PM
Hardcore Fan

Quote:
And the knock on Crista will surely go unnoticed.

i'm sure there are a lot of people who think nicole is more attractive than crista

and there are those who think arden is more attractive than nicole and crista (you don't see many around here, though)

and then there are probably even a few who think bobby lee is the most attractive

i think nicole is really awesome, but..

well, here's my comparison of nicole and crista:

funnier: crista
cuter: crista
hotter: crista
sweeter: crista
more wonderful: crista
better singer: ..i'm skipping this one
Old 03/17/2009, 8:14 PM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by StopThatTicking View Post
there are those who think arden is more attractive than nicole and crista (you don't see many around here, though)
To me she is more hot than Crista, but no where near as hot as Nicole. Talent wise though is different. The talent Crista and Nicole have could fill the Louve in France, while Arden's talent couldn't fill the cerial box that she can't act her way out of.

Quote:
i think nicole is really awesome, but..

well, here's my comparison of nicole and crista:

funnier: crista
cuter: crista
hotter: crista
sweeter: crista
more wonderful: crista
better singer: ..i'm skipping this one
Here is my comparison.

Funnier: Nicole
Cuter: Crista
Hotter: Nicole
Sweeter: Crista
More Wonderful: Nicole
Better Singer: Nicole (by 100%)

Here's my percentage of Arden's talent.

Funny: Non-Existant
Cuteness: Non-Existant
Hottness: More than Crista, but not even close to Nicole.
Sweetness: Non-Existant
Wonderfulness: Non-Existant
Singing Talent: No tune could possably come out of that squeak box she calls a voice.

I really hope Arden doesn't read these or is having someone read these for her. She probably doesn't because if she did I would have expected a hate letter by now. To quote Erica's Raven Symone "I flat out do not like her".

Rise from the Dead!

Old 03/17/2009, 11:44 PM
Casual Fan

How the hell do you think that Arden is hotter than Crista?!? I'm not even speaking as a Crista fan but just a guy. I.......I mean........COME ON!!!
Old 03/17/2009, 11:58 PM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

Look chris, I can't fake the facts made by nature. Arden is physically hotter. Look at the other side of it. She is just proving that blond girls can't be funny.

Rise from the Dead!

Old 03/18/2009, 10:39 AM
dfsvrg

This episode sucked. It just did. The only thing I chuckled at was the stripper thing. And the restless leg thing.

Old 03/18/2009, 2:30 PM
Staff Alumnus
Staff Alumnus

Quote:
Look chris, I can't fake the facts made by nature. Arden is physically hotter. Look at the other side of it. She is just proving that blond girls can't be funny.
Amy Poehler, anyone?
Old 03/18/2009, 2:38 PM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

Meh.

Rise from the Dead!

Old 03/18/2009, 3:19 PM
Literally

I like Anna Faris, but I don't think if that counts because she isn't originally blond. Lisa Kudrow is funny too. Oh, and Sarah Chalke of course.
Old 03/18/2009, 4:00 PM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMal View Post
Oh, and Sarah Chalke of course.
Alright you've convinced me. I love Sarah on Scrubs!

Rise from the Dead!

Old 03/19/2009, 8:14 PM
Hardcore Fan

Um... did you just "Meh" Amy Poehler?
Old 03/19/2009, 9:08 PM
Staff Alumnus
Staff Alumnus

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamfishercox View Post
He did. I couldn't believe it either.
Old 03/19/2009, 9:34 PM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamfishercox View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick View Post
He did. I couldn't believe it either.
Yeah I did. What cha gonna do about it?!

Rise from the Dead!