Go Back   Planet MADtv > Our Database > MADtv Repository > MADtv Episode Guide > Season 14 (2008-2009)
Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Notices

View Poll Results: What was your Favourite Sketch of 1412?
The Situation Room: Spring Break '09 #1-2 1 8.33%
Eddie Thundercloud: Native Spring Break 0 0%
eHarmony #1-3 0 0%
Para-Lym #1-2 8 66.67%
ZAT Bros #1-2 2 16.67%
Stripper Intros #1-3 0 0%
Tank: Panama City Spring Break #1-2 0 0%
Nancy Grace: Mourning Zoo #1-2 1 8.33%
Celebrity Family Feud: The Lost Episode 0 0%
Nicole Closes 0 0%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03/11/2009, 4:39 PM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

Here is a preview picture from the MADtv website.

Rise from the Dead!

Planet MADtv (August 28th 2002- August 28th 2009, August 28th 2010)

Last edited by tvmanismadformad; 10/05/2009 at 12:00 AM.

Old 03/13/2009, 4:32 PM
Hardcore Fan

there's a minute and a half preview of the family feud sketch at madtv.com..

http://www.madtv.com/videos/1412/index.html
Old 03/13/2009, 4:36 PM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

I didn't think they were putting the videos on anymore since they can't seem to update the front image. They tricked me this whole time! This must have been how that person on youtube got the outtakes from episode #1411. He/she must have had a program that could copy videos, and just sent it in.

Did anyone notice that Skoti Collins, a regular MADtv extra was playing Kevin Jonas and not Eric? What happened there?

Rise from the Dead!

Old 03/14/2009, 12:02 PM
Casual Fan

they did the same thing with the purity ring skit.
Old 03/14/2009, 2:34 PM
Obsessed!

lol good preview...I look forward to the sketch!

- "He looka lika man." - Bunny Swan
-"This has been Cabana Chat, and this AHH AHH AHHHHHH is Dixie Wetsworth!" -Dixie Wetsworth, Cabana Chat
-"Tcha...ya know what? Huh-uh!" - The Vancome Lady
-"You're so sexy!" - 2-Litre Beth
-"Look how little my gloves are!" - Dot Goddard
-"Sit your ass on down for a big ol' slice of truth, and a side of wisdom" - Tovah McQueen
-"Look what I can do!" ~ Stuart
Old 03/14/2009, 10:06 PM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

This episode was... Ok. Nothing I can really complain about. I noticed in the end credits said that it was written by a lot of writers, but the one I really noticed was Steven Cragg was credited in it.

I think this may have been Nicole's last episode. I say this because I remember Zesty saying something that Nicole filmed sketches up to Spring Break. It also makes sense because this would have been Nicole's 11th episode this season. With 22 episodes this season, that is halfway which would make sense.

Rise from the Dead!

Old 03/14/2009, 10:12 PM
Hardcore Fan

i thought the sketch with the 5 guys in the car was one of the best sketches this season. and crista's restless legs were just ridiculous but i loved it

didn't care much for most of everything else, but some of it might have been alright. i'll do a full review later
Old 03/14/2009, 10:29 PM
MADtv Fan Since 1995 EST.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvmanismadformad View Post
This episode was... Ok. Nothing I can really complain about. I noticed in the end credits said that it was written by a lot of writers, but the one I really noticed was Steven Cragg was credited in it.

I think this may have been Nicole's last episode. I say this because I remember Zesty saying something that Nicole filmed sketches up to Spring Break. It also makes sense because this would have been Nicole's 11th episode this season. With 22 episodes this season, that is halfway which would make sense.
But tvmanismadformad Nicole sketches are pre taped and mixed around though, so she could be in the whole season.
Old 03/14/2009, 10:43 PM
Hardcore Fan

I only saw the first half, but I was nicely surprised by this episode. Will probably do a full review soon.
Old 03/15/2009, 1:27 AM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

Poll posted. Sorry it took so long but I enjoyed this episode so much that I forgot to record the names of the sketches down. It may take me a little while to get the summaries in because I plan to do some serious St. Patricks Day partying tomorrow (the parade is tomorrow in my town), but I assure all of you it will be in by Monday.

Rise from the Dead!

Old 03/15/2009, 6:19 AM
Literally

Now that was a good episode, one of the best in this season.

The Situation Room: Spring Break '09
I think this was the best sketch of the night. Everything in it was just really good. But I don't understand why they got Tila to guest star, when she was in like for 30 seconds or something.

Eddie Thundercloud: Native Spring Break
I still don't like Thundercloud. Nicole looked good.

eHarmony
These are getting a little old by now, but the one with Erica and Eric was great.

Para-Lym
Really good, Crista's best performance this season. The second part was pointless, but I did laugh a little to that, too.

Zet Bros
Started good, but it was too repetitive. Second part was, again, pointless.

Stripper Intros
These were great. Especially the second one, when Eric tried to talk to Crista but Keegan was stripping. "Houston, we have a boner."

Tank: Panama City Spring Break
I liked how they took the Situation Room -sketch and turned it into Tank-sketch. This was the best Tank we have ever seen. I just wish Tila would have appeared in this.

Nancy Grace: Mourning Zoo
Nicole had few good lines, but overall this was kind of boring.

Celebrity Family Feud: The Lost Episode
Worst one of the night. It was too short, the Kardashians didn't have enough screentime and jokes didn't work.

Nicole Closes
Basic closing, no rating
Old 03/15/2009, 9:41 AM
n4yr

Well this episode was actually good, way better than teh last two. Here's my quick review

The Situation Room: Spring Break '09: This was pretty funny. Eric did a good job as Wolf Blitzer. I liked how nobody respected that correspondant Lauren played. Tila Tequila was kinda pointless though. A-

Eddie Thundercloud: Native Spring Break: Still don't like this character, never will. Pretty much the same as all the other Thundercloud's. However, it's always nice to see Nicole again D

eHarmony #1-3: Kinda the same as the other ones. Lauren and Johhny's was the best one. Eric and Erica's alos kinds funny. ANd I really don't remember the otehr one. B

Para-Lym #1-2: Best sketch of the night. Crista's kicking was amazing A-

Zet Bros #1-2: This concept has been done before but they were able to pull this one off. B

Stripper Intros #1-3: This was okay. That's all I have to say. C

Tank: Panama City Spring Break #1-2: I've never liked Tank but this one was tolerable. I liked how they got Lauren's Candy Crowley to appear in this. Crista and Arden's roles were kinda pointless. erica was pretty good. B-

Nancy Grace: Mourning Zoo #1-2: Yeahh not really that funny. But Nicole's Nancy Grace impression was really good as always C-

Celebrity Family Feud: The Lost Episode: Too short and the Kardashians didn't do anything. Keegan's Al Roker was good. C-

Outtakes/ Nicole closes: No rating

All in all: Like I said before better than the last few but still not on par with the series as a whole. I give this a B-

Old 03/15/2009, 11:17 AM
Hardcore Fan

The Situation Room: Spring Break '09
nice job doing wolf blitzer, eric, but eh, i didn't think anything in this was funny

Eddie Thundercloud: Native Spring Break
i like eddie thundercloud, but this one was pretty weak. i think eddie actually had some good points. a half star for that, plus a full star for him liking the girls in the spring break videos

eHarmony #1-3
these were awful compared to the ones in episode 2. this star is for eric and erica who brought us some amusement here

Para-Lym #1-2
hehehe. 4 stars are definitely not enough to express how much i love crista's kicking and crawling and enthusiasm, but i'm trying to be objective. this sketch was just darn funny

Zet Bros #1-2
the lines and facial reactions in this were just awkward and hilarious throughout. i loved it

Stripper Intros #1-3
this just made me feel bad for nicole's character and eric's character. i don't think that's what they were going for. the misinterpretation of matt at the end was a nice idea, i suppose

Tank: Panama City Spring Break #1-2
i like tank, but didn't care for this one much. i'm giving a half star to be shared by bobby, lauren, erica, arden, and crista, for putting forth a decent effort here, plus a full star for bobby's stunt double doing that backflip off of the daewoo

Nancy Grace: Mourning Zoo #1-2
good nancy grace impression, but awful sketch

Celebrity Family Feud: The Lost Episode
not that bad actually. it had its moments

overall:
i didn't like most of the sketches, but i'm tempted to give this 3 stars just for zet bros and paralym. but i won't
Old 03/15/2009, 3:16 PM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMal View Post
I just wish Tila would have appeared in this.
Tila couldn't have appeared in this because she was not in the same city as Tank. She was in Ft. Lauderdale, and he was in Panama city.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StopThatTicking View Post
plus a full star for bobby's stunt double doing that backflip off of the daewoo
I have a feeling that wasn't Bobby, but I also have a feeling that it was Bobby.

Rise from the Dead!

Old 03/15/2009, 3:20 PM
Literally

Quote:
Tila couldn't have appeared in this because she was not in the same city as Tank. She was in Ft. Lauderdale, and he was in Panama city.
Okay, I didn't notice that. But I still wish Tila would have appeared in it, would have been great to see Tank getting it on with her
Old 03/15/2009, 3:41 PM
Hardcore Fan

Quote:
I have a feeling that wasn't Bobby, but I also have a feeling that it was Bobby.
i have a feeling one of your feelings is incorrect
Old 03/15/2009, 6:24 PM
Fresh Meat

Can anyone tell me the name of that guy that sang the g-spot song on the show that aired on march 14th 2009 is? He was a white guy that played the piano and did a kinda rap/talk/sing. I want to find that song cause it was super funny. Thanks for any help.
Abby
Old 03/15/2009, 6:32 PM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

I don't recall that in any part of the episodes. There is a sketch list in the polls so if you think you know the name of the sketch, post it here and I can tell you if that is the one you are looking for.

Rise from the Dead!

Old 03/15/2009, 6:39 PM
MADtv Fan Since 1995 EST.

It wasn't Bobby Lee lol.

The Shot was cut when Lee got on the car thus making the camera operator and director replacing him with a stunt man doing the Backflip on the car into the trash, which could have took allot of takes with the shot.

I Wonder if MADtv uses Final Cut Pro, Avid or Adobe for the editing the shows
Old 03/15/2009, 6:51 PM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

With this episode. Nicole now holds the record for the longest lasting representative from the Boom Chicago! on MADtv, in MADtv history. Congrats girl!

Rise from the Dead!