Go Back   Planet MADtv > Everything Else > Off-topic Discussion
Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 02/13/2004, 3:10 PM
Meg Female Meg is offline
Casual Fan
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Colorado, home of the rocky mountains
Posts: 40
Default Sorry I haven't been talking a lot

I'd like to take the time and tell you all this.

I suffer from a mental illness. Depression, anxiety, ptsd, and ocd to be exact.

I usually post a lot in forums I just join, but a lot has been happening in my life. Someone I was a semi-fan of killed himself February 3rd (which just hit me hard since I wish he got the help I did)...my mom has a lump on her breast...and she's been going to the doctor for two months now and it's not a cyst...but it's cancer. She's having surgery next Thursday. With our bad economy it's near impossible to find a job. Just so much crap...and I find my mind can't handle it right now. So I've been finding myself just staying in my room watching MadTV tapes (to make me laugh) and just either writing the stories I write or drawing.

I just don't want any of you to think I was some random newbie who joined for the free sketches or anything. I really like this forum a lot. It's funny, a lot of members are wonderful people and I enjoy being here. This is weird to say but many of you have really boosted up my self-esteem since I don't have much of it, and I thank you for it.

But I do ask for one more favor...to keep my mom and my family in your thoughts and prayers through this crappy time.

Thank you.

(for those who do not know, "ptsd" is post-traumatic stress disorder and "ocd" is obsessive-compulsive disorder)

__________________
And with the clicking, came the ticking, of the page that was no more
Quoth the server, 404


<pihlopase> Jesus Saves
<jbroome> He passes to Moses, SCOOOOORE!
Reply With Quote




  #2  
Old 02/13/2004, 3:57 PM
LookWhatICanDo's Avatar
LookWhatICanDo Male LookWhatICanDo is offline
WHERE'S MY BROTHER?!
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Maryland
Posts: 2,132
Aw, Im sorry meg. Hopefully you get better.

__________________
[color= red]
Cake. it my favorite.
Cake. I wish I had some now.
Cake. It comes in flavors like chocolate and regular.
Cake. DON'T FORGET THE FROSTING.
Cake. Share it with a friend.
[/color]

___________________
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 02/13/2004, 7:13 PM
Knickers's Avatar
Knickers Male Knickers is offline
0ld sk00l
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: SoCal...omg so much drama
Posts: 4,638
My sister suffers from every mental ilness there is- She used to have Anorexia. She doesn't have it anymore, but she still doesn't eat right..

I hope things work out. That sux..

__________________
Morgan & Nik - Nocturnal Twins Forever
TRIPOD: LYZZA ROBBEH :nosmile: NIK
www.myspace.com/nukkasurfer Add me!
My Fanfics
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 02/13/2004, 7:46 PM
MikeMcDonaldGrl's Avatar
MikeMcDonaldGrl Female MikeMcDonaldGrl is offline
It SaYz NiPpLe HoUnD!
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,209
Don't worry Meg, you're not the only one with problems...I've been suffering from panic attacks lately. I haven't gone to school for 4 days. I feel sad and I cry a lot. I have no appetite and I'm losing weight. I went to see the doctor about it and he gave me antidepressants.

Hang in there, Meg. Everything will be okay.

__________________
I love Michael McDonald!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 02/13/2004, 7:49 PM
PitaPockets's Avatar
PitaPockets Female PitaPockets is offline
Resident Movie Snob <3
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: New York
Posts: 2,642
I'm sorry to hear that Meg, hope things get better.

__________________
It's all fun and games until someone gets punched in the throat.
-------------------------------
Morgan & Nik - Nocturnal Twins Forever
-------------------------------
"Tacocat is spelled the same backwards and fowards!"
Shawn 2/6/87 - 12/5/04

-------------------------------
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 02/13/2004, 7:53 PM
Dartanian's Avatar
Dartanian Male Dartanian is offline
Darth Tater
Staff Alumnus
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Auckland
Posts: 4,606
Same here. And it's good to here that Mad TV is one of the things that cheers you up. I know it cheers me up when I'm sick or feeling bad.

__________________
What happened to Andrae?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 02/13/2004, 9:33 PM
Kenny McCormick's Avatar
Kenny McCormick Male Kenny McCormick is offline
Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: south park, colorado
Posts: 143
hi meg. don't worry, a lot of people here have depression. so they are understanding.

__________________
KENNY. my future suicide note reads 'oh my god, i killed kenny. i'm a bastard.'
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 02/14/2004, 11:06 PM
Mad Dog's Avatar
Mad Dog Female Mad Dog is offline
Rufff Rufff!!!
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Halton Hills, Ontario, Ca
Posts: 2,822
I'm so sorry to hear that, Meg! My Dad actually is worried he could get cancer because he has had severe heart burn problems that developed into something much worse. And his mother as well as my Mom's Grandmother had breast cancer in the past (they both lived) so I'm terrified I could get it myself. But the best thing to do is stay positive on everything. Enjoy life while you can!

__________________
I'm actually a really nice girl in real life.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 02/15/2004, 12:25 AM
ef_7's Avatar
ef_7 Male ef_7 is offline
don't eat another nut...
Staff Alumnus
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 6,133
Hope things get alot better soon, Meg. Hurry up and get back to your old self! You're too cool to just leave us!

__________________


"EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!" ~ Raven

I Swear To God I'm Not Insane!

"The world needs humour like it needs love" ~ Debra Wilson

P.F.F ~ Puddin' Fans Forever!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 02/16/2004, 7:39 AM
mista_mo's Avatar
mista_mo Male mista_mo is offline
for the emperor
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: canada
Posts: 1,532
Jesus..I'm so damn sorry for you and your family right now Meg. But things will get better..they always do..

Hang in there and good luck. It's nice to know that members on here boosted your self estem..well us and madtv anyway. Well again good luck.

__________________

I'm back baby

In all my years I have never seen them do that!
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 02/17/2004, 1:33 AM
rockstarjoker Female rockstarjoker is offline
Hardcore Fan
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 737
Meg,
It seems that you're going thru a really tough time right now. I know that Every one else has already said that they're sorry, but one more time won't hurt, right? I hope more than anything that you're situation gets brighter, f*cking fast. You seem like a really nice person, and no matter what is happening at home or in the real world, you can count on everyone here to love you. I can definitely understand how it could be hard to post alot since you're having a hard time in life right now, but when you do feel like posting, I'm sure that everyone here will be eagerly awaiting your thoughts and ideas!
Jassie
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 02/17/2004, 3:12 PM
Meg Female Meg is offline
Casual Fan
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Colorado, home of the rocky mountains
Posts: 40
Quote:
Originally posted by Mad Dog
I'm so sorry to hear that, Meg! My Dad actually is worried he could get cancer because he has had severe heart burn problems that developed into something much worse. And his mother as well as my Mom's Grandmother had breast cancer in the past (they both lived) so I'm terrified I could get it myself. But the best thing to do is stay positive on everything. Enjoy life while you can!
Exactly. I know I'm going to die of cancer (every internet death test said I was and so did an ouija board ) My grandfather on my dad's side had it and so did my grandma from mom's side. Grandpa is stubborn like my dad though and he died at...39 I believe since he didn't go to the doctor. :/ My aunt had it but she's not blood related.
My mom is the most optimistic person I know. When I asked if she had to go through chemo she said, "Probably someday. But I won't care if I lose my hair. My hair is already thin and I can wear those spiffy wigs and have thick hair again..and possibly get a wig without gray in it."

Quote:
Originally posted by mista_mo
Jesus..I'm so damn sorry for you and your family right now Meg. But things will get better..they always do..

Hang in there and good luck. It's nice to know that members on here boosted your self estem..well us and madtv anyway. Well again good luck.
You guys don't know the half of what's wrong with our family. My sister has kidney problems and her only kidney (that she got as a transplant from my dad almost 3 decades ago) is now working about...12%. When my brother was going to donate, 36 hours before the procedure he got kidney stones and couldn't donate anymore.
So now I'm being tested so I can donate.

A little update...her surgery is still this Thursday but we haven't gotten an official time. But now she had 3 lumps on her left breast. :/

__________________
And with the clicking, came the ticking, of the page that was no more
Quoth the server, 404


<pihlopase> Jesus Saves
<jbroome> He passes to Moses, SCOOOOORE!
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 02/17/2004, 3:46 PM
mista_mo's Avatar
mista_mo Male mista_mo is offline
for the emperor
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: canada
Posts: 1,532
Quote:
I know I'm going to die of cancer (every internet death test said I was and so did an ouija board )
I hope you don't beleive that crap..an internet death test I took a couple months ago (before my comp went ape ****) said I was going to die in like 2 weeks but I'm still here aren't I? You shouldn't have a pessimisstec view on things.

__________________

I'm back baby

In all my years I have never seen them do that!
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 02/17/2004, 4:34 PM
Meg Female Meg is offline
Casual Fan
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Colorado, home of the rocky mountains
Posts: 40
Quote:
Originally posted by mista_mo


I hope you don't beleive that crap..an internet death test I took a couple months ago (before my comp went ape ****) said I was going to die in like 2 weeks but I'm still here aren't I? You shouldn't have a pessimisstec view on things.
I was only kidding around. I know the internet death tests are there for entertainment values. I just thought it was amusing they all said I would die of cancer between 2060 and 2070

__________________
And with the clicking, came the ticking, of the page that was no more
Quoth the server, 404


<pihlopase> Jesus Saves
<jbroome> He passes to Moses, SCOOOOORE!
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 02/17/2004, 4:41 PM
mista_mo's Avatar
mista_mo Male mista_mo is offline
for the emperor
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: canada
Posts: 1,532
I too one www.deathclock.com, and it said I am going to die in 2065 or something..

__________________

I'm back baby

In all my years I have never seen them do that!
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 02/17/2004, 6:22 PM
MikeMcDonaldGrl's Avatar
MikeMcDonaldGrl Female MikeMcDonaldGrl is offline
It SaYz NiPpLe HoUnD!
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,209
Quote:
Originally posted by mista_mo
I too one www.deathclock.com, and it said I am going to die in 2065 or something..
You actually believe in that bull sh*t? It's all just for fun

__________________
I love Michael McDonald!
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 02/17/2004, 11:42 PM
Scorpiogrrl4405's Avatar
Scorpiogrrl4405 Female Scorpiogrrl4405 is offline
Totally F****able
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Washington State
Posts: 7,399
Default Re: Sorry I haven't been talking a lot

Quote:
Originally posted by Meg
I'd like to take the time and tell you all this.

I suffer from a mental illness. Depression, anxiety, ptsd, and ocd to be exact.

I usually post a lot in forums I just join, but a lot has been happening in my life. Someone I was a semi-fan of killed himself February 3rd (which just hit me hard since I wish he got the help I did)...my mom has a lump on her breast...and she's been going to the doctor for two months now and it's not a cyst...but it's cancer. She's having surgery next Thursday. With our bad economy it's near impossible to find a job. Just so much crap...and I find my mind can't handle it right now. So I've been finding myself just staying in my room watching MadTV tapes (to make me laugh) and just either writing the stories I write or drawing.

I just don't want any of you to think I was some random newbie who joined for the free sketches or anything. I really like this forum a lot. It's funny, a lot of members are wonderful people and I enjoy being here. This is weird to say but many of you have really boosted up my self-esteem since I don't have much of it, and I thank you for it.

But I do ask for one more favor...to keep my mom and my family in your thoughts and prayers through this crappy time.

Thank you.

(for those who do not know, "ptsd" is post-traumatic stress disorder and "ocd" is obsessive-compulsive disorder)

I was diagnosed earlier in my life with OCD and moderate depression and I was also put on anti depressants so I can sympathize with that part of your current existence. My mother is also battle mestaticized breast cancer so I can also sympathize with you there too. If you ever need someone to talk to I am more than willing. Just pm me here.

__________________
I would rather sit here and accomplish nothing than accomplish something and be considered an inspiration and a role model simply because I use a wheelchair to get around.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 02/18/2004, 7:23 AM
mista_mo's Avatar
mista_mo Male mista_mo is offline
for the emperor
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: canada
Posts: 1,532
I'm sure you could PM anyone who replied here. they wouldn't mind...at least I think so anyway.

Claudine- No I don't believe that stuff, cause it's bulls*it and I don't believe in any internet site which tells me when I'm going to die. If I die it's my own damn choice when I want to go and how, weather it's a car accident or suiceide attempt. No internet site is going to tell me when I die. Hell I could die this year, or 20 years from now..where was I? Umm..oh yea, that site (deathclock) is just bull, as are the internet IQ tests.

__________________

I'm back baby

In all my years I have never seen them do that!
Reply With Quote
Reply





Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump
 

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Haven (2000, USA) Dj_Spirit Movies 2 06/02/2005 1:15 PM
sorry I haven't been around much. madislove Off-topic Discussion 4 05/03/2005 1:29 AM
Talking to G.O.D. Dark Monarch Off-topic Discussion 4 09/26/2004 1:05 PM
What haven't you done? madCC Off-topic Discussion 74 06/09/2004 8:37 PM
Why I haven't been posting lately... Mad Dog Off-topic Discussion 26 02/25/2004 4:31 AM

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 6:59 AM.