Go Back   Planet MADtv > Sketch Comedy > General Discussion
Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Notices

View Poll Results: Who wont make the cut next season?
Paul Vogt 1 5.00%
Ike Barinholtz 6 30.00%
Josh Meyers 2 10.00%
Ron Pederson 5 25.00%
No one you idiot, this poll is stupid 6 30.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04/02/2004, 4:05 PM
26/07/16!!

Default Who will be the next Andrew Daly or Nelson Ascencio?

With all the talk buzzing around the forum about how the four featured players last season who were made regulars this season were under a one season contract (like their previous counterparts - Nelson, Andrew) it now obvious that they are competing for next season spots. Who wont make the cut? Your opinions?

Old 04/02/2004, 4:14 PM
Darth Tater
Staff Alumnus

I voted for Ike, but I don't think even he is as bad as Andrew Daly was.

Old 04/02/2004, 4:18 PM
26/07/16!!

I guessing (if anyone) it will be Ron or Paul because if they get rid of either Ike or Josh they will probably both end up leaving IMO.

Old 04/02/2004, 4:32 PM
Hardcore Fan

I hope they all stay, Paul, Josh and Ron because they're funny (especialy paul) and Ike because he's hot. I realy don't want to think about how sad I would be if any of them left. Paul would invariably bounce back, he's already gotten good roles on other shows, he'd probably find a new show within the next television season. Ron would end up moving back canada and doing the plays that he misses so much. and Josh would end up acting somehow- back at boom or on tv, but Ike isn't as lucky (IMO) I don't think that hhe could bounce back the same way, so he'd probably end up becoming a gigilo (j/.k)
Old 04/02/2004, 4:57 PM
Yes, they're real.
Staff Alumnus

I find they're all cool, but If i had to choose, Ike would be my choice to go.

Old 04/02/2004, 4:59 PM
Communication Breakdown

Location: The Lobster State or some may call it Vacation Land
I voted for Ron Pederson

"Saddam Hussein was a threat. He was a threat because he had used weapons of mass destruction on his own people. He was a threat because he coddled terrorists. He was a threat because he funded suiciders. He was a threat to the region. He was a threat to the United States" --- Dubya

"And it's a different kind of war than we're used to. I explained part of the difference is the fact that the battlefield is now here at home. It's also a war where the enemy doesn't show up with airplanes that they own, or tanks or ships. These are suiciders" --- Dubya
Old 04/02/2004, 5:01 PM
Hawt bytch
Staff Alumnus

i voted that i think the poll is stupid. i actually think that they're all decent, and none as bad as Andrew.

Selena Luna = Best. Castmember. Ever.
Old 04/02/2004, 5:09 PM
26/07/16!!

I think some of you misinterpreted the point of this poll, i posted it for the fact that the four cast members were under a one season contract and it is possible that they may let one of them go next season. The only reason i refered to Nelson and Andrew was because they were featured for 1 season and regulars for 1 season not that i thought that any of this seasons cast are as bad as they were ( in saying that i dont really think Andrew or Nelson were particularly bad, they were just given nothing to do on the show which made them fairly mediocre cast members).

BTW with the possible departure of Michael and with the possibility of Frank not renewing his contract next season, there would be no need for any of these cast members to go any way.

Old 04/02/2004, 5:40 PM
WHERE'S MY BROTHER?!

CRAP. I thought the thread was for who will make the cut and I said josh. If there is any way, someone, please remove that.

If I could revote, Id say Ron.

Cake. It comes in flavors like chocolate and regular.
Cake. DON'T FORGET THE FROSTING.
Cake. Share it with a friend.
[/color]

Old 04/02/2004, 6:01 PM
Darth Tater
Staff Alumnus

Yeah, I think Josh is a shoe in. Of all 4, he's without a doubt my favourite, but Paul is working his way up there also. Ron's great too, and I just don't like alot of the stuff Ike does. He was pretty good in the beginning of season 8, and he does still has his moments, but it kinda feels like he doesn't fit in. I dunno. I think Josh leaving because Ike got let go would be career suicide and I can't see him doing that. Even if Ike didn't get his contract renewed, it's not like there is a "big deal" anyway, if he only had a 1 season contract.

Old 04/02/2004, 6:08 PM
WHERE'S MY BROTHER?!

Yeah Im starting to like Paul alot too. Ive noticed his talent just recently, because he hasnt been in this season as much as the other, and didnt stand out.

Cake. It comes in flavors like chocolate and regular.
Cake. DON'T FORGET THE FROSTING.
Cake. Share it with a friend.
[/color]

Old 04/02/2004, 8:39 PM
Darth Tater
Staff Alumnus

There have been alot of castmembers on the show that haven't lasted more than a season as a regular cast member, like Chris Hogan, Christian Duguay and Lisa Kushell, but they weren't featured players the season before, which I guess is why you only used those 2 examples . Jill Michelle also was a featured player in season 7 and then a regular cast member for only a short part of season 8.

Edit: It's funny, this time last season, everyone was saying how terrible Paul was, and he hasn't even been voted for once as the weakest of the 4 new male cast members. I can see him becoming more and more popular. He's definitely pulling a Stephnie Weir (IMO) but he has a long way to go yet.

Old 04/03/2004, 2:13 AM
Sing: "Fanta! Fanta!"

Quote:
Originally posted by Jim_Cockhurtz
It's funny, this time last season, everyone was saying how terrible Paul was, and he hasn't even been voted for once as the weakest of the 4 new male cast members. I can see him becoming more and more popular.
This makes ME happy! I'm glad. I was starting to feel like an outcast. I think Paul is probably the most secure new guy. Besides his good work ON Mad, he has a LOT of big movies and other credits. This MUST make him more valuable to the show. I'm sure the producers have to be thinking the more popular Paul gets in movies, the more attention MADtv will get. Right? IMO they'd be stupid to let that kind of publicity go.

As for the poll, I think ALL the guys might be back. But if I had to choose one that seems to be a little out of the loop, it would have to be Ron. It's not that I don't like him. I think he's great! It's just that they just don't seem to be using him as much as they were before. And like others have said here. I don't think they will separate Ike and Josh. So, sadly, it seems that Ron might be odd man out.
Old 04/03/2004, 2:20 AM

Oh - and Jim_Cockhurtz - i LOVE LOVE LOVE your Angela and Natalie avatar. I think Natalie might be the best thing that ever happened to Angela. I hope they do more of those "getting hurt on video" sketches. That one cracked me up. I still laugh when I think of Natalie running up to the camera saying "Oh my beautiful face." and saying it's the end of her modeling career. I wish I could rememer it word-for-word because it sure was funny.
Old 04/03/2004, 2:22 AM
Darth Tater
Staff Alumnus

Yeah, Angela is my favourite recurring character segment, I think Josh, Steph and Paul work brilliantly together in them. And it proves that the new guys DO have great recurring characters, because Natalie and Billy are recurring characters. Theres a new one coming up soon, I personally think it will be in the season finale, but I can't wait til it comes on. It's about the 3 of them on Montel William's show.

Old 04/03/2004, 2:37 AM
Saul Rubinek Luvah

Quote:
Originally posted by PAULfan
Oh - and Jim_Cockhurtz - i LOVE LOVE LOVE your Angela and Natalie avatar. I think Natalie might be the best thing that ever happened to Angela. I hope they do more of those "getting hurt on video" sketches. That one cracked me up. I still laugh when I think of Natalie running up to the camera saying "Oh my beautiful face." and saying it's the end of her modeling career. I wish I could rememer it word-for-word because it sure was funny.
I CANNOT BELIEVE I MISSED THAT SKIT! If you will excuse me now...

*Bangs head against wall*

I don't want to think about if Paul left the show.

Sadness! But I think all four will come back. I hope so. I think they're all great, especially Paul. *Ahem*

Old 04/03/2004, 2:41 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Jim_Cockhurtz
Yeah, Angela is my favourite recurring character segment, I think Josh, Steph and Paul work brilliantly together in them. And it proves that the new guys DO have great recurring characters, because Natalie and Billy are recurring characters. Theres a new one coming up soon, I personally think it will be in the season finale, but I can't wait til it comes on. It's about the 3 of them on Montel William's show.
Oh my GOD I can't wait! I hope it's as funny as that 2nd one was. The first one was w/ the cheerleaders, right? And no one got hurt except Angela. That has Stephnie's HILARIOUS line: "I think they just called her FAT-alie." So wrong and SO funny!! I agree, the three of them doing those Angela sketches might be my current most favorite recurring characters!!
Old 04/03/2004, 3:01 AM
Saul Rubinek Luvah

LMAO! Can't wait to see the next Natalie skit and the Lillian Verner Mother's Day skit.

Old 04/03/2004, 7:27 AM
Regular

i think paul is the most disposable.

also, people are saying that if michael leaves, then all the spots will be filled... but that is not the only factor. if the viewers dont like somebody, theyll ditch them. nelson was phils replacement and christian was pats... but viewers hated both, so they were both ditched.
Old 04/03/2004, 7:40 AM
Regular

[QUOTE]Originally posted by funny_guy
d i posted it for the fact that the four cast members were under a one season contract and it is possible that they may let one of them go next season.
]

I have to wonder about your info, how would you know that any of the cast has a contract that expires after one year ? Is it not possible to have a three or five year deal? .....