Go Back   Planet MADtv > Our Database > MADtv Repository > MADtv Transcripts > Appearance Transcripts
Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03/19/2009, 2:15 AM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

Default Daheli Hall (Season 13 Fox MADtv Interview)

Cast:

Daheli Hall: Herself

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Legend:

(When something is in brackets and italicized, that means that is a descriptive moment).

Plot:

Daheli Hall's season 13 interview for Fox.

(Daheli is sitting on the 2nd floor of the Henry Fonda Music Box).

Daheli Hall: Ok, first of all I love the number 13. Been a very lucky number for me obviously. I got my driverís license on the 13th, on Friday the 13th. So I just feel like for a show that I have been watching so long and I've been craving to be on. Just to have the opportunity to go from fan to a cast member is an incredible experience. And I wouldn't have been able to do that had it not been on for 13 years (cut). MADtv is a show that is completely current. It is a completely irreverent in the way that I like where it's, where it means it's smart. It's it's satirical, and I just love that it finds ways, incredibly creative ways to skure pop culture, and to skure even current events and news. And the thing that I love about MADtv is that it really cares about the actors. I mean, we are in concert with the writers. It's like we're creating characters. Were working together, so there's not, at least in my estimation, I just started. There's not a lot of ego in it except for getting the right, and good, and funny material on the air. So that's why I like it (cut). Being a stand up comedian has definitely been an asset to me, because you are. Because it's a completely different mussel you are using as a stand up comic. You have prepared material. Which is you know, your jokes, but you are cons-. It's like an improv uh, because you're constantly engaging with the audience and you're not sure what you're going to get. You know, how they're going to take things, and then you have to be able to role with that at each time. That's kind of how the feeling is with MADtv. Um, I know that we are, were taped, but we do do things in front of a live studio audience, so that, that energy is there, and it's palpable so I'm excited about that.

(End).

Rise from the Dead!

Planet MADtv (August 28th 2002- August 28th 2009, August 28th 2010)

Last edited by tvmanismadformad; 03/19/2009 at 3:18 AM.

Old 03/19/2009, 2:20 AM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

She says that 13 has always been a lucky number for her because she got her drivers license on Friday the 13th. Wow, one event. And she considers that lucky. Well obviously season 13 wasn't very lucky for her

Rise from the Dead!

Planet MADtv (August 28th 2002- August 28th 2009, August 28th 2010)