Go Back   Planet MADtv > Everything Else > Off-topic Discussion > Movies
Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 12/07/2003, 1:07 PM
for the emperor

Default Any horror fans out there may want to look at this...

Incase you didn't know, George Romeros classic horror film "Dawn of the Dead" is being remade. here's a link to a site with some pics and a mssg board. I must say, at first I was opposed to this remake, but looking at the pictures, I must say wow. Still trying to get my hands on a script.

http://www.wetnwildradio.com/DawnoftheDead.html

I'm back baby

In all my years I have never seen them do that!

Old 03/19/2004, 10:02 PM
Right-wing rocker

Thumbs Down Dawn of the Dead remake

Simply put: a travesty.

[edit]Threads Merged[/edit]

Last edited by MysterE on 5/31/04

Chris - Hey mama! ; )
Old 03/20/2004, 4:05 PM
Communication Breakdown

Location: The Lobster State or some may call it Vacation Land
I just saw it today and it rocked.

Good Zombie Movie

"Saddam Hussein was a threat. He was a threat because he had used weapons of mass destruction on his own people. He was a threat because he coddled terrorists. He was a threat because he funded suiciders. He was a threat to the region. He was a threat to the United States" --- Dubya

"And it's a different kind of war than we're used to. I explained part of the difference is the fact that the battlefield is now here at home. It's also a war where the enemy doesn't show up with airplanes that they own, or tanks or ships. These are suiciders" --- Dubya
Old 03/20/2004, 4:54 PM
Fresh Meat

It was pretty good IMO

#1 Crush: Alicia Silverstone

"God, I swear, if you let my cousin live, I will NEVER do another stupid thing again" -Angela's empty promise to the man upstairs (#905)

SAVE THE ANIMATED SHOW "FAMILY GUY"!!! SIGN THIS PETITION!!!
Old 03/20/2004, 5:27 PM
26/07/16!!

Havent seen it yet but it looks pretty good from what ive seen.

Old 03/20/2004, 9:32 PM
Communication Breakdown

Very different from the original.

"Saddam Hussein was a threat. He was a threat because he had used weapons of mass destruction on his own people. He was a threat because he coddled terrorists. He was a threat because he funded suiciders. He was a threat to the region. He was a threat to the United States" --- Dubya

"And it's a different kind of war than we're used to. I explained part of the difference is the fact that the battlefield is now here at home. It's also a war where the enemy doesn't show up with airplanes that they own, or tanks or ships. These are suiciders" --- Dubya
Old 03/20/2004, 10:53 PM
Right-wing rocker

^ Exactly why I hated it. They took a well-made classic and made a new storyline and f*cked up the zombies, and added extra explosions that weren't needed. They tried to make the package fancy but it couldn't compare to the original which was one of the best movies ever made. Don't remake what a wop made right the first time.

Chris - Hey mama! ; )
Old 03/21/2004, 2:00 AM
Darth Tater
Staff Alumnus

I found a site that allows you to see a pirated copy of the movie. Just click the link. It's great!

http://www.sfdt.com/gif/movies/746.html

Old 03/21/2004, 6:10 AM
Communication Breakdown

Quote:
Originally posted by Bryansgirl
^ Exactly why I hated it. They took a well-made classic and made a new storyline and f*cked up the zombies, and added extra explosions that weren't needed. They tried to make the package fancy but it couldn't compare to the original which was one of the best movies ever made. Don't remake what a wop made right the first time.
Well they can't always plagerise the original movie. Look how bad the Psycho remake turn out to be.

Last edited by Jet; 03/21/2004 at 9:20 AM.
Old 03/21/2004, 8:19 AM
WHERE'S MY BROTHER?!

Yeah, I heard this movie sucked too. I still think I should see it though. Ill use Jim's link that he gave.

Cake. It comes in flavors like chocolate and regular.
Cake. DON'T FORGET THE FROSTING.
Cake. Share it with a friend.
[/color]

Old 03/21/2004, 10:27 AM
Fresh Meat

I love the chainsaw scene in the van. HARD LEFT!!!!

#1 Crush: Alicia Silverstone

"God, I swear, if you let my cousin live, I will NEVER do another stupid thing again" -Angela's empty promise to the man upstairs (#905)

SAVE THE ANIMATED SHOW "FAMILY GUY"!!! SIGN THIS PETITION!!!
Old 03/21/2004, 2:06 PM
for the emperor

It's a re-invisioning of the classic. I didn't know you seen the classic one Bryansgirl. Did you get the Divimax edition? The 3 disc box set should be coming out laer this year..Oh yea, and have you seen NOTLD (1968 and 1990) and Day? Which one did you prefer. I would post my views on this except one little tiny thing..IT HASN'T OPENED HERE! They're still showing the passion of the christ for gods sake.

I'm back baby

Old 03/21/2004, 8:08 PM
Right-wing rocker

Quote:
Originally posted by mista_mo
It's a re-invisioning of the classic. I didn't know you seen the classic one Bryansgirl. Did you get the Divimax edition? The 3 disc box set should be coming out laer this year..Oh yea, and have you seen NOTLD (1968 and 1990) and Day? Which one did you prefer. I would post my views on this except one little tiny thing..IT HASN'T OPENED HERE! They're still showing the passion of the christ for gods sake.
I guess I just don't like the thought of trying to make a perfect classic "better." It was perfect, flawless the way it was. I'm a HUGE fan of the classic series and I have the box set. I have seen the remake of NOTLD and I liked both, but I prefer the original. At least in the 1990 version they didn't try to make it FUNNY (which was what DotD was in the remake). But I will be sure not to tell you what happens since you haven't seen it. =)

Chris - Hey mama! ; )
Old 03/21/2004, 9:26 PM
Communication Breakdown

I havent seen "Day Of The Dead" is that one any good and whats the plot.

Old 03/21/2004, 10:09 PM
Darth Tater
Staff Alumnus

I hate when "horror" movies try and be funny. PICK A GENRE ALREADY!

Old 03/21/2004, 10:15 PM
Communication Breakdown

Quote:

At least in the 1990 version they didn't try to make it FUNNY (which was what DotD was in the remake). But I will be sure not to tell you what happens since you haven't seen it. =)
They werent trying to make the "Dawn Of the Dead" remake funny. The Original "Dawn Of The Dead" was funny.

Old 03/22/2004, 6:34 AM
for the emperor

I'm a Day fan myself..Day scared the s*it outta me..It was so much darker then Dawn was. Captain Rhodes is the best! I don't have the box set but I do have the following:

NOTLD hollywood classics (DVD)
NOTLD (DVD)
NOTLD 30th anniversary eddition (VHS and garbage)

DOTD U.S. theatrical realese (VHS)
DOTD U.S. theatrical realese (DVD and Divivmax eddition)
DOTD Directers cut (VHS)

Day of the Dead- 2 disc divivmax eddition. (DVD)

haven't been able to find Day in VHS format in a long time.

I'm back baby

Old 03/22/2004, 8:22 AM
Right-wing rocker

Quote:
Originally posted by Jet

They werent trying to make the "Dawn Of the Dead" remake funny. The Original "Dawn Of The Dead" was funny.
They weren't trying to make the DotD remake funny? Then how come there were all those "funny" parts like the people playing chess? I'm with Jim, pick a damn genre. If it's scary don't make it funny.

Chris - Hey mama! ; )
Old 03/22/2004, 10:04 AM
for the emperor

Sorry perhaps I should elaberate on box set. I mean a 3 disc version of Dawn is coming out later this year. At HPOTD, we learn about this stuff months in advance. I knew about teh remake a good 5 monthes if not more before filming started.

I'm back baby

Old 03/22/2004, 2:09 PM
Communication Breakdown

Quote:

They weren't trying to make the DotD remake funny? Then how come there were all those "funny" parts like the people playing chess? I'm with Jim, pick a damn genre. If it's scary don't make it funny.
I never knew you guys were really that picky. It's just a little bit of humor even the original had more humor than the remake.