Notices

Old 06/07/2009, 2:30 AM
Winter is coming, and SO AM I
Administrator

That can't be real. Source?

Old 06/07/2009, 2:47 AM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

Source? Sure I'll give you the source. I'm the source (and also this article)!

Rise from the Dead!

Planet MADtv (August 28th 2002- August 28th 2009, August 28th 2010)
Old 06/07/2009, 3:03 AM
Administrator

*snicker*

In that case, what Nem said.

Old 09/07/2009, 1:56 AM
Staff Alumnus
Staff Alumnus

My friends left their 360s laying around, so I started a new game of Fallout 3.
OH MY GOD THIS IS THE GAME I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR MY WHOLE LIFE.

I've never been much of a 1st person shooter person, thus why I've generally stayed away from hardcore games and systems like the 360, but after watching my friends play, I don't know why I didn't start sooner. Fable was the beginning of my interest, The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion caught on a bit, but now I'm in it for life.

Back in the early days of Gamecube/Xbox I fantasized about a game where the options were basically infinite, and what you did could really mess shit up big time. Like you kill somebody, don't kill somebody, marry their wives, do quests good or evil. It's crazy that games have been programmed this well that my dreams have come true. Like kill all the people in Megaton, loot their homes, then blow it up and collect the reward. Sure, you lose some karma, but you roll in items and bottle caps.

/end luv rant
Old 09/07/2009, 3:35 AM
Administrator

If you like Fallout and dislike shooters, do yourself a favor and play the originals. Two of the best games of all-time. Oh, and for more of the same (except, in space), consider Mass Effect. Apparently, your actions in the first game, believe it or not, will deeply impact what happens in the sequel. This is the kind of thing I would've been doing ten years ago if I was a game developer (as was my life's ambition until I became aware of the horrifically lopsided ratio of work:reward that comes with it), but it's nice to see the idea finally gaining traction outside the confines of my brain.

Old 09/15/2009, 4:39 PM
Administrator

Remember when racing games used to be... fun? Monster Truck Madness, Motocross Madness, POD, 4x4 Evolution, Powerslide, Big Red Racing, Rollcage, MotoRacer, Re-Volt, et al? Why must EVERYTHING except Burnout be a simulation these days? This brings me great rage.

Old 09/15/2009, 4:51 PM
Ready for a change
Active Supporter

monster truck madness.good times.we should play again soon
Old 09/15/2009, 5:04 PM
D2F

It seems every year or so I forget what a shitty company EA is and decide to try their latest Need for Speed. I get about 3 or 4 hours in before I realize I'm not having fun and that it's just the same god damn game they released a year prior except the menu is different and they alternate between permanent daytime and permanent night.

An invariant mass requires rest energy without a HITCH, which makes Newton's second law as it appears in a nonrelativistic classical mechanics sitch, BIATCH.

Founding member of Club Juno the most kickass character of The Descent
Old 09/15/2009, 5:11 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarzapam View Post
monster truck madness.good times.we should play again soon
Agreed to the max, but it needs 6-8 players to be sustainably fun. Wish we had more gaming nerds around here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NemesisDesign View Post
It seems every year or so I forget what a shitty company EA is and decide to try their latest Need for Speed. I get about 3 or 4 hours in before I realize I'm not having fun and that it's just the same god damn game they released a year prior except the menu is different and they alternate between permanent daytime and permanent night.
But, but... this one blurs the cockpit camera when you crash into something!

Old 09/15/2009, 5:13 PM
Ready for a change
Active Supporter

also...i'll have a lot more time on my hands in 2 weeks time once my better half moves,so expect lots of game time ok
Old 09/15/2009, 5:29 PM
Administrator

Praise Jesus. Be aware, though, that with compounded interest, I'm expecting no less than 26.7 hours of gaming per day from here on out. Better clear your schedule!

Old 09/15/2009, 5:53 PM
Ready for a change
Active Supporter

haha if i wanna be unemployed the sure thing,lol.It'll be most weekends free now.like the old old days
Old 09/17/2009, 12:07 AM
D2F

Can one of you console gamers please explain Guitar Hero/Rock Band/all other DDR ripoffs to me? How is it that they have a new version out every year? Let me see if I understand: It's DDR except you use your fingers. They release a new version every year with new songs and/or endorsement from a washed up band or artist and you pay full price for it? Is that about right?

Whatever development company owns that franchise stumbled across the greatest moneymaking scheme in gaming. It sounds like to me they throw a couple audio tracks and button patterns into the build, recompile and they're set. Work for the year is done.

An invariant mass requires rest energy without a HITCH, which makes Newton's second law as it appears in a nonrelativistic classical mechanics sitch, BIATCH.

Founding member of Club Juno the most kickass character of The Descent
Old 09/17/2009, 2:38 AM
Staff Alumnus
Staff Alumnus

I used to love playing Sim City 4. I want to find it somewhere and buy it/download it.

Also I read the Spore add-on made it way more fun. I stopped playing about a few hours into Galaxy. It was fun, but I heard the expansion pack really puts more experience into the game.

Also I think the Sims 3 Sims are ugly as sin. At least the Sims 2 people looked like normal people. I know mods have come out, but I don't think I could handle buying the Sims 3. Too much space, ugly Sims, haven't heard great things about it.

Computer gaming is very come and go for me. I sucked too hard at Black and White to get my creature bigger than he started off at and sucked too hard to make money in Rollercoaster Tycoon. I got bored of The Movies after a few days, but I liked it. I should get back into it.
Old 09/17/2009, 4:38 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by NemesisDesign View Post
Can one of you console gamers please explain Guitar Hero/Rock Band/all other DDR ripoffs to me? How is it that they have a new version out every year? Let me see if I understand: It's DDR except you use your fingers. They release a new version every year with new songs and/or endorsement from a washed up band or artist and you pay full price for it? Is that about right?
That's about right.

DDR, I like. At least that's a good workout (not to mention positively side-splitting in a party setting). If I didn't have the option of plundering, though, could I honestly see myself buying it more than once? Not a chance. As for GH/RB, my view is, spend the $250 on an actual instrument and develop an actual skill. Believe it or not, I didn't need to cough up the $60 idiot tax to play Enter Sandman, and you don't either.

[Uh, no offense, tarz. ]

Quote:
Whatever development company owns that franchise stumbled across the greatest moneymaking scheme in gaming. It sounds like to me they throw a couple audio tracks and button patterns into the build, recompile and they're set. Work for the year is done.
But, but... you can be Paul McCartney in this one!

Old 09/18/2009, 1:34 AM
Ready for a change
Active Supporter

none taken.
i enjoy music,i tried to learn guitar in real life and am fairly average at it.
playing guitar hero makes me feel better about my average real life musical skills
plus its a good party game,especially when drunk.
to each their own i guess.
Old 09/18/2009, 1:58 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarzapam View Post
plus its a good party game,especially when drunk.
Ah, of course. A crucial, crucial factor I never take into consideration.

Old 09/19/2009, 12:25 AM
Ready for a change
Active Supporter

just added 2 possible multi games to my collection.

*wwe legends of wrestlemania
*50 cent blood on the sand

The 2nd one i normally wouldn't give a 2nd look to.but i heard it was actually half decent and i got it for 60% off.
i'm also thinking about getting either COD4 or COD World at War.anyone tell me which is better and why??
Old 09/19/2009, 12:40 AM
Administrator

I considered Fitty when it came out, but, because I'd never play it on my own, I ultimately decided to pass. Since it's now on the table, though, off to download I go. As for LoW, that's supposed to be vile, vile garbage. Plus, it uses the same engine as SDvR, and as you'll recall, that was completely unplayable online. Taking a pass on that one.

I'll update our game list sometime soon. Possibly tonight.

COD-wise, assuming you're considering it for your benefit (I'm not a fan myself), go with Modern Warfare (COD4) or wait for MW2. The even-numbered games are made by the original developers of COD, while the odd-numbered ones are cash-in titles made by lesser-tier studios.

Old 09/19/2009, 12:45 AM
Ready for a change
Active Supporter

cool.both titles are on sale atm and rainbow six got me shooting happy.
i've played a demo of it and didn't mind it.so i might grab it..
i'll let u know what LOW is like.You'd think they might have improved the online playability and lag in the last 2 years though