Go Back   Planet MADtv > Everything Else > Off-topic Discussion
Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 12/23/2003, 9:50 AM
Can't You Read the Signs?

Quote:
Originally posted by HiVolt
Its not up to the president to decide what he says in public. Its the higher powers that be that control what he says, or does, and the entire administration. I've said it before, and I'll say it again. He's just a puppet-on-a-string, the spokesman.
The President appoints the Cabinet members.

Old 12/23/2003, 7:22 PM
Ready for a change
Active Supporter

i wish they hadn't cancelled it either
it was so funny
ad the guy that played bush was pretty spot on
Old 12/23/2003, 7:43 PM
Regular

trey & matt are geniuses.

Old 12/24/2003, 2:29 AM
Hardcore Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Bryansgirl
No f*cking way. The next thing he'll probably do is get all abortions banned.

he's already gone all crazy about backing a bill that makes gay marriage illegal. How Crazy can one guy be? I mean, aren't we allowed a certain amount of privacy in our love lives? Or did Bush cut that part out of the constitution?
Old 12/24/2003, 8:06 AM
Totally F****able

Its the classic, "ill accept it as long as you don't ask to become "one of us" " so long as homo's dont expect to be treated like heteros, then its ok. But once we start demanding to have our love acknowledged by everyone else, you are automatically ruffling my personal beliefs so since I've got that power I will do whatever it takes to make this country, do, say, and have the same beliefs as I do even if it infringes on your personal rights and freedoms.

Old 12/24/2003, 7:16 PM
Hardcore Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Scorpiogrrl2003
Its the classic, "ill accept it as long as you don't ask to become "one of us" " so long as homo's dont expect to be treated like heteros, then its ok. But once we start demanding to have our love acknowledged by everyone else, you are automatically ruffling my personal beliefs so since I've got that power I will do whatever it takes to make this country, do, say, and have the same beliefs as I do even if it infringes on your personal rights and freedoms.
You said it perfectly! I don't understand why every one cares so much. Gays are people, so they get the same rights as everyone else, what's so hard to understand about that. I bet Bush would have been pretty mad if He wasn't allowed to marry who ever he wanted. Or if his daughters couldn't marry who ever they wanted- did you know Dick cheney's daughter is a lesbian, but he still backs the president. How can he go against his own family like that? IS this what you're going thru, Scorpion?
Old 12/24/2003, 10:35 PM
Totally F****able

Quote:
Originally posted by rockstarjoker

You said it perfectly! I don't understand why every one cares so much. Gays are people, so they get the same rights as everyone else, what's so hard to understand about that. I bet Bush would have been pretty mad if He wasn't allowed to marry who ever he wanted. Or if his daughters couldn't marry who ever they wanted- did you know Dick cheney's daughter is a lesbian, but he still backs the president. How can he go against his own family like that? IS this what you're going thru, Scorpion?

Yeah, I do go through that, every day is a hard day to live with my sexuality, I mean I'm comfortable wih it, but no one else close to me is.

I dream of the day when I can apply for a marriage license with my future wife.

Old 12/25/2003, 1:01 AM
Right-wing rocker

Quote:
Originally posted by rockstarjoker

he's already gone all crazy about backing a bill that makes gay marriage illegal. How Crazy can one guy be? I mean, aren't we allowed a certain amount of privacy in our love lives? Or did Bush cut that part out of the constitution?
Ugh, don't get me started on that topic. I won't quit. But I agree completely with you. Gay people getting married doesn't hurt anyone, so what's the problem?

Chris - Hey mama! ; )
Old 12/25/2003, 11:05 AM
Can't You Read the Signs?

LOL.. I just think it's funny that that bill is to "protect" marriages.. when I get married, I'm gonna feel so "threatened" by two girls getting hitched in Vegas!
Old 12/29/2003, 6:35 PM
???????????

Bush is screwing things up now days!!!!!!!
Old 12/30/2003, 12:46 AM
Hardcore Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by Ant29
Bush is screwing things up now days!!!!!!!
SERIOUSLY, you are right!!! And to think, if only the electoral college had dissappated 100 years like they should have, we wouldn't be stuck with him at all! I hope that, one day, the american people will be allowed to elect their own president, and that a decent politcian will run for office!
Old 12/30/2003, 9:53 AM
WHERE'S MY BROTHER?!

NO.

Al Sharpden (however youspell it) on the other hand..

Cake. It comes in flavors like chocolate and regular.
Cake. DON'T FORGET THE FROSTING.
Cake. Share it with a friend.
[/color]

Old 12/30/2003, 10:45 AM
Rufff Rufff!!!

Now, are all of you basing your decision on the war in Iraq or on other issues too? I'm not American so it doesn't really matter what my opinion is...afterall I don't know what he's done for national issues. All i can say is until you are out and into the real world, you have no idea how the world really works. A lot of you are pretty young yet. Just wait until your Democrat party gets re-elected some day (presuming they're like Canada's dreadful Liberal Party) and half your pay check is missing to taxes to only be squandered on useless government programs....

Old 12/30/2003, 10:48 AM
for the emperor

At least bush put money into americas defense..thats something I'd like to see in a new prime minister

I'm back baby

In all my years I have never seen them do that!
Old 12/30/2003, 11:07 AM
Yes, they're real.
Staff Alumnus

Quote:
Originally posted by mista_mo
At least bush put money into americas defense..thats something I'd like to see in a new prime minister
All of america's defense is in Iraq getting slaughtered by terrorists.

Old 12/30/2003, 11:09 AM
for the emperor

They've only lost 560 some troops...america has over a million men in it's armed forces, and over 2 million with reserves. I'd hardly call it a slaughter.

I'm back baby

Old 12/30/2003, 11:11 AM
Yes, they're real.
Staff Alumnus

Quote:
Originally posted by mista_mo
They've only lost 560 some troops...
Considering the ridiculous cause they're fighting for, its a shame. Bush made a mess in Iraq, and now is crying to the world to help.

Old 12/30/2003, 11:18 AM
for the emperor

And they should help. It is a shame that american soldiers are dyin, but how is it a ridiculous cause? Saddam was a bomb waiting to go off, he should've been takin' out of power in 91, so none of this stuff could have happened.

I'm back baby

Old 12/30/2003, 11:27 AM
Yes, they're real.
Staff Alumnus

America invaded Iraq bragging that Saddam had weapons of mass destruction, and that Iraq was not complying with the weapons inspectors. They went in, blew up the cities, tons of civilians killed in the process, and they found JACK ****. Then their story changed, that they did it all to free the Iraqi people from Saddam's evil empire. While that is true, we don't hear ANYTHING about the chemical or nuclear weapons now, do we?

It was all about milking Iraq's rich oil supplies, and while America wants other nations to help with defending & rebuilding Iraq, they will not give a piece of the pie to anyone but their silent partners in crime.

The capture of Saddam brings a big boost to their campaign too, but what is that old man gonna tell them? Squat. He's gonna be executed and that's it.

Old 12/30/2003, 2:17 PM
Rufff Rufff!!!

HiVolt's arguements:

1) No weapons were found.
-Well obviously! Saddam is a maniac but is a genius! Obviously if he has them, he wouldn't leave them in Iraq. They're likely in Syria now. And there are no records the UN has that Saddam destroyed his weapons at all. Inspectors found tons of unused supplies to build weapons like mustard gas and empty chemical war heads. Duh! Lastly, I'd also like to add they simply found mass destruction...thousands of graves of executed Iraqis

2) Liberating Iraq as an excuse.
-You're right...Bush used this as propaganda to help get support but just because one world leader used propaganda (ooo scary!)doesn't mean the above cause for war doesn't still exists. I can think of 40 other countries that went to this war and didn't use that as propaganda.

3) USA taking Iraq's oil.
-There has been ZERO evidence that this has happened. I see this excuse as purely leftist propaganda. I think I'd rather believe Chicken Little when he shouts "the sky is falling". It's all theory. This type of thinking was developed the day Bush was elected. It could be true and I can see why you'd be suspicious but believe me...there's a lot of people who would have come out by now and said that oil was missing if it indeed was.

4) USA not allowing other countries to help.
-Actually that isn't true at all. Look at Canada...pathetic liberal Canada NEVER contributes anything and yet we're sending million and millions of dollars to help.

5) Saddam will stay silent.
-Maybe he will and maybe he won't. That's his decision. You really think the US government isn't going to ask him questions...come on! How would they ever know anything if they didn't have him. Whether he is tried in court (which he probably should) or the US kills him (which will likely happen regardless) is a different issue altogether and too early to know eiethr way yet.

In conclusion, what do you think would have happened if Saddam wasn't taken out of power...he probably would have killed thousands of his own people time and time again in disgusting ways unimaginable. The weapons he has were'nt powerful enough to make it to any other country but his own territory. Duh! So what is your solution to this mess?

I want to hear all of you who opposed the war (and by all means it's your right to your own opinion) what should have been done instead? Surely *nothing* couldn't your solution would it?