Old 02/29/2008, 11:11 PM
Ready for a change
Active Supporter

is david the kid that sung "imagine"???
and vftw = ??

Old 02/29/2008, 11:15 PM
zlolz

Yeah, that's David.

And VFTW is "Vote For the Worst", a website that started in Season 3 to try and mess up the AI results by getting large amounts of people to vote for the worst contestants. It's worked a few times in the past, but it mostly worked last year when Sanjaya - arguably the worst AI contestant ever - made top 7.

Old 02/29/2008, 11:20 PM
Ready for a change
Active Supporter

i've only seen small amounts of this sanjaya,yet another AI flamer by the looks of things,lol.
I have to agree and say david "imagine" kid has the potential to make it a long way in the comp,but i also have to agree with mizz and say this weeks show was the first time i really sat up and noticed him.
i don't think amanda is the worst...she is just limited in the styles of music she can work with.
Old 03/04/2008, 10:27 AM
Darth Tater
Staff Alumnus

I'm not watching this season, but I saw David perform Imagine, and color me impressed.

Old 03/04/2008, 9:13 PM
"You, sir, are sissified"
Staff Alumnus

Goodbye, Luke!

Goodbye, Chikezie.

As the kids say, that is all.

"We can dig it!"
Old 03/05/2008, 5:53 PM
zlolz

I don't think Chikezie's going anywhere. Never, ever does anyone who gets the pimp spot get sent home. Except for like maybe twice in Idol history.

I hope he DOES go home though. The other guys, besides Luke, are much more talented then him. -_-

Old 03/05/2008, 7:53 PM
Winter is coming, and SO AM I
Administrator

On the male end of things, it appears this week will come down to Luke, Danny, and Chikeze, with Chikeze making it through. Castro should be on the chopping block as well, but for whatever reason, the judges and the public seem to adore him. Go figure.

As for the ladies, Kady and Brooke seem like the safe bets. I'd prefer to see Asia'h and Ramiele hit the skids, but the chances of that happening are slim to none, and slim wasn't even in town in the first place.

Amanda? She's lucky she got the pimp spot tonight. I didn't think she was very good at all.

Kristy? Like Simon mentioned, she'll be out in short order even if she makes it through (which, based on tonight, she should), so I guess Michael's my main man now. Not good. In each and every sense of the term, I just can't get behind a man like I can a woman.

Old 03/05/2008, 9:28 PM
Staff Alumnus

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwind View Post
In each and every sense of the term, I just can't get behind a man like I can a woman.
Well, you can; you just wouldn't want to. Meh, you set that one up for me...not fair!

Seriously, though, I wasn't expecting anyone to give Chikezie a chance, pimp spot or no. In the past, it seems that voters tend to remember substandard performances better if they come first or last than if they're stuck in the middle somewhere. The only other guy I could conceivably put in his place is ol' Danny Boy; and my gut tells me that enough voters find him entertaining regardless of vocal prowess, or at least relative lack thereof. At any rate, Luke is definitely gone. If he isn't eliminated this week, then I'll eat MADfan's shoe, crap it out, and then eat it again. Oh, please, please, PLEEEEEEEEEASE let me be right!

As for the lay-dize, I think the exit door beckons Kady and Kristy this week. No, that's not my blondes-are-forgettable bias talking, because Kady and Brooke do stand out this season -- the former largely for sense of humor and impressions; the latter for being a bit quirkier, earthier and, well, curlier than most. Kristy...meh, ain't workin' for me, dawg. Ramiele is the only possible bet hedge I'll make; however, the judges' constant praise of her leads me to believe that she'll be in the finals come hell or [PAULA]high[/PAULA] water. Well, okay, I'll hedge a fraction on Asia'h; however, for the same reasons, I think she'll likely be safe. On a side note, I want to strangle Whitney Houston.

And Amanda rocked it out this week. Y'all don't be hatin', now...well, unless you're talking about last week's pile o' dead skunk (double metaphor there, of course ).

"We can dig it!"
Old 03/06/2008, 1:30 PM
zlolz

Brooke? Seriously, bw? I think she's a lock for top 10. Same with Castro. I really like both of them just because they're both extremely unique, and they both have a ton of fans. Neither are going anywhere anytime soon.

For the guys, Luke is a goner, and the last top 12 spot is going to be a battle between Chikezie and David H. Danny is safe just because he's entertaining, I think.

For the girls, Kady is a guaranteed exit, and then it's going to be between Kristy and As'iah on who goes with her. Kristy has a bigger fanbase and has apparently been high in the voting the past few weeks, so she may surprisingly beat out As'iah for the last top 12 spot.

Old 03/06/2008, 6:25 PM
i'm an institution

Bye Kady

muahahahaha

oh hey, this place is different

Old 03/06/2008, 8:46 PM
Administrator

Three for four for the third week in a row. I just *knew* Kristy would make it!

Hernandez? He's one of the top vocalists in the competition, and he's no slouch in the personality department either. Awful, awful pick, Rurry.

Amanda, Brooke, and Castro? Unique or not, I've taken dumps that were more pleasing to the senses than these clowns. If even *one* of them outlasts Kristy, somebody's getting shanked. Possibly Caithy.

Kady? Wah wahhhhh!

Luke, Danny, and Asia'h? Wah wahhhhh!

That's about all you're getting out of ol' bw for now, I'm afraid. This headache will surely be the end of me.

Old 03/06/2008, 10:00 PM
Staff Alumnus

Aw, bw, feel better. In light of your travails, I'll go easy this one time.

For starters, I'm beyond glad that I won't be eating shoe leather for dinner. In other news, thank Jaaaaaaayzus for bet hedges. While my jaw hardly smacked the floor when Asia'h bowed out, I really was counting on Kristy to go. Still, after two weeks tops, I believe this will be a nonissue.

Meh, I'm bummed about mah Danny. All right, America, it took ol' mizz a while; but I think I finally get it: when it comes to characters, you would rather foist Sanjaya on us than someone who is genuinely likable and can at least halfway sing. No, Danny wouldn't have won; however, if you insist year after year on putting crapola like Sanjaya, Jon Peter, Carmen, R.J., A.J., Hayleggy -- the list goes on -- into the coveted ten/twelve, then our flamer friend should have been given at least the same respect, if not infinitely more. Boooooooooo on making the final twelve that much less interesting.

That major scutcheon aside, however, I'm really looking forward to this year's finals. While I'll be initially rooting most loudly for mah Irish goddess (please, though, dear, no more Celine Dion-isms ), I'm keeping an eye on David Cook too. Okay, so the DAUGHTRY comparions are somewhat appropriate; still, I'll take this guy over Season 5's own rockerwhotakeshimselfwaytooseriously. For tarza's sake, I'll pull for Aussie Michael too -- that is, as long as he sticks to songs that aren't beyond his vocal range. The same goes for Amanda. If she sticks to her element, as she did this week and two weeks ago, then I'm definitely in her corner; if she pulls another Kansas on me, then I'm afraid that corner will get a bit lonelier for her. Syesha, I'll root for you too if you'll stay the hell away from the overdone, oversung, overrated, over [fill in the blank] Whitney songs and take some creative risks as you did two weeks ago. Chikezie, the same goes for you: stick to the genuine soul of last week, and ditch whatever aspirations you have to become the male equivalent of the Whitster. Even though Mr. Dread and my future wife, Brooke, won't win, they'll make this season more entertaining than it would otherwise be. While I liked Ramiele initially, she didn't do anything for me at all during the last three weeks (i.e., when it really mattered). The others? Meh, whatevah. I'm not nearly as in love with Mr. Cutie Pie Arch as his diehard fans are; and as for the other David....Oogh, I'll talk more about him later...or not.

"We can dig it!"
Old 03/07/2008, 1:17 PM
zlolz

I love Brooke and like Castro, so whatever bw. Sorry they don't fit your "pretty young blonde white girl" standards

I like this top 12 overall...actually, I love it. The only person I don't like is Chikezie. I think Danny was much more entertaining and should've stayed. But other then that...good picks. This season is really impressing me so far. I'd like Alaina to still be there, but meh, other then that...I'm really enjoying this season. Archuleta FTW!

I also like David Cook, although he's no Daughtry. Michael and Carly are both good but seem to suck at picking songs, and the same goes for Ramiele. Brooke is just awesome. Castro is pretty good. Syesha and Kristy are both good, but Syesha is a generic diva and Kristy is a generic blonde country singer, and I can't really see either of them getting too far. Chikezie is just flat-out boring, and will be gone within the first two weeks. Hernadez has a good voice, but again, nothing I haven't heard before, and he has no personality, so I see him being gone pretty quickly. Amanda...I dunno. She's unique, but I just don't care for her that much. Umm...I don't know who I'm missing.

Old 03/07/2008, 3:05 PM
i'm an institution

Quote:
If even *one* of them outlasts Kristy, somebody's getting shanked. Possibly Caithy.

Kady = slore. Sorry.

I CANT BELIEVE THE GUY WHO SUNG WHAM GOT VOTED OFF. And the other gay kid that has Newt/Haley from Paramore's haircut! All the flamboyance is going to WASTE. There were so many blatant homos and now we only have Chikeze and the male stripper!

oh hey, this place is different

Old 03/07/2008, 3:06 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurry View Post
I love Brooke and like Castro, so whatever bw. Sorry they don't fit your "pretty young blonde white girl" standards
I accept your apology.

Seriously, though, attractive or not, you *must* possess a certain degree of talent if you want my support (well, unless you're as balls-to-the-wall adorable as Kellie, of course ), and the simple fact is, both Kady and Alaina (and Luke, and Asia'h, and Alexandrea, and Cardin, and a good 95% of those who didn't make it through Hollywood week...) can sing circles around these two. Hell, even *I* can sing circles around these two! Where's *my* Top 12 spot?

On the mizz front, barring a few minor quibbles...
  • Sure, Haley was no Kelly Clarkson, but she certainly possessed far more merit than many of this season's finalists. I, for one, found her to be more than acceptable when she chose the right song. Her rendition of "True Colors", for example, was one of the few S6 performances I downloaded, and I think it's the only one to which I still listen to this day. Oh, and before the subject is raised, no, I didn't find her to be all that attractive.
  • Daughtry may have had quite the pole up his ass, but as someone who turned out pure gold week after week after week, that was a luxury he could afford. To me, Cook is like the Nickelback to Daughtry's Metallica -- I have nothing against him, per se, but everything he'll do throughout his entire career has already been pre-emptively creamed and overshadowed by his far more talented predecessor. Not a good spot to be in when you're competing in a talent show.
  • I just can't see Brooke or Castro making this season any more entertaining than it would otherwise be. Castro has all the personality of a doorstop, and Brooke? She'll put us to sleep each week with one of her trademark country ballads, balance that out with a cute comment or two, and leave us no better or worse off than we were to begin with. Yawn.
...I agree with just about everything you said. Not only is this season turning out to be relatively substandard, it's starting to appear as though not even the argumentative aspect will save it for me. Come on, man -- start bringing the crazy like we've come to expect! To borrow a line from Simon...

...I'm not being rude, but your performance thus far has been absolutely dreadful.

Old 03/07/2008, 8:44 PM
Staff Alumnus

Hey, now, don't let agreeing with me cramp your style or anything. Is it my fault there's no Taylor Hicks for me to root for this season and for you to pan mercilessly? Okay, so our sources of contention this season are relatively mild; however, we'll just have to make do with the few we have. Here, I'll start you off:

Quote:
Castro has all the personality of a doorstop....
You misspelled Hernandez.

"We can dig it!"
Old 03/07/2008, 9:22 PM
Administrator

As tempted as I am to refute that, no, that was a fair potshot. In fact, with two, maybe three exceptions, you could substitute just about *anyone's* name in there -- even your precious walking tattoo's -- and the statement would hold no less true.

Old 03/07/2008, 9:59 PM
Staff Alumnus

If only all doorstops could be like Carly!

"We can dig it!"
Old 03/07/2008, 10:04 PM
Administrator

Yet another sentiment with which I wholeheartedly agree.

Old 03/07/2008, 10:15 PM
Staff Alumnus

Just following a train of thought there. I mean, as long as we have twelve doorstops in the finals, I might as well go with the most decorative of the bunch.

"We can dig it!"