Go Back   Planet MADtv > Our Database > MADtv Repository > MADtv Episode Guide > Season 7 (2001-2002)
Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07/04/2003, 12:26 AM
Domo Arigato, Mrs. Roboto
Content Robot

Default Episode S07E02 (Aired 2001-09-29)

Cast: Alex Borstein Frank Caliendo, Mo Collins, Andrew Daly, Michael McDonald, Will Sasso, Aries Spears and Stephnie Weir

Featuring: Kathryn Fiore
  • Music Video: Sugar Ray "The Music's Over" (Michael- Carson Daly, Will- Lance Bass, Debra- Lil' Kim, Will- Sugar Ray)
  • Celebrity Fear Factor (Michael- Host: Joe Rogan, Debra- Chris Tucker, Aries- Sisqo, Alex- Rosie O'Donnell, Will- Kenny Rogers)
  • Craig Kilborn Fan Club (Frank- Kevin Mitchell, Andrew- Doug Shelberg, Kathryn- Sheryl Piskay, Will)
  • Mike Tyson Grill (Aries- Mike Tyson, ???Kathryn- Jenilee Harrison, Mo???)
  • Swan: Protection (Will, Alex- Ms. Swan)
  • Brian's Secret Skill (Michael- Brian, Stephnie- Marcie, Will- Mr. Robeshaw, Alex- Mrs. Robeshaw, Frank)
  • Bjork K-Mart Commercial (Alex- Bjork)
  • Celebrity Exhaustion Telethon #1 (Debra- Whitney Houston, Aries- Bobby Brown, Mo- Angelina Jolie)
  • Celebrity Exhaustion Telethon #2 (Debra- Whitney Houston, Aries- Bobby Brown, Frank Robin Williams)
  • Close: Brian's Secret Skill Outtakes (Michael- Brian, Stephnie- Marcie, Will- Mr. Robeshaw, Alex- Mrs. Robeshaw, Frank)

Last edited by tvmanismadformad; 06/15/2010 at 9:31 PM.

Old 07/09/2003, 12:05 AM
26/07/16!!

Default Episode #702

The Music's Over
This was ok but not a great music video, could of been better.
2.5\5

Celebrity Fear Factor
This was pretty bad it seemed like a wasted opportunity, although Michael's Joe Rogan impression was good the rest just seemed over the top, especially Will's Kenny Rogers.
1\5

Fan Club
This was decent and wasnt too long either.
3\5

Mike Tyson Grill
This was pretty bad it seems Aries impression of Mike Tyson has followed a downward trend.
1\5

Swan: Protection
This was terrible, as most people have already mentioned: "once Swans cluelessness was gone she was too smart for her own good" - in other words not funny.
1\5

Brian's Secret Skill
This was pretty funny. Michael was good here.
3\5

Bjork K-Mart Commercial
This was ok, Alex's impression is pretty funny.
3\5

Telethon Part 1
This was decent but didnt really go any where. Poor showcase of celebrity impressions.
2\5

Telethon Part 2
(Same as above)
2\5

Closing Credits
Showed outtakes from the Brians Secret Skill sketch. This was probably the highlight of the show.
5\5

Overall
This episode was pretty bad, well below average, Mad TV at its worst.
3\10

*All sketch names appear courtesy of Mysteres Episode Guide
https://www.planetmadtv.com/forum/sh...&threadid=1326

Old 07/09/2003, 5:53 AM
Ready for a change
Active Supporter

The Music's Over

yeah, i didn't really like this one at all

Celebrity Fear Factor
yeah...again not the best
debras chris tucker was good though
it even better cause they started showing the american fear factor like 3 weeks ago...so we know who the hell that joe rogan dude is

Fan Club
i totally FF this one cause i don' know craig kilborn, therefore i would of got, none of it

Mike Tyson Grill
badness

Swan: Protection
one of the worst swan sketchs
it was kinda weird too

Brian's Secret Skill
i'm so easily amused
this was easily my fave of the ep
i'm a fart joke whore :p

Bjork K-Mart Commercial
eh....it was ok

Telethon Part 1
more whitney singing would of been good

Telethon Part 2
omg, franks robin williams is GREAT
i hope to see lots more of it in the future

Closing Credits
i LOVE out takes...and its no surprise this sketch produced them
how could u NOT laugh
soooo good

Overall
a big step down from last week
i'd give it a...

5.5/10
Old 07/09/2003, 10:18 PM
Get down tonight!

TRL / The Music's Over: I had high hopes for this, but it had mixed results. Michael's impression was...well, not an impression at all, really, just Michael's clothes, Michael's hair, Michael's voice. If the name Carson Daly hadn't flashed up on the screen I would've had no idea that's who he was meant to be. But the endless advertising plugs were good, and the teens who will pretty much scream at anything. As for the video itself, who thought of chosing Will to be Mark McGrath? He would've been my last choice for that role. And the sound-a-like voice really got on my tits. But the lyrics and the message of the song was good, and totally accurate.

Celebrity Fear Factor: This was average. I thought Michael's Joe Rogan was so-so. As with his Carson, if they hadn't flashed the name up on the screen...but the yelling at the contestants was kinda funny. As for the other 'celebrities', if I never see that bloody Kenny Rogers again it'll be too soon. Debrah's Chris Tucker was funny, and new addition to MADtv which is good to see. The other's were OK.

Kilborne Fan Club: This was OK. I'm only vaguely familiar with Craig Kilborne so I guess that prevented me from really enjoying it. But I found Frank and David both quite funny. And it was my first look at Kathryn Fiore, but nothing much to go on, as she was little more than an extra with all of two lines.

Mike Tyson Grill: Eh. I've always found this impersonation to be so-so at the best of times. The testimonials were funny, though. And then there was Mo, who is my Queen. Even in the smallest roles she has my laughing over the tiniest things, like in this one the way she talked through her teeth. Also, very true to life the way informercials tend to feature has-been B grade 'stars'.

Swan Protection: Probably my favourite sketch of the episode, and I've never been the biggest Swan fan. I loved the way she openly mocked the formulaic nature of the Swan sketches. 'Hey, if you such a big Swan fan you should have seen this coming." The taking a number, the smashing the jars, I thought it was all great. The only thing I didn't like about it was Will. I'm just so sick of him, just him being in a sketch brings it down a little for me.

Brian's Secret Skill: Uh-oh, banal fart humour alert. Maybe I'm growing up (a phrase I thought I'd never use) but I just don't find fart jokes as funny as I use to, and MADtv is capable of so much more. It was kind of funny, but just kind of, not loads. And the ending was weak, even for a sketch of this quality.

Björk K-Mart Commercial: I've never really enjoyed this impersonation much, every sketch show does Björk and it's always the same thing. She's such an easy target. It was short though, I'll give it that.

Celebrity Exhaustion Telethon: This was OK. The Whitney and Bobby material was weak compared to some of their previous sketches. Mo's Angelina Jolie was pretty good at first ("Ever love someone so much you wanted to stab them in their sleep?") but got weirder as the sketch went on. Frank's Robin Williams was hilarious, a definate highlite, but all in all, this sketch just wasn't funny enough to justify running as long as it did.

Closing: Out-takes from the fart sketch. This was funny, in fact I enjoyed this loads more than the actual sketch, which is kinda messed up. It was good seeing the actors all enjoying themselves so much, but I felt kind of jaded that they were having a better time than I was. Dammit, it's the audience who are supposed to do the laughing, not the cast! Oh well.

Summary: After my enjoyment of 701, 702 was a big dissapointment. Now I understand all the bitterness towards season 7 that I've been reading on this message board for the last couple of years. If the reast of the season is like this than good golly. Still, I can at least say that I enjoyed it a little more when I watched it the second time than the first. While I'm ragging on, I have to say that after only two episodes into the season I'm already glad to know Will won't be around after the end of the season. I'm sick of him, and season 7 has only just begun. Ech.

Last edited by Kai; 07/10/2003 at 8:06 AM.
Old 08/03/2003, 8:41 AM
Can't You Read the Signs?

Yeah, Will really brought down this ep.. he would do that a lot in season seven
Old 01/09/2004, 1:03 PM
I'm watching you.
Staff Alumnus

Ok, Scorp. Here's the next sketch that Comedy Central took out of their lineup: Mike Tyson Grill! They even showed a clip of it before cutting to one of the commercial breaks.

[edit]Can anyone confirm if it was both Kathryn and Mo that appeared in this sketch?[/edit]

Old 01/09/2004, 2:23 PM
Totally F****able

Quote:
Originally posted by Mystere
Ok, Scorp. Here's the next sketch that Comedy Central took out of their lineup: Mike Tyson Grill! They even showed a clip of it before cutting to one of the commercial breaks.

[edit]Can anyone confirm if it was both Kathryn and Mo that appeared in this sketch?[/edit]
I KNEW IT.........DEM SONS OF BITCHES!

I saw the promo for this one, but never actually saw the sketch.

I didn't really enjoy this episode save for the Brians Secret Skill sketch, and Mo's Angelina Jolie impression (if only for the fact that Mo looks good in leather pants )

I wonder how many other sketches Im losing because of CC.

Old 01/09/2004, 2:48 PM
0ld sk00l

Haha! Mo's A.J. Impression was so funny! All the expressions MO can do with her lips is so hilarious!

My Fanfics
Old 08/29/2004, 6:26 AM
Fresh Meat

Default Brians Secret Skill

I guess I am a sucker for fart sketches. The first time I saw it I was at a friends house when it first aired in 2001. I set my vcr at home to record it. We watched the episode at my friends house and I was laughing so hard I fell on the floor and turned red and couldn't stop laughing. I thought when I get home I will have to watch that sketch again. Low and behold the vcr came on for about 10 seconds and the shut off. So I didn't get the episode. I felt funny cussing the vcr out cause I wanted to see that sketch came out. I have been trying to get it ever since. I have literally tivoed every episode for almost three years to find it. I am so glad I found planetmadtv.com and found the labor day marathon and that episode is suppossed to be played. Finally! after almost three years the episode is going to be re aired. Sorry I am so happy but you gotta love tivo.lol Thanks Planet mad Tv.
Old 08/29/2004, 3:03 PM
I'm watching you.
Staff Alumnus

Welcome to the Planet misterfogg.

Old 09/15/2005, 8:34 AM
Regular

Question Grandma Robeshaw in Brian's Secret Skill

Does anyone know who the person was that played Grandma Robeshaw on Brian's Secret Skill? I didn't see her listed under Notable Appearances. Just curious...Thanks.
Old 09/16/2005, 6:27 PM
Hardcore Fan

I think that was Alex Borstein

The boys of Fall Out Boy

hugs, ;-*es, and luv~Natalie(NatCat)
Offical Posse Weirdo of Caity's Siggy Posse

IRISH ROCK!
If your Irish, put this in your signature
Old 09/16/2005, 6:34 PM
I'm watching you.
Staff Alumnus

Quote:
Originally posted by BlondieFan
I think that was Alex Borstein
You're correct.

Old 09/16/2005, 6:51 PM
Staff Alumnus
Staff Alumnus

Alex played the WIFE....smithduke wanted to know who played the Grandma...
Old 09/16/2005, 6:57 PM
I'm watching you.
Staff Alumnus

I just assumed.

Old 09/16/2005, 6:58 PM
0ld sk00l

The grandma didnt even look a thing like Alex..

My Fanfics
Old 09/16/2005, 7:17 PM
I'm watching you.
Staff Alumnus

I don't exactly remember the episode in detail like that. A "Mrs." can be a grandma, that's all. Ok, I realize now that it wasn't her. Thank you for correcting me peoples.

Old 09/16/2005, 7:21 PM
26/07/16!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Knickers
The grandma didnt even look a thing like Alex..
Thats because it wasnt Alex Its just a random extra....

Old 09/16/2005, 7:51 PM
0ld sk00l

Quote:
Originally posted by funny_guy

Thats because it wasnt Alex Its just a random extra....

Yeah..i know...

lol..

My Fanfics
Old 09/17/2005, 10:20 AM
Regular

Thanks. I think she was the person who made everyone laugh by messing up her lines. She had a cheat sheet on her wrist at one point and also I also saw her put it in her pocket. The outtakes were hilarious!!!