Go Back   Planet MADtv > Our Database > MADtv Repository > MADtv Episode Guide > Season 11 (2005-2006)
Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01/27/2006, 12:00 AM
Domo Arigato, Mrs. Roboto
Content Robot

Post Episode S11E12 (Aired 2006-01-28)

Cast: Ike Barinholtz, Frank Caliendo, Crista Flanagan, Daniele Gaither, Keegan-Michael Key, Bobby Lee, Michael McDonald, Arden Myrin, Nicole Parker, Jordan Peele

Featuring: Nicole Randall Johnson
  • Music Video: Hilary Duff "Sake Of My Fame" (Arden- Hilary Duff)
  • Walk The Line: Deleted Footage (Arden- Reese Witherspoon: June Carter Cash, Michael- Joaquin Phoenix: Johnny Cash, Frank Cal- Philip Seymour Hoffman: Truman Capote)
  • Montel Chilliams (Jordan- Montel Williams, Nicole P- Janice)
  • Deadwood (Ike- Timothy Olyphant: Seth Bullock, Frank Cal- Ian McShane: Al Swearengen, Arden- Molly Parker: Alma Garret, Bobby- Keone Young: Mr. Wu, Nicole P- Robin Weigert: Calamity Jane, Crista- Geri Jewell: Jewel)
  • Jordan's Driving Lesson #1 (Ike- Himself, Jordan- Himself, Bobby- Himself)
  • Grey's Anatomy (Crista- Ellen Pompeo: Meredith Grey, Michael- Patrick Dempsey: Derek Shepherd, Bobby- Sandra Oh: Cristina Yang, Arden- Katherine Heigl: Isobel "Izzie" Stevens, Frank Cal- T.R. Knight: George O'Malley, Ike- Justin Chambers: Alex Karev, Keegan- Isaiah Washington: Preston Burke, Daniele- Chandra Wilson: Miranda Bailey, Nicole RJ- Crumpacker, Jordan)
  • Luann Lockhart: Warm Up Act #1 (Crista- Luann Lockhart)
  • Ka-Son: Partial Payment (Keegan, Nicole RJ- Ka Son)
  • Luann Lockhart: Warm Up Act #2 (Crista- Luann Lockhart)
  • My Loss Is Your Gain (Michael- Don Preston, Crista, Daniele, Arden- Marilyn Renwick)
  • Jordan's Driving Lesson #2 (Ike- Himself, Jordan- Himself, Bobby- Himself)

Last edited by tvmanismadformad; 06/09/2010 at 10:26 PM.

Old 01/27/2006, 9:10 AM
w00t!

Default Re: Episode #1112 (Aired 01.28.06)

Quote:
Originally posted by Dartanian

And the return of Luann Lockhart.
OHMYGAHHHHHHHHH!!!!

IT'S CRAZY!

I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR SO LONG.

but im okay...really.

***Winner of Worst Username in the '05 Planet MADtv Awards***
Old 01/28/2006, 12:50 AM
Darth Tater
Staff Alumnus

My predicition for the Grey's Anatomy sketch:

Crista- Ellen Pompeo: Meredith Grey, Nicole- Katherine Heigl: Izzie Stevens, Frank Caeti- T.R. Knight: George O'Malley, Bobby- Sandra Oh: Christina Yang, Ike- Justin Chambers: Alex Karev, Daniele- Chandra Wilson: Miranda Bailey, Jordan- James Pickens Jr: Richard Webber, Keegan- Isaiah Washington: Preston Burke, Arden- Kate Walsh: Addison Shepherd, Michael- Patrick Dempsey: Derek Shepherd

Yes, I watch this show and have thought about it. Let's see how close I am.

Old 01/28/2006, 7:04 AM
I'm back, bitchesss!

Hmm. I haven't seen one of these shows that they're going to do a parody of. Or the Johnny Cash movie. I've seen the Hilary Duff video on Disney Channel. It's a parody of "Beat of my Heart". I hope I will like Luann this time. Last time...

Member of Club Juno the most kickass character of The Descent
Old 01/28/2006, 1:52 PM
Bender: still great

Hmmm, two TV parodies in the same show? One per ep is alright, but two is a bit much. (Of course if they're both good then it won't matter. )

As for Luanne, I also hope it's good too, but then again I wouldn't be surprised if it sucked either.

Old 01/28/2006, 2:14 PM
Hardcore Fan

This episode sounds funneh. Besides the parodies of shows I barely watch. =[

I peed muh pants when I saw the thing about the Luanne Lockhart.

Luanne = Love.
Old 01/28/2006, 7:14 PM
BREAKING BENJAMIN

The entire "Sake of My Fame" sketch is available on Verizon Wireless' VCAST, if anyone has it. Arden plays Hillary, and its a spoof of the "Beat of My Heart" video, and it's all about Hillary supposedly being anorexic and how "the media hounds with every gained pound". In the version I saw, she says "who gives a f***", and its uncut. Unless I heard it wrong. Arden has insanely white teeth in it also. But it's not very funny, IMO...

Old 01/28/2006, 7:50 PM
Staff Alumnus
Staff Alumnus

The MAD clip of the week has a clip up to and a litte bit past that part. It sounds like she says f***, but I think she says fun.
Old 01/29/2006, 12:44 AM
don't eat another nut...
Staff Alumnus

i thought this ep was pretty good... it constantly got better with each sketch I found... except for the one at the end with mike...
that was crazy about the ending to the cable TV phone sketch... i bet that was the 2nd take (crazy improv take), so i wonder how it actually ended. i thought the greys anatomy sketch was funny at first and then by the end it had gotten hilarious... could've done without the breasts tho

but yeah i'm glad mad did a full out parody of this show... lately they've done parodies that end too soon... this one lasted long enough to tickle my funny bone.... and Daniele was AWESOME!

"EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!" ~ Raven

I Swear To God I'm Not Insane!

"The world needs humour like it needs love" ~ Debra Wilson

P.F.F ~ Puddin' Fans Forever!
Old 01/29/2006, 12:46 AM
Staff Alumnus
Staff Alumnus

Nicole RJ's cable company sketch was HILARIOUS! That was definitely the best sketch of the night for me. I also loved her as the severed head. "Aww, I'd play a violin for you but I can't..I DON'T HAVE A NECK" haha or something to that effect. If they don't bring Nicole back next season I will be majorly disappointed.

Other highlights of the episode were Luann Lockhart and Nicole P's and Crista's parts in the "Deadwood" parody. Also the Hilary Duff video. Arden was great there, as well as the "Walk the Line" parody. Her Reese Witherspoon impression was pretty good, and the only thing I found intriguing because I've never seen the movie or anything. Arden, Crista, and Nicole RJ were awesome in this episode.

The Ike/Bobby/Jordan driving lesson thing was really stupid. I don't want to see Bobby in his underwear anymore for the LOVE OF GOD. ...The Montel Williams sketch was just ok. Jordan does a great impression but the sketch was just weird. Um, Jordan sure was a pro at rolling that joint. Something tells me he's got quite a bit of experience in that area. Amsterdam, anyone? Yeah, and the Grey's Anatomy sketch was really lost on me, but as I mentioned before, Nicole RJ as the severed head was awesome.

Not sure if I missed anything, but if I did, oh well...it must have been very forgettable.
Old 01/29/2006, 12:58 AM
Run & Tell DAT! Homeboy!

Default Show notes 1112

• Oh, sh!t! A music parody!
  • Oh, sh!t! A good music parody!
  • I still think Nicole would have been better, though. But I guess Arden has more of that "I haven't eaten in three months" look
  • That Johnny Cash sketch really didn't make a whole lotta sense.
  • Damn, I didn't know Montel was still on the air. Why is he still on the air?
  • Jordan's impression wasn't as good as the one in 922.
  • I want that Dr. Bongenstein.
  • Never seen Deadwood, but that sketch was still funny
  • I like these behind the scenes cast member interaction sketches. They should do more of these.
  • Seriously, is that black guy in the car a writer?
  • Not much to say about the Grey's Anatomy sketch.
  • Or the audience warmer sketch.
  • Wow, that cable company sketch is so true.
  • Especially since it was ComCast.
  • All right, Jamie Pressley guest stars. I always pictured her on MADtv.
  • I feel sorry for Micheal's character in that garage sale sketch. That's why when it comes to hoes, I just hit it and quit it.

Old 01/29/2006, 9:24 AM
Bender: still great

Sh!t sh!t sh!t missed this episode...and I really wanted to see it too... SH!T!!!!!!

Old 01/29/2006, 11:17 AM
Hawt bytch
Staff Alumnus

Wow. I thought this episode was amazing. The only thing I thought was like bad, was the Walk the Line thing. That was weird. Luann didn't disappoint me. I've never seen Deadwood, but it was funnnyyy. And the Grey's Anatomy sketch was good, and I haven't even seen dat before either. Nicole RJ's character was good too. And yeah... good stuff

Selena Luna = Best. Castmember. Ever.
Old 01/29/2006, 11:24 AM
Hardcore Fan

Great episode, loved everything.
Old 01/29/2006, 11:28 AM
Staff Alumnus
Staff Alumnus

Sake of My Fame: The MAD clip of the week was pretty much the entire video, but it was good. WAY too many cheezy effects. Kind of an overkill.

Johnny Cash: Arden was good here. And by good, I mean good looking. I'm not sure who that one guy was who was in love with Johnny Cash, though.

Montel: Drug jokes don't do much for me.

Deadwood: If it wasn't primarily "Larry King says..." I would have liked it a lot more. Haven't seen the show, but I thought it was good.

Grey's Anatomy: Never seen the show, but I found myself laughing at Daniele. It was annoying at first, but by the end I couldn't stop. Good use of Nicole RJ. The whole Jordan-boobs thing was creepy.

Teaching Jordan to Drive: Bleh. No more Bobby half naked!

Luanne 1+2: I don't remember the first one, but I think it might have been funnier than this one. It had its moments. It's official: Crista's great at being awkward.

Comcast: Nicole RJ is going to be a castmember next season, everything she's in she's great. The end of the sketch was confusing, but I liked it. We need more outtakes, or those little blips we had last season.

I fell asleep when the Michael sketch came on, so can't really review that. Doesn't sound great though.

Last edited by nick; 01/29/2006 at 7:50 PM.
Old 01/29/2006, 12:57 PM
Hawt bytch
Staff Alumnus

Did anyone else notice in that yardsale sketch, Arden's character was wearing the same shirt Crista wore in the Luann sketch in 1016? Looked better on Crista

Selena Luna = Best. Castmember. Ever.
Old 01/29/2006, 3:50 PM
Darth Tater
Staff Alumnus

Crista's impression of Ellen Pompeo was brilliant, and Arden and Jordan's parts were hilarious. I didn't like Daniele in that sketch at all though. What the hell was up with George sucking on the man-boobs? That's the most random, hilarious thing I've seen from MAD all season.

Old 01/29/2006, 4:27 PM
w00t!

Quote:
Originally posted by newt007
Did anyone else notice in that yardsale sketch, Arden's character was wearing the same shirt Crista wore in the Luann sketch in 1016? Looked better on Crista
Yeah I noticed that. Stephnie also wore it in a season 9 sketch, but I don't know which one.

Hey, maybe we should put it in the "props" section

I thought this episode was pretty good. Full review to come.

***Winner of Worst Username in the '05 Planet MADtv Awards***
Old 01/29/2006, 5:29 PM
What the...?

Quote:
Originally posted by nickOFmacedonia
[Johnny Cash: Arden was good here. And by good I mean good looking. I'm not sure who that one guy was who was in love with Johnny Cash, though.

. [/B]
It was Truman Capote, or Philip Seymor Hoffman as Truman Capote. Both films are ahead in the oscar race. Frank's impression wasn't bad.

Why girls like the A's (Screaming Girls)
Old 01/29/2006, 6:46 PM
I'm back, bitchesss!

Honestly one of the best episodes of the season, I thought. The only ones I didn't really laugh in were the Montel one and the Comcast sketch.

I probably would have liked Comcast if I could understand what the hell NRJ was saying. I swear to God I did not catch one single word she said except for "Dookie".

And I actually laughed during the second Luanne sketch where she was like, "'YOU'RE FIRED!' that's what my boss said to me when he wanted to rape me and I said, 'No'".

Member of Club Juno the most kickass character of The Descent