Go Back   Planet MADtv > Everything Else > Off-topic Discussion > Movies
Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07/05/2004, 11:53 PM
Remember me?

you'd think they'd get a comedic performer to host....i mean that crap was not funny and the dance number was a total time waster....ugh, i wonder whos hosting the VMA's, i hope its ryan seacrest...hes so awesome *more sarcasm*

Old 07/06/2004, 10:14 AM
okay :|

Somebody at MTV just liked her two new "friends"

Old 10/23/2004, 12:02 AM
I'm watching you.
Staff Alumnus

Default got milk?

Old 06/07/2010, 1:08 AM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

I felt the show was average this year. I've seen better ones, like the 2005 one.

I liked Aziz Azari's hosting, but I found it a little odd that I think Tom Cruise may have had more screen time than Aziz, which is pretty bad if you are the host. I did like the character Tom was playing though. I haven't seen Tropic Thunder where I've heard he's from (mostly because my parents said it was just terrible), but I thought that this was a very interesting character. If a movie was made starring Les, I would probably see it.

Also, how bad was Kristen Stewart's award speeches. She sounded like a fill in child in an elementary school play.

The best speech had to be Ken Jeong's. It was so refreshing to see that kind of soft side to him after playing so many wacky characters, and even though for anyone else it would be really lame to cry accepting an MTV Movie Award, to see Ken show such love for his wife after all she's been through had to be hands down the sweetest and one of the best moments of the show.

The best part of the night however had to be Katy Perry's performance. I couldn't really hear it because I was too focused on her big, tanned and oiled up breasts juggling and almost busting out of her shirt. If I need to provide evidence, may I present exhibit A (or possibly DD)

To summarize my other feelings. Kiss between Sandra and Scarlett too short after painfully long lead up, like last year too many wins for Twilight, and 1 minute of Justin Bieber is one minute too long (a Justin Bieber hater, I'm so original).

Rise from the Dead!

Planet MADtv (August 28th 2002- August 28th 2009, August 28th 2010)

Last edited by tvmanismadformad; 06/07/2010 at 1:54 AM.
Old 06/07/2010, 10:53 AM
Resident Movie Snob <3

I got home kinda late and this was on replay, so I checked it out, because I have on occasion, laughed at Aziz Ansari. But apparently, he wasn't really hosting, because Tom Cruise commandeered the show in his never-ending quest to be likable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvmanismadformad View Post
I haven't seen Tropic Thunder where I've heard he's from (mostly because my parents said it was just terrible), but I thought that this was a very interesting character.
I loved Tropic Thunder, but on a serious note, WHO LISTENS TO THEIR PARENTS ABOUT COMEDIES?
Les Grossman, in the movie, was ok, cause it was like, 20 minutes, at most altogether. This was an abortion and annoying and he interrupted Ed Helms doing the Tiger Lullaby and that honestly should have been nominated for an Oscar. But I digress...

How many times did the F-bomb drop during this show?
Holy shit. I curse a lot, but damn. It's like, the only way they can get through to the tween/teen demographic or something now?

Also, remember when movies like Pulp Fiction won Best Movie?
WTF is Twilight? I've never seen it, but I know it's so popular and made a shitload of money, so that lead actress should stop acting like a sullen **** and thank her vapid fans. How ungrateful.

Sandra Bullock wins a BS award because her husband fucked a nazi.

Zach Galifianakis was smart and didn't show up.

It was horrible and I'm ashamed I even saw it. Aziz wasn't even funny, because all he did was stupid parodies for MTV to put online. Here's my final point:
You don't need to constantly curse, yell, or say dumb shit to be funny.
And WTF is Twilight?

I think I just turned 40.

-------------------------------
"Tacocat is spelled the same backwards and fowards!"
Shawn 2/6/87 - 12/5/04

-------------------------------
Old 06/07/2010, 3:29 PM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by PitaPockets View Post
I loved Tropic Thunder, but on a serious note, WHO LISTENS TO THEIR PARENTS ABOUT COMEDIES?
I already wasn't crazy about the movie from the beginning, so when my parents said that they couldn't even get through the whole movie because it was so bad, I looked at that as a reason not to see it.

Quote:
How many times did the F-bomb drop during this show?
Holy shit. I curse a lot, but damn. It's like, the only way they can get through to the tween/teen demographic or something now?

Also, remember when movies like Pulp Fiction won Best Movie?
WTF is Twilight? I've never seen it, but I know it's so popular and made a shitload of money, so that lead actress should stop acting like a sullen **** and thank her vapid fans. How ungrateful.

Sandra Bullock wins a BS award because her husband fucked a nazi.
I really didn't like the f-bombs. F-bombs are ok at some points because that's just life, but if they have to keep bleeping it out, then it ruins everything. Like the scene with Will Ferrel and Mark Walberg. Mark Walberg wouldn't stop swearing, and because of the fact that they had to bleep it out all the time, you couldn't understand what they were saying, because the words that weren't bleeped out didn't make sense because you weren't getting the full sentence.

When I heard that the first Twilight was coming out 5 months before it did, and I started hearing people saying outside of context that they couldn't wait for it to come out because they loved the books so much, I knew this was going to never end. God I'm beginning to hate award shows. Twilight wins the MTVMA's every year, 30 Rock, the Daily Show, and Mad Men win the Emmy's every year. It's getting to the point where it's really not worth watching these shows anymore.

Yeah Sandra's ex fucking a Nazi does seem like the only reason she would get that. I mean look at the previous winners. Jim Carrey, Mike Myers, Tom Cruise. She doesn't quite fit.

Quote:
I think I just turned 40.
Welcome. I've been apart of the 40 before 40 club for years!

Rise from the Dead!

Old 06/07/2010, 8:52 PM
D2F

Downloading the Katie Perry performance in 1080i off rapidshare. Should be done in the next 5-6 days.

An invariant mass requires rest energy without a HITCH, which makes Newton's second law as it appears in a nonrelativistic classical mechanics sitch, BIATCH.

Founding member of Club Juno the most kickass character of The Descent
Old 06/10/2010, 7:42 PM
Ready for a change
Active Supporter

omg that song of hers is truly awful.before i heard the song i had heard how its the perfect pop song etc etc,but its quite bad.she is quite hot however and i think i would be up for a 3some with her and russel brand

I liked aubrey plaza during the presenting for the shit my pants(whatever) catergory.
Old 06/11/2010, 12:05 AM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarzapam View Post
omg that song of hers is truly awful.before i heard the song i had heard how its the perfect pop song etc etc,but its quite bad.she is quite hot however and i think i would be up for a 3some with her and russel brand
I like it because it just reminds me of that 80's type pop music. Back when music was really good. I would be up for having sex with her as well but I would hope Russell Brand would not be anywhere near there. I hate that unfunny ass!

Quote:
I liked aubrey plaza during the presenting for the shit my pants(whatever) catergory.
She really loves playing that "I don't give a fuck about anything" character a lot. I think if she played a bubbly character after this it would be just the funniest thing because it would be such a departure from her usual characters.

Rise from the Dead!

Old 06/11/2010, 2:04 AM
D2F

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvmanismadformad View Post
80's type pop music. Back when music was really good
Does not compute.

An invariant mass requires rest energy without a HITCH, which makes Newton's second law as it appears in a nonrelativistic classical mechanics sitch, BIATCH.

Founding member of Club Juno the most kickass character of The Descent
Old 06/11/2010, 2:49 AM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

Well I might be a little bias, since MuchMore up here has been running the VH1 special 100 One Hit Wonders of the 80's. but I still think that 80's music was the last truly great decade in music front to back. The rest just really hasn't compaired.

Rise from the Dead!

Old 06/12/2010, 3:36 AM
Ready for a change
Active Supporter

no i can't agree with u....the 90's is the great musical decade.think about the macarena
Old 06/12/2010, 4:00 AM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

I would rather not think about the macarena.

Rise from the Dead!