Go Back   Planet MADtv > Everything Else > Off-topic Discussion > Movies
Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07/26/2008, 9:25 PM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

I saw the movie a few days ago, and it was good, but the problems I had with it was that the story was too long, too complicated, and distorted the truth. I don't know if it's the fact that I didn't see the first movie (if this makes my points moot, sorry) but it seemed so complicated with different mob groups, and traveling to Hong Kong (which I was confused about because that made me think where is Gothem City) and two-face to go along with it. I thought the movie was over when Joker was captured by the soon to be commishoner guy (whatever his name was). I would have liked it if they had kept two-face for the next move. When I went in I didn't even know two face was in this one. Also, if Jokers going to jail, won't he break out again like he did before? When I entered I though Katie Homes played Rachael in the first movie. If she did then why did they bring the character back with a different actress just to kill her off half way through? Also, the backstory by what I know was completely changed. I though Jokers face got like that when a bullet hit him in the mouth that severed his muscles in that part of his face in a fight with Batman, and he fell in toxic stuff to give him his face from the first Batman movie. That one was interesting, and made him more of a villain. In this one he's just a freak who's father cut his mouth into a smile. There is a difference between toxic goo and just a few cuts. Two-faces origins were wrong due to the fact that I know that it was acid that caused his face to burn off, but the change there was actually better I felt. The reason why Batman didn't want to be a hero was so stupid. I didn't get it at all?

As for the acting, I didn't like Chrisitian Bale. His voice as Batman was so hoarse that I wanted to say get a cough drop. Heath Ledger as Joker was good, but I hate these people who think that he deserves an Oscar for the role. If he was still alive I guarentee no one would be saying this (I'm not going to go over now how I am not sad about his death). Aaron Eckhart should have been saved for the next movie. His role just made the movie too long (P.S. Was he still breathing when he was said to be dead?).

I know this is long, and not very well written, but it's hard for me to really separate everything I am thinking. Overall it was still a good movie, but I probably wouldn't have felt this way if it wasn't for the fact that it was too long.

Rise from the Dead!

Planet MADtv (August 28th 2002- August 28th 2009, August 28th 2010)

Old 07/26/2008, 10:17 PM
MADtv Fan Since 1995 EST.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvmanismadformad View Post
I saw the movie a few days ago, and it was good, but the problems I had with it was that the story was too long, too complicated, and distorted the truth. I don't know if it's the fact that I didn't see the first movie (if this makes my points moot, sorry) but it seemed so complicated with different mob groups, and traveling to Hong Kong (which I was confused about because that made me think where is Gothem City) and two-face to go along with it. I thought the movie was over when Joker was captured by the soon to be commishoner guy (whatever his name was). I would have liked it if they had kept two-face for the next move. When I went in I didn't even know two face was in this one. Also, if Jokers going to jail, won't he break out again like he did before? When I entered I though Katie Homes played Rachael in the first movie. If she did then why did they bring the character back with a different actress just to kill her off half way through? Also, the backstory by what I know was completely changed. I though Jokers face got like that when a bullet hit him in the mouth that severed his muscles in that part of his face in a fight with Batman, and he fell in toxic stuff to give him his face from the first Batman movie. That one was interesting, and made him more of a villain. In this one he's just a freak who's father cut his mouth into a smile. There is a difference between toxic goo and just a few cuts. Two-faces origins were wrong due to the fact that I know that it was acid that caused his face to burn off, but the change there was actually better I felt. The reason why Batman didn't want to be a hero was so stupid. I didn't get it at all?

As for the acting, I didn't like Chrisitian Bale. His voice as Batman was so hoarse that I wanted to say get a cough drop. Heath Ledger as Joker was good, but I hate these people who think that he deserves an Oscar for the role. If he was still alive I guarentee no one would be saying this (I'm not going to go over now how I am not sad about his death). Aaron Eckhart should have been saved for the next movie. His role just made the movie too long (P.S. Was he still breathing when he was said to be dead?).

I know this is long, and not very well written, but it's hard for me to really separate everything I am thinking. Overall it was still a good movie, but I probably wouldn't have felt this way if it wasn't for the fact that it was too long.
Well thanks for the respect of the movie it's self..

i liked the joker from 2008 just as much as i did in 1989 and i believe that if they ever bring out another Dark Night movie the Joker will not be the same because what happen to heath
Old 07/28/2008, 1:53 AM
Ready for a change
Active Supporter

i hardly think they were gonna replicate things from the 90's batman movies,like how the joker becomes the joker and two face becomes two face etc etc etc.
Also...in this movie,the joker tells 2 different stories about how he got his scars,both lies i'd imagine.

ANNNNDDD...i have to side with kurt on the katie/maggie front.I cared more that she died because of the actressess portrayal..i imagine if it had still been katie holmes i wouldn't of cared as much
Old 08/22/2008, 6:56 PM
Fresh Meat

I'm a batman fan of the original series. Not the cheap remakes since. But I really liked this one, Heath was absolutely amazing as the joker, can't even imagine anyone else playing the part. I loved the ending, even though I knew what happened it surprised me a little. The special effects were very creative, love the pencil scene made me wince a little. All the parts seemed like they were written and made for the actors who played them.

Old 08/29/2008, 7:35 PM
dfsvrg

I saw this the day it came out. I really only went to see it because there were three hot guys in it (Christian Bale, Heath Ledger, Aaron Eckhart). It was a good movie, but I was drooling too much to focus....