Go Back   Planet MADtv > Sketch Comedy > General Discussion
Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03/26/2002, 2:21 AM
Regular

Default Best/Worst Sketch Ever

What sketch do you think is the best ever and what do you think is the worst ever?

Best ever:
FANatic with Nicole Sullivan and Will Sasso. I laughed so hard when I saw this. Very funny, and a very clever idea, too.

Worst ever:
I forgot the season it came from, but it was from one of the Pat Kilbane seasons. The sketch was about some Turkish website which showed two Turkish guys played by Kilbane and Will Sasso on their site dancing and doing some stupid things for the entire sketch. Absolutely awful, stereotypical, and embarassing. I don't think I've seen any other sketch as bad as this. The only other sketch that comes to mind is that stupid "Put Down the Gun" with Christian Duguay and Michael McDonald which was nothing but yelling the same thing for 5 minutes.

Old 03/26/2002, 8:29 AM
Angie -- Michael McD fan!
Staff Alumnus

Quote:
Originally posted by R&S Fan
The only other sketch that comes to mind is that stupid "Put Down the Gun" with Christian Duguay and Michael McDonald which was nothing but yelling the same thing for 5 minutes.
LOL I agree that was stupid, but I still laughed at it.

God, it'll take awhile to think about what the best and worst are for me. I'm tempted to go with either Popstars or the really recent "You Sound Like Me" video as the best ever. I guess since "You Sound Like Me" was totally unpredictable and stayed a step ahead of me at every turn, and was clever and hilarious all the way through, I'll go with that. That was the greatest to me. It had all the elements come together perfectly.

As for the worst, that Turkish one you mentioned sounds like a good one to pick. I barely remember it, which isn't a good sign for it. The worst is even harder to choose because if I don't like them, I never watch them again, so they're kind of in one ear and out the other.

Guard: Lift up your shirt, son.
Chris: I need an adult! I need an adult!
Guard: You're not a shoplifter, you're just a fat kid. Sorry about that fatty fat fatty. Hey Tom, he's just a fat kid! Aren't you, fatty? You're just a big ol' fat kid. Here's some chocolate, fatso.
Chris: Thanks!
Lois: Oh, honey, no one thinks you're fat.
Lifeguard: I'm sorry ma'am, you can't park your van on the diving board.
Lois: This is my son!
Lifeguard: Oh. My apologies. Hey Tom! He's not a van, he's just a fat kid!
--Family Guy
Old 03/26/2002, 4:56 PM
David Herman Fan/ poof ;)

Best ever: either the one where David Herman is a senator who sees naked boys in paintings, or the christmas one where David is putting the horse together.

Worst: I dunno, but I don't think it's the Turkish one. Was this supposed to be the guy who used to be on Letterman playing ping pong and saying "I kiss you,David Letterman"?

Old 03/26/2002, 7:11 PM
Get down tonight!

Thumbs Up

This is too hard! How to pick just one of each? I didn't understand that Mahir one either, but I figure it must mean something because I've seen it around the web a few times. Mahir this and Mahir that. Who knows??

One of my all time favourites would have to be the Britney video, but everyone says that, so maybe I should choose something else. For now I will go with Tres Companeros, because when it was on I loved it so much, I rewound it and watched it about 10 times in a row, and it inspired me to tape MADtv episodes to keep, instead of watching them once and recording over them as I had been doing before that sketch came on.

Old 03/26/2002, 7:48 PM
Casual Fan

Bests: some old, some new

Turner Classics with Ike & Tina(1996)

I thought this was hysterical with Debra Wilson acting like Tina Turner as Red Riding Hood and Ike as the wolf(forget the actor's name) having that insane look in his eyes

Ike="And I don't get to wear the cape?"

Terms of Imprisonment(1996)

I love the bathtub scene with the Barbara Streisand spoof!

Kenny Rogers sketches(love them all! My personal fave is the psychic hotline scetch with the two mediums, Debra & Nicole)

Ms. Swan going to the theaters. Hillarious. Hello?

I frankly love Arnold and Maria sketches, too. Remember Arnold rehearsing his lines to his wife and saying she looks like an anorexic clown!? That was funny!

And finally, Stuart sketches!

Worst:

Pop Star scetch. Stupid scetch of beginning females being accepted to sing.

I don't want to!-Stuart
Old 03/26/2002, 7:54 PM
#2 of 7

Best

There are so many, but besides anything "Retro-Swan", "Vague" (season 1, or maybe 2) comes to mind.

I can't think of anything I hated...

Old 03/26/2002, 10:23 PM
Ready for a change
Active Supporter

yeah i pretty much love it all but i didn't really like the ones with chris hogan and he had a business and blah blah i can barley remember cause i don't like it
Old 03/27/2002, 5:19 PM
Fresh Meat

There are so many from the early seasons that I loved. "Raging Rudolph" is a classic, one they ought to repeat every Christmas season. "Lowered Expectations" is one of the funniest concepts in sketch comedy. One of my all-time favorites was "Wonder Rake 5000" ("There's gotta be a better way!"), and I love the bank teller ("Problem? I don't have a problem. You know why? Because I'm behind the glass!"). As for the recent seasons, I dig Stuart, the "Fan Club" sketch with the two Craig Kilborn fanatics, Craig Anton's towel monologues (if you've ever seen Blaine Capatch's stand-up, you can tell he wrote those) and Will Sasso's hysterical Lance Bass Show.

I'd have to agree with the Turkish website thing being the worst sketch. MadTV doesn't often suck, but someone needs to be slapped for that one.

=====
"They don't tell me what the plots are about."
Old 03/28/2002, 8:45 AM
Father Jack

one of the funniest sketches i can think of is the one where
they spoofed tae bo and where aries played billy blanks
i thought that was pretty good because they used to show madtv
here in australia really late and they had that tae bo infomercial
on before it so that was pretty good timing

worst sketch? i dont know most probably a stuart one because
sometimes it can be very boring and predictable

Old 03/28/2002, 7:07 PM
Casual Fan

Clops

I like the spoof on the old G.I Joe, Barbie, and cops immitation!

I don't want to!-Stuart
Old 03/30/2002, 9:47 PM
Ready for a change
Active Supporter

i liked paddington bear in the clops sketch
how he kept exposing himself to people
Old 03/30/2002, 10:38 PM

I think the Seth Green and Alex greeting card sketch was the best ever. I think I broke an intestine when Seth rammed into that desk with his chair over and over again. The best recurring character was that lady played by Alex who would sing everything she was thinking out loud and wouldn't notice it.

The worst sketch was the Bill Clinton "Mambo #6" because all they did was dress Will up as Clinton and had him sing Mambo #5, they didn't even change the words. Then he did his favorite clumsy move and started tripping over set pieces and acting like a idiot.
Old 04/01/2002, 11:53 AM
Rufff Rufff!!!

One of the worst had to be that one this season where Mike/ Stephnie did this interview and there wasn't even laughter in the background!

Old 04/10/2002, 7:21 PM
Fresh Meat

Wort: Yes, Pop Stars. I am sick of that one. I can't believe TNN decided to KEEP that one instead of picking another sketch from the episode.

Best: God, there are so many..

I love when they do Music Videos. I loved when Will does Limp Bizkit (Fred Durst), especially the "Almost Famous 2" sketch.

I miss Nicole Sullivan. She had that character. Ugh, what was she called? She's got a cat.

Oh, when Will did the "Crouching Cops, Hidden Badges" sketch and tried to fly. He kept breaking peoples necks because they "Didn't believe". That was great.

There was the episode that they did the "Radio Shack" commercials. "You've got questions, we're beginning to have them too." Even my Dad laughed at that when I was watching it at a friends house. Als from that episode was the "West Wing" parody with them walking around all the corridors.

The Spishak "Taste Test" where everyone picked the other brand except one person who didn't taste a difference so she picked the Spishak randomly.

Oh, and whenever they do a Spanish parody of a classic TV show. Like "La Isla de Gilligan" or the "Star Trek" parody. And the "Kirk and Spock" show with Martha Stewart.

OOH!!! And the "George Lucas Interview at Skywalker Ranch" where the "Ranch" is a little house. And they drive the Golf Cart through the drive thru.

Almost any time they do a Lowered Expectations sketch.

There are more...
Old 04/10/2002, 7:25 PM
Fresh Meat

Can't forget about the "Rocket Revengers" sketches. They may be slightly racist, but they're darn funny at parodying how TV was like in the 50's.

Especially when they did the Rocket Revengers Movie in "Excite-o-color". Everything's bright Yellow, Green, Red, Blue, Orange, Purple and such.
Old 04/10/2002, 10:07 PM
Ready for a change
Active Supporter

that reminded me of kids say the stupidest things sketch
that was so funny
Old 04/11/2002, 3:10 PM
Rufff Rufff!!!

THe Season 4+ Vancome sketches were all fantastic!

Old 04/12/2002, 11:00 AM
Father Jack

does anyone here remember the "talkin american" sketches
with will and aries as two foreign guys i thought those were pretty funny especially aries's african accent i dont know why they dont do them anymore because will and aries are still castmembers

Old 04/12/2002, 3:45 PM
Fresh Meat

Yeah, I loved the Talkin' American sketches. They were pretty good.

Old 04/12/2002, 7:23 PM
Regular

yeah when they had howard stern on cuz he was "the king of arminia"