Go Back   Planet MADtv > Sketch Comedy > General Discussion
Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Notices

View Post Old 11/20/2001, 10:16 AM
Mel
This message is hidden because Mel was banned from the site.
View Post Old 11/21/2001, 2:39 PM
Mel
This message is hidden because Mel was banned from the site.
Old 11/21/2001, 4:43 PM
Angie -- Michael McD fan!
Staff Alumnus

I love Michael...he's my favorite cast member. I agree that his recurring characters are starting to get old though. I recently saw the very first Rusty sketch on TNN and I thought he was adorable! But now, the newer ones...I don't know. They just don't have the same affect on me anymore.

The "This N That" sketches are usually good (in my opinion), but when he started doing the interviews with people like Drew Barrymore and Penny Marshall, they just lost their whole appeal to me. They felt like actual interviews...stupid interviews, instead of the ones like with Freddie Prinze Jr. and the Angel (David Boreanz?) guy. Remember when Freddie offered Rusty some Twizzlers and he couldn't get it opened? "to the makers of Twizzlers, how 'bout an easy opener? ho-kay!!" That sort of thing is what I found funny...the stupid little things that seemed like a mistake, like that. I felt like Drew and Penny were too "important" or something, for this type of sketch. I think they ought to leave the really popular celebrities to Will and Alex/Red Carpet.

As for Stuart, he's definitely getting old. Although, the last one with the baby wasn't half bad. But for the most part, I think we are seeing him way too much lately. What happened to Marvin Tikvah? Some of his sketches are a bit irritating as well, but at least we don't see him every other week.

And my biggest complaint, there are two characters that I've seen Michael do and he hasn't done them a second time! I know I've said this before, but it's worth repeating. The Popstars character he played was so incredibly funny!! It aired again on the TNN channel, but they cut it all to hell. :-( I want more of the Popstars guy! And Francesco Kling with a 'K'! It's so weird, he looks so harmless most of the time, but when he's playing those creepy guys, he really becomes them. He's the best at them.

Oh yeah, and that Dateline one someone mentioned, that was GREAT! When he was playing Mr. Graham, I think? That one killed me! Yet another creepy guy!

Wow, that was a mouthful, sorry for going on and on! LOL

Angie

Guard: Lift up your shirt, son.
Chris: I need an adult! I need an adult!
Guard: You're not a shoplifter, you're just a fat kid. Sorry about that fatty fat fatty. Hey Tom, he's just a fat kid! Aren't you, fatty? You're just a big ol' fat kid. Here's some chocolate, fatso.
Chris: Thanks!
Lois: Oh, honey, no one thinks you're fat.
Lifeguard: I'm sorry ma'am, you can't park your van on the diving board.
Lois: This is my son!
Lifeguard: Oh. My apologies. Hey Tom! He's not a van, he's just a fat kid!
--Family Guy
Old 12/02/2001, 11:37 PM
Casual Fan

saturday's Tikvah skit with alex playing his daughter was really funny, I watched it with a couple of friends before we headed out for the night, and when he pulled that joke about sweating like an arab at the airport; I bursted out laughing. Definitly a classic for Marvin Tikvah

C'MOHN!

Old 12/21/2001, 9:06 PM
Fresh Meat

I don't think he or his characters are played out. I read in an interview with Michael that he likes to space out character so we don't get tired of them, three or four apperances a season. I personal like what he is doing with Atuart. He speaks more then just "Doooon't" and "Look What I can Do"

I fell that adds more to Stuart, and make him a little less redundant.

Michael's character's rule!

More Marvin......what IS up with that????

Old 12/29/2001, 12:50 AM
Casual Fan

Heart Rusty ans Stuart

I can't get enought of Mike............ With or with out makeup he is fine....and he is funny.....all his people........ I say more Stuart and Rusty!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11/01/2002, 2:15 PM
It SaYz NiPpLe HoUnD!

Default Which sketch wuz it?

I LOVE MICHAEL!!!! I love every single character he plays and my all time favorite character is Stuart!!! He is such a cutie! "Let me do it!!!" During season 4 he played a dad who walked around in his underwear in front of his daughter and her boyfriend. I don't remember what the name of that sketch was. Do any of you guyz know the name of that sketch in season 4?
Old 11/02/2002, 7:23 AM
Angie -- Michael McD fan!
Staff Alumnus

I think it was called "Goodnight Dad." The Thanksgiving one was my favorite of the 2 though. I think that was called "The Heater" and it was in season 5. That was back when I first started watching the show on a regular basis again. Such a funny sketch!

Does anyone know if they did anymore of those sketches? I don't think I've caught up on every episode fully, since TNN cut them in half. Although, my CBS station did play some full ones every night last year. But I didn't catch them all.

Guard: Lift up your shirt, son.
Chris: I need an adult! I need an adult!
Guard: You're not a shoplifter, you're just a fat kid. Sorry about that fatty fat fatty. Hey Tom, he's just a fat kid! Aren't you, fatty? You're just a big ol' fat kid. Here's some chocolate, fatso.
Chris: Thanks!
Lois: Oh, honey, no one thinks you're fat.
Lifeguard: I'm sorry ma'am, you can't park your van on the diving board.
Lois: This is my son!
Lifeguard: Oh. My apologies. Hey Tom! He's not a van, he's just a fat kid!
--Family Guy
Old 11/02/2002, 7:43 AM
Regular

^^that was the sketch were Nicole couldn't even talk, she was laughing too much, lol

"Good, cuz i nedd some turkey in this belly"