Go Back   Planet MADtv > Sketch Comedy > Front Page News
Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09/29/2003, 8:23 PM
Staff Alumnus
Staff Alumnus

Default Lots of MADtv news to report...

Sorry about the mass update, but there is so much to tell. First off, MADtv will be on hiatus for a while during the baseball games that will be airing on FOX. It will still air in most areas, but it will be re-airings of season 8 and may be delayed several hours.

I have quite a bit of Alex Borstein news. To begin with, it has been confirmed that she will be one of the alumni returning for the 200th episode of MADtv. She has also joined the cast of the new Warner Brothers film, Catwoman and will be working alongside Halle Berry, Sharon Stone, and Benjamin Bratt. Following these gigs, her one woman show will head to Chicago.

Former MADtv star Orlando Jones' late night FX talk show has been axed after just three months on the air, as I had guessed in an earlier news post. Ratings were low and Orlando became the second late night act to be taken off the air this week, along with Tom Green.

Christina Moore, a featured player of season 8, was not asked to return to MADtv for its ninth season. She got a better offer. She has been hired as the new replacement for Laurie on That 70's Show. Best of luck to her in the future.

Here's what's up with MADtv in the media. Debra Wilson is on the cover of this month's issue of The Juice and Josh Meyers is featured in the Young Hollywood issue of Teen Vogue. Both are available now.

That's all for right now, but we're always getting new MADtv news, so check back soon. A special thanks to cartman2002 once again for his contributions.

"If you want to be a better actor - a better lawyer, doctor, teacher - anything - be a better human being." ~ Debra Wilson

Old 09/29/2003, 8:45 PM
Yes, they're real.
Staff Alumnus

Wooo, kickass. Alex on the special episode! All I'm praying is for Nicole to be there too....

Old 09/29/2003, 11:20 PM
Hardcore Fan

WOW!!!, Second time in a couple weeks that my name has been mentioned in this forum.

HEY, if i keep this up who knows what will happened.
Old 10/12/2003, 4:52 PM
Totally F****able

I went to The Juice's website since I've no freakin clue where to get the magazine. I went there to read the interview with Debra. Apparently the website is a paysite so in order for me to read the article, I would've had to have paid 6 bucks.

Just a little note for anyone who wants to read it but can't find the magazine anywhere where they live.
Old 10/12/2003, 4:59 PM
Staff Alumnus
Staff Alumnus

Just to let you know, I have the Juice DVD featuring the interview w/ Debra cuz she sent it to me. It won't play on my regular DVD player and it loads kinda funky on my computer, pausing and stuff. I could maybe type out some of the interview if I get a chance. It's really good. My DVD is labled "promo use only", so I'm not sure if it normally comes along with the magazine or anything.

"If you want to be a better actor - a better lawyer, doctor, teacher - anything - be a better human being." ~ Debra Wilson