Go Back   Planet MADtv > Our Database > MADtv Repository > MADtv Episode Guide > Season 15 (2016)
Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Notices

View Poll Results: What was your Favourite Sketch of #1502?
Cold Open: Ike's Dressing Room 0 0%
Open: Ike & Bobby's Lovechild 0 0%
Princess Polly as a Parking Lot Attendant 1 16.67%
Blind Kung Fu Master: James Bond 0 0%
Rio 2016 Coverage 0 0%
Shark Tank #1-3 1 16.67%
Idina Menzel Vs Kristen Chenoweth 0 0%
Safe Space 3 50.00%
Miss Mullens Bullying Problem 1 16.67%
Close: Ike, Bobby, and Cast 0 0%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07/27/2016, 11:11 PM
Domo Arigato, Mrs. Roboto
Content Robot

Default Episode S15E02 (Aired 2016-08-02)

Cold Open: Ike's Dressing Room
Adam Ray and Amir K are hanging out in Ray's dressing room when Ike Barinholtz comes in. Turns out that Ray's dressing room is the same one that Barinholtz had when he was on the show. As Barinholtz shows, the secrets of the room are still around, as he shows Ray and K all of the secret stashes that he had hidden around the room, including a whiskey bottle in a vent, and pills in a light bulb. When Barinholtz goes to pop open a hidden wall, he finds a disheveled and bloody Bobby Lee. Lee had apparently been hiding in wall to surprise Barinholtz, but when the show was cancelled, he got stuck behind the wall. When K asks how Lee was able to survive in the back room without food for so long, Lee confesses to eating a personal assistant from the show. With the thought that Lee is going to be arrested for murder, they shove Lee back behind the wall.

Credits: Adam Ray (Himself), Amir K (Himself), Ike Barinholtz (Himself), Bobby Lee (Himself)

Open: Ike & Bobby's Lovechild
Ike Barinholtz and Bobby Lee come on set to confess that Lee has not been behind a wall for 8 years, but that he has been busy. Lee has grown a mustache and his body "now looks like a dumpling", and Barinholtz is now married with 2 kids. Lee is quick to correct him though, as he does not have 2 kids, he has 3 kids. Lee then introduces Barinholtz to Bike, his lovechild with Lee. After a party in which Barinholtz passed out, Lee was able to get his seed and make Bike. Barinholtz doesn't know what to make of Bike, so they leave to go backstage to connect and catch up.

Credits: Ike Barinholtz (Himself), Bobby Lee (Himself)

Princess Polly as a Parking Lot Attendant
Princess Polly (Carlie Craig), a very in character woman, is no longer allowed to work in a theme park due to budget cuts, and now has to work as a parking attendant. She embraces her new position as "Fairy Princess of the As-vault" but does not want to wear the safety vest, as it does not go with her outfit. After being hit by a car, she realizes that she must wear the safety vest for her own protection, but it does not help as she is hit by more cars. She enforces parking lot rules by telling a story of Cinderella's pumpkin getting keyed and tagged after it was parked in 3 spaces that annoy a parker (Adam Ray) enough to make him do what she wants. She is beginning to crack under the pressure though due to the frequent car impacts. As two people (Jeremy D. Howard and Lyric Lewis) come to help her, she finally cracks telling them "You're about to spend a small fortune to get into a park, where you'll stand in line for hours just to get into a ride where kids have peed on the seats!"

Credits: Amir K (Park Manager), Carlie Craig (Princess Polly), Piotr Michael (Male Park Visiter #1), Michelle Ortiz (Female Park Visiter #1), Adam Ray (Male Park Visiter #2), Jeremy D. Howard (Male Park Visiter #3), Lyric Lewis (Female Park Vister #2)

The Blind Kung Fu Master: James Bond
James Bond (Adam Ray), and his his female companion Ta-Ta Aplenty (Michelle Ortiz) have been captured by Dr. No (Piotr Michael), who has set up an industrial strength laser to cut him and Aplenty in half and make Bond "Half the man he use to be". As No leaves and the situation looks parlous, a proverb can be heard reverberating through No's evil cave lair. It is the Blind Kung Fu Master (Bobby Lee), Bond's former kung fu sense. As the Master fumbles and bumps his way to them, Bond tells him that to disarm the laser, he must cut the blue wire. After ceinging his beard which took him 67 years to grow, he tries to disconnect the laser, but can't because he has "no frame of reference for blue". As No returns to the chamber to find the Master. As the Master gets ready to duel No, No informs him that he leaves all of his fighting to the blocks. He should probably change the name of his fighter though, as he prefers to be called Henry (Jeremy D. Howard), and No's pronunciation of "blocks" sounds close to "blacks". As the Master runs to attack Henry, he accidentally runs into a liar of tigers and komodo dragons. With No and Henry leaving the scene, the Master emerges from the liar harmed but alive. He then is able to move and disable the laser saving Bond and Aplenty, but when Aplenty goes in for a kiss with Bond, it is revealed that her face had been scarred by the laser. He turns Aplenty to the Master as "he is the one who saved you" but even the Master is put off by Aplenty saying he know "a butter face" when he sees one.

Credits: Adam Ray (James Bond), Michelle Ortiz (Ta-Ta Aplenty), Piotr Michael (Ernst Stavro Blofeld), Bobby Lee (The Blind Kung Fu Master), Jeremy D. Howard (Henry "The Blocks")

Rio 2016 Coverage
Disgraced NBC newsman Brian Williams (Piotr Michael) is hosting NBC's coverage of the 2016 Summer Olympics in Rio De Janeiro because Bob Costas "cares about his life and refused to go to Brazil" due to Zika. Due to the Zika scare the contestants need to wear hazmat suits to do the swimming events. Though many athletes have refused to compete in Rio, this has left other athletes with a better shot at a medal. This includes Shawanda Jefferson (Jeremy D. Howard), a former bus driver in the rhythmic gymnastics program. As Brian Williams begins to fall ill to the Zika virus it reminds him of when he led coalition forces in Iraq. The feed cuts out before he can finish the story.

Credits: Piotr Michael (Brian Williams), Jeremy D. Howard (Shawanda Jefferson)

Shark Tank "Catch"
Best friends Alan Hobble (Ike Barinholtz) and Frank Wynn (Bobby Lee) enter the Shark Tank with their invention to "revolutionize the recreational sports industry" with their game called "Catch". A game where you throw a ball of any kind from any kind of length to someone and they throw it back in a game that can last any length of time the people choose. As the game gets shot down due to the fact that it is already a thing, they try to pitch a new game which is similar to "catch" only with a Frisbee, which they call a "diskee", and a "sandwich with 3 slices of bread" which is a club sandwich. They are promptly kicked out of the tank.

Credits: Ike Barinholtz (Alan Hobble), Bobby Lee (Frank Wynn), Adam Ray (Mark Cuban), Carlie Craig (Barbara Corcoran), Piotr Michael (Kevin O'Leary), Chelsea Davison (Lori Greiner), Amir K (Robert Herjavec)

Idina Menzel Vs Kristen Chenoweth
Lyric Lewis comes on stage to give a shout out to Joe Biden who is in the audience when she sees that Idina Menzel (Michelle Ortiz) is in the audience and invites her onstage. Menzel says that she has "been on Broadway for 20 years but that this has got to be the thrill of her career. I mean MADtv on the CW come on!" As Menzel begins to sing America the Beautiful in honour of Joe Biden, a voice steals her line from the audience. It is Kristin Chenoweth (Carlie Craig) who comes on stage much to Menzel's annoyance. When Lewis asks if they ever get competitive with each other, they begin to try and out sing each other with America the Beautiful, trying to top each other by Menzel bringing in Slash (Adam Ray) and Chenoweth shocking her vocal cords among other ploys. The sketch ends with them choking each other.

Credits: Lyric Lewis (Herself), Michelle Ortiz (Idina Menzel), Carlie Craig (Kristin Chenoweth), Adam Ray (Saul "Slash" Hudson), Jeremy D. Howard (Stevie Wonder), Amir K (Doctor)

Safe Space
Pendora (Michelle Ortiz) and Wolfgang (Adam Ray) of New Hampshire University Television introduce their show Safe Space which is non threatening, and throws no punches. They, and their panel of millennials or "palennials" Jahari (Lyric Lewis), and Carlos (Amir K). They try to get into issues like the election, but anytime someone brings up something, no matter what the topic or how it relates to the subject matter, one of them shuts down the conversation by saying that the topic is a "trigger" for them, meaning it brings up an unfortunate depressing part of their life. This includes things like Wolfgang triggering the word "headline" because it sounds like "hairline" which makes him self conscious about his hairline and Pendora triggering the word "washing machine" because her washing machine is broken. Their guest for the evening is Melissa McCarthy (Chelsea Davidson) who is on campus to do a lecture about comedy. She tries to relate to the group but they are triggering her for calling them all "guys" and for being a white feminist, which triggers Jahari. As the interview goes, and McCarthy is getting more annoyed with the hosts and palennials, she begins to fight back, telling them that she is "eye level" to Wolfgang's nut sack, but that the phrase "nut sack" must be a trigger "because not everyone has a nut sack, or because some people are allergic to nuts, or, or because we should be using reusable sacks". McCarthy then rolls off her bean bag chair and goes off stage. The show ends with Jahari and Carlos going off to "researchafying and autentificating" a paper and to attend therapy on top of therapy sessions respectively. Wolfgang and Pendora sign off of the show by getting into a trigger fight.

Credits: Adam Ray (Wolfgang), Michelle Ortiz (Pendora), Amir K (Carlos), Lyric Lewis (Jahari), Chelsea Davison (Melissa McCarthy)

Shark Tank "Furry Friend"
Hobble and Wynn return to to the tank in fake beards to "revolutionize the friend industry". One day, when Wynn was feeling lonely, he found his invention, a Furry, which is just a dog. They are kicked out of the tank again.

Credits: Adam Ray (Mark Cuban), Carlie Craig (Barbara Corcoran), Piotr Michael (Kevin O'Leary), Chelsea Davison (Lori Greiner), Amir K (Robert Herjavec), Ike Barinholtz (Alan "Fobble" Hobble), Bobby Lee (Frank Wynn)

Miss Mullens Bullying Problem
Miss Mullens (Chelsea Davidson) is an elementary school teacher with some unorthodox methods. After reading to her class, she opens up a "Let's do better" box to "see what we can do better". One note says "I'm tired of being bullied, and I'm to afraid to do anything about it". She decides to handle the issue, despite Ms. Brook's (Carlie Craig), a representative for the schools objections to handling the issue so openly. Mullens openly brings up the problems all of the kids face, like how when a girl, Quinn got laughed at for getting a math problem wrong despite the fact that she is mentally challenge. She tells the class to be kind to Quinn because "someday, she might be ripping your ticket at a movie theatre". She also brings up Danny, who was mocked for having trouble getting out of a car because he is overweight on account of having a lot of what's inside and Shawn, who was mocked for not being good at sports due to the fact that he is gay. When she asks Shawn, by who she refers to as "Gay Shawn" to come up and sing for the class, Shawn runs out crying, causing Brook to break and tell Mullens that she is "rude, insensitive, and just plain mean. You have serious issues lady. You are nuts". As she says this, the principle Davis (Amir K) comes in and fires her for "bullying" Mullens.

Credits: Carlie Craig (Ms. Brook), Chelsea Davison (Mullens), Amir K (Principle Davis)

MADtv Classic: Stuart at the Pet Shop

Credits: Michael McDonald (Stuart Larkin), Mo Collins (Doreen Larkin), Alex Borstein (Pet Shop Owner)

Shark Tank #3
Hobble and Wynn return to the tank again in another ridiculous disguise. They then pitch a show "where aspiring inventors come in and they present their ideas to captains of the industry who decide based on their pitch whether or not to invest in their product". The Sharks are livid as that is just the plot of the show. As the Sharks call security, Hobble and Wynn tell them that they are going to teleport out of the tank, to which the Sharks mock, only to find that they actually do teleport out of the tank, shocking the Shark.

Credits: Ike Barinholtz (Alan Hobble), Bobby Lee (Frank Wynn), Adam Ray (Mark Cuban), Carlie Craig (Barbara Corcoran), Piotr Michael (Kevin O'Leary), Chelsea Davison (Lori Greiner), Amir K (Robert Herjavec)

Close: Ike, Bobby and Cast
Barinholtz decides to give Bike away to the cast, as he and Lee leave to go to Macau.

Credits: Piotr Michael (Himself), Michelle Ortiz (Herself), Jeremy D. Howard (Himself), Carlie Craig (Herself), Bobby Lee (Himself), Lyric Lewis (Herself), Chelsea Davison (Herself), Ike Barinholtz (Himself), Amir K (Himself), Adam Ray (Himself)

---

Starring:
  • Carlie Craig (5A/2S/0W/0AF)
  • Chelsea Davison (5A/1S/0W/0AF)
  • Jeremy D. Howard (5A/0S/0W/0AF)
  • Amir K (7A/2S/0W/0AF)
  • Lyric Lewis (3A/1S/0W/0AF)
  • Piotr Michael (6A/1S/0W/0AF)
  • Michelle Ortiz (3A/2S/0W/0AF)
  • Adam Ray (7A/2S/0W/0AF)

---

Guest Starring:
  • Ike Barinholtz (0A/6S/0W/0AF)
  • Bobby Lee (0A/7S/0W/0AF)

---

Special Appearances
  • Michael McDonald (0A/0S/0W/1AF)
  • Mo Collins (0A/0S/0W/1AF)
  • Alex Borstein (0A/0S/0W/1AF)

---

Legend:
  • (A)ppearance Credit
  • (S)tarring Credit
  • (W)riting Credit
  • Non-Speaking Credit
  • (A)rchive (F)ootage
---

Last edited by tvmanismadformad; 10/05/2016 at 5:04 AM. Reason: A Little Bit of Cleaning Up

Old 07/30/2016, 12:05 AM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

In the preview for this, it says that we will also see a sketch with Michelle and Carlie playing Adena Menzel and Chritin Chenowith. I'm a little worried about this sketch, because it feels a little 2014.

Rise from the Dead!

Planet MADtv (August 28th 2002- August 28th 2009, August 28th 2010)
Old 08/03/2016, 12:53 AM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

Ok, now this was the MADtv I was hoping for! There were original sketches, plenty of sets, and promising new characters. I hope everyone watched and liked it, because I see a lot of room to build with this cast.

Rise from the Dead!

Old 08/03/2016, 1:49 AM
UC Davis Aggie Alumnus

I watched this episode.

I voted for the Miss Mullen sketch as my favorite sketch. I didn't expect for the teacher's aide (I think that was the teacher's aide or else someone's mother) to be kicked out of the room.

I also liked the Idina vs. Kristin sketch. I was laughing when Lyric was trying to call out Dick Cheney when Kristin hid behind him.

Jeremy in the Rio 2016 Coverage sketch. OMG! Him as the rhythmic gymnast. All I could think of was that's Leslie Jones from SNL. I think he should do a Leslie Jones impression in the future.

I guess the classic sketches are here to stay, but at least they picked a better one this time.

Bunifa: Yo, Yo, Yo. Who you callin' a bitch? Do I look like yo momma?
Old 08/03/2016, 7:25 PM
26/07/16!!

I enjoyed this episode a lot more than the first episode, i thought it was a bit more well rounded than last weeks. Hopefully it continues the trend for the future episodes.

Will be interesting to see what Debra and Aries do on the show next week. I also saw an instagram post from Mo Collins recently about writing new material i wonder if it would be her and Michael McDonald hosting together.

Old 08/03/2016, 7:39 PM
Winter is coming, and SO AM I
Administrator

Safe Space was obligatory, but a treat nonetheless. If you know someone like this (and, at this point, who among us doesn't?), you probably found a lot to like here.

I was going to make a crack about Michelle's overacting, but then, I guess this is MADtv.

Between Brian Williams and Jeff Goldblum, Piotr is starting to show some serious impressionist chops, but even he must stand in sheer awe of Carlie's bang-on perpetual Arden Myrin.

Jeremy as female Ghostbuster Leslie Jones -- make it happen, writers. Even if you've already wrapped the season, go back and make it happen.

He's probably lurking, so... great job, Bobby!

Based solely on promise, I'm making Piotr my MVP this week, even though he, like Jeremy last week, was barely present.

Old 08/05/2016, 10:20 AM
Fresh Meat

i like the episodes so far
Old 08/06/2016, 7:01 AM
Staff Alumnus
Staff Alumnus

Safe Space was a pretty good sketch. Love how everything was a trigger for them.
Old 08/07/2016, 10:20 AM
MADtv Fan Since 1995 EST.

Now this was a madtv episode. The sets are very important. Green screen sketches last episode looked cheesy.
Old 08/07/2016, 10:24 PM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

Summary has been added.

Rise from the Dead!

Old 08/08/2016, 5:05 AM
Staff Alumnus
Staff Alumnus

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanmathis26 View Post
Now this was a madtv episode. The sets are very important. Green screen sketches last episode looked cheesy.
Excuse me sir I tried to send you a private message but your inbox is full

Old 08/09/2016, 8:19 PM
Fresh Meat

I think the actress who played Miss Mullen is Chelsea Davison, not Davidson.

Also loved Safe Space!
Old 08/24/2016, 3:00 PM
26/07/16!!

Here is a link to a clip of an outtake from the shark tank sketch.

Old 08/27/2016, 12:00 AM
Obsessed!

Shark Tank was the only thing I personally cared for in this episode. Those were great! Safe Place was funny as well...but dang do I know people like that (sadly) and I kept getting annoyed...which I guess was the point lol.

This was prob. my least fav episode out of the first four (I'm doing my reviews backwards I know) but I'm still super excited MadTV is back and I look forward to the rest of the season! I do enjoy this new cast. I have to keep reminding myself it's the first year and even season 1 of the original MadTV could be a little hit and miss sometimes.

- "He looka lika man." - Bunny Swan
-"This has been Cabana Chat, and this AHH AHH AHHHHHH is Dixie Wetsworth!" -Dixie Wetsworth, Cabana Chat
-"Tcha...ya know what? Huh-uh!" - The Vancome Lady
-"You're so sexy!" - 2-Litre Beth
-"Look how little my gloves are!" - Dot Goddard
-"Sit your ass on down for a big ol' slice of truth, and a side of wisdom" - Tovah McQueen
-"Look what I can do!" ~ Stuart
Old 09/05/2016, 10:28 PM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

Ike's Dressing Room: This was a fun way to bring Ike and Bobby back to the show. I did find it funny that Ike has stuff hidden throughout his dressing room. Though it didn't make sense that Bobby was hiding in Ike's dressing room the whole time since Ike left after season 12, and Bobby stayed until the end of the show in season 14, I still found it funny.

Open: Ike & Bobby's Lovechild: This is the kind of absurdity I like on MADtv. Just stuff that doesn't make a whole lot of sense. I also like the name Bike.

Princess Polly: Did anybody like Saltzman or Wise show Carlie a little character called Disney Girl by Nicole Parker at all? Because this character is almost exactly like / too much like Disney Girl. Don't get me wrong, Carlie was great in it and it was funny, but if you go watch the first Disney Girl sketch, it is so similar to this with the fact that she is trying to work at a theme park and everything. The only thing that is different from Disney Girl is Carlie's inability to sing, which is the best part of Disney Girl! Despite all this, I still liked the sketch. Carlie really sold it with her attitude, and I really enjoyed the beginning the most. Funny stuff.

The Blind Kung Fu Master: James Bond: I know people (Planet MADtv) doesn't like Bobby or his characters, but I do, and Blind Kung Fu Master is one of his best. It's unique and like no other character on MADtv. This sketch however was not as good as some of the other ones. I did like a lot of things in it like no reference for blue, the blacks, and the lazer cut on the greatly named Ta Ta Aplenty. Lots of good stuff, but not as good as some of the other BKFM sketches.

Rio 2016 Coverage: Liked this sketch too. Jeremy killed it in this one. I agree that he should play Leslie Jones in a sketch. Kind of wish this sketch was longer. Very good.

Shark Tank #1: Great sketch from Bobby and Ike. Not much to say, but it was a fun sketch. I wish though that the cast put more effort into their impressions. Carlie was good, but Piotr's Kevin O'Leary was not close in the voice, Amir was totally out of place, and Chelsea's Lori Grenier was not accurate at all. Adam's Mark Cuban though was not taken far enough. There was so much you could do with that impression. Shame. Still a good sketch though.

Idina Menzel Vs Kristen Chenoweth: I did not love this sketch. It was another unfortunately outdated sketch. It didn't really have an ending, and just wasn't very good to me. Probably the worst sketch of the night.

Safe Space: We go from the worst sketch of the night to the best sketch of the night. This was one of the best sketches we have seen so far and is likely a highlight of the season. I love the trigger talk, and everyone was on point. This is the kind of sketches I want to see. Accurate to today's culture, funny, and memorable. I hope this can become a character sketch someday.

Shark Tank #2: Good again. Bobby and Ike really sell it with their facial expressions. The best part was when they are caught and Ike just says "Ah son of a bitch".

Miss Mullens: Just behind Safe Space is this one. I laugh a lot at this. Like when Chelsea kept saying "I heard some giggles", or when she said that the mentally challenged girl was going to be ripping tickets at a movie theatre, or when she kept referring to that one kid as Gay Shawn. So good.

Shark Tank #3: Perfect for the last pitch. I even like the teleporting out idea. Good end to the sketch.

Close: Ike, Bobby and the Cast: A good ending. Not much to say.

Overall
This was the kind of episode that I hope to see on the show in the future. it was funny and solid all the way through. The cast is really coming into their own. Hope this kind of production continues.

As for the score, of a total of 60 stars, this episode got 47, that's about a B+ rating. A good rating for a good episode.

Rise from the Dead!