Go Back   Planet MADtv > Our Database > MADtv Repository
Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04/13/2006, 5:07 AM
Darth Tater
Staff Alumnus

Default **OFFICIAL** Questions for Jordan Thread

In what is becoming a tradition for this forum, Jordan Peele is the latest castmember to offer to field any questions you have for him. There aren't many shows on television from which the cast would willingly open themselves up like this, so lets make the most of this opportunity and keep things respectful.

I have a couple of questions:

-- What was the inspiration for Inside Looking Out? And were those pictures they used of your character when he was young, really pictures of you?

-- How did you get an audition for the show, and what material did you use for your audition piece?

Old 04/13/2006, 7:39 AM
Staff Alumnus
Staff Alumnus

In the episode 1116, in the Nicole's Bad Date sketch//"You Didn't Ask," we saw you drop a glass and everyone break character and crack up.

Do you guys usually mess up during the live tapes and pre-tapes, or are you guys pretty accurate when it comes to that stuff?
Old 04/13/2006, 10:00 AM
Mets fan for life.

how was the playboy mansion?

Old 04/14/2006, 12:34 AM
Lurking around the corner
Staff Alumnus

Do any other members, that you know of, browse the site frequently? Or do they just look at it every so often while browsing online?

Old 04/14/2006, 1:41 AM
Staff Alumnus
Staff Alumnus

What was your favorite sketch to have worked on so far?

What guest stars have you really enjoyed working with?

"If you want to be a better actor - a better lawyer, doctor, teacher - anything - be a better human being." ~ Debra Wilson
Old 04/14/2006, 4:13 PM
Cast Member
Cast Member

Default Okay, top to bottom

Inside looking out. I Think Folky Jazz inerracial duo Tuck and Patty were the first inpiration for Dantel and Patbeth. Nicole and I wanted to do something together and we love tosing in the style of Peabo Bryson and Linda Ronstadt. I've allways loved the idea of a couple being too proud of the fact that there interacial. Patbeth's paticular ignorance came organically as we wrote it.

I got my audition through Recomondations from people. Ike, Josh, Stephnie, and our then Head writer Scotty King all vouched for me simulateously so it sorta fell in my lap.
I auditioned with Ja Rule doing Cribs, Forest whitaker at the hospital complaining about his eye, Lenny Kravitz shopping for sunglasses, Morgan Freeman at a crime scene, and Danny Glover with a bomb on his Penis. Then for characters I did Saffron Jackson, The Danish Super Model UTA, and a Homeless character Reggie.

Yes, our sets are unpredictable but we have pro's. Not alot of mistakes...Spillin the water sucked so much because the last thing I wanted to do was take anything away from Nicole's great scene.

Shooting at the Playboy Mansion was fun, but Ike Bobby and I ended up having more fun with each other than the girls. We all have girlfreinds and were sorta obliged to look the other way.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I've browsed the forum a few times. I would imagine that everyone's been curious at least once.

My favorite sketch I've been in was The gay gangster scene "Gang Up" with Keegan. That scene was written by Stephen Cragg with a buddy in the groudlings. They had performed it as two tough Italian Americans. I think the Gangsta' aproach worked. Plus I just think that's the funniest thing. (Also love Inside lookin out, Krumpin' and Montel)

Cedric The Entertainer was my Favorite Guest. That guy was just funny. He was also loose and Playful. The scene was a Funkenstien meets Jeckyll and Hyde.
Old 04/14/2006, 4:37 PM
Darth Tater
Staff Alumnus

I thought Saffron Johnson (or Jackson) was hilarious. It was one of the first sketches that you did that stood out for me.

Have you tried to bring any other characters or sketches to the show?

Also, what happened to FUNKENSTEIN this season? They were some of my favourite characters the past few years, especially the one with Queen Nefertiti, that was brilliant how Daniele spun around like that .

Old 04/14/2006, 5:06 PM
Resident Movie Snob <3

Quote:
Originally posted by Dartanian
Also, what happened to FUNKENSTEIN this season?
Hell yah, where'd Funkenstein go? I love those sketches.

-------------------------------
"Tacocat is spelled the same backwards and fowards!"
Shawn 2/6/87 - 12/5/04

Old 04/14/2006, 6:37 PM
Hardcore Fan

Hey Jordan, Did you watch the first episode of MADtv when it premiered in 1995 if not what was the first episode you saw from the series.
Old 04/15/2006, 6:30 PM
Staff Alumnus
Staff Alumnus

How has the show changed for you since you first came on as a featured player? Different atmosphere, more fun, more work, etc?

And I guess you could be the one to confirm this for us, we've got conflicting sources. It's not about you, but hey, you would know.

Is Nicole Parker married?
Old 04/20/2006, 4:32 PM
Darth Tater
Staff Alumnus

Where were you for the first 4 or 5 episodes of season 10, and why was your facetime so limited that season?

Also, what do you do when faced with a BAD script? Can you make suggestions?

Old 04/24/2006, 2:15 PM
Cast Member
Cast Member

Default Hello again

1st off thanks for the Saffron shout out. He's a fun character to play.

I don't know why we haven't done Funkenstein this year. Every season we try to start a little fresh. Some things just get left behind. Plus we were running out of monsters.

The first sketch I remember seeing was "Gump Fiction" when
I was in High School. A classic. I was most impressed that they had Phil Lamaar play himself as Martin. that blew my mind.

It's hard to say how much the show has changed since I've been there since one's role in the show is constantly developing. It has certainly felt more and more like a home and family. There is an amazing lack of tension between cast members right now. Everyone likes each other. I would imagine that this is rare in a show where the cast can never really be 100% certain of coming back. I think the unity will grow even more next year.

Nicole Parker is not Married.

The writer's on our show are awesome. And they do value our imput. Most are performers themselves, and I think they all realize that things work the best when The actors can personalize the words a little. There are no bad scripts, only unfinished ones.

On my second season of the show I was only asked to do half the year. I began a couple months after everyone else. My absence was contractual (nothing too juicy). At first I was a little dissed, but then felt lucky when Paul and Ron moved on. We have a large cast and I am honored that Mad kept me at all. Plus it set a fire under my ass that will never be extinguished.
Old 04/24/2006, 2:26 PM
Regular

Do you know who will be leaving at the end of the season?
Old 04/24/2006, 2:33 PM
Cast Member
Cast Member

Default nope.

nope.
Old 04/24/2006, 2:48 PM
Mets fan for life.

How long do you want stay on Madtv?

Old 04/24/2006, 5:58 PM
Fresh Meat

Default Hi Jordan!

Again, welcome to Planet MadTV. My favorite recurring sketch with you is the Superstitious Knights. I've often wondered how you and Keegan do those blazin' moves. Does the difference in size make it difficult? Also, are the moves hard to learn?

Let's do it to it, brown sugar- Tow Truck Man

You only THINK you voted- Pat Beth

Oh, this ain't nothing but a Milk Dud- Muriel
Old 04/24/2006, 6:20 PM
Darth Tater
Staff Alumnus

Who do you think you have the best chemistry with in the cast? From a viewers perspective, I think you have amazing chemistry with Nicole. Sometimes when two people are in a scene together it seems like they are just going through the motions, but whenever you do a scene with Nicole, it just instantly clicks it seems.

Who would you like to work with more from the recent additions to the cast?

Old 04/24/2006, 6:52 PM

When you do the Krumpin' sketches with Crista, do you or her do anything special to prepare for performance? Besides the rehearsals and all...it's great when you see actors really giving it all for a physical performance

All 3 of you are taken? Aww. Not like I'd have a chance anyway...

I loved your stints in music vids, especially that R.Kelly parody and your short (but hilarious) inclusion in that American Idol video from the previous season. I'm not a total fan of the Superstitious Knights, but to each his (or her) own, right?

Keep up the solid performances.
Old 04/24/2006, 7:22 PM
His senses were dimmed

It's so cool that you want to answer your fans' questions Jordan.

The only thing I could think of for now is to ask about te Inside Looking Out Sketch when Nicole's earring fell out. Was that planned or improvised? It was really funny how well you worked together either way.

Voted The Nicest forum Member In The Third Annual PlanetMadTV Awards
Old 04/25/2006, 5:39 AM
Resident Movie Snob <3

I loved the "Front Row Rap" You, Nicole and Ike did (last season? damn i'm too lazy to check). I know you guys wrote it, but were you approached with the idea or is it something you three came up with?
Also, with a idea like that, is it harder or easier to get the "okay" to follow through with it?

I hope that didn't sound too retarded. Thanks.

"Tacocat is spelled the same backwards and fowards!"
Shawn 2/6/87 - 12/5/04