Go Back   Planet MADtv > Our Database > MADtv Repository > MADtv Episode Guide > Season 13 (2007-2008)
Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Notices

View Poll Results: What was your favorite sketch of #1314?
The Pussycat Dolls: Girlicious 6 20.69%
Political Smear Ad: John McCain 0 0%
Political Smear Ad: Barack & Hillary 0 0%
Kim Jong-Il & Friends: "Yes, I Can" 1 3.45%
Mannequin vs. Mannequin 3 10.34%
Moment of Truth: Maury & Connie 5 17.24%
Fun with Still Images: VCR Repair Shop #1 1 3.45%
Fun with Still Images: VCR Repair Shop #2 0 0%
Melvin Dufrane: Police Report #1 7 24.14%
The Rude Jew Mattress Store 1 3.45%
Fashion Surprise! 4 13.79%
Eat Less, Move More 1 3.45%
Melvin Dufrane: Police Report #2 0 0%
Fun with Still Images: VCR Repair Shop #3 0 0%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04/13/2008, 2:10 AM
Domo Arigato, Mrs. Roboto
Content Robot

Post Episode S13E14 (Aired 2008-04-19)

The Pussycat Dolls: Girlicious
Robin Antin (Keegan-Michael Key) is continuing her search for three new girls that will make up a new, revolutionary group of sluts. Mark McGrath (Dan Oster) hosts "Girlicious," another pointless show on the CW network. The three finalists are shown again. First is Katycarly (Arden Myrin), whose dream to perform in a group has been with her ever since her parents decided it would be her dream to perform. She reveals that at the age of 12, her baton struck her in the head causing her to suffer from amnesia for only 3 minutes. As a result, Katycarly has lost the ability to sneeze. Up next is Diaz (Crista Flanagan), a girl whose age is currently unknown. Diaz reveals that she began dancing the day she witnessed her parents get shot; to her, the other "skanks" don't know what it is to perform on the streets. Lastly there is Elisssa (Nicole Parker), who is referred to as "yuck face" by the other girls. When she was 7 years old, her heart stopped beating. She was officially dead for 2 weeks, which gave her the time to learn more about herself. After the three finalists are showcased, the girls come out on stage and perform their first and last single, "Lik Me Up."

Credits: Keegan-Michael Key (Robin Antin), Dan Oster (Mark McGrath), Arden Myrin (Katycarly), Crista Flanagan (Diaz), Nicole Parker (Elisssa)

Political Smear Ad: John McCain
A political smear ad focusing on John McCain attempts to point out various flaws in his character. For starters, a fellow Vietnam War veteran (Bobby Lee) points out that McCain never provided them with accurate information, even when asked several times. The ad points out that McCain is nothing more than a liar and a thief involved with torture. The ad ends by saying that John McCain is more of the same (more of the same as in a copy of George Bush).

Credits: Bobby Lee (POW Guard)

Political Smear Ad: Barack & Hillary
The second political smear ad focuses on Hillary and Barack, and their absence in the Vietnam War. Mrs. Springer (Crista Flanagan), Barack's second grade teacher, describes Barack as carefree back in 1968. Not only that, but Barack was only 7 years old meaning he would have been unable to go to war. In that same year, Linda Carlson (Nicole Parker), one of Hillary Clinton's college roommates, points out that Hillary couldn't go to war because she is a woman. The ad ends by pointing out that we already have a president who doesn't care, is nothing more than a drunk, and wouldn't go to war himself.

Credits: Crista Flanagan (Mrs. Springer), Nicole Parker (Linda Carlson)

Kim Jong-Il & Friends: "Yes, I Can"
Kim Jong-Il (Bobby Lee) interrupts will-i-am's (Jordan Peele) video to promote Barack Obama, by singing duets with various celebrities. Kim promotes himself in the video, singing that he himself can change the world because he has the ability to enslave hookers, owns a George Foreman grill, and has plenty of Barack "Oh-Bomb-Ahs."

Credits: Jordan Peele (will-i-am), Crista Flanagan (Scarlett Johansson), Bobby Lee (Kim Jong-Il), Keegan-Michael Key (John Legend), Arden Myrin (Jennifer Love Hewitt), Johnny Sanchez (Cesar Millan), Nicole Parker (Paula Abdul), Michael McDonald (Barry Gibb), Dan Oster (Bryan Greenburg)

Mannequin vs. Mannequin
The Evil Mannequin (Michael McDonald) returns and is on the loose again. His first victim happens to be the mannequin warehouse worker (Keegan-Michael Key). Shortly after, two police officers arrive to investigate the crime scene. The male officer (Jordan Peele) is bewildered by the fact that there have been 23 unsolved murders, all somehow related. The female officer (Crista Flanagan) believes that the mannequin legend is true, and that this myth might actually explain some things. The male officer agrees, wishing there was a good mannequin (Neil Patrick Harris) to stop the evil one from his killing spree. The evil mannequin comes across a homeless man (Dan Oster), and makes him the next victim. The two mannequins eventually come face to face and battle it out, when two women stumble upon them. Katie (Nicole Parker) suggests to her friend Brenda (Arden Myrin) that they take the mannequins back to their knife store for means of advertising. The good mannequin is given an axe, while the evil one is given a butcher's knife. Katie tries to place an order, when Brenda is suddenly killed by the evil mannequin. The good one tries to save her, and misleads Katie into thinking he is the evil one. Katie runs out of her knife store and comes across the police officers from before. They spot the good mannequin and begin to open fire on him. The police officers feel relieved that the evil mannequin was killed, unbeknownst to them that the real evil mannequin is still on the loose.

Credits: Keegan-Michael Key (Warehouse Worker), Michael McDonald (Evil Mannequin), Jordan Peele (Male Officer), Crista Flanagan (Female Officer), Neil Patrick Harris (Good Mannequin), Dan Oster (Homeless Man), Nicole Parker (Katie), Arden Myrin (Brenda)

Moment of Truth: Maury & Connie
Mark L. Walberg (Dan Oster) introduces us to another exciting episode of the "Moment of Truth." This time, the contestant is none other than Connie Chung (Bobby Lee). Mark brings Connie out, and asks her if she brought any of her loved ones to the show. Her guest is none other than her husband, Maury Povich (Michael McDonald). Maury announces that his next show will feature his one-millionth paternity test. During the game, Connie begins to answer the questions too fast. Maury tells her that in order for the show to work, the contestant has to add to the suspense; after all, it is the tactic FOX uses to turn five minutes of material into an hour long show. Connie's hard-hitting question asks her if she regrets marrying Maury. Connie, in tears, confesses that she regrets marrying Maury. In a sign of disbelief and anger, Maury begins insulting Connie when it is revealed that Connie lied. The two begin to make out, to the point where it appears as though they are about to have sex on the couch.

Credits: Dan Oster (Mark L. Walberg), Bobby Lee (Connie Chung), Michael McDonald (Maury Povich)

Fun with Still Images: VCR Repair Shop #1
A VCR repairman (Keegan-Michael Key) receives a phone call from a customer (Jordan Peele) who needs his VCR repaired. The repairman tells the customer that the cost for repair will be around $350. The customer is dissatisfied and tells the repairman to simply go to a store, buy him a new VCR, and he'll pay the repairman for it and throw in $5. The repairman ends up asking the customer for his address.

Credits: Keegan-Michael Key (VCR Repairman), Jordan Peele (Customer)

Fun with Still Images: VCR Repair Shop #2
The VCR repairman (Keegan-Michael Key) receives another phone call. This time, the customer (Nicole Parker) wants the repairman to upgrade her unit by taking it apart and converting it into a DVD player. The customer reveals that her VCR is practically a safe -- her home was recently broken into, and everything was stolen minus the VCR. The customer bribes the repairman with leftover lasagna. He then asks for her address.

Credits: Keegan-Michael Key (VCR Repairman), Nicole Parker (Customer)

Melvin Dufrane: Police Report #1
Melvin Dufrane (Jordan Peele) calls for the aid of the police after having been robbed. He reveals to the officers that when he left briefly to get a sandwich, he returned to find his door wide open and his weed missing. The black officer (Keegan-Michael Key) questions Melvin, asking him if he knows he's talking to officers. The white officer (Dan Oster) pulls out a notepad and begins taking notes on the events leading up to the "robbery." Melvin reveals a countless number of illegal activities, such as drunk driving, setting his car on fire, using cocaine, and even holding a girl against her will. The officers decide to arrest him, at which time Melvin points out that he's the stupidest man on Earth.

Credits: Jordan Peele (Melvin Dufrane), Keegan-Michael Key (Black Officer), Dan Oster (White Officer)

The Rude Jew Mattress Store
Murray Birnbaum (Michael McDonald), a mattress salesman, decides to take on the role of a rude Jew to attract more customers. His motto is to simply tell customers to go f*** themselves if they refuse to buy his mattresses. He even has testimonials from a man (Keegan-Michael Key) who claims he "f***ed himself" and his granddaughter who also tells customers to go f*** themselves if they choose not to buy the mattresses.

Credits: Michael McDonald (Murray Birnbaum), Keegan-Michael Key (Satisfied Customer)

Fashion Surprise!
Toni Horse (Nicole Parker) and Leandro Kezeele (Jordan Peele) are the hosts of the TV show, Fashion Surprise. Their first makeover happens to be a man named Lane (Dan Oster). His wife, Debra (Crista Flanagan), is turned off by his image and asks the Fashion Surprise team for help. Toni and Leandro pull up to Lane on the street and kidnap him. In the van, Leandro decides that Lane doesn't deserve a name because he cannot dress, so he is instead referred to as simply "it." Lane is taken to an abandoned warehouse where it appears as though he will be tortured. Toni begins to go on a rampage, and Leandro can't seem to find a way to control her and her craziness. Shortly after, the pair meets up with Debra to reveal Lane's new look. Lane is seen tumbling down a hill, and forcefully hugs Debra. She tells Lane that she set the entire thing up, and Lane begins to choke her.

Credits: Nicole Parker (Toni Horse), Jordan Peele (Leandro Kezeele), Crista Flanagan (Debra), Dan Oster (Lane)

Eat Less, Move More
A spokesperson (Keegan-Michael Key) tries to motivate an overweight woman (Crista Flanagan) to lose weight by eating less and moving more. Unfortunately, the woman is having a hard time understanding the procedure to this diet, and instead decides to continue eating junk food. The commercial turns out to be an ad for Keebler's new "Double Stuffin' Marshmallow Fudge Sludgers."

Credits: Crista Flanagan (Fat Woman), Keegan-Michael Key (Spokesperson)

Melvin Dufrane: Police Report #2
Melvin Dufrane (Jordan Peele) comes across another police officer (Johnny Sanchez) at the scene of an accident. This time, Melvin's friend Chaco (Keegan-Michael Key) has been run over by a vehicle. Melvin insists that the officer arrest the woman responsible for running over Chaco. Melvin recounts the events leading up to the accident, which include stealing from an electronics store and trying to carjack the woman's vehicle. The officer arrests Melvin for the illegal activity, and Melvin once again laments that he's the stupidest man on the planet.

Credits: Johnny Sanchez (Officer), Jordan Peele (Melvin Dufrane), Keegan-Michael Key (Chaco)

Fun with Still Images: VCR Repair Shop #3
The VCR Repairman (Keegan-Michael Key) receives another phone call from someone claiming to be the manager of the Downtown Radisson (Crista Flanagan). The manager points out that all the VCRs in his hotel need to be repaired, offering $75,000 for the job. The manager tells the repairman that his name is "Dee Znuts." The phone call turns out to be a prank by a boy named Tommy. The kid's mother tells the repairman that they are on break and are doing prank calls out of boredom. The repairman doesn't believe it was a prank, telling the mother that he really needs "that deal." The mother tells the repairman she needs a babysitter, and is willing to pay him $15 to watch her kids. Sure enough, he asks for her address.

Credits: Keegan-Michael Key (VCR Repairman), Crista Flanagan (Tommy), Nicole Parker (Mother)

---

Starring:
  • Crista Flanagan (6A/2S/0W)
  • Keegan-Michael Key (10A/0S/0W)
  • Bobby Lee (3A/2S/0W)
  • Michael McDonald (4A/3S/1W)
  • Arden Myrin (3A/1S/0W)
  • Nicole Parker (6A/1S/1W)
  • Jordan Peele (6A/2S/0W)
  • Johnny Sanchez (2A/0S/0W)
Featuring:
  • Dan Oster (5A/0S/0W)
Special Appearances:
  • Neil Patrick Harris
Legend:
  • (A)cting Credit
  • (S)tarring Credit
  • (W)riting Credit
  • Non-Speaking Role
---

As always, don't forget to submit your full review, vote for your favorite sketch, and rank this episode using our forum's thread rating feature. We look forward to hearing your thoughts!

Last edited by JustG; 05/03/2008 at 7:07 PM.

Old 04/13/2008, 2:53 AM
Winter is coming, and SO AM I
Administrator

This week's lineup:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartanian View Post
#1314: A parody of the "Pussycat Dolls" and the Obama music video "Yes We Can" (with Kim Jong Il), a fashion makeover show parody (not sure which one) and the debut of Daheli's pimp character "Ray Ray" at an Obama rally.
On another note, for the benefit of our MADtv-employed lurkers who might otherwise miss it, I finally posted my #1313 review earlier tonight.

Old 04/13/2008, 9:45 AM
Fresh Meat

The sketch of interest for me would be Daheli's new character. I hope it's a class act because the writer's strike is over, and good things should now be written. I really wished Angelah Johnson would have stayed on the show longer because her nail lady looked promising.

MAD tv can parody all the obscure tv shows it wants, but it's the casts' own characters that I look forward to.
Old 04/13/2008, 10:34 AM
Staff Alumnus
Staff Alumnus

There's a good chance that some of the recurring characters will appear throughout the course of the remaining 3 episodes.

Old 04/13/2008, 5:12 PM
Darth Tater
Staff Alumnus

First look at Daheli's new character, RayRay:

Old 04/13/2008, 5:16 PM
Staff Alumnus
Staff Alumnus

Lol wow. Good stuff. You know call me crazy but I'm actually looking forward to the last three episodes of the season.

Old 04/14/2008, 7:32 PM
Hardcore Fan

I'll just say I burst out laughing at that promo the first time. The second time, not so much, but the first time caught me totally off guard.
Old 04/15/2008, 9:53 AM
Ready for a change
Active Supporter

i've been busy searching for a torrent for this episode the last 2 days till i realised there was a week gap between new eps.OOPS
Old 04/16/2008, 10:38 PM
Administrator

Neil Patrick Harris guest-stars as a mannequin in "Mannequin vs. Mannequin":

Let me just be the first to say "".

Old 04/16/2008, 11:44 PM
I'm watching you.
Staff Alumnus

Sweeet, I always enjoyed the Mannequin Manslaughter character.

Old 04/17/2008, 12:13 AM
Run & Tell DAT! Homeboy!

Are you SHITTING me? When was the last time they did a Mannequin sketch? Season Six?

I'm all for it returning as it was one of the only characters to have an ongoing storyline, but are they really that desperate for characters they have to pull THAT one out? What next, Rusty? Fightin' Ron? MICKEY?

Old 04/17/2008, 2:32 AM
Casual Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADfan2004 View Post
Are you SHITTING me? When was the last time they did a Mannequin sketch? Season Six?

I'm all for it returning as it was one of the only characters to have an ongoing storyline, but are they really that desperate for characters they have to pull THAT one out? What next, Rusty? Fightin' Ron? MICKEY?
Are YOU shitting me?

What exactly is wrong with it? THe idea is brilliant, the sketch is not tired, particularly after a 7 year break...

I dont' get the problem...most of the audience will never even have encountered this character.

Far better than endless retreads of worn out characters.

Goodness me...seems some people would complain regardless of what was on screen!
Old 04/17/2008, 9:29 AM
Run & Tell DAT! Homeboy!

"Endless worn out characters"? They've barely even used any of them since Season 11. And there are plenty of other, BETTER, more recent characters that are not "worn out," like Disney Girl, Wendy Walker, Marcus McCloud etc.

Quote:
I dont' get the problem...most of the audience will never even have encountered this character.
That IS the problem. Recurring characters (except for new ones) should be fairly popular ones that people still remember. There's probably a reason they stopped doing these sketches in the first place.

Still, I'm not too upset by this, but with all of the unused and underused characters on the show, THIS is the one they bring back?

Old 04/17/2008, 9:44 AM
Fresh Meat

The Mannequin AND Daheli's new character? At least we have two relatively funny-looking sketches in the upcoming episode. I think MAD tv is slowly, but surely, gaining a little bit of funny each new episode after the strike.

Neil Patrick Harris was funny in the "Sean the Floor Leader" sketch, so I'm really looking forward to him guest-starring again. I'm hoping even Sean will make an appearance! Even with the ups and downs of MAD's 13th season, I do hope they go into a steady Season 14, and many after that. They cannot just let SNL win because SNL is downright embarassing!
Old 04/17/2008, 9:55 AM
Darth Tater
Staff Alumnus

Blackwind despises basically every Michael McDonald character, so his complaint has nothing to do with the character resurfacing after a 7 year hiatus (or however long its been). He would make this face: regardless of what Michael McDonald related character/impression/sketch was announced.

I'm looking forward to seeing Daheli's new character. I liked the small showcase she did in one of her standup sketches, and it always fascinates me when female comedians portray men.

Old 04/17/2008, 1:04 PM
Staff Alumnus
Staff Alumnus

It's understandable and acceptable if Blackwind dislikes everything that involves Michael McDonald. That would be the equivalent of me saying that I can't stand anything that Bobby Lee does, even though it's not 100% true.

Still, the Murderous Mannequin is better than not giving us anything at all, like the show did for the first half of season 13 with the exceptions of Coach Hines, Dr. Poon, Mofaz and Pat-Beth and Dontell LaMontrose.

At this point, I'll settle for just about anything; yeah not the best reason for tuning in but you know what, S13 is such a mess that just about anything will do. Yeah I said it so sue me already

Old 04/17/2008, 6:55 PM
Administrator

New promo added to the first post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartanian View Post
Blackwind despises basically every Michael McDonald character, so his complaint has nothing to do with the character resurfacing after a 7 year hiatus (or however long its been). He would make this face: regardless of what Michael McDonald related character/impression/sketch was announced.
True as this may be, the comment also goes back to what I was saying in my #1313 review -- this move is going to please a few of the most hardcore McDonald fans, and that's about it. Let's get some noteworthy, still-in-their-prime characters out there, shall we?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustG View Post
It's understandable and acceptable if Blackwind dislikes everything that involves Michael McDonald. That would be the equivalent of me saying that I can't stand anything that Bobby Lee does, even though it's not 100% true.
Exactly. To be perfectly fair, it's more like 99.7-99.8%.

Quote:
Still, the Murderous Mannequin is better than not giving us anything at all...
Well, that's certainly debatable.

Old 04/17/2008, 7:26 PM
26/07/16!!

There is a clip on youtube showing a preview of the Moment of Truth sketch which has Dan playing the host with Bobby playing Connie Chung and Michael playing Maurie, looks quite funny.

Old 04/17/2008, 7:44 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by funny_guy View Post
There is a clip on youtube showing a preview of the Moment of Truth sketch...
Added to the first post.

Quote:
...which has Dan playing the host...
Pigeonholed!

Quote:
...with Bobby playing Connie Chung and Michael playing Maurie, looks quite funny.
There's something I usually say in this situation... what was it, again? Oh, right:

Old 04/17/2008, 8:35 PM
Staff Alumnus
Staff Alumnus

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwind View Post
There's something I usually say in this situation... what was it, again? Oh, right:

That's because this time it's both Bobby AND Michael and we all know how you feel about those two