Go Back   Planet MADtv > Sketch Comedy > Front Page News
Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 12/06/2004, 4:41 PM
Staff Alumnus
Staff Alumnus

Default Bryan Callen's First Sexual Experience!

That got your attention, right?

Bryan Callen is one of the featured panelists on the new VH1 series, My Coolest Years. Tonight's episode is entitled "Summer Vacation" and features our favorite pool boy talking about what summers were like for him growing up, including what it was like to "get lucky" for the first time. If you're a Bryan fan, don't miss this one. It airs tonight, Monday December 6th, at 10pm EST on VH1. If you miss it, no worries, there will be an encore tomorrow night at 11:30pm.

Also this week, Aries Spears is a judge on BET's new comedy competition, Coming to the Stage. That airs this Wednesday at 9pm EST on BET. Debra Wilson and Michael McDonald are contestants on Pyramid all this week, check your local listings for exact times. I believe this is a rerun. Last but not least, don't forget to watch the Billboard Awards featuring the Season 10 MADtv cast, airing Wednesday at 8pm on FOX!

EDIT: Check the calendar for additional airings. Melissa Paull was also in the "My Coolest Years" episode with Bryan.

Edited by MysterE

"If you want to be a better actor - a better lawyer, doctor, teacher - anything - be a better human being." ~ Debra Wilson

Old 12/06/2004, 11:32 PM
Hardcore Fan

Gee, I was thinking about mentioning this in the Cast Discussion thread but i totally forgot about it.
Old 12/07/2004, 1:12 AM
I'm watching you.
Staff Alumnus

My Coolest Years: "Summer Vacation" w/ Bryan originally aired 12/5/04. Repeats are Monday the 5th at 11am, 4pm and 10pm; Tuesday the 6th at 11:30pm; Thursday the 9th at 7pm; Friday the 10th at 8pm, then again at midnight; Sunday the 12th at 6pm; and Tuesday the 14th at 7pm.

Finally Aries Spears on Coming to the Stage. I thought this would never air. Here's some background on the episode...

Quote:
Originally posted by ~StuartsCookie~ here
Things got a little heated last week during a taping of BET’s Coming to the Stage. Sources say Aries Spears (Mad TV) rubbed his fellow judges the wrong way with his excessively brutal treatment of a contestant on the show.

Apparently, anchor judge Kim Coles (Living Single) and guest judge Thea Vidale (Thea) felt Spears’ antics were inappropriate and spoke up. "I don’t know what’s in the water over at Mad TV, but you’ve got a big head," said Coles, according to a source.

Vidale attempted to encourage the auditioning comic by telling him his style reminded her of Franklyn Ajaye. Spears countered, "Franklyn Ajaye hasn’t been funny since he starred in Car Wash."

A fed up Vidale exclaimed, "You came up in here thinking you’re Simon Cowell from American Idol or something. You better be careful of how you treat people, because you’ll turn around and be opening for this guy next week!" I contacted Vidale, who was still aggravated about the situation. "Aries Spears is a c--t of a man, and I’ll tell him to his face. He made Kim Coles upset, and she’s so sweet and never gets mad at anyone. Furthermore, when he sees Franklyn Ajaye he owes him an apology," she said.
Pyramid w/ Michael and Debra is on just Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, unless someone knows something I don't... and it is a repeat, please discuss the appearance in this thread.

...Aries Pyramid appearance was on today.

Also I'm sure everyone already knows to discuss the Billboard Music Awards in this thread.

Quote:
Originally posted by cartman2002
Gee, I was thinking about mentioning this in the Cast Discussion thread but i totally forgot about it.
I'm assuming you're talking about Bryan... it was already mentioned in his cast thread.

Old 12/07/2004, 10:20 AM
I'm watching you.
Staff Alumnus

Quote:
Originally posted by Cat_Named_CeCe
That got your attention, right?

Bryan Callen is one of the featured panelists on the new VH1 series, My Coolest Years. Tonight's episode is entitled "Summer Vacation" and features our favorite pool boy talking about what summers were like for him growing up, including what it was like to "get lucky" for the first time. If you're a Bryan fan, don't miss this one.
*bump*

Old 12/08/2004, 3:17 AM
I'm watching you.
Staff Alumnus

Since Aries Coming to the Stage is trumped by the awards show it looks like I won't be seeing it unless I can get someone to tape it for me or unless I can figure out how to do the wire connections w/ a digital converter cable box to watch this and tape the other.

... I really wanna' see Aries dissin on the contestants and getting reamed by the other judges- I hope they didn't cut that part w/ the judges.

Old 12/08/2004, 11:53 AM
Staff Alumnus
Staff Alumnus

Quote:
Since Aries Coming to the Stage is trumped by the awards show it looks like I won't be seeing it unless I can get someone to tape it for me or unless I can figure out how to do the wire connections w/ a digital converter cable box to watch this and tape the other.
If the MADtv segment at the Billboard Awards airs before 9, you could always switch over to BET once it ends and see both.

"If you want to be a better actor - a better lawyer, doctor, teacher - anything - be a better human being." ~ Debra Wilson
Old 12/08/2004, 1:04 PM
I'm watching you.
Staff Alumnus

Quote:
If the MADtv segment at the Billboard Awards airs before 9, you could always switch over to BET once it ends and see both.
Additionally, the cast of Fox sketch comedy series "MADtv" will be seen in spoof segments dubbed "Billboard Request Live" throughout the show.

Quote:

Also this week, Aries Spears is a judge on BET's new comedy competition, Coming to the Stage. That airs this Wednesday at 9pm EST on BET.
*bump*

Old 12/14/2004, 12:17 AM
I'm watching you.
Staff Alumnus

Default Re: Bryan Callen's First Sexual Experience!

Quote:
Bryan Callen is one of the featured panelists on the new VH1 series, My Coolest Years. Tonight's episode is entitled "Summer Vacation" and features our favorite pool boy talking about what summers were like for him growing up, including what it was like to "get lucky" for the first time. If you're a Bryan fan, don't miss this one. It airs tonight, Monday December 6th, at 10pm EST on VH1. If you miss it, no worries, there will be an encore tomorrow night at 11:30pm.[/B]
*bump*

Old 12/19/2004, 3:36 AM
I'm watching you.
Staff Alumnus

Apparently Melissa Paull was in the same episode as Bryan.

Old 12/19/2004, 11:45 PM
Hardcore Fan

I didn't know that Orlando Jones and Mellisa Paul were guests too on that series. Maybe more current and ex-MADtv cast members will make appearences on that series if VH1 wants to continue the series.