Go Back   Planet MADtv > Our Database > MADtv Repository > MADtv Episode Guide > Season 7 (2001-2002)
Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 12/15/2001, 11:01 PM
Domo Arigato, Mrs. Roboto
Content Robot

Post Episode S07E10 (Aired 2001-12-15)

Cast: Alex Borstein, Frank Caliendo, Mo Collins, Andrew Daly, Michael McDonald, Will Sasso, Aries Spears, Stephnie Weir and Debra Wilson

Featuring: Kathryn Fiore

Guest Starring: Sting and Jewel
  • Music Video: Col-P With Dubya-B "World, World, World" (Powell To The People; Director: Penny Marshall; Will- George W. Bush, Aries- Colin Powell)
  • Santa's Elves (Alex, Stephnie, Michael, Mo)
  • Holiday Greetings - Kenny Rogers (Will- Kenny Rogers, Frank- Benny Rogers)
  • Trina's Christmas Miracle (Andrew, Mo- Mary Trina Paul Moss, Aries- Big Ol' Joe)
  • Destiny's Child - Message to the Troops (Debra- Beyoncé Knowles)
  • One Christmas Morning (Michael Mo)
  • VH1 My Music Awards (Alex, Will; Jewel, Heather Locklear, Benjamin Bratt, Jill Hennessy, Steven Cojocaru, Kelsey Grammer, Sting, Michael Michele, Chris Isaak, Tommy Lee)
  • MC Hammer - Message to the Troops (Aries- MC Hammer)
  • Not Me Lord (Debra- Barbara, Kathryn- Shaniqua, Frank, Aries- John Sheppard, Michael- Jesus)
  • Kingsford Family Christmas (Andrew- Frank Kingsford, Alex- Alison Kingsford, Stephnie- Suzie Kingsford, Mo- Grandma Kingsford)
  • Sandy Pym's Movie Minute - Lord of the Rings (Michael- Sandy Pym)
  • Close: Aries & Cast/ Trina's Christmas Miracle Outtakes (Andrew, Mo- Mary Trina Paul Moss, Aries- Big Ol' Joe)

View Post Old 12/15/2001, 11:20 PM
Mel
This message is hidden because Mel was banned from the site.
Old 12/16/2001, 12:16 AM

LOL @ Mel's Stephnie Weir comment

[zac.]

Old 12/16/2001, 9:04 AM
Angie -- Michael McD fan!
Staff Alumnus

I agree about the bin Laden sketches...they're getting pretty old pretty fast.

The Destiny's Child thing was repetitive, I agree, but at least it was short.

God, the show really started out badly, didn't it? As soon as I saw Bush/Will I just rolled my eyes "Here we go again!"

And then there was a glimmer of hope with the elves sketch. Okay, it wasn't great, but at least Will wasn't in it.

And then Will shows back up again as Kenny Rogers. And not only that, but he pulls Frank into my nightmare! Nooooo!

The Trina sketch: I'm not sure what to think of it. I did laugh a couple times, but I was more grossed out than anything. Who knew they'd beat the puking and kissing thing? All in all, I didn't think it was great.

Like Mel, I did love the one with the parents forgetting about Xmas. Maybe I was just missing Michael too much and I would've liked anything he did but I did think that one was cute.

The Red Carpet was definitely a brighter spot in the show for me though. The first half of the show was such a letdown and Alex really lifted my spirits! Still, it wasn't the best Red Carpet sketch, but it came just in time for me!

The MC Hammer thing...that was short, wasn't it? Pointless? I don't know, I barely remember it.

The funeral sketch: I actually really liked this one. But again, maybe I was just missing Michael so much again and I would've liked anything.

I also liked the Xmas morning sketch. It would've been alot better if Stephnie wasn't the lead in it (I thought it was yet another return of 'drama queen-Dorothy'...her characters are too alike). I did think the idea of the sketch was great though, at least. I wish Alex was the lead.

The Sandy Pym Movie Minute: Ummm... I dreamed about that guy last night! LOL! CREEPY as hell! Anyway, the skit was short and kind of funny (in a dumb way) so it was okay. But again, nothing spectacular. At least it wasn't Rusty, Stuart or Fightin' Ron!

So, I give this episode a 5 and a half out of 10, I think. Not as bad as last week, thank God!

Guard: Lift up your shirt, son.
Chris: I need an adult! I need an adult!
Guard: You're not a shoplifter, you're just a fat kid. Sorry about that fatty fat fatty. Hey Tom, he's just a fat kid! Aren't you, fatty? You're just a big ol' fat kid. Here's some chocolate, fatso.
Chris: Thanks!
Lois: Oh, honey, no one thinks you're fat.
Lifeguard: I'm sorry ma'am, you can't park your van on the diving board.
Lois: This is my son!
Lifeguard: Oh. My apologies. Hey Tom! He's not a van, he's just a fat kid!
--Family Guy
Old 12/16/2001, 12:18 PM

Default Yet, Another Bad Episode

Normally, when I watch a Mad TV episode for a second time, it doesn't seem as bad as the first time, but I've decided I'm going to write my review without watching it for a second time. This way, I can really see the dirt that needs to be scrubed out of the show.

World, World, World- At first, I thought this was gonna be another stupid sketch with George "Dubya" against Bin Laden. But when it turned into a parody of "Girls, Girls, Girls", I actually kind of liked the sketch.

Elves- This was a long, stupid sketch. And Stephnie was using her most annoying voice to put the salt on the wound.

Kenny & Benny Rogers- Kenny Rogers returns to terrorize the stage, this time with his son, Benny (Frank). Frank actually did a pretty good job of sounding like Will here, and that could've been funny if it wasn't such a bad impression.

Trina's Christmas- At the beginning, I thought I was actually going to see a good Trina sketch without her revealing any disgusting body parts. I was right, up until the 'Kidney Stones' affair. That ruined the whole sketch. I don't know if anybody else had this problem, but the sketch was cut in half because of a commercial. Did anybody else see this happen or was it just in my area?

Destiny's Child- They just did something exactly like this last week, geez. At least they kept it short. If it had gone on much longer, it would've been just plain terrible.

Forgotten Christmas- The kids were annoying, but that was pretty much the only bad thing about the sketch. These are the type of characters I wanna see Micheal McDonald play. His recurring characters are terrible, but I love him playing these 'sarcastic' type of characters. Popstars, Child Genius, now Forgotten Christmas, these sketches are when Micheal McDonald kicks ass.

Music Awards- Another sketch with Alex and Will, and the highlight of the episode. A lot of sexual induendo (if that's how you spell it???) but that made it funny. "There's a chill in the air and a tingle in my crotch"

MC Hammer- Not that great, but at least it was short.

Funeral- This started out with potential, but ended terribly. As soon as Jesus walked in, I walked out. This was the second sketch of the night that ended with people running in circles.
Even I would never play Jesus!. I think Will Sasso said the same thing.

Bad Christmas- This was alright, Stephnie was a bit annoying, but it still went pretty good. The ending had a pretty funny twist, but does Stephnie ALWAYS have to use that annoying voice. If it weren't for the annoying voice, this could've one of the best sketches of the season.

Sandy Pym Movie Minute- This was a short, sharp sketch. As long as Micheal McDonald isn't playing terrible characters, he's a very valueble cast member.

Overall- This was mostly a pretty weak episode. Micheal was at his best here (except for Funeral), while Stephnie was at her worst. I'd give it a 4/10.

-Antonio

-Titus 6:11

Last edited by Antonio; 12/16/2001 at 9:26 PM.
Old 12/16/2001, 12:49 PM
Staff Alumnus

The Trina sketch wasn't cut in half over here. That would've drove me nuts too, especially since it wasn't that good anyway.

I agree with you about Michael. You said my magic word, Popstars! Damn, I want more of that guy! But yeah, his sarcastic and mean characters are the best. Even in not-so-great/predictable sketches like the Gary Condit one from earlier this season. He MADE it good, in my opinion. "Here's a tip, don't ask me so many f#%$ing questions..." LOL!

Guard: You're not a shoplifter, you're just a fat kid. Sorry about that fatty fat fatty. Hey Tom, he's just a fat kid! Aren't you, fatty? You're just a big ol' fat kid. Here's some chocolate, fatso.
--Family Guy
Old 12/16/2001, 3:04 PM
Winter is coming, and SO AM I
Administrator

http://www.madtvcentral.com/710review.html

View Post Old 12/16/2001, 3:37 PM
Mel
View Post Old 12/17/2001, 11:53 PM
Mel
Old 12/18/2001, 8:06 AM
Staff Alumnus

Yeah, the anthrax stuff is pretty low. The idea seemed too easy as well. Santa's letters and anthrax. C'mon! Bottom of the barrel.

That's why I DID enjoy the Xmas morning one, even though Steph was the lead. But at least that had a great premise...the type of thing lots of people have gone through (in their mind only) and it got amplified 100%, like Vancouver said.

LOL nothing can beat the "easy to assemble" one that David did in the first year though...ROFL!!

--Family Guy
View Post Old 12/18/2001, 12:31 PM
Mel
Old 12/18/2001, 1:47 PM
Staff Alumnus

LOL! Thanks for the PM, Mel.

At first, I thought you said I had PMS!

--Family Guy
Old 12/18/2001, 4:29 PM
Winter is coming, and SO AM I
Administrator

LOL!

View Post Old 12/18/2001, 11:05 PM
Mel