Go Back   Planet MADtv > Our Database > MADtv Repository > MADtv Episode Guide > Season 12 (2006-2007)
Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Notices

View Poll Results: What was your favorite sketch of #1217?
Open: Edge's Workout 0 0%
$40-a-day #1-3 12 75.00%
Last Speech #1 0 0%
Girl's Soccer Awards Ceremony 0 0%
Attitudes and Feelings, Both Desirable and Sometimes Secretive Part IV 0 0%
Brutha at the Cinema 2 12.50%
Adam Gives a Toast 1 6.25%
Crafty Gals: Video Store 0 0%
Last Speech #2 1 6.25%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03/17/2007, 10:04 PM
zlolz

Ok WTF, my VCR apparently chose to tape the wrong channel and so I wound up getting Saturday-Freaking Night Live instead of MADtv. *commits suicide* That torrent better be up soon.

I'll review this episode as soon as I finish destroying my VCR.

Old 03/17/2007, 10:28 PM
zlolz

Ok, the anger has slowly left me, so here's mah amazing review.

Open: Arden and the Edge: Um...I really hope that they WANTED us to know that Arden was a dummy because if they didn't, it was pretty obvious. This was a pretty good open, though, nothing amazing or horrible.
Rachel Ray: Breakfast: I'm reviewing these seperately. I don't know why but I am. But anyways, this one was hilarious! I don't know how good Nicole's Rachael Ray was since I've only seen her like, once, but I'm sure it was amazing. It's interesting to note Jordan and Nicole wrote these...they can write some good stuff.
Battle Speech: Execution: Like I said, better then the first one. It didn't drone on and on like the first one did (even though the 1st one was good). I really can't see them recurring this again, though, but who knows? I'm sure MAD will find some way to do it again.
Rachael Ray: Lunch: This was my least favorite of the Rachael Ray sketches just because it wasn't as...eventful as the other two. That being said, it was still pretty good. And it made me hungry for a sub.
Soccor Girls Awards Ceremony: For some reason this sketch made me laugh a lot. It was kind of dumb and didn't really go anywhere, but I liked it for some reason. Pretty good one-off.
Attidues and Feelings Season Finale: Oh man, the bread commercial thing almost had me LITERALLY rolling on the floor laughing. The rest of this sketch was a little bit dull, but the bread thing made me give it a (Oh, and this is the last one this season, obviously).
Brutha on the Make II: Better then the first Brutha on the Make, because I thought NRJ acted more like a man in this one then she did in the first. Also, we actually got to see Darrell's crush this time. I liked this.
Racheal Ray: Dinner: Oh man, this was HILARIOUS and by FAR the best of the Rachael Ray sketches. Rachael getting drunk and then breaking down was hilarious. Also, the end..."YOU HAVE A BOYFRIEND?!". Definitley a 5-star sketch.
Adam Tells a Story: Reception: Basically on par with the first Adam Tells a Story sketch. It's a new character for Nicole so i'm not complaining. Nicole also looked hawt here.
Crafty Gals: Video Store: What's with all the video store sketches lately? Celebrity Obsessed in 1215, Curious Old Lady in 1216 and now Crafty Gals in 1217. Anyway, Crafty Gals was up-and-down for me last season, and i'd say this was on of their weaker ones. It was way too short and nothing terribly funny happened. Worst sketch of the night, but it was still ok.

[I feel like i'm missing something...am I?]

Overall: Another good episode. Nothing bombed and nothing was really even bad. I was disappointed in the lack of animation/claymation and that there was a little less sketches then normal this season, but it was still good. It was a recurring character-gasm for the most part, which we haven't really had in Season 12 until now so it's not horrible. Oh, and after all the talk about Celebrity Obsessed, it didn't even appear.

8/10

Oh and Lisa wasn't in this episode again, but I think she didn't tape too many sketches (i know of 2 others besides the 3 that aired)

Next Week - 2 weeks of repeats ahead of, first of 1205, then one of 1210. I'm guessing 1218 will air after that. Who knows though.

Old 03/17/2007, 10:57 PM
Fresh Meat

Arden and the Edge
This was an okay opening. I found it funny when Edge was using the Arden dummy to hit the guy, but that's it. Overall I found Arden to be really stupid, but she looked great.

Rachel Ray: 40$ a Day
These were hilarious. Like always Nicole imitated her perfectly. My favorite was breakfast where she was ordering. Jordan was great in this too, he's a good actor.

Battle Speech
This was okay. I only laughed when Jordan was talking. Ike just always kills the scenes for me, I don't know why.

Soccer Girls Awards
This was really pointless but funny as hell. Michael did a good job. My favorite was the "Name rhymes with James Bond award."

Attidues and Feelings Season Finale
This was good, but not the best sketch from AAF. I didn't understand what the president was talking about at the beginning. I found it funny when they just cut to Bobby sitting on Edge. Oh and the bread commercial was HILARIOUS. I couldn't stop laughing.

Brutha on the Make II
I never saw the first one, so I don't have anything to compare it to. Nicole was really creepy but funny. When she was liking her lips I couldn't stop laughing. Also Crista looked GREAT

Adam Tells a Story
I was more amazed of the picture quality of this sketch than the actual jokes. It was good, but not amazing. Also I found it funny how Nicole was drinking wine and then later in the sketch Michael yells at her about how she's 4 months pregnant.

Crafty Girls
I missed this sketch. N/A

Overall
I liked this episode. Nicole P & RJ really stood out in this episode. 7.5/10
Old 03/18/2007, 12:04 AM
Staff Alumnus
Staff Alumnus

I've got a lot of work to do with all these new recurring characters! EEP!

I'll review this sucker when I get done watching it. West coasting it right now, suckas!
Old 03/18/2007, 12:32 AM
Run & Tell DAT! Homeboy!

This episode has made three new characters officially recurring. I think they all should have been left one-offs, but I'm just glad to see Jordan finally getting his own recurring character, plus new ones for Micheal and Nicole RJ.

I'll review this ep (or not) when I get the torrent. I've barely been paying attention to it.

Old 03/18/2007, 1:34 AM
Obsessed!

I hate myself...I've seen about 3 episodes when they originallyt airded this season........I'm not a good fan...I missed tonights too

- "He looka lika man." - Bunny Swan
-"This has been Cabana Chat, and this AHH AHH AHHHHHH is Dixie Wetsworth!" -Dixie Wetsworth, Cabana Chat
-"Tcha...ya know what? Huh-uh!" - The Vancome Lady
-"You're so sexy!" - 2-Litre Beth
-"Look how little my gloves are!" - Dot Goddard
-"Sit your ass on down for a big ol' slice of truth, and a side of wisdom" - Tovah McQueen
-"Look what I can do!" ~ Stuart
Old 03/18/2007, 7:10 AM
just crazy

I was undecided if the last half hour to see SNL (only because of that hot MILF Julia Louis-Dreyfus) or Madtv.

Open: Arden and the Edge:
Rachael Ray: Breakfast:
Battle Speech: Execution: :
Rachael Ray: Lunch: bridge between first and last.
Soccer Girls Awards Ceremony: Stupidly funny.
Attidues and Feelings Season Finale: this was good enough, and yes the bread was the best part
Brutha on the Make II: If I was Crista , I would had slapped Darrel's face in a minute. Loved this one.
Racheal Ray: Dinner: Why Madtv put this separately? It would had rocked if it was together. Best of 3 only to see her drunk, priceless
Adam Tells a Story: Reception: HD test anyone?
Crafty Gals: Video Store: Rurry asked why at the video store. It's like the Yaris plugs MAD had, only with movies. This time it was the Rise of Taj & Turistas.

And I did not see the end. by that time I was watching SNL ( Jullllia!)

Overall: One of those episodes that are in the middle. Nothin' good, nothin' bad.

7/10

Trying to make my way into college...
Old 03/18/2007, 10:42 AM
zlolz

For no real reason, here's the number of sketches everyone appeared in last night...

Nicole P - 4 (all 3 $40 a Day, Adam Gives a Toast)
Jordan - 4 (all 3 $40 a day, Last Speech)
Crista - 3 (Brutha on the Make II, Adam Gives a Toast, Crafty Gals)
Arden - 3 (Open, Adam Gives a Toast, Crafty Gals)
Frank - 3 (Final Speech, Adam Gives a Toast, Crafty Gals)
Michael - 2 (Soccor Awards, Adam Gives a Toast)
Ike - 2 (Final Speech, Adam Gives a Toast)
Nicole RJ - 1 (Brutha on the Make II)
Bobby - 1 (Attidues and Feelings)
Keegan - 1 (Final Speech)

So...Nicole P and Jordan got the most airtime and Nicole RJ, Bobby (), and Keegan got the least. It's pretty shocking to me that Bobby was only in 1 sketch.

Oh and also, the fact that the Attidues and Feelings sketch said "Tune in next season to see what happens", I think that means there will be a Season 13.

Last edited by Rurry; 03/18/2007 at 11:31 AM.
Old 03/18/2007, 12:22 PM
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Information View Post
The Edge, a WWE RAW Superstar
Actually, his name is just EDGE. No "The" in it.

Just a minor correction.

Old 03/18/2007, 12:35 PM
Run & Tell DAT! Homeboy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurry View Post
Oh and also, the fact that the Attidues and Feelings sketch said "Tune in next season to see what happens", I think that means there will be a Season 13.
Bobby was only in one sketch in 1208.

Also, for no real reason, the writers in this episode:

$40 a Day--Written by Nicole P and Jordan
Battle Speech--Written by Jordan
Adam Gives a Toast--Written by Micheal
Brutha on the Make II--Written by Nicole RJ

Old 03/18/2007, 3:00 PM
Hardcore Fan

What a good episode, the "Can I get your number" character improved so much this week!
Old 03/24/2007, 4:58 PM
Still the best!

I thought this episode was fantastic. I loved the $40 a Day bits, Nicole's Rachael Ray impression was spot-on, and Jordan's character was funny. I also loved Marcus McCloud - I hope to see him again, the humor in these sketches is so crazy and random it works. I also liked the "Can I Have Your Number?" character, coming from someone who wasn't a fan of him his first time around. As usual I liked the Korean Soap Opera sketch. Unlike a lot of you, I usually like The Crafty Gals, so as usual I liked them. The only thing I didn't care for too much was the wedding sketch, even if Michael and Nicole were excellent in it.

Overall this episode gets an A from me. Keep up the good work MADtv.
Old 03/24/2007, 7:05 PM
Hardcore Fan

By the way I one had that avatar you current got Moelle.
Old 04/01/2007, 2:31 AM
This girl rocks!

Hey, what's up? I know I don't post very often but I happenend to catch Mad TV this time, so here's my two cents.

Open: Arden and the Edge: Funny, but not too memorable. ***
Rachel Ray: These sketches were hilarious, coulda done without the second one. ****1/2
Battle Speech: Execution: It was okay for me, just like the first battle sketch. ***
Soccor Girls Awards Ceremony: I thought this was funny. Micheal really started to grow on me after all these years. ****
Attidues and Feelings Season Finale: Bread was the best part, so ****
Brutha on the Make II: NEW RECURRING CHARACTER! Loved NRJ. This is one of those rare sex-changing characters. Is Andria the only other one? Or did Aries do one? *****
Adam Tells a Story: Reception: Very much like the first one. Loved it but had enough. This was a "cake" sketch for me. "You can never have too much of a good thing", except cake. ****
Crafty Gals: Video Store: Unlike some of the other members here, I actually like the crafty gals, I just think they should be out and about more often rather than selling crafts. I think the sketches would do better that way.
***1/2

Stop laughing at my stars, I haven't figurd out how to make them all big and shiny yet.

Hail all french horn players!

America’s Sweetheart + Weirdo from Mad TV = Heidi Groskreutz
I'm not a pessimist....I'm an AWESOMIST!!!
Old 04/01/2007, 8:17 AM
zlolz

Just type : star : without the spaces. Or quote my post and copy this code...

Old 02/07/2008, 2:33 PM
Darth Tater
Staff Alumnus

The $40-a-day was the only real good sketch here, yet the thread gets a 5 star rating, ferserious?

Old 02/07/2008, 3:13 PM
zlolz

Well, the $40 a Day sketch is amazing enough to earn this episode SIX stars

No, really, it's definitely not a 5-star ep, its not bad, but its not a 5-star episode either. 1213 and 1220 are much more deserving of a 5-star rating.

Old 02/07/2008, 3:53 PM
Hardcore Fan

I disagree. This is a 5-star episode.
Old 02/08/2008, 5:08 AM
Winter is coming, and SO AM I
Administrator

No love for "Brutha at the Cinema"? That was one of the funniest sketches all season long!

Old 02/08/2008, 11:58 AM
"You, sir, are sissified"
Staff Alumnus

Who's in the minority now? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

(Hey, just let me enjoy the moment.)

In a shocking turn of events, I voted for the Rachael Ray parody, the virtues of which I've already detailed. God, I'm such a follower. Actually, I hate agreeing with everyone else; it makes me feel all...funny inside.

"We can dig it!"