Go Back   Planet MADtv > Everything Else > Off-topic Discussion
Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09/10/2004, 6:25 PM
Run & Tell DAT! Homeboy!

Default Three years ago...

You know, tomorrow will be the third anniversary of September 11. My heart goes out to the victims' families.

Old 09/10/2004, 6:57 PM
BREAKING BENJAMIN

God Bless everyone. Happy Patriot Day .

Old 09/10/2004, 8:44 PM
Lurking around the corner
Staff Alumnus

IMO...bringing up the subject every year is pathetic...we live through the grief over and over again...the news always does this...they must like to make us scared and weep over it again...why? all we should do is show our sympathy without reliving the whole thing over again....

But--My heart does go out to the families that lost someone...

**The above is MY opinion, if you dont like it, fine, just respect it, thanks**

Old 09/10/2004, 9:14 PM
Darth Tater
Staff Alumnus

LeachC, you don't need to put your little "disclaimers" at the bottom of every post. We can all see that it's your opinion, but this is a forum and people have every right to respond to your post and disagree with you / flame you if they want. That's what a forum is all about. I don't see how an Anniversary is "pathetic", considering the number of people that died in 9/11 and the fact that Osama Bin Laden, the man behind the attacks, is still at large. Also considering the number of terrorist threats put upon the USA and all the US embassies around the world, wouldn't you think there is cause to be scared and "weep"?

Old 09/10/2004, 9:16 PM
BREAKING BENJAMIN

I don't think we should make a really huge thing out of it to relive it, but of course we should always at one point in the day stop for a minute's silence and remember what happened, and why we're proud to be Americans. And maybe why the president who turned our country around after that tragic event should be re-elected. **Cough**cough**

Old 09/10/2004, 9:20 PM
Lurking around the corner
Staff Alumnus

Quote:
Originally posted by Jim_Cockhurtz
LeachC, you don't need to put your little "disclaimers" at the bottom of every post. We can all see that it's your opinion, but this is a forum and people have every right to respond to your post and disagree with you / flame you if they want. That's what a forum is all about. I don't see how an Anniversary is "pathetic", considering the number of people that died in 9/11 and the fact that Osama Bin Laden, the man behind the attacks, is still at large. Also considering the number of terrorist threats put upon the USA and all the US embassies around the world, wouldn't you think there is cause to be scared and "weep"?
I understand what you are saying, and your right, there is cause to be scared and weep, but IMO the news over does it. I do feel sorry for the people that died, like I said, my heart goes out to them. But IMO the news makes us more scared and sad by doing "re-livings". Like what MJB12 said...and when I said Pathetic, I meant what news does...

Old 09/11/2004, 1:20 AM
Only Passing Through

Default Know what I choose to remember?

I don't choose to remember those ball-less cowards who slaughtered innocent men, women and children and left thousands of families in tears.

I choose to remember AFTER the attacks. The love and friendship for our fellow human beings. The American Flags that were flying. The people who donated blood, food, clothing and manpower for nothing more than a thank you, IF that. I remember how many people went to join the army, just for the slighest chance they could get their hands on that slimy, greasy, takes a bath every twenty years looking Osama Bin Ladin. How our President, George W. Bush, took charge and I could've sworn I was listening to Ronald Reagan ( and I mean that in a GOOD way... ) and vowed to get Bin Ladin. How members of Congress, BOTH Democrats AND Republicans, put their collective differences aside to join with our President. Holding hands and singing " God Bless America. "

My father gave his life for the flag. You better damn well believe when I bleed, my blood is red, white and blue. I still want to find that ZZ Top, William Lee Golden looking piece of camel **** and shove a lit firecracker in every orafice he has. And Bin Ladin, we WILL find your monkey ass. And we're gonna shave that stupid looking beard of yours... Shoulda remebered the old adage... " You don't throw rocks at a man who's got a machine gun. "

God Bless The United States, God Bless our troops and God Bless everyone who's life was affected in someway by 9-11. Which, unless I miss my guess, is pretty much ALL of us.

" Well, the eagle's been flyin' slow and the flag's been flyin' low
And a lot of people say that America's fixing to fall...
But speaking just for me, and a few people from Planet MAD TV
We got a thing or two to tell you all
This lady may have stumbled, but she ain't never fell
And if the terrorists don't believe that, they can all go straight to Hell... -

" In America ", CDB, paraphrased

Last edited by Dark Monarch; 09/12/2004 at 3:41 PM.
Old 09/11/2004, 3:55 AM
I'm watching you.
Staff Alumnus

I'm all agog!
Attached Files
File Type: wav agog.wav (13.0 KB, 18 views)

Old 09/12/2004, 7:30 AM
Regular

9/11 was sad yes, shouldn't have happened of course and I really feel for the families of those lost.
But also to those who suffer needlessly, who don't get a second thought, dying everyday, every second, who don't get their own date to be remembered by except by those of their family that may be left.
To the third world people..I wish the world was in a better state than it's in. God bless everyone.
Old 09/12/2004, 3:38 PM
Only Passing Through

Default VERY WELL SAID...

Quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch
9/11 was sad yes, shouldn't have happened of course and I really feel for the families of those lost.
But also to those who suffer needlessly, who don't get a second thought, dying everyday, every second, who don't get their own date to be remembered by except by those of their family that may be left.
To the third world people..I wish the world was in a better state than it's in. God bless everyone.
Right on. Oh, and question EVERYTHING...lol.
Old 09/12/2004, 6:47 PM
WHERE'S MY BROTHER?!

Quote:
Originally posted by Jim_Cockhurtz

Amen.

Cake. It comes in flavors like chocolate and regular.
Cake. DON'T FORGET THE FROSTING.
Cake. Share it with a friend.
[/color]