Go Back   Planet MADtv > Sketch Comedy > General Discussion
Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11/21/2001, 8:45 PM
Xcenocanth Ctenithicus

Default Stephanie Weir VS Nicole Sullivan

Hi everyone,
I've watched Mad Tv for several years. It is my favorite show next to the Simpsons and I watch the repeats every night. A few years ago, I met Phil LaMarr and he's an awesome guy..Totally classy and talented.
But as for Mad TV, I've been troubled by Stephanies recent domination of the show, she is playing parts meant for Nicole, Alex, and Mo. She is very talented...But she is NO Nicole...Here are the reasons why:
1) While Stephanie is a good actress...She can't do the straight woman character very well. Her best performance of this was in, "Who do you love?"...No more annoying twangy voice...Compared to Nicole, who could play the straight character, the idiot(Antonia), and so on.
2) Her impressions...I mean they all seem to be the same. Julia Stiles was the best, but it wasn't Julia Stiles. Her impressions all seem to be valley girl rehashes(Darva Conger, Farrah Fawcett) Nicole could do Celine Dion, Briteny Spears, etc.
3) She is replacing roles meant for Mo and Mo could be seen as the next Nicole, we all know Mo can do anything and her voice is just as annoying(note to everyone: she actually talks like Stuarts Mom...watch that episode where Swan goes to the video store...THAT IS MO'S ACTUAL ANNOYING VOICE)

View Post Old 11/22/2001, 7:04 AM
Mel
This message is hidden because Mel was banned from the site.
Old 11/30/2001, 11:26 AM
Fresh Meat

Hey, I want to say That I agree that Stephanie Weir is a no talent hack. Nicole Sullivan was a very good female actor who knew how to act. Seson Seven is turning out bad because of certain elements.

Old 11/30/2001, 6:50 PM
Casual Fan

I gotta disagree I think this seventh season is great and I think Weir is funny, her charectars are histeracle and definitly meant for her with her voice.

Of coarse there is no comparison to Nicole, If anything Mo is taking the place of Nicole...

Old 02/17/2005, 4:57 AM
MADtv Fan Since 1995.

Default RE: Stephanie vs. Nicole

I love them both & think they are both funny, but I will always go with Nicole. She made me laugh more, especially w/ Antonia & The Vancome Lady. My favorite Stephanie characters: Dot, Mrs. Campbell, among many others.
Old 02/17/2005, 7:55 PM
Regular

OMG, I love Stephnie. She is very funny. Now I think u went way to far with comparing Steph. to Nicole. Both of them r very different people. Now Nicole is very talented, but that doesn't mean that u have to say that Steph. isn't good.

Old 02/18/2005, 3:49 PM
Total Weirdo Freak

This is soooo old. Your trying to argue w/ someone who posted this in 2001...shouldn't there be some kinda rule where u're not allowd to bring threads back from the dead...especially ones from years ago...a lot of other forums I've been to don't allow this. This thread should be locked.
Old 02/19/2005, 12:05 AM
Not a fighter a writer

Default I think

I think that Stephnie and Nicole are both great and I will not compare the two girls to eachother or up against eachother when their not putting themselves against eachother.In other words.I hate comparing and this person Vs that person.

Heroes,Private Practice,Greek, Ugly Betty,Grey's Antomy, Pushing daisies,Gossip girl are all great shows.

Country Music, and 80's and 90's pop is great music
Old 02/19/2005, 9:21 AM
BREAKING BENJAMIN

In today's MADtv, Stephnie is one of the most talented cast members.

Old 02/19/2005, 9:43 AM
I'm watching you.

Yeah, someone should lock these OLD posts.

STEPHANIE ROCKS. Period.

P.S -- I think its unfair for Steph to be compared to Nicole cuz each individual actress has different areas of speciality.. so Nicole is great in her own way, Steph is great in her own way too. Undoubtedly, both are great actresses.
Old 02/19/2005, 11:13 AM
Fresh Meat

I think Stephanie is funnier. I never laughed when NIcole was in a sketch. She's enjoyable but she never had me rolling on the floor.
Old 02/19/2005, 2:44 PM
Not a fighter a writer

Default I didn't

I didn't even realize this topic was from 4 years ago.It should be locked or deleted.But that's not up to me.

Heroes,Private Practice,Greek, Ugly Betty,Grey's Antomy, Pushing daisies,Gossip girl are all great shows.

Country Music, and 80's and 90's pop is great music
Old 02/19/2005, 3:10 PM
Only Passing Through

Steph is Vanilla and Nicole is Chocolate.

I can't really pick a favorite.
Old 02/19/2005, 4:41 PM
i'm an institution

Nicole and Steph are too different to compare. Its like saying "What's better, pickles or Harry Potter?". They both have/had awesome characters/impressions/etc. But at different times. Too much of a gap in between to compare them. I like 'em both.

oh hey, this place is different