Go Back   Planet MADtv > Sketch Comedy > General Discussion
Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03/16/2003, 10:08 PM
Yes, they're real.
Staff Alumnus

Yeah, Debra is great. What sucks is that the shows keeps losing good female cast members in the last few years, and hasn't gotten any good replacements back that lasted...

Since Season 6, Nicole, Alex & now Debra. And the only worthwhile addition was of course Stephnie.

Kathryn & Jill were both good, but didn't stick around long... The new girl Christina Moore seems good, but she's been used so very little.

They will need to fill this huge gaping hole when Debra leaves. Not to be rude, but who's going to play the female african american roles? Sux....

Old 03/17/2003, 12:29 AM
Hardcore Fan

it's offical now all the original cast members have left MADtv.
Maybe I should audition for Season 9
Old 03/17/2003, 3:31 AM
Staff Alumnus
Staff Alumnus

Quote:
Yeah, Debra is great. What sucks is that the shows keeps losing good female cast members in the last few years, and hasn't gotten any good replacements back that lasted...

Since Season 6, Nicole, Alex & now Debra. And the only worthwhile addition was of course Stephnie.

Kathryn & Jill were both good, but didn't stick around long... The new girl Christina Moore seems good, but she's been used so very little.

They will need to fill this huge gaping hole when Debra leaves. Not to be rude, but who's going to play the female african american roles? Sux....
Exactly. They lose excellent cast members, and the replacements don't amount to much. The current cast just isn't strong enough without her. At least when Nicole left, there was Debra, Alex, Mo, Stephnie, Will, Michael....a whole group of them who could still be counted on to consistantly carry sketches (although many times in season 7 they didn't). It just isn't that way anymore. Debra is the only person who has made me laugh out loud all season.

Of course I am not going to stop watching the show just because of her departure, but I am expecting a fairly large drop in quality. The only other consistant person this season in my opinion is Stephnie. She can't carry a whole show by herself. The cast has never been this bad before. I have always felt that they were strong and that everyone pulled their own weight and that there were numerous hilarious cast members. I don't know. I just don't feel that way anymore. I feel that it's divided. Many of the new recurring sketches will also be impossible to do without Debra, such as Sorority Row and Glamazon Huntresses along with of course the characters that she made famous. I'm hoping for a big Bunifa finale and a goodbye speech or something like Nicole got.

Maybe you're wondering why I'm posting this at 4:30am. I haven't been able to sleep all night. Call me too obsessed over MADtv, but this has really been bothering me. I have a lot of other stuff on my mind as well though. I'm helping out with a play and we had auditions yesterday and callbacks today, so I'm also thinking a lot about that. But, I'm sure I would have been able to sleep if it weren't for the Debra thing. I mean...sometimes I wonder if this means the end of MADtv as we know it?

I'm also hoping that she at least has the amount of success that Phil and Nicole have had after MADtv (regular roles on various other shows), instead of just going off into the world of nothingness like too many cast members have in the past. It just doesn't seem fair that people like Jimmy Fallon are guaranteed success after Saturday Night Live, but Debra (who is way more talented than Jimmy in my opinion) will most likely have no career. It almost feels as if she is dead and that we'll never see her again as stupid as that sounds. I am hoping for the best for her future, but MADtv cast members rarely hit it big in other venues. It just pisses me off SO much.

::sigh:: Maybe I'll try getting back to bed now. Enough ranting for tonight. I just had to get that off my chest. I feel a little bit better.

"If you want to be a better actor - a better lawyer, doctor, teacher - anything - be a better human being." ~ Debra Wilson
Old 03/17/2003, 8:58 AM
Travis aka... God!

You know, she could just be a little weary of this show. I mean she's been on it for what, 8 years. That's quite a while. No matter how good it is, she could still be getting a little bored with it. Who knows. She is my favorite cast member, but if she doesn't want to be on the show anymore then I wouldn't think of making her do something she doesn't want to do. And maybe this news isn't quite true. There are always mess ups in transmitting news. Maybe she is just thinking of quitting the show and Mad Dog's inside source just got the wrong idea.

Old 03/17/2003, 2:12 PM
Staff Alumnus
Staff Alumnus

Quote:
You know, she could just be a little weary of this show. I mean she's been on it for what, 8 years. That's quite a while. No matter how good it is, she could still be getting a little bored with it. Who knows. She is my favorite cast member, but if she doesn't want to be on the show anymore then I wouldn't think of making her do something she doesn't want to do. And maybe this news isn't quite true. There are always mess ups in transmitting news. Maybe she is just thinking of quitting the show and Mad Dog's inside source just got the wrong idea.
Oh, I'm sure she is. I don't blame her at all. I wish her the best, it's just that the show will suffer without her.

And I believe Mad Dog's source 100%. Believe me, this is not false information.

"If you want to be a better actor - a better lawyer, doctor, teacher - anything - be a better human being." ~ Debra Wilson
Old 03/17/2003, 6:56 PM
Right-wing rocker

Quote:
Originally posted by Cat_Named_CeCe
Oh, I'm sure she is. I don't blame her at all. I wish her the best, it's just that the show will suffer without her.

And I believe Mad Dog's source 100%. Believe me, this is not false information.
It's not that I don't believe Mad Dog, or Mad Dog's source. The thing is though, maybe Travis is right. I mean Frank himself said he hadn't heard for sure that Debra is quitting, and he'd know better than any of us, right?

I wouldn't hold it against Debra if she wanted to quit though. She's been on the same show for nearly a decade. I'd want to branch out too. It will truly be a shame, though, because Debra's my favorite cast member, and she's a true talent, and a rare one at that. She will be sorely missed by all MADtv fans. However, I do hope to see her become an even bigger celebrity. God knows she deserves some recognition!

Chris - Hey mama! ; )
Old 05/17/2003, 9:53 PM
Mr. Jessica Alba

This really really sucks! My favorites always leave!

Old 06/05/2003, 6:14 PM
Regular

Is Debra really going to leave? If so, when do we find out offically?
Old 06/05/2003, 8:52 PM
Rufff Rufff!!!

Frank told me that there's gonna be an Emmy party for MADtv (something like that) and he said he'll see who shows up for that and will know. Usually at the end of July the announcement is official.

Old 06/05/2003, 9:09 PM
Regular

thanks for the info.
I hope she'll stay. If she's decided to go, all her characters will have to leave as well...
Old 06/07/2003, 5:10 PM
Fresh Meat

That is a sad and devestating news.......oh well.....you win some, you lose some.......

~~Lorraine, Lady MADtv~~