Go Back   Planet MADtv > Sketch Comedy > Front Page News
Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09/26/2009, 1:24 AM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

Post From Foot Dicing to Hillbilly Husband, Crista Joins "Hank"

Well, days after Crista Flanagan mangled a company executives foot with a John Deer lawn mower as Lois on "Mad Men", it seems that she has found another job already, as she will be replacing Melissa McCarthy on the new Kelsey Grammer series "Hank".

Crista will be playing Dawn, the sister in law to Hank who, get this, will be married to David Koechner (of "Anchorman", and Todd Packer on "The Office" fame), who plays a hillbilly type character. Crista may not be in the first, or first few episodes, as Melissa may have been playing the role for a few episodes before the canning, but unless the show gets canceled before that, Crista should appear. Though an odd connection, Flan fans may rejoice at the fact that they can now see Crista week to week, unlike on Mad Men, where they could only see her in certain episodes.

This does however raise a whole bunch of questions.
  • What will happen to her "Mad Men" character? I mean, after all, who hasn't gotten drunk, and caused a bloody mess at an office party?
  • Will Crista's Flan Ship help "Hank", which is already being panned even before it's airing, stay around longer?
  • Why in the article posted does it say that Crista was on "MADtv" for 3 years?! 3 years?! Why do none of these sites go to "Planet MADtv" to get there facts right! It was 5 years!

Well regardless of how long Crista's stint on "Hank" lasts, one thing should be mentioned. The later, and often criticized cast of MADtv is probably doing more things right now than any other cast in MADtv history. With Crista on "Mad" and "Hank", Keegan on Gary Unmarried, Arden doing all different kinds of things, Matt hosting his own podcast, Nicole P ruling it on Broadway, Jordan playing Barack Obama on the show "The Station" premiering later this year, and Lauren having a role of True Blood, it is looking like despite the fact "MAD" is gone, the later cast is doing so much in the entertainment world, that "MAD" will not be forgotten too quickly.

Rise from the Dead!

Planet MADtv (August 28th 2002- August 28th 2009, August 28th 2010)

Old 09/26/2009, 1:32 AM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

About the Mad Men thing, I'm not sure if anyone has been reading around about it, but by what I've heard many people are saying that the incident, which is being known as Footgate, is one of Mad Men's greatest moments, if not the greatest. It even made TV Guide's Top Moments of the week, coming in at #1. Way to go Crista!

As for the show, I think we'll be lucky if we even get to see Crista at all on it, because by what I've heard, this show unfortunately looks to be on the fast train to cancelville.

Rise from the Dead!

Old 09/26/2009, 9:14 AM
Hardcore Fan

this show looks to be on the fast train to awesomeville, now that crista will be a part of it!

just to see what the show is all about, i found this preview of it on youtube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1a3BMTRYmk

according to the abc hank page, the series premiere is next wednesday, september 30th at 8pm eastern on abc
http://abc.go.com/shows/hank
Old 09/26/2009, 1:07 PM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

Yeah, but Crista may not be in that first episode, or the first few, since she is replacing someone who may have done a few episodes in that role.

Rise from the Dead!

Old 09/26/2009, 8:26 PM
Staff Alumnus
Staff Alumnus

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvmanismadformad View Post
As for the show, I think we'll be lucky if we even get to see Crista at all on it, because by what I've heard, this show unfortunately looks to be on the fast train to cancelville.
I'm not sure what you're reading... Mad Men was renewed for a fourth season earlier this month, it continues to win the Best Drama Emmy, and their ratings for this season have been among their best. So unless her character disappears forever, I'd say our chances of seeing her again are very good.

EDIT: Unless you're talking about Hank. That show looks atrocious and should be canceled immediately.
Old 09/26/2009, 8:53 PM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

I was talking about Hank.

Rise from the Dead!

Old 09/28/2009, 12:42 AM
Obsessed!

Congrats Crista!!!!!!!

- "He looka lika man." - Bunny Swan
-"This has been Cabana Chat, and this AHH AHH AHHHHHH is Dixie Wetsworth!" -Dixie Wetsworth, Cabana Chat
-"Tcha...ya know what? Huh-uh!" - The Vancome Lady
-"You're so sexy!" - 2-Litre Beth
-"Look how little my gloves are!" - Dot Goddard
-"Sit your ass on down for a big ol' slice of truth, and a side of wisdom" - Tovah McQueen
-"Look what I can do!" ~ Stuart
Old 10/06/2009, 5:31 PM
Hardcore Fan

crista is going to be on tomorrow's episode of hank!

you can see her in many of the episode pics at the following site!

http://thetvlegion.com/hank-s1e2-yard-sale-preview

she looks extremely happy

and, of course, extremely beautiful