Go Back   Planet MADtv > Our Database > MADtv Repository > MADtv Episode Guide > Season 11 (2005-2006)
Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11/08/2005, 4:02 PM
Darth Tater
Staff Alumnus

I thought it was a decent episode. I actually really liked the product placement bits, because they werent long and it was something different. Plus, Fred Willard is hilarious and I was glad they got him back to guest star. Oh, and DAMN Daniele is cut. She has a great body. Either she toned up over the break or we haven't been given a proper look at her for the past two seasons.

The iPad commercial was great. I thought it was very clever and very funny. Daniele and Arden work really well together.

Blind Master and On The Download were ok. Obviously they are going to be recurred, and hopefully they'll improve, but meh.

Frank Caeti I think is going to be a great addition to the cast. The baby sketch wasn't particularly well written, but it was a cool idea and his performance was great.

Besides the dancing, the Ellen sketch didn't do anything for me. It's the same old jokes about pronouncing words wrong and the "I'm looking for a joke" joke was used in the Hollywood Squares sketch in season 9. For shame.

I liked the neighbourhood watch sketch and Dorothy Lanier, even if they were a bit drawn out. Daniele and Arden were again good in their performances. The food-spitting thing in the neighbourhood watch sketch was funny, but also disturbing. Anything for a laugh, I guess.

Overall, I liked this episode and what I've seen from this season so far. There is room for improvement in the writing, but they haven't fallen back on stupid segments and overused recurring characters ... yet. Alot of the sketch ideas have been pretty creative and I don't mind the "backstage" bits as long as they are funny.

Old 11/09/2005, 2:22 PM
26/07/16!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Dartanian
Overall, I liked this episode and what I've seen from this season so far. There is room for improvement in the writing, but they haven't fallen back on stupid segments and overused recurring characters ... yet. Alot of the sketch ideas have been pretty creative and I don't mind the "backstage" bits as long as they are funny.
Yeah ive gotta agree with Dartanian here. I thought this episode was good, i generally liked every sketch with nothing being that bad. I liked the Duke Flickerman sketches because they were pretty short and Fred Willard's performance was funny, cant wait for the 250th (or 247th? ) episode.

Old 11/09/2005, 3:22 PM
I'm watching you.
Staff Alumnus

Quote:
Originally posted by funny_guy

Yeah ive gotta agree with Dartanian here. I thought this episode was good, i generally liked every sketch with nothing being that bad. I liked the Duke Flickerman sketches because they were pretty short and Fred Willard's performance was funny, cant wait for the 250th (or 247th? ) episode.
249th by our count. (the real count)

Old 11/09/2005, 6:27 PM
26/07/16!!

Quote:
Originally posted by MysterE
249th by our count. (the real count)
Lol yeah i saw you post a proper count somewhere but i couldnt remember the exact number i knew it wasnt 250 though

Old 11/09/2005, 7:16 PM
Fresh Meat

This episode was the rarest of lemon's.I concour with a lot of
the assessments about this one.Neighborhood Watch was fine
and Baby or Baby's First Steps totally reminded me of old school
episodes(95-97era)!
Old 11/10/2005, 3:50 PM
I'm watching you.
Staff Alumnus

Quote:
Originally posted by funny_guy

Lol yeah i saw you post a proper count somewhere but i couldnt remember the exact number i knew it wasnt 250 though
Actually, I posted the official madtv explanation of their count to the 200th. I don't think I ever mentioned anything on the public boards about the real count. Btw, the real count can always be found by going to the main index and looking for the number in the threads column.

[edit]
Quote:
Originally posted by MysterE

Btw, the real count can always be found by going to the main index and looking for the number in the threads column.
Since the 3 best of's have been added to the episodes forum, this statement no longer applies.[/edit]

Old 11/10/2005, 8:02 PM
Resident Movie Snob <3

iPad: I missed most of this, and I just gotta say, tuning in to see the dancing ipads left me feeling a tad awkward. heh

The Ellen DeGeneres Show: I really like Nicole's Ellen, but it really wasn't carrying the sketch. In fact, most of my attention was on Jordan. Please stop the dancing.

Duke Flickman Product Integration #1; Cluskers: Product placement can be funny... but it really wasn't. Tsk Tsk Fred.

Hollywood Meadow Estates Crime Watch Meeting: I liked this sketch. The way the dialogue between Daniele, Jordan and Arden was funny and the scene with Micheal spitting food? That part under normal cirsumstances would not be really clever or funny, but the fact that he spit the bread right into keegan's mouth (by accident, i assume) and Keegan just had to deal with it, that was funny.

Cluskers Tomato Juice: Yeah... it's like the same sketch, but with dancing!

Duke Flickman Product Integration #2; Duralog: First off, I wanna know where Arden and Daniele work out because they look great. But I wasn't too fond of these three, which is a shame cause I really like Fred Willard.

Blind Kung Fu Master: Quick journey into my brain: "Is that Pei Mei? On Kung-Fu? Oh no it's not........ that woulda been funny though. :hah: I hope this sketch ends soon :laughter: I have to pee."

Duralog: When Arden's voice was dubbed over, that was good stuff. hee

Drama Queen: Hurricane Relief Telethon: I feel bad for saying I wasn't into this one. I was kinda dissapointed. I love Dorothy...

Duke Flickman Product Integration #3; Goodyear: (I must have missed this)

Baby's First Steps: I thought this was a great sketch. I laughed my ass off, and it was a great spotlight on Frank Caeti... i'm looking forward to seeing more from him.

Duke Flickman Product Integration #4; Ugg Boots: "Hey.. look at all the ads on the walls"

MADtv's on/tHe/DoWnLoaD: Ok, I really liked this. I don't download much except things I get from my friends, so I hadn't seen these. The kid getting kicked in the head was freakin hilarious! It probably helped that Ike sang an inprompteu "Russian Music" song.

Close: Duke Flickman Product Integration #5; Mercedes: Not too good. Nice car though..

-------------------------------
"Tacocat is spelled the same backwards and fowards!"
Shawn 2/6/87 - 12/5/04

-------------------------------
Old 11/12/2005, 12:41 AM
Ready for a change
Active Supporter

iPad: this was hilarious 4/5

The Ellen DeGeneres Show: i've been hanging out to see a full length ellen sketch and it was a bit of a let down...i mean..john madden..bah 3/5

Duke Flickman #1 Cluskers: s'ok 2.5/5

Hollywood Meadow Estates Crime Watch Meeting: highlight was definitely michael spitting the food into jordans mouth and arden getting molested...good times 3.5/5

Duke Flickman #2 Duralog: Daniele and Arden have totally banging bodies,nuff said 4/5

Blind Kung Fu Master: i wasn't too sure what to make of this one.It did raise a chuckle though 3/5

Drama Queen: Hurricane Relief Telethon: pretty average..i'm not really a fan of the character either 2.5/5

Baby's First Steps:This was really funny,frank was really good.Love the walking on hands bit 4/5

Duke Flickman #4 Ugg Boots: so so 3/5

MADtv's on/tHe/DoWnLoaD: i love the videos i get sent through email,especially if its ones where people fall over or hurt themselves,the russian one was a highlight 3.5/5

Close: Duke Flickman #5 Mercedes whatever 2/5

Overall: not too bad,not the best though 3.5/5
Old 11/12/2005, 1:24 PM

iPad: I thought this was quite funny! It was probably awkward for the male viewers to watch, though.

The Ellen DeGeneres Show: Nicole and Frank had dead-pan impressions (as usual) but it didn't carry the sketch at all, and it was kind of boring.

Duke Flickman Product Integration #1; Cluskers: I think the concept was funny, but for some reason that sketch wasn't.

Hollywood Meadow Estates Crime Watch Meeting: This sketch was so-so. Although I liked the dialogue between Daniele, Jordan, and Arden.

Cluskers Tomato Juice: It wasn't funny the first time, and same for the second.

Duke Flickman Product Integration #2; Duralog: The sketch itself was unfunny, but Arden and Daniele have ****ing amazing bodies, so that made up for its unfunniness.

Blind Kung Fu Master: That was three minutes I'm never gonna get back.

Duralog: No.

Drama Queen: Hurricane Relief Telethon: What a letdown! I usually love Dorothy. I chuckled a bit, but it was disappointing.

Duke Flickman Product Integration #3; Goodyear: NO.

Baby's First Steps: I thought this was funny because Ike and Nicole remind me of my aunt and uncle in that sketch.

Duke Flickman Product Integration #4; Ugg Boots: I prefer this over the other product integration sketches. It was okay.

MADtv's on/tHe/DoWnLoaD: Eh...so-so. Not that good, not that bad.

Close: Duke Flickman Product Integration #5; Mercedes: This sketch was so boring my mind traveled to another place while watching it.

OVERALL: 2.5/5

BLACK POWER!
Stingray: Tight glutes, Midnight.
BABY GOT BACK!

Nicole Sullivan: Your mother's a whore.

"DON'T MAKE ME BREAK MY FOOT OFF IN YO' ASS!"
--That's My White Mama
Old 11/16/2005, 4:43 PM
.::Shame on you::.

I usually like to rate the episode before the next episode but Iv'e been so busy lately that I havent had time to do it... so here is what I thought of the episode. I know you all have been waiting for my opinion... Oh im just kidding I know you guys really dont care.

iPad:
I thought this was really clever and funny. They have got to make more sketches like this one.

The Ellen DeGeneres Show:
I was a little dissapointed. I thought it would be better and at least a little funny.

Duke Flickman #1 Cluskers:
it was ok

Hollywood Meadow Estates Crime Watch Meeting:
This was very funny when Michael and Keegan broke charecter and michael was spitting the food into keegans mouth. I almost died laughing. It was also kinda funny when Ardyn (or however you spell her name) was being molested right infront of daniel and jordan and they were sitting there not doing anything.

Duke Flickman #2 Duralog:
If there was a way to get two hott chicks in their underware and on tv... Madtv sure found it. not funny to me

Blind Kung Fu Master:
All I am gonna say is that it was ok

Drama Queen:
I really hoped this would have been better. It was ok. I thought the end was real funny when she went real close to the camara.

Baby's First Steps:
pretty funny, I'm starting to like Frank.

Duke Flickman #4 Ugg Boots:
I'm glad Steph was in it, but the sad thing was that she was only in it for like a minute. It was ok.. not really funny but just ok

MADtv's on/tHe/DoWnLoaD:
I didn't like this

Close: Duke Flickman #5 Mercedes:
wasn't paying any attention. I think I might have been just staring at the wall...

overall:
Madtv has really got to get their head in the game if they wanna have any more seasons

"It's not about molding yourself into the person you admire, but rather following their lead in finding and embracing your own unique voice."
~Stephnie Weir
Old 11/25/2005, 8:52 AM
Bender: still great

I'll say this was a little better than 1103 and leave it at that (Because I really don't feel like tearing this episode apart).

Old 01/27/2010, 12:21 PM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

This episode is really getting a lot of talk these days for the iPad sketch. Apparently by what I have read, Apple said they specifically made sure not to call their new Tablet the iPad because of the sketch, and the fact that people might associate it with a feminine product. I think if the Apple Tablet doesn't do well, people will link it back to this sketch, and MADtv, and if it does do well, I think the sketch will still be associated with this as a joke.

Rise from the Dead!

Planet MADtv (August 28th 2002- August 28th 2009, August 28th 2010)