Go Back   Planet MADtv > Our Database > MADtv Repository > MADtv Episode Guide > Season 7 (2001-2002)
Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05/13/2002, 3:01 PM
Rufff Rufff!!!

I cannot believe I missed this episode! Oh well, they always show the 24th episode of the season 2 weeks before the premier in the fall so I'll see it then! I just cannot wait that long though

Old 05/13/2002, 4:30 PM
Regular

Quote:
Originally posted by Kai
Yeah, I see what you mean, Hurricane/Fighting Ron always wears them. But in Australia I think they're just known as muscle-shirts (because they show of your muscles, I guess.)

yeah, we call the tank tops and muscle shirts as well. the 'wife beaters' and 'guinea tee' names aren't used, say, in public. i mean, you wouldn't go into a store and ask where the guinea tees are!
Old 05/13/2002, 5:05 PM
Regular

[OPENING] JAG-off - An one joke sketch. The fact that you could see the joke coming as soon as the sketch started didn't help either.

[SKETCH] Amazon Huntresses - Pretty good. Didn't Stephanie look like Anna Nicole Smith in this sketch?

[SKETCH] DisMissed - Bunifa is still a good character. I take back what I said before about Debra not having many memorable sketches this season. Plus, she looked sexy in that swimsuit.

[SKETCH] Neighbors argue on video - Horrible. Just nonsense yelling for the entire sketch, from the 2 most overrated performers of the show (Sasso and McDonald). The surprise ending wasn't enough to save this. It kinda reminded me of the surprise ending of that sketch from the 1999-2000 premiere where Debra Wilson and Aries Spears play husband and wife and end up having a fight and beat the hell out of each other, and it was revealed at the end that the sketch was just a message from the church.

[SKETCH] Jenny Jones - Mo does a very accurate Jenny Jones impression, the voice is so dead-on.

[ENCORE] Nasty Parents - Already saw this, obviously. I just realized from watching this that if Andrew Bowen had on a hat, he'd look kinda like a younger, clean shaven Billy Bob Thornton. Maybe it's just me.

Old 05/13/2002, 6:47 PM
I'm Content With Losing

my fav line: from the neighbors sketch: "well your piss yellow house is crappy" HAHAHA

Its all I need to hear your voice everyday.

I wish never to wake up from this dream Im in right now.
Here I am watching clouds from your bedroom window
As were laying here.

And I wake up today
Still smiling in the air.
Wish dreams could be so great.
-early november
Old 05/13/2002, 9:02 PM
Get down tonight!

Reading these episode reviews makes me long for MADtv even more. Damn this southern hemisphere in which I live...

Old 05/13/2002, 10:22 PM
Xcenocanth Ctenithicus

Whats your phone number Kai? I got a job for the International Drainage Commission(located in Rand McNally- where hamburgers eat people) and I need to know if the toilets drain counterclockwise or clockwise.
Old 05/14/2002, 5:13 AM
Get down tonight!

We don't have phones where I live. I'll have to saddle up my kangaroo and ride into the nearest town.

P.S. 300th post. Go, Kai, go!

Old 05/14/2002, 5:41 PM
I'm Content With Losing

yes, you do find a voice warper and maybe mo's voice will turn into screaming waspfish mode.

Its all I need to hear your voice everyday.

I wish never to wake up from this dream Im in right now.
Here I am watching clouds from your bedroom window
As were laying here.

And I wake up today
Still smiling in the air.
Wish dreams could be so great.
-early november
Old 03/04/2003, 4:08 PM
Rufff Rufff!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by R&S Fan
[SKETCH] Amazon Huntresses - Pretty good. Didn't Stephanie look like Anna Nicole Smith in this sketch?
How funny it is to read this now!

Old 01/13/2004, 5:04 PM
Darth Tater
Staff Alumnus

Stephnie as "Rebecca Finkleberg- AKA Zamula" is what got me hooked onto her into the first place. The Glamazon Huntress sketch was so hilarious, I give it a 5/5. Mo, Kathryn and Debra were all so hilarious here too, and lucky for me, I hadn't seen the jokes done before (like Mo hitting her head on the Boom, The blowjob/mud pit fight, etc) So I loved this sketch.

Old 04/12/2004, 10:25 AM
Totally F****able

Are you talking about the group of guys who were in military uniforms and singing patriotic songs that were um, kinda sexual too.???

If you are then they are the Gay Men's Chorus/Choir Of L.A.

Old 04/12/2004, 12:11 PM
I'm watching you.
Staff Alumnus

Quote:
Originally posted by Jim_Cockhurtz
Um, Mystere I was watching this episode last night and thought I would post the who's and the what's. If you would rather do it yourself then that's cool too.
I don't really mind. I noticed a couple other people that have done/been doing that recently. Note that I may delete and repost these who/what posts as I see necessary when I get around to it. If I delete your who/what post and it was complete I'll put a note at the bottome saying it was "compiled" or something by you.

Old 04/12/2004, 4:29 PM
Darth Tater
Staff Alumnus

Quote:
Originally posted by Scorpiogrrl2003
Are you talking about the group of guys who were in military uniforms and singing patriotic songs that were um, kinda sexual too.???

If you are then they are the Gay Men's Chorus/Choir Of L.A.
Yeah, that is who I am talking about. LOL. Also, the boy from the Sony Home Videos sketch, he used to be on the Amanda show- I don't know his name, but I've seen him on that show a few times. Also, did we ever figure out that blonde "extra's" name? She appeared in alot of speaking parts. I have a theory that she may have been Kathryn's replacement, but got bumped by Jill after one taping or something. Whacked theory huh?

Old 04/16/2004, 5:04 PM
Regular

The kid from the sony home video sketch/amanda show 's name is Josh Peck

P-O-L-L-U-T-E pollute the rivers, sky, and sea
or else then you will get..........
what you deserve!!
-Rocko's modern life

"pickle bus ............LMAO!!"-sam
"if i could choose between hell and texas........................"hahaha
Old 05/11/2004, 6:54 PM
26/07/16!!

Default Episode #724

JAG-Off
Consisted mainly of verbal "ping pong" of the word "JAG off" (in this case supposed to mean "JAG Officer") while in a court room situation. This was basically a one joke sketch which wasnt really a good parody of the show IMO, but it was ok nevertheless.
2.5/5

Glamazon Huntresses
In the first Glamazon Huntresses sketch, four woman from different times of history are blasted back into the past where they try to find a way to get back to their respective timezones. This is complete with bad acting (especially by Zamula (Stephnie) very funny!) and low production values. This was pretty good, good job by the cast.
3/5

Bunifa: MTV Dismissed
Bunifa (Debra) and another girl Alexis (Jill) star on MTV's Dismissed where they compete for the attention of Ridge (Taran). Bunifa is eventually chosen by Ridge. Hillarity ensures, especially from Bunifa as the various racial issues come into play "yall trying to send rosa parks to the back of the tub". This was funny, one of the best Bunifa skits ive seen in a while.
3.5/5

The Real Deal
Vivica A. Fox guest stars in a sketch where she is a new network executive and recieves a pitch about a new black sitcom by Lenny (Andrew Daly) who describes it in detail. After hearing this she is disgusted and proceeds to go into a long speech about how stereotypical and unoriginal this is, she is then reminded that this is the UPN network not CBS. She then realises her mistake and apoligises. This was ok, Andrew acting black was funny.
3/5

Sony Neighbors
A sketch where feuding neighbours (Michael & Mo vs. Will & Stephnie) are arguing about the state of each others back yards, where they film each other with their video cameras. After alot of comotion and profanity (Stephnie: "Your piss yellow house is crappy") we find out it was just an ad for Sony. This was decent, had some good one liners i would of given it less but the ending really made up for it.
2.5/5

Jenny Jones Meets Laura Bush
Jenny Jones (Mo) welcomes Laura Bush (Stephnie) onto the "new and improved Jenny Jones show", as usual Debra's character shouts abuse and causes a stir but Jenny reminds her that "no we're not doing that today". Regardless as Laura's two daughters come out dressed as "hoochie mammas", the show continues into the same old format. A welcome return to the show, not as good as the previous one but still funny.
3.5/5

Gay Dating
Tyler (Will) and Jerome (Bobby) act gay to get dates ("Keep your eyes on the prize") as " do u know what a straight womans fastasy is? To turn a gay man straight". This continues over a number of years without them actually getting any "action". In the end they turn out to be gay themselves. This was pretty funny but ran on a bit too long and the end was kinda weird too
3/5

MADTV ENCORE - Goodnight Dad
Mimi (Nicole Sullivan) comes home with her boyfriend Brad (Andrew Bowen) after being out on a date. They sit down on the couch together when they are interrupted by her dad (Michael) in his under wear followed by her mother (Mo) also in her under wear. Brad gets so grossed out he eventually leaves. This was ok but as everyone has said the thanksgiving one would have been a much better choice to reair. Good to see Nicole and Andrew though.
2.5/5

War Songs
A random old mans band sing war songs. This was ok given Americas situation at that time
2.5/5

Close: Taran
Says "Good night" - surprise, surprise.

Overall
This was a pretty good episode with all the sketches being pretty much above par.
6.5/10

*All sketch names appear courtesy of Mysteres Episode Guide

Last edited by funny_guy; 07/22/2004 at 11:43 PM.
Old 09/20/2005, 5:15 AM

JAG-Off: One joke sketch 2/5
Glamazon Huntresses: Didn't really get this, but it was ok 3/5
Bunifa: MTV Dismissed: Really good, the best sketch of the night 4/5
The Real Deal: Damn yankees, what's UPN? 1.5/5
Sony Neighbours: Will looked fatter than usual when he was yelling 3/5
Jenny Jones Show: I don't even know who's Jenny Jones, but she (Mo) was the best thing of this sketch 3.5/5
Gay Dating: Will and Bobby did a work on this, but the ending was kinda stupid. 4/5
Encore: Goodnight Dad: The only joke was that Michael doesn't look good naked. But Nicole was in it, so... 3/5
War Songs: Yeah... Right... (?) 1/5

Overall: If this was one of the best episodes of season seven, then season seven sucks! 3.5/5

Religion is like farting: we like our own but hate everyone elses.
-Homer Simpson
Old 06/13/2006, 5:15 PM
Fresh Meat

Default Anyone have screenshots, or the episode?

I was watching this episode today, it aired at 1PM (June 13, 2006). I did not get to see all of it, but I would have liked to have seen it. Any screenshots, or a video link for this?
Old 06/14/2006, 4:31 PM
Hardcore Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karmacoma
JAG-Off: One joke sketch 2/5
Glamazon Huntresses: Didn't really get this, but it was ok 3/5
Bunifa: MTV Dismissed: Really good, the best sketch of the night 4/5
The Real Deal: Damn yankees, what's UPN? 1.5/5
Sony Neighbours: Will looked fatter than usual when he was yelling 3/5
Jenny Jones Show: I don't even know who's Jenny Jones, but she (Mo) was the best thing of this sketch 3.5/5
Gay Dating: Will and Bobby did a work on this, but the ending was kinda stupid. 4/5
Encore: Goodnight Dad: The only joke was that Michael doesn't look good naked. But Nicole was in it, so... 3/5
War Songs: Yeah... Right... (?) 1/5

Overall: If this was one of the best episodes of season seven, then season seven sucks! 3.5/5
I love this episode and season seven!
Old 06/25/2006, 8:00 PM
Fresh Meat

Quote:
Originally Posted by madislove
in the "bunifa" sketch, taran's in a hot tob with bunifa and a girl played by jill-m.
omg do u have a picture of that sketch? lol
Old 06/25/2006, 8:03 PM
Fresh Meat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kai
We don't have phones where I live. I'll have to saddle up my kangaroo and ride into the nearest town.

P.S. 300th post. Go, Kai, go!

ok thats the stupidest thing ever, im australian and i think thats absolutly stupid, im guessing ur aussie and ur making a joke but i think thats jst weird,
for one thing Kangaroos can kick pretty hard so as if ud get on one anyway
and 2, dude