Go Back   Planet MADtv > Our Database > MADtv Repository > MADtv Episode Guide > Season 7 (2001-2002)
Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02/16/2002, 10:03 PM
Domo Arigato, Mrs. Roboto
Content Robot

Default Episode S07E15 (Aired 2002-02-16)

Cast: Alex Borstein, Frank Caliendo, Mo Collins, Andrew Daly, Michael McDonald, Will Sasso, Aries Spears, Stephnie Weir and Debra Wilson

Guest Starring: Stone Cold Steve Austin and Martin Short

Special Appearance: Debra Austin
  • Talcum X (Aries- Malcolm X)
  • Open: Stone Cold Steve Austin & MC Hammer (Stone Cold Steve Austin- himself, Aries- MC Hammer)
  • Fightin' Ron and Stone Cold Steve Austin (Michael- Fightin' Ron, Mo- Cathy, Stone Cold Steve Austin- Cletus, Stephnie- Vonda)
  • Public Schoolhouse Rock!: Interjection *cartoon*
  • Politically Incorrect: Jiminy Glick (Andrew- Bill Maher, Alex- Roseanne Barr, Mo- Penny Marshall, Will- Robert Deniro, Martin Short- Jiminy Glick)
  • Celebrity Family Feud (Stone Cold Steve Austin- himself, Frank- Garry Austin, Aries- Mike Tyson, Debra- Cheri, Will- Louie Anderson)
  • Ms. Swan: She Look Like A Man (Alex- Ms. Swan, Michael, Andrew)
  • Tony Little's Ultimate Push-up Machine (Will- Stone Cold Steve Austin, Debra Austin- herself, Stone Cold Steve Austin- Tony Little)
  • Close: Michael & Cast

Old 02/16/2002, 10:45 PM
Regular

A surprisingly good episode for this season, possibly the best of the season so far. Jiminy Glick/Politically Incorrect, Family Feud, and the Steve Austin workout sketch were great.

And finally, a show with 100% new material and no encores. It was worth the wait.

Old 02/16/2002, 10:59 PM
Regular

Also, during the closing, did anyone notice Will Sasso was dressed up in the same costume he wore in the business executive/rapper sketch from last month?

Old 02/16/2002, 11:05 PM
David Herman Fan/ poof ;)

There wasn't a Stuart sketch???

Old 02/17/2002, 2:44 AM
Fresh Meat

Default Will wearing funny suit in closing

I did notice that while Michael was giving the closing (please see my post re: flirting between cast members in General Forum), Will Sasso was grinning funny, and as the camera pulled out, you noticed he was wearing an ill-fitting business suit, carrying a suitcase, and sneaking out a door located at center back stage. I had no idea what that was about, and presumed it was an inside joke. I did not recognize the suit/costume though. Good eye!

Btw, this is now my second post. I am big fan of MADtv, and it only occurred to me to find this forum because I was so curious about flirting between cast members (again, please see my post in General Forum).

Ps, my avatar is of Elaine from Seinfeld, I am also a big fan of Seinfeld (reruns). [The icon just doesn't look that recognizable, so I thought I would explain who it was supposed to be].
Old 02/17/2002, 8:41 AM
Angie -- Michael McD fan!
Staff Alumnus

I just got booted while writing this post and lost everything. GRRRRRRRRRR!!!!! I'm not about to highlight and quote people again, so here's the gist of it...

Fightin Ron- Agreed with BryanCIsHott and what he said. Loved that they broke up the monotony because the fighting stuff gets really old. LOVED that it took place in their slanted trailer...perfect setting for them. And the fact that they all do so much bad acting in these always cracks me up.

Politically Incorrect- So glad Alex was in it! Very nice to see her again! And Jiminy was a bit annoying (I don't care for his show), but I still thought the whole thing worked because of all the performaces involved. Great, great sketch!

And Swan- Just adorable! So different from the usual, but still so cute. Loved when she pointed to the drag queen "Now he looka like-a man!" Very cute sketch.

But everything was great, imo...

Guard: Lift up your shirt, son.
Chris: I need an adult! I need an adult!
Guard: You're not a shoplifter, you're just a fat kid. Sorry about that fatty fat fatty. Hey Tom, he's just a fat kid! Aren't you, fatty? You're just a big ol' fat kid. Here's some chocolate, fatso.
Chris: Thanks!
Lois: Oh, honey, no one thinks you're fat.
Lifeguard: I'm sorry ma'am, you can't park your van on the diving board.
Lois: This is my son!
Lifeguard: Oh. My apologies. Hey Tom! He's not a van, he's just a fat kid!
--Family Guy
Old 02/17/2002, 12:31 PM
Xcenocanth Ctenithicus

I didn't laugh very much last night...Might have been due to my worries and the fact that my friend cancelled.
But, when that episode was over...I felt satisfied..Everyone performed at the right level and the show was really high quality. I LOVED WILL'S STONE COLD IMPRESSION! IT WAS SO DAMN ACCURATE! Andrew Daly's Bill Mahr has gotten better! Lets hope the rest of the shows are like this!
Old 02/17/2002, 1:16 PM
Winter is coming, and SO AM I
Administrator

<url removed>

Old 02/17/2002, 1:22 PM
Staff Alumnus

Here are my mom's exact words when picking up my brother a little while ago:

"I stayed up late to watch my SNL, but the <expletive> Olympics were on! So, I was forced to watch Mad TV instead." LOL! She didn't mean it as bad as it sounds, but I thought that was funny.

She never watches Mad TV because she thinks it goes too far, but she had a glowing review of it today. She loved everything and her favorite was Ms. Swan ("the little woman in the gay bar"). Anyway, so she loved the show as well and said "SNL better get back on the air or everyone's gonna move over to Mad TV." LOL, if she only knew how bad the rest of the episodes this season were. I didn't have the heart to tell her.

Guard: You're not a shoplifter, you're just a fat kid. Sorry about that fatty fat fatty. Hey Tom, he's just a fat kid! Aren't you, fatty? You're just a big ol' fat kid. Here's some chocolate, fatso.
--Family Guy
Old 02/17/2002, 1:25 PM
#2 of 7

Sorry I didn't post last night...because of a hockey tournament, MAD got pushed back to 12:30 AM on our local FOX and I went to bed right after it ended.

Man, this was a great episode! With the return of animation with the hilarious "School House Rock" parody, the great Martin Short guest starring, a fantastic Swan, no Stuart or pointless musical guest, AND the fact that it was 100% NEW material, this was easily the best episode this season.

OK, here's my new weekly offering: the week's best quotes from each skit. Gimme some feedback...
==============================
Talcom X
I liked this, but I can't remember any good quotes...
-----------------------------------------------------
Open: Steve Austin
Sorry, I was watching the MAD rerun on TNN during this...
Fightin' Ron
Ron: You know how I feel about that show!
Ron's Girl: MADtv? You said it was funny!
Ron: No, I said it was funny when I'm high, which I'm not, 'cause it turns out that crap you bought was oregano.

"It's like you're some kinda delicate princess from a more sophisticated era, who traveled across time to make me horny." ~Ron (Michael McDonald) to his girlfriend (Mo Collins) (I know that's not exactly how it went.)
----------------------------------------------------
Public School House Rock
God, this was funny! I don't know what would make a good quote, though...
Politically Incorrect
"I thought you'd passed a stone." ~Jiminy Glick (Martin Short) to Robert DeNiro (Will Sasso) after he dropped his mic battery.

"That little fat guy is annoying. I don't like fat people."~Rosanne (Alex Borstein)

"...I'd tell ya to go screw yourself, but since September 11th were 'sposed to be kinder an' sweeter an' stuff, so...I'm just gonna split the difference an' fart."~Rosanne
------------------------------------------------------
Celebrity Family Feud
Garry Austin (Frank Caliendo): I really don't fit in with this family.
Louie Anderson (Will Sasso): Doesn't look like ya fit into much. Welcome to my world.
------------------------------------------------------
Swan: She Look Like a Man
(yep, that was the official title)

"Ma'am, this is a PetCo card." ~Bouncer (Michael McDonald), asking Swan (Alex Borstein) for ID.

Bouncer: Are you bribing me?
Swan: No, no, not a bribe. Dat my picture. See, my name is George Washington.

"I tell you, she look-a like a man!"~Swan to the camera, addressing a drag queen.

"Oooh, now I get it! Dis is a monkey in da bush bar!"~Swan, realizing she's in a gay bar.

"What da hell? No more drinking, I promise!" ~Swan, waking up from her "Dancing Queen" fantasy.

Tony Little
I really couldn't find any good quotes here. Sorry.
=====================================
So, there it is. What do ya think?

>>Glacier, the quote lord<<

Old 02/17/2002, 1:43 PM
Staff Alumnus

Quote:
Originally posted by GlacierMonkey
Man, this was a great episode! With the return of animation with the hilarious "School House Rock" parody, the great Martin Short guest starring, a fantastic Swan, no Stuart or pointless musical guest, AND the fact that it was 100% NEW material, this was easily the best episode this season.
I agree! School House Rock...that one just keeps getting funnier the more I watch it.

Quote:
Open: Steve Austin
Sorry, I was watching the MAD rerun on TNN during this...
You didn't miss much on that one, imo.

Quote:
Fightin' Ron
Ron: You know how I feel about that show!
Ron's Girl: MADtv? You said it was funny!
Ron: No, I said it was funny when I'm high, which I'm not, 'cause it turns out that crap you bought was oregano.
I love that they made fun of themselves.

Quote:
Public School House Rock
God, this was funny! I don't know what would make a good quote, though...
LOL! Yeah, this one just needs to be seen. Hilarious! Eat me! Screw!

Actually, all your quotes are great, Glacier! Good job!

--Family Guy
Old 02/17/2002, 1:50 PM
#2 of 7

Thanks!

Tune in next week for the continuing adventures of "GlacierMonkey: Quote Lord"!!!

Old 02/17/2002, 7:23 PM
Xcenocanth Ctenithicus

Default Next weeks episode

This episode dosen't look that bad. Especially Mo Collins doing a Susan Sarandon-fairy chracter(see Stuart and the Tooth Fairy) to Melissa Joan Hart she says:
"Oh....Melissa Joan Hart are you a good actress or a bad actress?"
Old 02/18/2002, 10:15 AM
#2 of 7

Mo was supposed to be Glinda, the Good Witch from "The Wizard of Oz", and she was parodying the line "Are you a good witch, or a bad witch." Looks funny!

BTW, to anyone who was saying the "She Look Like a Man" skit didn't have point, I think that Swan trying to pick up guys in a gay bar is a great concept. Think about it. How can you say it doesn't have a point? Oh well, you're entitled to your opinion.

Old 02/18/2002, 1:57 PM
Rufff Rufff!!!

In generel, a show where fighting is the central joke of most sketches scores low by my standards. But considering how there were no musical guests or encores AND they did an animation piece, this episode stood.

Old 02/18/2002, 4:27 PM
Staff Alumnus

Quote:
BTW, to anyone who was saying the "She Look Like a Man" skit didn't have point, I think that Swan trying to pick up guys in a gay bar is a great concept. Think about it. How can you say it doesn't have a point? Oh well, you're entitled to your opinion.
LOL You and I will stick together, Glacier. That sketch was really good! I keep using this word, but what the hell? CUTE!

I also thought Will did a fabulous DeNiro. Everyone did in the P.I. sketch, actually. But when he was telling Glick to get off the phone, he sounded just like him to me. I may not like most of the things Will does anymore, but his DeNiro is great.

Hey Matt! Are you still out there? Does your silence in this thread mean you didn't see the episode or you didn't like it?

--Family Guy
Old 02/18/2002, 5:25 PM
Winter is coming, and SO AM I
Administrator

If I didn't like it, rest assured -- you'd know about it. Actually, my TV is broken again. I would've watched #715 for Martin Short if nothing else, but no such luck this time around.

Old 02/18/2002, 5:42 PM
#2 of 7

Quote:
Originally posted by Keepsakers

LOL You and I will stick together, Glacier. That sketch was really good! I keep using this word, but what the hell? CUTE!
Yeah, buddy! Will's DeNiro was great. So was his Steve Austin...

Ah, Matt, your adventures in the land of TV repair continue.

Old 02/18/2002, 5:58 PM
Staff Alumnus

Quote:
Originally posted by blackwind
If I didn't like it, rest assured -- you'd know about it. Actually, my TV is broken again. I would've watched #715 for Martin Short if nothing else, but no such luck this time around.
Oh, bummer!! That's gotta be so frustrating for you, it happens so often. And yeah, I was actually starting to worry you were going soft on us.

Quote:
Yeah, buddy! Will's DeNiro was great. So was his Steve Austin...
I've never seen Steve do his "what?" thing before so I'll take your word on that. But yeah, Will's DeNiro was great! I don't think I've seen it since the gay show parody they did, "Bob."

--Family Guy
Old 02/18/2002, 6:14 PM
#2 of 7

Quote:
Originally posted by Keepsakers

I've never seen Steve do his "what?" thing before so I'll take your word on that.
Oh, no, neither have I. I am not a fan of wrestling. I was just basing my opinion on what I'd seen of Austin during the episode. I thought it was him for a second, but that's probably because I've never seen him once on wrestling.