Go Back   Planet MADtv > Our Database > MADtv Repository > MADtv Episode Guide > Season 8 (2002-2003)
Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05/31/2003, 5:16 PM
UC Davis Aggie Alumnus

Quote:
Originally posted by HiVolt

I'm sure everyon here is hoping that it will get renewed for another few seasons... This season's cast was very good, only good things can come out of it next year, even if some regulars do leave, the featured players would get a chance to shine, like Ron Pederson & Josh Meyers... The others were good too.
We don't even know what the cast lineup will be next season, but I do agree that MADtv is back on an upswing, with the exception of a couple episodes from this season.

Bunifa: Yo, Yo, Yo. Who you callin' a bitch? Do I look like yo momma?

Old 05/31/2003, 8:00 PM
Rufff Rufff!!!

Ron Pederson is a perminant now. He's gonna be HUGE for the show! Frank Caliendo has now plans on leaving (his contract commits him to season 9) and Stephnie Weir will be there next season (confirmed by Frank after that phony rumour). Frank said that most of the cast will return. So I believe Mo Collins is 100% guarenteed because I know the show is her second life. If she had the choice to be on from season 1, she said she would have. Bobby Lee will likely return to because he's getting popular.

Old 06/14/2003, 12:06 PM
Regular

MADtv's ratings haven't been that great. Number Six said a while ago that the show's ratings are usually in the 2.0-2.5, which is very mediocre. And I normally trust Number Six's information.

However, I predict that MADtv's popularity should rise once the reruns begin on Comedy Central next year. All Americans watch Comedy Central, so this would be the perfect form of exposure for MADtv.

Old 06/14/2003, 12:45 PM
Rufff Rufff!!!

I agree that Comedy Central should do wonders for MADtv, just in time to when the last picked-up season is ending. As for the ratings, I think they're the highest they've ever been (according to Frank). Last time I checked, the show was getting about 5.4 million viewers: pretty good.
Does anyone know where you can find Neilsen Ratings anyway?

Old 06/14/2003, 2:53 PM
I'm watching you.
Staff Alumnus

Quote:
Originally posted by Mad Dog
...Does anyone know where you can find Neilsen Ratings anyway?
According to Nielsen, a single ratings point represents 994,000 households.

"Weekly ratings data from our national and local samples are not available on our website. While we would like to accommodate the publicís curiosity to see how their favorite shows rank in the NielsenTV ratings, we are concerned that persons who are in our samples may be proportionately more interested than other members of the viewing public in comparing their viewing habits to the weekly ratings. This could alter their viewing behavior and bias the sample. One of the top priorities of any independent research company is not to influence the behavior it is trying objectively to measure. Please bear in mind that the television ratings are our product, and our clients --broadcast and cable networks, local television stations and cable systems, program producers and syndicators, advertisers and their agencies-- rely on NielsenTV ratings to help them make business decisions."

Here's zap2it's nielsen ratings, but they don't include MADtv, I don't know if it's just that they're not high enough on the list or if it's cuz they're just doing reruns at this time.

Old 07/29/2003, 7:59 AM
Christina Aguilera

I hope Christina Moore is on the show. I dont know why but I think shes funny!

"Well Hello!"
"Oh great, a talking gecko!"
Old 08/09/2003, 5:24 PM
Total Weirdo Freak

Johnny Woo's Legal Firm: This one was alright, should have had a better opening sketch though.

Hey, It's Cars For Kids: Not the funniest spishak sketch of the season, but it was very funny. I thought the way he talked to his "son" was hilarious.

Oprah's Jackass: It was good. Not as good as Kenny Roger's Jackass. Funnisest part was when Steadman put the firecracker in Oprah's pants and she yelled "MY VAGINIA'S ON FIRE!"

Marvin and Mindy Tikvah: I was hoping that Nicole would play as one of her old characters...but she did this instead and it wasn't all that good. It was funny but I didn't like the dancing.

Lorraine Visits the Dentist: Very very very funny. Watching Mo try to keep from laughing cracked me up!

Feuding Parents: Am I the only one that realized that the character played by Stephanie is Angela?? Oh well. Not as good as Angela's "Social Studies Projects" but I still found it quite funny. The way Angela kept all calm and smiley while her parents were fighting cracked me up so much.

Ted Koppel/Herbal Essences: Ehh...it wasn't the best.....probably the least funny sketch of the show.

Stuart and the Babysitter (Encore): They wanted to get in another Sturart sketch but still have Nicole in it so they chose this one...would have been better if it was a sequel instead, with Sturart meeting her again...total showdown..now that would have been funny

Close w/ Aries: Aries closes the show once again, I do believe this would be the 3rd season in a row he has given the finale close. It was nice for him to mention Debra like that...which of course gives the hint that this was her final season....
Old 08/10/2003, 3:29 PM
Can't You Read the Signs?

No, I considered it was Angela, especially with Debra as her friend Beth.. but I think it was coincidence. Even THAT character was too preppy to be Angela (lol!)
Old 10/19/2003, 11:24 AM
Yes, they're real.
Staff Alumnus

Well, since I captured the entire episode on the rerun on Saturday, here it is for download. Grab it while its online, it won't be for long!

Old 10/19/2003, 7:27 PM
0ld sk00l

Was the Sponsor: Heinekin/Matrix Reloaded thing a sketch? (see WHO/WHAT 825) CuzI didn't see it when it reran yesterday, and its not on my tape either.

My Fanfics
Old 10/19/2003, 7:44 PM
I'm watching you.
Staff Alumnus

No, it was just a very short clip saying that the show was sponsored by that movie and then it had a real commercial for the movie.

Old 10/20/2003, 11:51 PM
26/07/16!!

Default Episode #825

Johnny Woo's In Da Hood Paralegal & Notary Public Palace
This was ok, nothing really that laugh out loud funny here. A mediocre sketch.
2.5/5

Hey, It's Cars For Kids
This was good, not as good as previous ones but had some good parts. Aries talking to his son was funny : "I will drop you off at Michael Jacksons house"
3/5

Oprah's Jackass
This was pretty good, i didnt think it was as good as the first Kenny Rogers Jackass sketch though. The eating part at the end where they were throwing stuff at Oprah was funny. Some memorable lines included: "My vagina's on fire" and "wear that as a hat bitch" funny stuff.
3.5/5

Marvin Tikvah: Father Daughter Dance
This was ok, an average Marvin sketch but Nicole Sullivan's guest appearance made it worth while.
3/5

Lorraine Visits the Dentist
This was funny, the parts where Mo was laughing were good. You could tell some of it was improvised with some of the random comments made.
3.5/5

Feuding Parents
I actually enjoyed this sketch, probably because it reminds me of the way my parents act sometimes (obviously not as bad as that but u get the point lol). All cast members were good here.
4/5

Nightline: Herbal Essences
This was short, sharp and i found it pretty entertaining. Lol "Time to wash the downstairs".
3/5

Encore: Stuart & The New Babysitter (#625)
This was ok, WAY too long (about 8 minutes!!), but it was better than most Stuart sketches probably due to Nicoles performance (AGAIN).
3/5

Season 8 Show Close: Aries & Cast
Aries closes the season, thanks the audience and gets them to give Debra a standing ovation for her work on Mad TV (Obviously hinting at her departure from the show). This was good.

Overall
As usual with most finales the sketches were too long and it didnt need an encore, im sure there were some unaired sketches that could have been put in. Overall it wasnt so bad just not outstanding (i know im a tough critic lol).
6.5/10

* Honorable Mention - must go to Hivolt for making viewing of this episode possible .

*All sketch names appear courtesy of Mysteres Episode Guide
https://www.planetmadtv.com/forum/sh...&threadid=1326

Last edited by funny_guy; 08/10/2004 at 5:44 PM.
Old 12/15/2003, 5:57 PM
Fresh Meat

Default Stuart

Does anyone know why there hasn't been very many Stuart skits on lately?
Old 12/15/2003, 10:36 PM
Totally F****able

Default Re: Stuart

Quote:
Originally posted by scooboy
Because Mo's gone now and any Stuart sketches she may have taped before her departure very well might be spread out so that she appears throughout the rest of the season.

Old 12/16/2003, 2:18 AM
26/07/16!!

Default Re: Re: Stuart

Quote:
Originally posted by scooboy
I wouldnt say that there havent been many Stuart sketches lately i mean would you really want to see one every episode? There has already been two Stuart sketches this season which isnt too bad when comparing with other seasons (keep in mind there has only been 10 episodes so far this season):
Season 4: Had 10 Stuart sketches!!
Season 5: Had 5 Stuart sketches
Season 6: Had 5 Stuart sketches
Season 7: Had 3 Stuart sketches
Season 8: Had 4 Stuart sketches

When taking all this into account it would be very hard to come up with new and fresh ideas when this character has been used so much, plus keeping the sketches limited to a few per season makes the character less stale snd more enjoyable to watch (which is debatable whether there should be any more sketches for this character or not due to his overuse).

Quote:
Originally posted by Scorpiogrrl2003
Because Mo's gone now and any Stuart sketches she may have taped before her departure very well might be spread out so that she appears throughout the rest of the season.
This may be partly the case, but they could always work Stuart into another sketch without Doreen.

Old 12/16/2003, 6:15 PM
0ld sk00l

I personally hope that they don't do any more stuart sketches.. maybe a final one would be ok, but NO MORE! Those sketches now are just mostly annoying..

My Fanfics
Old 12/23/2003, 3:23 PM
Fresh Meat

Default StUaRt

The only reason I started watching MadTv is because of Stuart, and now I don't see him on it anymore. I am VERY CLOSE to giving up on this show if I don't see him. I feel JUST like you guys do, there is such thing as TOO MUCH OF A GOOD THING IS BAD, but I haven't seen him FOREVER. I stay up waiting for this show, hoping to see stuart, and get my hopes up, and then he isn't on. I'm not saying that all the other skits aren't funny...it's just that in my mind he is the best, cause I can KINDA relate to him, cause when my ADHD starts kickin in I do stupid stuff for attention like he does.
Old 12/23/2003, 6:15 PM
Totally F****able

Ok dude, where have you been this season???

There's been like 2 Stuart sketches, one in 906 and I believe 902

Old 12/23/2003, 8:56 PM
0ld sk00l

I know sorry, but it really pisses me off when people say that they are "So sad" that Stuart hasn't been on.. I mean what the f**k? Stuart has overstayed his welcome already, and should only be shown like 3 times per season.

My Fanfics
Old 12/23/2003, 10:19 PM
26/07/16!!

Ok, this person obviously hasnt seen much of the earlier seasons where it seemed there was a Stuart sketch every episode, but im sure there will be probably at least 2 more Stuart sketches this season or even an encore of a Stuart sketch.