Go Back   Planet MADtv > Our Database > MADtv Repository > MADtv Episode Guide > Season 8 (2002-2003)
Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03/10/2003, 8:22 PM
Right-wing rocker

Default Re: Re: Re: t.A.T.u. Performance

Quote:
Originally posted by MADMADMAD
You're not alone. So do I.
Good! Friends don't let friends listen to pop. ::high fives MADMADMAD::

Chris - Hey mama! ; )

Old 03/10/2003, 8:31 PM
Geometry Sucks.
Staff Alumnus

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: t.A.T.u. Performance

Quote:
Originally posted by Bryansgirl

Good! Friends don't let friends listen to pop. ::high fives MADMADMAD::
lol... Only fad and fashion-seeking preteen crackwhores listen to pop. Sorry if generalizations offend anybody, but the only people I know who listen to pop are people under the age of 11 and 20-something geriatric farts who never had decent childhoods.

I hate everything about pop, and one thing that's really annoying is that the songs always get stuck in your head. Of course, there are many others, but don't you just hate it when you're trying to get to sleep at 12:00 but then you can't forget the lyrics to some stupid song? Ick. :barf: :barf: :barf:

Good evening, y'all. I'm Tovah McQueen. (And I'm Belma Buttons.) And this is, reality check. The show where you leave your delusions at the door, sit yo' ass down, open up wide for a big ole' slice of truth, with a side of wisdom.

--Reality Check

(Tovah: Oh now Belma baby-- I gotta ask yo' now: Did you make this Chocolate covered butter stick?

Belma: OOh, girl, you know I did. But I made it with that lightly salted butter. You know we do gotta watch our high blood.

Tovah: OOh, baby, this is so good I outtta bust 'ya in da head with a car engine!)

Reality Check: Dreamin' of Denzel Washington...

(my favorite Reality Check sketch)
Old 03/10/2003, 8:35 PM
Right-wing rocker

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: t.A.T.u. Performance

Quote:
lol... Only fad and fashion-seeking preteen crackwhores listen to pop. Sorry if generalizations offend anybody, but the only people I know who listen to pop are people under the age of 11 and 20-something geriatric farts who never had decent childhoods.

I hate everything about pop, and one thing that's really annoying is that the songs always get stuck in your head. Of course, there are many others, but don't you just hate it when you're trying to get to sleep at 12:00 but then you can't forget the lyrics to some stupid song? Ick. :barf: :barf: :barf:
I agree with you completely. It's so irritating when those little 12 and 13-year-old girls squeal over crappy "musicians" like N*Sync or BSB. Plus that music has no substance, and it's only out there for money.

Chris - Hey mama! ; )
Old 03/10/2003, 9:50 PM
Geometry Sucks.
Staff Alumnus

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: t.A.T.u. Performance

Quote:
Originally posted by Bryansgirl

I agree with you completely. It's so irritating when those little 12 and 13-year-old girls squeal over crappy "musicians" like N*Sync or BSB. Plus that music has no substance, and it's only out there for money.
That is so true. And great musicians never make it down the road to fame.... You know, it's kinda like Adam Sandler and Nicole Sullivan. Guess who had more talent, and guess who weaseled his way to stardom?

Good evening, y'all. I'm Tovah McQueen. (And I'm Belma Buttons.) And this is, reality check. The show where you leave your delusions at the door, sit yo' ass down, open up wide for a big ole' slice of truth, with a side of wisdom.

--Reality Check

(Tovah: Oh now Belma baby-- I gotta ask yo' now: Did you make this Chocolate covered butter stick?

Belma: OOh, girl, you know I did. But I made it with that lightly salted butter. You know we do gotta watch our high blood.

Tovah: OOh, baby, this is so good I outtta bust 'ya in da head with a car engine!)

Old 03/10/2003, 10:10 PM
Right-wing rocker

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: t.A.T.u. Performance

Quote:
That is so true. And great musicians never make it down the road to fame.... You know, it's kinda like Adam Sandler and Nicole Sullivan. Guess who had more talent, and guess who weaseled his way to stardom?
I couldn't have said it better myself. It is always the most talented people who are completely underrated. I don't dislike Adam Sandler, but his talent is eclipsed by Nicole's completely.

Chris - Hey mama! ; )
Old 03/11/2003, 12:01 AM
26/07/16!!

I prefer rock myself. And what u say about Adam Sandler is true i mean although i happen to think hes funny i know alot of people who dont, probably due to his "childish" style of comedy.
Old 03/11/2003, 7:11 AM
Regular

Quote:
Rob rated the Murderer sketch as THE worst sketch of season seven, in the season seven overview.
Oops, I thought that it said "RON" as in Ron Pederson, not Rob the reviewer. That's why I was curious where he was heard saying that.

And I agree that sketch was awful, and it was from my least favorite episode ever (the February 9, 2002 episode). Do they even put any thought into what sketches to encore?

Old 03/11/2003, 1:50 PM
Rufff Rufff!!!

Angie, we need a new thread for this week's episode.

Here's the details on upcoming episodes of MADtv:

Michael Jackson on Reality Check (not sure who's MJ this time but this should be interesting)
Sorority Row helps campus workers
Grand Theft Auto TV Show
Guest starring Trish Stratus, Eric Idle (?)

Another John "Madman" Madden sketch
Oscars themed episode (Frank plays Jack Nicolson or Nicolas; the actor one)
Swirly Time
Ike does Nick Nolte
Another Bush sketch

Old 03/11/2003, 2:32 PM
Angie -- Michael McD fan!
Staff Alumnus

Okay, it's up.

Guard: Lift up your shirt, son.
Chris: I need an adult! I need an adult!
Guard: You're not a shoplifter, you're just a fat kid. Sorry about that fatty fat fatty. Hey Tom, he's just a fat kid! Aren't you, fatty? You're just a big ol' fat kid. Here's some chocolate, fatso.
Chris: Thanks!
Lois: Oh, honey, no one thinks you're fat.
Lifeguard: I'm sorry ma'am, you can't park your van on the diving board.
Lois: This is my son!
Lifeguard: Oh. My apologies. Hey Tom! He's not a van, he's just a fat kid!
--Family Guy
Old 03/11/2003, 2:38 PM
Right-wing rocker

Quote:
Originally posted by funny_guy
I prefer rock myself. And what u say about Adam Sandler is true i mean although i happen to think hes funny i know alot of people who dont, probably due to his "childish" style of comedy.
I think that's true. I mean, I like poop and fart jokes as much as the next person, but that's not all there is to comedy.

Chris - Hey mama! ; )
Old 03/11/2003, 5:45 PM
Geometry Sucks.
Staff Alumnus

I enjoy classical (Not classical rock, just the music people listened to in the 1700's. Go ahead, make fun of me. :p) and rock myself, but I hate pop's filthy, cancerous guts.

--Reality Check

Old 03/11/2003, 7:12 PM
26/07/16!!

The way pop songs get stuck into your head not because u like them, its unnatural. I think i smell a conspiracy
Old 03/11/2003, 8:07 PM
Rufff Rufff!!!

Notice that when "pop" music turned from bubblegum to r&b that strangely enough so did Justin Timberlake and Britney Spears??? But they just say that R&B music is the type of music they always wanted to sing??? Give me a break. Damn preppy posers (mumbles under breath)

Rock music lasts forever though (as long as bands like Poo Mound Glory and Pimple Plan don't destroy it)

Old 03/11/2003, 8:10 PM
Right-wing rocker

Quote:
Originally posted by Mad Dog
Notice that when "pop" music turned from bubblegum to r&b that strangely enough so did Justin Timberlake and Britney Spears??? But they just say that R&B music is the type of music they always wanted to sing??? Give me a break. Damn preppy posers (mumbles under breath)

Rock music lasts forever though (as long as bands like Poo Mound Glory and Pimple Plan don't destroy it)
I noticed that too, Mad Dog. They keep explaining it as though they were the ones who started the R&B music sweep. Yeah, right! I'm sure "Oops! I Did it Again" was really R&B!

NIRVANA and TAPROOT forever.

Chris - Hey mama! ; )
Old 03/12/2003, 9:47 AM
Can't You Read the Signs?

Unfortunately even the "rebellious" acts have been commercialized. A lot of kids think that they're being hardcore listening to Avril Lavigne and Good Charlotte
Old 03/12/2003, 11:26 AM
Rufff Rufff!!!

I hate all those skater boy poppy "punk" bands like Not By Choice. They are the biggest posers in the world!!! They aren't punk. They aren't even skater punk like NOFX or Pennywise. They're pop rock! "I'd do anything...just to hold you in my arms."
What kind of crap is that??? Punks don't sing about girlfriends. Gosh, sounds like something Britney would sing! Even Christina Aguilera has deeper lyrics than that. I'd like to see bands like The Casualties, the Dead Kennedys, The Distillers or Rancid go and kick those kids' asses!!!

Old 03/12/2003, 11:51 AM
Right-wing rocker

Quote:
Originally posted by Mad Dog
I hate all those skater boy poppy "punk" bands like Not By Choice. They are the biggest posers in the world!!! They aren't punk. They aren't even skater punk like NOFX or Pennywise. They're pop rock! "I'd do anything...just to hold you in my arms."
What kind of crap is that??? Punks don't sing about girlfriends. Gosh, sounds like something Britney would sing! Even Christina Aguilera has deeper lyrics than that. I'd like to see bands like The Casualties, the Dead Kennedys, The Distillers or Rancid go and kick those kids' asses!!!
You have good taste in music, Mad Dog. I like Anti-Flag too, and The Clash. Do you? I also can't stand Good Charlotte.

Chris - Hey mama! ; )
Old 03/12/2003, 3:48 PM
Regular

Sorry for the delay. Here's a really short summary of myself:

Sexual Orientation: Straight
Favorite Pro-Wrestlers: Chris Jericho, RVD, Kurt Angle, Chris Benoit, Edge
Favorite Bands: U2, R.E.M., Our Lady Peace, Dave Matthews Band
Least Favorite Bands: Any Poser "Rock" Bands

Old 03/15/2003, 11:23 PM
Travis aka... God!

Ok, I'd just like to step in here and put in my 2 cents.

Pop music is crap. I agree with you guys. It's for 14 year old girls. lol. I also like Adam Sandler. The Waterboy and Happy Gilmore were really awesome and I think he had more than some fart jokes and that kind of stuff in there. That is funny but can get really old. I'm not saying he has more talent that Nicole Sullivan though. He is just really goofy and good for a laugh.

I dunno, just had to say SOMETHING. lol

Old 07/20/2003, 8:51 PM
Fresh Meat

Default king of queens

who plays who in the king of queens parody?