Go Back   Planet MADtv > Our Database > MADtv Repository > MADtv Episode Guide > Season 14 (2008-2009)
Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Notices

View Poll Results: What was your Favourite Sketch of 1416?
CSI Mayberry #1-2 2 10.00%
Bobby's Love Song 5 25.00%
Fave 5 #1-3 0 0%
Divorce Attorney-at-Law #1-3 1 5.00%
Sesame Street: Childhood Obesity 2 10.00%
Coach Hines: Judgment Day #1-2 8 40.00%
Nacho Hernandez Meets Jovan Muskatelle 1 5.00%
Gym Desk Clerk 1 5.00%
Bobby Thanks the Feature Players 0 0%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05/29/2009, 7:16 PM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

Out of all the episodes this season, this episode got my highest rating. And it's well deserving too, as it was truly one of the greatest episodes ever.

Rise from the Dead!

Planet MADtv (August 28th 2002- August 28th 2009, August 28th 2010)

Old 05/02/2009, 6:08 PM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

Does anyone find it odd that this episode and the 200th episode are both considered the best episodes ever, and they both had a large amount of characters? :nudge: nudge:

Rise from the Dead!

Old 04/28/2009, 1:37 AM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

This must be a good episode if Bobby's Love Song has not yet gotten a single vote in the poll.

Rise from the Dead!

Old 04/28/2009, 1:34 AM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

Oh yeah, I also forgot to mention how much I loved the fact there were no Extras in this. At least I can remember MADtv the way it should be. With no extras at the end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StopThatTicking View Post
to me, the talent of keegan is so far beyond any other guy who does sketch comedy.. except michael mcdonald, who will always be the best. but to me, keegan and michael are without a doubt the two greatest MALE sketch comics of all time, and it's been so awesome to be able to see them on the same show, in the same sketches. hmm, i wonder who i think the best female sketch comic of all time is..
You know, I agree with this too. As much as the 1st generation cast was good, Michael and Keegan will always be my favourite male cast members on this show. Also, I like Keegan because he had, as I have said before characters. Keegan was the last truly great character guy. Just the fact that so many of his characters could stand on there own just like it showed in this episode just proves how great Keegan was. Keegan is truly the best male cast member to enter the show in the 2nd generation. Even better than Bobby. I really hope he can find a great future in the movies, or on television. I will definately watch it. He is really like the boy Nicole Sullivan for me. So good that I will be watching his career henceforth.

Rise from the Dead!

Old 04/27/2009, 10:43 PM
Hardcore Fan

as fun as it would be to be a stick in the mud and disagree with everyone on this episode, i must say that i too found this episode to be quite good

CSI Mayberry #1-2

this was awesome. eric's barney was excellent

crista as opie? i'm speechless. which is fortunate for me, because if i was able to express how much i loved this, you'd definitely think i was nuts (if you don't already)

lmao @ "i'm so traumatized, i reckon i might just move to hollywood, lose all my hair, and make movies with no edge"

this was funny from beginning to end.. aw, f@#$ it! *shoot*

Bobby's Love Song

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvmanismadformad View Post
The Office reference, which I loved because A. I love the Office, and B. I really wish the couple name Cribby could be used to describe their relationship. StopThatTicking came up with the idea and I absolutely loved it.

when i saw the office reference and the crista/bobby clips, i was like.. hey, that's my youtube cribby tribute!

this was superb, especially the song

Fave 5 #1-3

nah

Divorce Attorney-at-Law #1-3

the first two of these were hilarious. the third one was completely predictable and unnecessary

Sesame Street: Childhood Obesity

and i thought crista looked good in the "bobby's love song" sketch.. yikes, look at her here

oh, back to the rating stuff. sure, the previous sesame street sketches may have been a little better, but this one had a good share of laughs too

Coach Hines: Judgment Day #1-2

this sketch was just alright (not as funny as other coach hines sketches), but i can definitely appreciate a coach hines tribute, or any tribute for anything keegan does. the eugene/caress thing at the end was pretty cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvmanismadformad View Post
Keegan was truly special, and though he won't be remembered as well as some of the 1st generation males like Will, or Michael.
to me, the talent of keegan is so far beyond any other guy who does sketch comedy.. except michael mcdonald, who will always be the best. but to me, keegan and michael are without a doubt the two greatest MALE sketch comics of all time, and it's been so awesome to be able to see them on the same show, in the same sketches. hmm, i wonder who i think the best female sketch comic of all time is..

Nacho Hernandez Meets Jovan Muskatelle

meximonium 2009! this wasn't all that funny as it was crazy as hell, but it was nice to see jovan again, and nacho had some pretty amusing moves. the bae sung part was short and sweet

Gym Desk Clerk

"yeah, i'm at a gym." hehe. this was good. the effects of long-term flexing are funny. good job, matt

overall:

i'm content

Old 04/27/2009, 9:37 PM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

Look, I just really loved this episode, and after having episodes that ranged from mediocre to bad episodes for the last 2 years, the only 2 years I have watched the show as it airs, it feels really good to feel so passionate about an episode after watching it air for the first time. I've never had that experience before.

Rise from the Dead!

Old 04/27/2009, 9:08 PM
Run & Tell DAT! Homeboy!

I'm saying... it was a good episode, but God damn...

Old 04/27/2009, 8:53 PM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

You didn't watch it did you? It's ok to admit it.

Rise from the Dead!

Old 04/27/2009, 8:38 PM
Run & Tell DAT! Homeboy!

The orgasming over this episode is really lame.

Old 04/27/2009, 8:36 PM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

Default My Review of the Best MADtv Episode Ever!

Notes:

Did anyone notice that the name Greg was used like 3 different times in this episode?

Also, in the Coach Hines sketch, Yaminashi was credited as Terry Yaminashi, but in episode 1222, Coach Hines called Yaminashi Joseph Yaminashi. Which is correct?

This episode really proved how much Keegan meant to the show. Keegan was truly special, and though he won't be remembered as well as some of the 1st generation males like Will, or Michael. He does deserve his due. He created great characters, and made his impression on the show. I really hope Keegan can find some Hollywood stardom in the future, because he really deserves it. This episode really proves that. Good luck Keegan in your future endeavours.

Did anybody think Erica's hair looked weird this week? It looked like she was sporting an afro or something.

Review:

CSI Mayberry #1: I was so glad to see this because this is one of the things I always found that MADtv did great. Classic television parodies. This one was not laugh out loud funny, but it was still good. The highlight was Andy saying that Otis is going to get Mayburied. A good way to start off the best episode ever.

Bobby's Love Song: This was great! It was great to see them wrap this up. There were a lot of highlights in this sketch. The Office reference, which I loved because A. I love the Office, and B. I really wish the couple name Cribby could be used to describe their relationship. StopThatTicking came up with the idea and I absolutely loved it. The Office reference where they use the acronym JAM to describe Jim and Pam is where this comes from. However, there is no creepy Asian guy who follows Pam. I also loved Bobby's song. That is exactly the kind of song he would sing. Great sketch to end the Cribby relationship. Welcome to the world's newest song writer. Bobby Lee. The first of many 5 star sketches for this episode.

CSI Mayberry #2: This was not that bad. The highlight was the tazer running out of juice and Barney just shooting Aunt Bee to get it over with.

Fave 5 #1: These are bad, but I don't blame it on the writers. I honestly think that when they are told to do these this is how they come up with whom to put in them.

Ok, we have to do another T-Mobile propaganda ad. Everybody, grab your laptops and go online. Whichever celebrity you see first is the one we will use.

Oh, I saw Jessica Simpson!

Good! Use It!

I actually have a very interesting article I found about MADtv using ads that I will post in another thread later, but you will find that it took years before they could find a sponsor that would be ok with just this.

Divorce Attorney-at-Law #1: I love the ones where I think I know where it is going, and then they do a 360 on it, and it is completely not what I thought it would be. This was one of them. The highlight was Anthony coming in saying that it is time for a divorce.

Sesame Street: Childhood Obesity: You know this is a great episode when the Sesame Street sketch is one of the lowest sketches of the evening. It was still funny, but it wasn't as funny as some of the other ones. The highlight was the first song they sang. I really liked it. And the Count also.

Divorce Attorney-at-Law #2: I really liked this one because I heard somewhere that this is a sign that a relationship is at an end. When the couple spends a good portion of their morning talking about what is in there breakfast cereal. I kind of saw what was coming, but it was still funny. The highlight was Anthony coming in and saying "has it come to this?"

Fave 5 #2: The incredible Hulk was a different way to go on this, but it was still pretty bad. 2 1/2 stars for creativity.

Coach Hines: Judgement Day #1: This was the beginning of what I believe was the best Coach Hines sketch ever! There were so many highlights I don't even know where to begin, but begin I will. The highlights were Coach Hines's reaction to Yaminashi spending his free time helping students in the quad, and Yaminashi's video of Coach Hines's rage over the past 6 years. The video was very well put together, and the song choice was fantastic. The best clip show the show has ever had. I am so glad they split this up into 2 different sketches, because with all the comedy in the first half, if it was just one large sketch, I don't think I would have been able to take it. My head would have exploded.

Coach Hines: Judgement Day #2: For this sketch I am going to do something I vowed I would never do. I am going to give this sketch a 10 star rating! It was that good! When Coach Hines left the room, I stood up and gave him a standing ovation. The highlights of this one, and there are many, include Darnell defending Coach Hines, Yaminashi defending Coach Hines, and Hines saying "it's been fun everybody. Peace out. Now this would have been good enough, but then Eugene and Caress! This was so shocking to see and so great that it should have been illegal.:s tar:

Fave 5 #3: Worst of the Fave's.

Nacho Hernandez Meets Jovan Muskatelle: Ok, by this point this episode is already the best episode ever, and now we get Nacho. Nacho is still great, and I think it is going to be the one thing that Johnny is remembered for on this show. By this point, seeing Nacho would have been enough, but then Jovan! I thought he was a dead character, especially since he hasn't been seen in like forever. He was still great! I never realized how similar Nacho and Jovan's segments were. The highlight was just how much they bounced off each other. By this point my head was spinning. I was thinking, how could this episode get any better? Well it got better with 3 words. Oh, oh Hot Dog! I mean Bae Sung! He didn't need to be there but he was! It was totally awesome! They brought so much into this episode, that it was crazy. This episode was so good, that if anybody says that it was bad and meant it, I would make sure that they wouldn't see the next day on this site. I know this sounds like a threat, but it's really not. I'm just expressing how much I really loved this episode.

Gym Desk Clerk: An off-topic sketch. This is just to kill out the episode. It's not going to be funny, or entertaining. Wrong! This sketch was great too! The highlight was Ted flexing for 40 minutes. His reaction going into the final minute was so great. His twitching, and stuttering. This sketch competed well in an episode that was truly great.

Bobby Lee Thanks the Feature Players: It was nice of Bobby to thank the feature players, but I found it a little odd that he thought they were the best feature players he has ever performed beside. Better than the season 9 feature cast that had Nicole P, Keegan, Jordan, Daniele, and Gillian? I think that group was better. Not to say that these players weren't good. They were great, but not as good as the season 9 feature players, in my opinion. I do kind of wish Bobby said this in more of a season finale ending, but I guess he couldn't since QD&E were adamant about not making this look like a finale.

If you read back on my last few review, you will see that I kept saying that MADtv was building to something. This was the something. This was one of the greatest episodes the show ever produced. The 200th episode is the only episode I can see topping this one. That's right. I am saying that this episode was the best episode MADtv has produced in over 6 years! Better than any episode in season 12 even! I don't care if in the actual final episode they set Arden on fire (in a flame suit so that the fire wouldn't really hurt her. For all of you who know my hatred of Arden, you know why I would enjoy this) this is the MADtv I will always remember. A MADtv that blitzed you with characters, and great classic television parodies. I have never seen a better episode. I loved every minute of it. So much that I may even try to download it via torrents if I can. Out of 75 stars, this episode got 57 1/2 stars. The Fave 5's really ruined this but... You know what, I'm going to break another one of my rules! To hell with the Fave 5's! I'm not going to let a stupid forced advertising gimmick that they had to do affect the greatest episode ever. out of 60 stars now, this episode got 53 1/2. That is an A rating, and the highest rating I have ever given for one episode. For MADtv, this is what I'll always remember. Way to go MADtv, you gave me a good memory to remember you by after you go over that horizon. Thank you.

I know this looks lame, but I don't care. I did it anyway.

Rise from the Dead!

Last edited by tvmanismadformad; 09/27/2009 at 4:55 PM. Reason: Picture Reformatted

Old 04/27/2009, 4:36 PM
MADtv Fan Since 1995 EST.

The Best Episode of the Season in my opinion

and the best episode since Season 12.

Old 04/27/2009, 1:56 PM
Hardcore Fan

I did see a good part of the episode and I think the Gym Desk sketch reminded me how bad the show has gone since the early 2000s. Hopefully the clip show on 5/16 will be better and provide great memories for all the fans who supported the series from day #1 like I did.

Old 04/27/2009, 7:49 AM
Hardcore Fan

Okay, finished watching the episode, and wow--what a brilliantly done finale. It provided some closure, had some nice gags that rewarded the real fans of MAD (ie the Bae Sung reference, the Eugene/Caress ending, things that only hardcore MAD fans would get), and best of all, every sketch was funny. Every single sketch. I'm not counting those retarded Fave 5s because they only make up 10 seconds apiece, and it's not really their fault anyway. I couldn't have asked for a better way to end this show.

One of the best episodes this show has had.

10/10
MVP: Keegan with all 4 FPs as runner-ups.

Old 04/27/2009, 6:18 AM
Obsessed!

I didn't get to watch it last night, but I was sad to see that Nicole never got to do another Disney Girl before she left

I'm not a Coach Hines fan, but that sketch sounds amazign!

- "He looka lika man." - Bunny Swan
-"This has been Cabana Chat, and this AHH AHH AHHHHHH is Dixie Wetsworth!" -Dixie Wetsworth, Cabana Chat
-"Tcha...ya know what? Huh-uh!" - The Vancome Lady
-"You're so sexy!" - 2-Litre Beth
-"Look how little my gloves are!" - Dot Goddard
-"Sit your ass on down for a big ol' slice of truth, and a side of wisdom" - Tovah McQueen
-"Look what I can do!" ~ Stuart

Old 04/26/2009, 6:35 PM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

I have posted the who/what for this episode, and I must say, if this was the last summary I've had to do, I couldn't have asked for a better episode to summarize.

One question. In the Gym Desk Clerk sketch, was Bobby came out, everyone seemed to cheer really abnormally loud. Was this a character or something that I was not aware of?

My review will come soon.

Rise from the Dead!

Old 04/26/2009, 5:16 PM
Darth Tater
Staff Alumnus

The end of the Coach Hines sketch with Carress and Eugene? AMAZING.
Darnell's Corky St. Clair reference about bastard people? AMAZING.
Bobby's song? AMAZING.

Old 04/26/2009, 3:03 PM
Fresh Meat

ok thanks for clearing that up!

Old 04/26/2009, 2:25 PM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

Ok, I'm going to clear this up. He did not say fucknugget, he said fudnugget. This is just like in the 3 Minute Meal sketch from 1122 when Crista was trying to get a bag of bread open and said "when you head is being filled with the endless sounds of a ticking clock" when she said clock, it sounded like she was saying fuck but she wasn't.

Rise from the Dead!

Old 04/26/2009, 2:21 PM
Fresh Meat

I was watching my TiVi version of last night's episode. During Coach Hines skit, did Keggan actually say the word (pls excuse me) "Fuck nuggets"? I'm amazed the censors didn't go nuts.....

Old 04/26/2009, 9:59 AM
Fresh Meat

i voted for Coach Hines, but the Andy Griffith parodies were a close 2nd.

Coach Hines got it simply for being...Coach Hines.
Andy Griffith was even more impressive for being all of the new cast (minus Crista)

Also......"Dr. Larry's Sleeping Pills" theme used in the 2nd Divorce Attorney!