Go Back   Planet MADtv > Our Database > MADtv Repository > MADtv Episode Guide > Season 14 (2008-2009)
Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Notices

View Poll Results: What was your Favourite Sketch of 1414?
Bobby Asks for Forgiveness 1 6.67%
Beware of Goblins #1-2 3 20.00%
eHarmony #1-2 0 0%
HNS Late Night 1 6.67%
Fave 5 #1-3 0 0%
Dictionary Words #1-3 8 53.33%
24 with Cheech and Chong 1 6.67%
Sundance Channel 0 0%
Dan's Classy Lady 0 0%
Flirty Sanchez 1 6.67%
MADtv Extras #1-3 0 0%
Arden Closes 0 0%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04/06/2009, 7:59 PM
Hardcore Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_light_888 View Post
Prepare to feel the wrath of edkedkedk and StopThatTicking.

well, i don't have much wrath. i do have some disgruntlement though..

actually, i can appreciate a good trolling

this review is coming a bit late because i was.. gone. here it goes..

Bobby Asks for Forgiveness
decent

Beware of Goblins #1-2
wilmer, ha. prank shows, ha. goblins, haha.

eHarmony #1-2
the difference between these eharmony sketches and last episode's eharmony sketches is that these were pretty funny, particularly the mormon one

HNS Late Night
nicole was great. and crista was too! loneliness, hahaha.

Fave 5 #1-3
whatever

Dictionary Words #1-3
yes, much of this was quite good. savings

24 with Cheech and Chong
parts of this were good, but most of it was just too much. too much stupid

Sundance Channel
hmm, almost

Dan's Classy Lady
some of this was funny. some not really. but not so bad, arden

Flirty Sanchez
that smells like shhh!

overall
there wasn't much of anything awful and every sketch had a little something.
and some of them had a little more than something. good episode indeed

Old 04/01/2009, 12:04 AM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

In case anyone's interested, here's the link to the poll dancing place where Arden got her lessons.

Rise from the Dead!

Planet MADtv (August 28th 2002- August 28th 2009, August 28th 2010)

Old 03/29/2009, 7:20 PM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

Bobby Asks for Forgiveness: Ok. I did feel however that Crista was just reading her lines, and not acting them. Also, is it just me, or did anyone else feel like when Bobby got on Nicole's bed and started swiveling her hips, that that was one of the most nauseating Bobby naked moments ever, and maybe one of the most deserving moments the show has ever had? I did really like it that Nicole was the one Bobby was "cheating" with. I felt that they could have had a real connection, but when Crista came along they just abandoned that road. The highlight was Bobby in Crista's bedroom

Beware of Goblins #1: So is Johnny like the Mexican Bobby now? He's just going to play the Hispanic roles just because he is Hispanic? He didn't look anything like Wilmer Valderrama. As for the sketch, it was very unoriginal, and not that funny.

eHarmony #1: When I saw this I let out an "ugh again"! I really wish they could put these under the Lowered Expectations name. That way would be much better. As for the coupling, it was not that great. Crista's acting was great but the sketch didn't do it for me.

Beware of Goblins #2: Unneeded.

HSN Late Night: This sketch was really only funny because of one unfair reason. It was funny because with Nicole laughing for a long time, eventually the person watching is going to laugh. Also, this seemed a lot like the person she played in the Ann Curry sketch back in 1411. The highlight was Nicole laughing about the loss of her ruler. I couldn't stop laughing myself.

eHarmony #2: Again not that funny. I will do something rare and give Arden credit in this one. She was actually pretty good. The highlight was Arden's response to the guys 19 inch penis.

Fave 5 #1: I won't even bother reviewing these.

Dictionary Words #1: This was not only the best sketch of the episode, but one of the best sketches of the season. The highlight was the butter face one. "From across the Sizzler she looked good, but up close she was in fact a butter face". A well deserving 5 star sketch. Well done MADtv!

24 with Cheech and Chong: Though it lagged at certain points, it was still not bad. The highlight was the return appearance of Dr. Bongenstine. By the way, did anyone notice this but me?

Dictionary Words #2: Still good. I still don't feel cheated while watching these. The highlight was the changing of the word literally.

Fave 5 #2: Won't bother.

Dictionary Words #3: Still great! The only parted sketch this season that I have loved from 1-3! The highlight was after they got rid of the word Detroit, and Keegan looking on in distress. This was funny because Keegan is from Detroit.

Sundance Channel: Not as good as I thought it would be. The highlight was drunk Julie Andrews.

Fave 5 #3:

Dan's Classy Ladies: Well as you can guess I absolutely hated this. One of the most unoriginal roles for Arden to play. And since when is Arden considered one of the guys? The poll dancers too were not very good actresses. It was just unoriginal, unfunny, and completely dumb. The highlight was Arden saying that she quit MADtv. Even though I knew she was joking, I yelled out a loud yes, because I so want her off the show.

Flirty Sanchez: Not that funny, but still not so bad. The highlight was the fact that you could pick them up at the Rusty Trombone

MADtv Extras: 24 with Cheech and Chong Outtakes: Not too bad. "You owe me a bong man" was the highlight.

MADtv Extras: Sundance Channel Outtakes: Again, it was just ok. The highlight was Julie drunkenly asking why there is not just a button that can put the whole thing together.

MADtv Extras: Dictionary Words Deleted Scene/Outtake: Still great. I wouldn't mind seeing these again in another episode. The highlight was again the butter face, and the LOL.

Arden Closes: Nothing really different.

Out of 100 stars this episode got 52. That's about a C- rating. The dictionary words sketches were the only things really good about this episode. The rest bordered from ok, to meh, to bad. Still, I can see the show getting better, and I think MADtv is moving in a good direction.

Rise from the Dead!

Last edited by tvmanismadformad; 03/30/2009 at 1:39 PM.

Old 03/29/2009, 5:27 PM
Darth Tater
Staff Alumnus

Let's get back to the actual topic, which is this episode. Kthxbai.

Old 03/29/2009, 5:26 PM
Run & Tell DAT! Homeboy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvmanismadformad View Post
Um not at all. Frankly she has one beaver that's dead, and one that's covered in sextual deseases. Was that too much?

Old 03/29/2009, 5:24 PM
Casual Fan

Arden's a pretty girl, body and face. Her only problem is she's not that funny, and a goddess like Crista makes her look less attractive in comparison.

Old 03/29/2009, 5:18 PM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADfan2004 View Post
Enough of this. Let's get back to the IMPORTANT topic at hand. HOW HOT WAS ARDEN IN THE SEXY TRAPPER OUTFIT?
Um not at all. Frankly she has one beaver that's dead, and one that's covered in sextual deseases. Was that too much?

Rise from the Dead!

Old 03/29/2009, 5:04 PM
Casual Fan

Crista is a butterface but Arden is smoking hot?
Quote:
Yes.
ITT: MADfan2004 has poor taste in women. (jkjk)

Old 03/29/2009, 5:01 PM
Casual Fan

MADfan2004 thinks Crista's a butterface? I think that may be a troll post...

Quote:
Enough of this. Let's get back to the IMPORTANT topic at hand. HOW HOT WAS ARDEN IN THE SEXY TRAPPER OUTFIT?
Now I know I'm responding to a troll post. It's ok. I respect everyone's opinions (no matter how wrong they are).

As for last night's episode, there were a lot of good sketches. My favorite was the dictionary sketches. I also really liked the opening and the Goblins sketches. It was nice to see the whole sketch with Judy Dench and the Dali Lama too.

Old 03/29/2009, 4:54 PM
Run & Tell DAT! Homeboy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisblkchris View Post
Crista is a butterface but Arden is smoking hot!?!?!
Yes.

Old 03/29/2009, 4:51 PM
Casual Fan

Quote:
Butterface (n):

A woman who looks good everywhere... but her face.

Crista Flanagan is quite the butterface.

Few have as pretty a face as Crista.

Old 03/29/2009, 4:43 PM
Casual Fan

Wow really!?!?! Crista is a butterface but Arden is smoking hot!?!?! To quote the great David Allen Grier and black people in general " HAVE YOU LOST YOUR DAMN MIND?"

Old 03/29/2009, 9:34 AM
n4yr

This episode wasnt too too bad. I liked the Dictionary one, that 3 AM infomercial thing Nicole did and the Bobby cheating opening. I'm getting tired of these eHarmony and Fave 5 sketches. Was that Ikeaclasts sketch was an encore??? Arden's pole dancing wasnt that funny at all. 24 with Bobby Lee, cheech and Chogn was pretty good but it dragged on too long. And Beware of Goblins and Flirty Sanchez were okay but not spectacular. I'm gonna give this one a B-

Old 03/29/2009, 9:34 AM
Literally

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_light_888 View Post
Oh, and don't forget to rate the episodes in the upper right column as they air. I forgot about it for an entire month and I had to go back and rate every single one.
Wow, I haven't even noticed that rating-thing I always wondered where the stars come from

Old 03/29/2009, 9:18 AM
Fresh Meat

I though it was a great episode. I loved "Beware of Goblins", Johnny was perfect as Wilder. My favorite was the polygamist eharmony.

Old 03/29/2009, 7:27 AM
Hardcore Fan

you sluts have no taste in ladies, f'real.

Oh, and don't forget to rate the episodes in the upper right column as they air. I forgot about it for an entire month and I had to go back and rate every single one.

Old 03/29/2009, 7:26 AM
Literally

Good episode, I especially liked the first Beware the goblins. And this episode had the best 24 with Bobby Lee, Cheech and Chong are amazing. It was just a bit too short.

Oh, and I have to say that Arden is butterface. She looks good everywhere except her face.

Old 03/29/2009, 6:48 AM
Hardcore Fan

Also, this episode seems to be an indicator that they're beginning to mess around with the format to see what works. It sort of reminded me of the better parts of #1407 and #1408, imo. Nice to see some one-offs, and also nice to see the cast interaction bits coming back.

Sketch-by-sketch, however, this was quite a weird episode. The sketches weren't as laugh-out-loud as before, but the writing was GREAT. The open, New Words, Beware of Goblins, and Dan's Classy Ladies were all awesome, imo. Sundance Channel, HNS Late Night, the Extras and 24 were good, and everything else was either just okay or bad. I didn't like the eHarmony sketches as much this time around. I still think they're great and want to see more of them, but not if they're not shaking up the formula a bit. How about having ones where the couple is cheating on each other and things like those. I think those would be worthwhile bits.

So yeah, well done MADtv.

MVP: Crista/Arden

8/10

Old 03/29/2009, 4:53 AM
Hardcore Fan

"One of the guys" is a casual term meaning that you've been accepted by a group. It has nothing to do with whether you're a guy or a girl.

Old 03/29/2009, 2:03 AM
It's gonna happen
Contributing Editor

Ok 1 I didn't get at all what you meant blue light, and 2 MADfan, how dare you speak that way to your commanding officer! I am a man! A man with a completion as close to a albino (which is still not as white as Crista) as you can get, but still a man! Apologies now!

Rise from the Dead!