Go Back   Planet MADtv > Our Database > MADtv Repository > MADtv Episode Guide > Season 8 (2002-2003)
Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 12/29/2002, 12:19 AM
Yes, they're real.
Staff Alumnus

Another freakin REPEAT!

I think by now, half of the shows this season were either season 7 reruns or season 8 repeats... Pathetic.

Old 12/29/2002, 10:05 AM
Can't You Read the Signs?

Quote:
Originally posted by madislove
u luv season 8!
Well, I've only written three reviews, episodes #801, #802, and #804.. and #802 and #804 are two out of only three episodes in season eight that I give a full 10/10. And yes, I do like season 8 really well so far, but trust me, not every episode has gotten a positive review from me.. in fact, my review for episode #806 is pretty much anything but positive.
I'm almost done with my review for episode #805, I'm working my way up Oh, and I skipped my review for episode #803 on purpose, I want to catch the repeat of it this weekend to refresh my memory, since that is the only episode that I didn't tape, I only saw it once.
Old 12/29/2002, 10:24 AM
I'm Content With Losing

I missed #805... I wanna catch the repeat for that

Its all I need to hear your voice everyday.

I wish never to wake up from this dream Im in right now.
Here I am watching clouds from your bedroom window
As were laying here.

And I wake up today
Still smiling in the air.
Wish dreams could be so great.
-early november
Old 12/29/2002, 11:03 PM
Geometry Sucks.
Staff Alumnus

All right, I have to comment on the Chuckie Brown sketch. The whole sketch wasn't about kids getting raped or smoking crack, you know, they just inserted the "Peanuts" gang into a poor ghetto to parody their stupid problems. It was funny how Chuckie told Linus to stop "smoking his blanket" and how the gang ran away from the cops. MADtv definitely needs more sketches like this.

Good evening, y'all. I'm Tovah McQueen. (And I'm Belma Buttons.) And this is, reality check. The show where you leave your delusions at the door, sit yo' ass down, open up wide for a big ole' slice of truth, with a side of wisdom.

--Reality Check

(Tovah: Oh now Belma baby-- I gotta ask yo' now: Did you make this Chocolate covered butter stick?

Belma: OOh, girl, you know I did. But I made it with that lightly salted butter. You know we do gotta watch our high blood.

Tovah: OOh, baby, this is so good I outtta bust 'ya in da head with a car engine!)

Reality Check: Dreamin' of Denzel Washington...

(my favorite Reality Check sketch)
Old 12/30/2002, 9:30 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by MADMADMAD
All right, I have to comment on the Chuckie Brown sketch. The whole sketch wasn't about kids getting raped or smoking crack, you know, they just inserted the "Peanuts" gang into a poor ghetto to parody their stupid problems. It was funny how Chuckie told Linus to stop "smoking his blanket" and how the gang ran away from the cops. MADtv definitely needs more sketches like this.
Exactly. It was just a parody of the Charlie Brown cartoons, but in this they were "ghetto"-tized. Who knows, maybe they weren't even kids in the parody. But the point and humor of the cartoon wasn't kids getting butt-raped and smoking crack.
Old 12/30/2002, 1:50 PM
Geometry Sucks.
Staff Alumnus

I couldn't have said it better myself. But anyways, people who laughed at the sketch because of kids getting anal raped are just being immature. And people who refused to laugh at the sketch because of kids getting butt-raped need to lighten up a little bit and see what the humor's all about.

Good evening, y'all. I'm Tovah McQueen. (And I'm Belma Buttons.) And this is, reality check. The show where you leave your delusions at the door, sit yo' ass down, open up wide for a big ole' slice of truth, with a side of wisdom.

--Reality Check

(Tovah: Oh now Belma baby-- I gotta ask yo' now: Did you make this Chocolate covered butter stick?

Belma: OOh, girl, you know I did. But I made it with that lightly salted butter. You know we do gotta watch our high blood.

Tovah: OOh, baby, this is so good I outtta bust 'ya in da head with a car engine!)

Old 12/30/2002, 4:39 PM
I'm Content With Losing

can't say it better myself. you can either laugh and lighten up or sit there and be an uptight asshole.

Its all I need to hear your voice everyday.

I wish never to wake up from this dream Im in right now.
Here I am watching clouds from your bedroom window
As were laying here.

And I wake up today
Still smiling in the air.
Wish dreams could be so great.
-early november
Old 12/30/2002, 4:56 PM

lol there was this one article that some Christian parents group organization or whatever wrote.. it was so funny.. they were talking about how disgusted and appalled by "MadTV".. it was especially funny what they said about "Lick My Baby Back Behind".. "insinuating that the issue of pedophelia and incest is a humorous issue".. some people need to loosen up
Old 12/30/2002, 5:36 PM
Geometry Sucks.
Staff Alumnus

Exactly. And anybody that says that MADtv is racist needs to loosen up too. They're missing the point of all the sketches.

--Reality Check

Old 12/30/2002, 5:37 PM
Geometry Sucks.
Staff Alumnus

And how come critics call SNL "sophisticated" and MADtv "racist, disgusting, and immature"? Come on, they're so used to hearing that it's a bad show that they miss out on the humor!

--Reality Check

Old 12/30/2002, 7:29 PM
Rufff Rufff!!!

Notice all the peanuts kids were all black!

Old 12/30/2002, 10:24 PM
Geometry Sucks.
Staff Alumnus

Quote:
Notice all the peanuts kids were all black!
They made the kids black and placed them in a ghetto to parody their stupid little problems.

For example, if you read the "Peanuts" comic strip, you'll find that it's pretty stupid. Oh, Linus has a blanket, Charlie Brown was rejected by the little red-haired girl, Linus won't call Sally his "Sweet baboo"--- OH FOR CRYING OUT LOUD, THAT'S JUST DUMB!!!

But when MADtv placed the peanuts gang in a ghetto, things became really funny. Problems became more serious, and that's why the sketch succeeded. I don't think you'll find problems as serious as cop searches and anal rapings in the original peanuts comic strip. Turning a mild-mannered comic strip into this crazy, out-of-proportion crime scene was a great way to parody "Peanuts".

--Reality Check

Old 12/31/2002, 12:07 PM
Rufff Rufff!!!

MADtv over does the ghetto, sexual, fart, rascist etc jokes though so it just seemed a little slapped together with little thought and just seemed stupid.

Old 12/31/2002, 1:23 PM
Geometry Sucks.
Staff Alumnus

Yes, but every time MADtv does something like that there's a reason behind it. Take the "The Wizard of Oz" parody for example, when Aries Spears plays an African slave trying to find the wizard.

Here's a link to the sketch:
Episode 519: Wizard of Oz Parody

The point was hidden, but it was still there in the sketch. You know how racist the entertainment industry was back then; take the movie "Gone With the Wind" for instance. For God's sake, that was SO white trash! And then at the end of the sketch you find out that the people involved in the movie cut out that scene because it concerned interracial romance. It sounds racist, but there's truth behind it.

--Reality Check

Old 03/23/2004, 5:29 PM
26/07/16!!

Default Episode #804

Music Video: Eve featuring Alicia Keys "Gangsta Lover"
A pretty funny parody i liked this.
3/5

A Wedding Story
This was a pretty creative and original idea. Thumbs up.
3/5

It's the Bigass Pumpkin Chucky Brown
This was alright, im not a huge fan of animation though.
2.5/5

Basketball Team for the Blind and Mildly Retarded
This was funny, Ike's performance wasnt that good in this but the rest of the cast were funny. Good sketch.
3.5/5

Double Dutch #1: Bankruptcy
Didnt really get the appeal of this sketches, maybe if it had some cast members in it, it may of been funnier.
1/5

Senator Debate
This was good, it was funny how they were saying the same lines at the end.
3/5

The Anna Nicole Show: Tony Hawk
This was ok, the dummy they used when Frank was skate boarding was funny, as well as the part when "Anna Nicole" was supposed to be skate boarding.
2.5/5

Doube Dutch #2: Isreal and Pakistan
(See Double Dutch #1: Bankruptcy above)
1/5

Real ********** Talk: Homeland security/Internet/Saddam Hussein...
This was pretty good, good to see a decent use of the guest stars. Also Michael was good here as always.
3/5

Bible Dude: Teen Party
I thought this one was funny.
3.5/5

Double Dutch #3: Plane Crash
(See Double Dutch #1: Bankruptcy above)
1/5

Musical Performance: Xzibit "Multiply"
Zzzzzzzzzzzz
0/5

Close: Go Basketball Team for the Blind and Mildly Retarded
Lol good closing for the show, it was funny to see Michael keep crashing into stuff.
4/5

Overall
Another reasonable episode with a good bulk of sketches in it, although i was disappointed to see no Jill - Michelle this week. After what episode does she leave? Its somewhere at the start of this season thats all i remember.
7/10

*All sketch names appear courtesy of Mysteres Episode Guide

Old 03/23/2004, 10:15 PM
I'm watching you.
Staff Alumnus

Default Re: Episode #804

Quote:
Originally posted by funny_guy

Another reasonable episode with a good bulk of sketches in it, although i was disappointed to see no Jill - Michelle this week. After what episode does she leave? Its somewhere at the start of this season thats all i remember. [/URL]
Episode 820 is her last- "Shopping for a Prom Dress at TJ Max"

Old 03/24/2004, 2:11 AM
Darth Tater
Staff Alumnus

I enjoyed this episode alot.

The opening sucked. There wasn't anything funny about Debra's impression (I prefer Daniele's to be honest) and the Gangstas weren't funny either. What was the joke here? 2/5

TLC Wedding: This was hilarious. Stephnie's dancing was so cute. I loved when he had the stroke, and the baby! hehe this was awesome. I actually thought this was something she wrote herself, because it was definitely of high quality in terms of writing 5/5

Big Ass Pumpkin Chucky Brown: "I'll let you see my vagina for a nickle" LOL! This was pretty funny in parts. The ending with Bobby's character being raped was funny. 3.5/5

Basketball team: I didn't like this much. It was like the 50's Diner sketch from a few weeks ago, but worse. I guess I just don't like the notion of normal people acting like people with disabilities- it's off putting for me and not really funny. 0/5

Double Dutch: I didn't see the appeal of this either. 2/5

Senator Debate: I saw the first minute of the sketch when it was encored- but when they start talking in sync is hilarious! Excellent debut sketch for Ron, and Michael was really good here too. 4/5

The Anna Nicole Show: Tony Hawk: This was another hilarious sketch. I love this impression. When she "pee'd a little" I was in fits. Potty Humor, I know, but Stephnie's subtle comedy makes me laugh every single time, regardless of what it is. Bobby forgot his underwear, hahaha. When she was diddling the bike, It was so funny. When she was skateboarding, and then said "I had my eyes closed, how'd I do?" I love Stephnie soooooo much. Why oh why don't they keep doing Anna Nicole sketches? They are extremely hilarious 5/5

Double Dutch: Same as before

Real ********** Talk: There were several funny things about this one. My favourites include Michael going nuts, the talk about Conundrums, and when he said the N word and kept putting his hand in for a "hell yeah" and the other 3 just sat there. Definitely my favourite RMFT sketch so far 4/5

Bible Dude: Teen Party
edited 28 March 2004 Re-evaluation: This sketch is pretty funny after seeing it a few times. Aries character didn't really add anything funny in my opinion, but Mo, Bobby and Ron were great in this. Michael wasn't bad either
3/5

Double Dutch #3: Plane Crash
Same as the other ones

Musical Performance: Xzibit "Multiply"
I like this song, even though I pretty much don't like rap. The best bit was seeing white people in the audience dance to rap music. That was freaking hilarious!! 4/5

Overall: I thought this was a great episode. The only sketches I really didn't like were The Music Video and the Basketball team one, but it still got a few laughs out of me. I LOVED the TLC wedding story, The Senators debate and the Anna Nicole Show. 8.5/10

Last edited by Dartanian; 03/27/2004 at 10:58 PM.
Old 06/20/2004, 12:38 PM
Duh.

The Wedding Story was just hilarious because it was unexpecting.

The Senators Debate was hilarious because it was executed wonderfully; first they had sentences w/ synonyms, then they ended up saying the exact same thing . Good job, Michael and Ron!.

Dixie Wetsworth: I'm Dixie Wetsworth. You like? I like!

Dancer: Oh, I'm not white. I'm Navajo.
Bunifa Jackson: Well I'm not a ho, either!

Abercrombie Guy 1: So what'd you guys do last night?
Abercrombie Guy 2: Me and the guys from the Crew team went skinny dipping in the lake under the moonlight.
Abercrombie Guy 3: Solid. Yeah, me and some of my lacrosse buddies went to the old hunting lodge and took showers together.
Abercrombie Guy 1 : I played touch football in a wheat field with my girlfriend and 13 guys from the water polo team. Then she split and we gave each other hand jobs.

Cloret: Who the hell is Count-less Va-john?
Countess Vaughn: It's actually Countess Vaughn. I'm on "The Parkers", it's on the UPN.
Cloret: You on the UPN? That explains why I ain't never seen't you.

Police Officer: Was he a black man or a white man?
Ms. Swan: You know... black-a like you, black-a like me.