Go Back   Planet MADtv > Our Database > MADtv Repository > MADtv Episode Guide > Season 4 (1998-1999)
Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10/16/2003, 11:23 AM
Domo Arigato, Mrs. Roboto
Content Robot

Default Episode S04E03 (Aired 1998-09-26)

Cast: Alex Borstein, Andrew Bowen, Mo Collins, Pat Kilbane, Phil LaMarr, Will Sasso, Aries Spears and Debra Wilson

Featuring: Michael McDonald

Special Appearance: Bryan Callen and David Herman
  • Open: Jesse Jackson & Bill Clinton (Aries- Jesse Jackson, Will- Bill Clinton)
  • Steven Seagal's America (Will- Steven Seagal, Alex- Millie, Phil, Mo, Andrew, Pat)
  • Virtual Hills (Debra- Dr. Paula Adams)
  • UBS Stud (Phil- UBS Guy: Jaq, Alex- Marjorie, Debra, Mo- Cheryl)
  • Lorraine: Yard Sale #1 (Mo- Lorraine, Michael, Andrew, Alex)
  • The Dick Van Dyke Show '98 (Pat- Dick Van Dyke: Robert 'Rob' Simpson Petrie, Andrew- Morey Amsterdam: Maurice 'Buddy' Sorrell, Alex- Rose Marie: Sally Rogers, Will- Richard Deacon: Melvin "Mel" Cooley, Phil- Chris Rock, Mo- Mary Tyler Moore: Laura Meeker/Meehan Petrie)
  • Omni Bowl (Aries, Debra, Pat- Spishak Spokesman, Alex- Winter, Phil, Andrew- Christopher Walken)
  • Lorraine: Yard Sale #2 (Mo- Lorraine, Michael, Debra)
  • Stuart Gets Lost (Mo- Doreen, Pat, Andrew, Michael- Stuart)
  • Encore: Dentist in a Box (#205) (David- Mike Lawson, Bryan- Tony Bright)
  • Lorraine: Yard Sale #3 (Mo- Lorraine, Michael)
  • Spy Vs. Spy: Embassy #1 (#204)
  • Close: Alex & Cast

Last edited by tvmanismadformad; 10/09/2010 at 2:12 AM.

Old 01/15/2004, 11:19 PM
Totally F****able

Steven Seagal's America (Will- Steven Seagal, Alex- Millie, Phil, Mo, Andrew, Pat)

I thought this had it's moments, although I'm not fond of Steven Seagal it was still semi good, the part where he gets all pissed off cuz Mo was taking a couple of sweet and lows was hilarious. Other than that it was just so so.

Virtual Hills (Debra- Dr. Paula Adams)

This was hilarious. The old people were funny as hell. The old guy doing the air humpin was just a bit creepy, but the old person gettin chased by bees was funny.

UBS Stud (Phil- UBS Guy: Jaq, Alex- Marjorie, Debra, Mo- Cheryl)

This was good. It was interesting to see how they made the UBS guy into a sexually desireable man, because he's jumpy all the time. Good One.

Lorraine: Yard Sale #1 (Mo- Lorraine, Michael, Andrew, Alex)

I'll admit the very first time I ever saw this sketch, when I first got into Mad.......I wanted to reach into the screen and bitchslap Lorraine.......Now its funny. The whole deal over tacks was hilarious.

The Dick Van Dyke Show '98 (Pat- Dick Van Dyke: Robert 'Rob' Simpson Petrie, Andrew- Morey Amsterdam: Maurice 'Buddy' Sorrell, Alex- Rose Marie: Sally Rogers, Will- Bill Persky, Phil- Chris Rock, Mo- Mary Tyler Moore: Laura Meeker/Meehan Petrie)

This had me until the second minute.......Then it lost me completely.

Omni Bowl (Aries, Debra, Pat- Spishak Spokesman, Alex, Phil, Andrew- Christopher Walken)

Funny as hell. It was funny how they were like all you have to do is wash it after you eat cereal and it becomes a pasta bowl......and how everyone kept saying they'd pay 8,000 dollars for it. LOL too funny.

Lorraine: Yard Sale #2 (Mo- Lorraine, Michael, Debra)

See first Lorraine

Stuart Gets Lost (Mo- Doreen, Pat, Andrew, Michael- Stuart)

Yeah this was semi funny......Michael in any kind of undress is just so not attractive. (Sorry MikeMcDonaldGrl) Mo was good in this.

Encore: Dentist in a Box (#205) (David- Mike Lawson, Bryan- Tony Bright)

I thought this was funny........and gross at the same time.

Lorraine: Yard Sale #3 (Mo- Lorraine, Michael)

See above

Spy Vs. Spy: Embassy #1 (#204) I completely fazed out on this.

Close: Alex & Cast

Old 05/01/2004, 8:48 AM
BREAKING BENJAMIN

Open: Jesse Jackson & Bill Clinton
I guess this one was alright. I guess I never got used to the way MADtv always opened shows during this season, with some celebrity impersonations on the stage. 3/5

Steven Seagal's America
I do not like the Seagal sketches, including this one. Come on, Will, you could have done better. 2/5

Virtual Hills
Now, this sketch was hilarious! I loved every minute of it! 5/5

UBS Stud
I always liked the UBS guy. Phil LaMarr was always a great part of the cast. 4.5/5

Lorraine: Yard Sale #1
And so we embark on (what I believe) is the first Lorraine sketch (but I'm not 100%). Strange how Michael and Lorraine are always running into each other...lol. Now, where are my thumbtacks... 5/5

The Dick Van Dyke Show '98
This one was alright, I guess. I never watched the original show, but I like how MAD does these types of sketches. 3/5

Omni Bowl
This one was good. Of course, any kind of Spishak or anything with Pat should be good. 4/5

Lorraine: Yard Sale #2
I tend to like it when there are multiple mini-sketches of one character/theme in an episode, and they used Lorraine good early on. Uhhhhh! 4/5

Stuart Gets Lost
What can I say? It took me a while after I saw this episode before I realized that this was the first Stuart sketch, but I did hint out that it was an early one because Michael is a featured player in this episode. Mo and Michael have great chemistry as we get teased as they embark on a 36+ Stuart-Doreen sketch journey. 5/5

Encore: Dentist in a Box (#205)
I never saw this the first time around, but I like it. Bryan was always one of my favorite cast members from the early years, and this sketch was a good idea for an encore. What do you like better..."MAD Classic" or "Encore"?

Lorraine: Yard Sale #3
This one was good, but looking at it from a different perspective, the Lorraine portions should have been wrapped up in two, not three parts. 3.5/5.

Spy Vs. Spy: Embassy #1 (#204)
Technically an encore also? I like the SvS cartoons, but if it's not a new one, there's no point. Two encores in one episode is just a little sad.

Close: Alex & Cast
Sure. Yeah. Nothing really to say here.

I give the episode an 8.5/10, which is a B. I would have liked to see a Nicole character or a big Nicole thing tonight. But, I guess it's a little late now. Good show.

Old 05/01/2004, 8:49 AM
BREAKING BENJAMIN

I realized that there was no Nicole at all in this episode. So sad...

Old 05/01/2004, 8:51 AM
Hawt bytch
Staff Alumnus

Yeah, she left the cast for the first 5 eps of the 4th season

Selena Luna = Best. Castmember. Ever.
Old 05/01/2004, 8:53 AM
BREAKING BENJAMIN

really? where have I been? did she actually leave with no intention of coming back, or was she on vacation? she was still credited though (i think).

Old 05/02/2004, 12:37 AM
Hardcore Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by MJB12
really? where have I been? did she actually leave with no intention of coming back, or was she on vacation? she was still credited though (i think).
Really, I wanted to know the same thing for years, was Nicole shooting a movie, was she holding out for more money at the time or was she suspended for making a crude joke about FOX not paying for her car bills in a magician's special on NBC in which she was a waistress working at Caesar's Palace in a toga outfit.
Old 02/18/2005, 9:26 AM
MADtv Fan Since 1995.

Default RE: Episode #403

Yet another gr8 epsiode. First appearence of Stuart & Lorraine. Of course that was gr8. I loved this episode, UBS was in it, which made it hillarious, Virtual Hill was drop-dead funny another gr8 Debra Wilson skit. Good times w/ old seasons