Go Back   Planet MADtv > Everything Else > Off-topic Discussion
Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04/27/2008, 5:25 PM
Where's My Money!?

Default Return of the Viper

Let me just start by saying, I do hope I've put this thread in the correct section, I nearly put it in Announcements but felt this was best as it's offtopic and it states "tell us about yourself"

Now that's been said, let me just say that this post has been a long time coming and I've been meaning to do it much sooner, things in my life have been quite hectic especially recently.

I do have a Myspace, which I don't use too offen, I've kept in touch with Tara and thanks to her, Potora & Matt for sending me messages.

Here's an update of what I've been doing during my absence from this forum...

I successfully completed my Engineering College course, the Certificate took quite a long time to arrive, in the mean time I applied for jobs in the industry few replied I did get an interview with one but felt it wasn't really for me. Then things went abit quiet with the engineering particularly in my area though I did manage to pass my driving so I could go the distance if I needed to. I ended up applying and getting a job for Virgin Mobile, basically working at the Virgin call center, topping up people's phones or transferring them to the correct department if they needed further support.

Just before working for Virgin I'd also applied for a Royal Mail Postman job, my Grandfather was a Postman and I always thought it seemed like quite a nice job as most of them always seem to look so happy (In the UK they do)

I was offered a job with them and after much consideration I decided to take it as the hours seemed better 6:30am - 12:30pm where as Virgin was 12 hour shifts.

I've been a Postman for just over a year and I quite like it as I have my own round and get on with all my colleges and customers and once I'm done I have the rest of the day to focus on other things...although sometimes it can be quite exhausting especially on the heavy days.

That's pretty much what I've been doing, I'm still into art and doing designs of all sorts of things, if you've checked out myspace you'll see some Dragonball Z cels I drew & painted and some Birthday Collages I designed and had printed on cakes.

I'm also still into MADtv (although I've been unable to catch any season 13)
Still a fan of Tarantino, Rodriguez and Tim Burton movies (and seen loads of films which I really need to talk about in the movie thread)
Love the Nintendo Wii (especially Smash Bros Brawl)
Still trying to do nice things and good deeds, helping people if and when I can

And now for my biggest and most upto-date news....

Nearly three weeks ago I entered a Guitar Hero Rock Icon competition which was open to the whole of Europe, basically you had to make a video of yourself rocking out to a song(s) of your choice, My Sister gave me a rock-makeover and filmed me performing to Def Leppard's Pour Some Sugar on Me and Kiss' Crazy Crazy Nights, the footage we made was quite hilarious, I then edited together using Moviemaker and sent my entry a day before the deadline (which was 11th April)

On Friday 18th April,when I got home from work I checked my emails to be completely shocked....I see a message with the title Guitar Hero III - First Prize Winner! (European)‏

Here's part of the winning email:

Activision are pleased to announce that you have been drawn as the winner of the unbelievable Guitar Hero III First Prize of being flown to Neversoft's California-based studio to be digitized and motion-captured in the next Guitar Hero!

You will need to be available from Tuesday 29th April for your flights to LA, where you will be staying for three nights in top accommodation in Santa Monica, visit Neversoft’s studios on Thursday 1st May and fly back from LA on Friday 2nd May.

I'm completely shocked, amazed and can't wait for this fantastic experience. The competition was judged and hand-picked by Joel Jewett of Neversoft and Lemmy from Motorhead.

unfortunately they haven't uploaded my winning video for all to see, but I think it will happen soon on http://www.releaseyourrockstar.com/en

They do have some videos of the other contestants on that site. Hopefully my winning vid will be up there in full soon, otherwise I'll upload it myself.

I look forward to becoming a forum regular once again a hopefully chatting with old friends, Mizzimad, MOdonna, Blackwind, HiVolt, Nik, Newt, Potora, Mxz, Tara, Morgie, Devin, Matt, Scorp, ef etc aswell as making new friends.

If you're still reading this give yourself a pat on the back

Kenny Rogers CS2 CHAMPION: Want sumthin' done right, Gotta doooo it yourself!
Young People, be less picky about who you screw cause it all feels the same in the dark

Jasmine Wayne-Wayne: Je ne sais quoi = I am an Indian.
England?......Where's That? I miss the Money

WILL SASSO IS THE KING OF MADtv

Old 04/27/2008, 5:39 PM
Darth Tater
Staff Alumnus

That's pretty cool Viper. Winning stuff is like, my fantasy. Well, the lottery anyway...

PS: I'm in Ireland now, we're practically neighbours!

Old 04/27/2008, 5:42 PM
Where's My Money!?

Great to hear from you Kurt, how long have you been in Ireland as that's quite a long way from NZ and isn't that a 24 hour journey by plane?

Young People, be less picky about who you screw cause it all feels the same in the dark

Old 04/27/2008, 6:10 PM
Winter is coming, and SO AM I
Administrator

Great to finally have you back, Viper! With all the "Most Missed Member" awards you've been winning, it's about damn time!

Old 04/27/2008, 7:39 PM
Resident Movie Snob <3

Welcome back Viper. Great to hear you're doing well and awesome to hear about the Guitar Hero win, is it gonna be in all versions of the new one? Cause I totally wanna point you out! ^_^

-------------------------------
"Tacocat is spelled the same backwards and fowards!"
Shawn 2/6/87 - 12/5/04

-------------------------------
Old 04/28/2008, 7:18 AM
"You, sir, are sissified"
Staff Alumnus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper View Post
If you're still reading this give yourself a pat on the back
Not only am I patting myself on the back (which I do on general principle anyway), but I'm also pinching myself. Is the V-Man really in our presence once again after all this time? Well, color me browner than a Kenny Rogers Broaster -- he is! Congratulations on completing the engineering course and, of course, on winning Guitar Hero. Things seem to be going really well for you. (That makes one of us. ) No, seriously, though, that's some mighty great news!

Damn, John, this place has really sucked sewer water without our resident K.R.! Although Cagnazzo carried the torch admirably while you were gone, I couldn't help missing the original article. For over a year now, I've had to content myself with my 193848573922343256-CD box set, the peerless You Decorated My Life with Gravy and Mashed Taters: The Kenny Rogers Musical Saga, hoping against hope that the mighty Viper Express would one day roar back to Planet MADtv, its conductor proudly wielding sugar bottles of tea disguised as Jack Daniels. You can't stop the V-Man; you can only hope to contain him.

But hey! Hey! Da mizz has gots ta throw ya a hearty b-welcome b-b-back. Seriously, great to have you back among us, John. Party time!

"We can dig it!"
Old 04/29/2008, 6:13 PM
Staff Alumnus
Staff Alumnus

AHHH hey John. I was wondering what happened to you. Good to know you're alright.
Old 04/29/2008, 6:16 PM
I'm back, bitchesss!

Welcome back, Viper!!! And congrats on winning GUITAR HERO!! I suck at that game. >

Member of Club Juno the most kickass character of The Descent
Old 04/29/2008, 6:44 PM
for the emperor

Sup Vipes.

I can't remember you, but welcome back, i myself recently returned from a hiatus of about a year or so.

always good to see old members amoung the new here

I'm back baby

In all my years I have never seen them do that!
Old 04/30/2008, 7:25 PM
Ready for a change
Active Supporter

wholly shit,vip..thats an awesome prize.big congratulations on that.i'm super jealous.i hope your image appears in ALL region copies of the game.
i bet its your awesome rockstar hair that sold them on you,for sure

Welcome back
Old 05/01/2008, 6:36 PM
JAVAN said so.

Congratulations! Long time, no see!

Old 05/13/2008, 5:54 PM
Where's My Money!?

Thanks for the really warm welcome back everyone, it truely means alot me

I had a fantastic time in L.A. It was short but very sweet!
Unfortunately they still haven't put my winning video entry on the site but they have updated with all my blog entries.
today they've uploaded a rockumentry they edited which includes footage & photos that were taken by my sister and me during the trip.

Rockumentry Video & Main Page

Blog Entries/Photos

Old 05/13/2008, 10:26 PM
JAVAN said so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper View Post
Thanks for the really warm welcome back everyone, it truely means alot me

I had a fantastic time in L.A. It was short but very sweet!
Unfortunately they still haven't put my winning video entry on the site but they have updated with all my blog entries.
today they've uploaded a rockumentry they edited which includes footage & photos that were taken by my sister and me during the trip.

Rockumentry Video & Main Page

Blog Entries/Photos
Man, I love it! I real happy for you!

Old 05/16/2008, 5:49 AM
Ready for a change
Active Supporter

wow that all sounds awesome.Your video blog was cool.i really wanna see ur winning entry though.will u be featured in the Aerosmith GH or one after that?
Old 05/26/2008, 3:05 PM
Where's My Money!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarzapam View Post
wow that all sounds awesome.Your video blog was cool.i really wanna see ur winning entry though.will u be featured in the Aerosmith GH or one after that?
Thanks Tara, I was hoping they were gping to post the video I made which actually won the competition, but they don't seem to be doing it so I'll probably upload it to youtube myself.

I'm going to be in Guitar Hero 4 which should hopefully be out in time for Christmas on Wii, Xbox 360, PS3 and maybe PS2