Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05/12/2008, 1:24 PM
JAVAN said so.

~*~O HAI, NEWBIES!~*~

Old 05/25/2008, 10:28 AM
Flan-Boy Extraordinaire

Hi all, I'm new to this forum, discovered it while checking wikipedia

I'm from Singapore and, like Bobby Lee, am an Asian. Hope no one hates me here, heh. Oh and I don't get MADtv locally , so I have to check YouTube for the show.

I seem to be rambling, but HI TO ALL!
Old 05/25/2008, 9:13 PM
Winter is coming, and SO AM I
Administrator

Welcome aboard, edk.

Old 06/04/2008, 9:40 AM
Fresh Meat

Default hi I'm new

And I am wondering how all those lucky people get to be in the studio audience!
Old 06/08/2008, 12:05 AM
Fresh Meat

Default anybody here?

Anybody here?
Old 06/08/2008, 4:05 AM
Staff Alumnus
Staff Alumnus

No.
Old 06/30/2008, 2:20 PM
Fresh Meat

Hey hey, my name is Johanna.
I live in Sweden, all my friends calls me Jojo.
Im a huge MadTV fan, but they only show season 7 - 9 here i think.
So im not much up to speed on all the new ones, but from what i see on YouTube i still love the season 8/9 cast
Ike, Mo, Michael, Stephnie, Bobby, Aries, Debra... yeah.
But i got an opend mind for the others too
Im a huge fan of Ike, and sorry he isent on the show anymore. Atleast i get to see him 5 times a week still....
Im sorta hoping they will continue to show old season so i can see my faves
Hehe.
Im glad to be a member on this site, from what ive seen so far it seems like a really cool place and nice, friendly MadTV fans

Thank you, and good night

- Ike - Aries - Michael McDonald - Jordan - Bobby Lee - Keegan-Michael Key - Will Sasso - Paul Vogt

- Mo Collins - Nicole Sullivan - Stephnie Weir - Debra Wilson -
Old 06/30/2008, 8:54 PM
"You, sir, are sissified"
Staff Alumnus

Hey, Jojo, welcome to the forum! I hope you get to see some other seasons in the near future. I highly recommend the first four or five, or what many would consider the "classic" era of "MADtv." Even though my opinions tend to be in the minority around here, they are always right. *Dodges angry glares from the rest of the forum.*" Anyway, I hope you will stick around for a while; we can always use the support...lol. Enjoy!

"We can dig it!"
Old 07/12/2008, 12:31 PM
Fresh Meat

hi i'm Mark. I registered on here a while ago, but finally posting. Glad to be aboard!
Old 07/12/2008, 1:14 PM
Staff Alumnus

Hey, Mark, welcome to the forum! BTW, who's your favorite "MADtv" character? Heh-heh, sarcasm. Seriously, though, I hope you'll stick around for a spell.

"We can dig it!"
Old 07/12/2008, 1:55 PM
Fresh Meat

Ironically it's not Bae Sung but he's one of my favorites.

I'll be around from time to time. I'll go through my usual newbie posting phase.
Old 08/07/2008, 2:59 PM
Fresh Meat

Default What is the point?

Hey everybody!!

Im always a good girlnever bad!I just wanna say thanks for this website.Madtv always makes me laugh!! when im blue.

KEEGAN-MICHAEL KEY IS MY FAV> AND SO IS NICOLE PARKER!!!!
YOU GUYS ALWAYS MAKE ME SMILE!!

LOVE YOU BOTH!!!!!!

I pray for you guys everynight.
Old 08/23/2008, 11:15 AM
Fresh Meat

Hello my name is leonardo I'm from brazil!!! Does anybody can send me the episode (#1202) ka-son at airport transcripiton????
Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!
I LOVE MAD TV AND DEBRA WILSON TOO!!!
Old 08/23/2008, 2:29 PM
Staff Alumnus

Welcome to the forum, Leonardo. I would strongly suggest, however, that you familiarize yourself with both our terms of service and the etiquette rules mentioned in this thread.

"We can dig it!"
Old 08/24/2008, 12:57 PM
dfsvrg

I'm new here. I joined because I have an unnatural obsession with Nicole Parker, and I thought I was the only one. Now I can chat with people of my kind! My parents say I need help...........
Old 08/24/2008, 6:47 PM
Groggy

Oh, that...My mum tells me that all the time as well I'm rather eccentric by nature, so when i like something, i tend to get very obsessed with it...I guess you could call me an extremist in that sense.

Welcome to Planet Madtv...abjure all human-kind and join ranks with thy true people.

All the best for the future!
Old 08/24/2008, 9:04 PM
Flan-Boy Extraordinaire

Ooo, another Nicole fan. Where have all the Crista fans gone to?!

Old 08/30/2008, 8:52 AM
dfsvrg

Quote:
Originally Posted by edkedkedk View Post
Ooo, another Nicole fan. Where have all the Crista fans gone to?!
Believe me, on my list of favorites, Crista is at a close second.
Old 09/01/2008, 7:25 AM
Fresh Meat

Default Stuff I want to spill about my feelings for this show

Apart from retro sitcoms like Three's Company, Mad TV is one of the only shows I can tolerate these days. Rocky and Bullwinkle is alright, and so is The Pink Panther Show. Looney Tunes in Canada never shows any Speedy Gonzales since like, 1985 (incidentally around the time Rod Roddy appeared on Price is Right and Miami Vice was considered cool). I didn't realize just how pretensious and lame (as opposed to having presence and vitality) SNL's skits were until I started watching season 13 of Mad TV and then reruns of seasons 8,9 and 10. I grew up with the 70's reruns of SNL and started watching in 1985 the live ones. I must say that up till the cast of Billy Crystal and Julia Louis-Dreyfus left, everything about the show was top notch. But over the years, in the later half of the 80's to the present it has been lackluster and only having no comedy sketch alternatives kept me watching it.

The first season of Mad TV is one I remember, but other than seeing a Stuart and a Swan sketch a few years ago and having trouble understanding the characters and plot I was just unaware of the show's existence. I think it being on Fox channel added to that difficulty and not being on in reruns in Canada. Anyway when I saw season 13 last year, I was totally hooked by the straight tv and film parodies which SNL never does much of (in favor of more unique stuff). Mad magazine really lives on in the Mad TV themes and I consider that to be the greatest soul food in the face of such mediocre television (that's putting it mildly). The way I see it, SNL plays safe with censors and corporate sponsors, and mostly get by off their over-hyped reputation and advertisements. I think the big networks prefer that type of comedy nowadays despite it's poor writing over Mad Tv's because they poke big holes in the lame crap (popular or not) that they parody. Sometimes I'm flabbergasted that such shows even exist at all (though they do). In Canada, Ebert and Roper's At The Movies is only on once a week, at some strange time like 1:36 A.M. Sunday morning. All the more accessible movie review shows are all based around hype and payola, much like the video game magazines were/are (the Companies that paid the most for advertising also coincidentally got the best reviews).

Anyways, Mad Tv is like an oasis in the desert of terrible, nightmarish Western Crap media. It's like the magazine, only better, more human, a diamond in the rough.

I think part of the reason people may not know about Mad TV anymore is because so much is said about Fox News and their right-wing elitist racist agenda etc. It makes one think the whole tv channel is a steaming pile of sh*t. (despite many great tv shows).
p.s. I think the reason why SNL is not as good is simply because they rely way too much on scripted original humor and there is little sponteneity or relevance . I assume someone in their demographic is laughing, but I personally agree with what Rudy Giuliani (U.S. politician) said on the SNL news during a brief cameo.
This was in regards to his thoughts on why his campaign for leader of the Republican Party lost to John Mccain after initially being the favorite to win.

Seth Meyers: so in the end how would you describe your campaign?

Giuliani: well, i guess i would say it was like an SNL sketch. It started strong, but it really didn't have an ending.

Seth Meyers: fair enough. Rudy giuliani everyone.

To me, SNL is alright, but logically it really doesn't represent the comedic interests of the majority of tastes of people anywhere. It's like Andy Warhol or something. I think Mad TV should get a lot more exposure because they are the ones who are bringing the true genius to the people, much like Carol Burnett, Wayne & Shuster, and even Late Night with David Letterman (when he was on NBC). I realize good comedy isn't easy, but with all the improv troupes out there, and the amazing creativity going on in them, it's a real shame to have so little of that magic translate to the tv shows. I think that as a person who has been fortunate to see some local improv in my city, Mad TV is really a blast, especially when seeing little goofs that are left in despite being recorded live to tape (when editing is still possible). It really is top stellar work and there should be way more of it being made because improv comedy is like the black belt of acting IMHO.
Old 09/24/2008, 11:26 PM
Fresh Meat

Default Hi! I'm a noob

Hi fellow madtv fans. I just started watching madtv not long ago as I live in Singapore and Madtv isn't shown in our cable. So, I would be glad to learn more about the show from all you hardcore madtv addicts out there. Alright? I shall see you guys around the posts. :-)