Go Back   Planet MADtv > Everything Else > Off-topic Discussion
Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09/21/2005, 11:37 AM
Hardcore Fan

Default Hurricane Rita

Well friends, first we had Katrina, and now there’s a new bitch in town... Meet Rita Our newest friend in crazy ass mega storms. This time its terrorizing Texas (Galveston and the rest of the Gulf Coast) I find it funny that this hurricane is hitting now because during Katrina, my moms exact words were "Galveston is almost overdue for another storm like this!" ... Guess she got her wish. Anyway, Rita has now worked her way up to a category 5. Congratulations go to her- Prayers go to us. Galveston is under a MADATORY evacuation (No surprise there) and it looks like it’s no different for the rest of us. I live near Houston (At least 2 and a half hours from the coast) but it looks like they are making us go too. We'll be staying with friends elsewhere thank god, but I feel so sorry for others who have nowhere to go. Hotels are packed, schools have been shut down, the shelves at Wal-Mart are empty, people are literally LOSING IT. It's pretty scary here! I just thought I'd let you all know what’s going on, and that I probably won't be here for awhile.

To think at first I scoffed this one off as just another tropical storm. Sorry folks, it looks like this is the big one.

Old 09/21/2005, 12:16 PM
Staff Alumnus
Staff Alumnus

Yeah we're supposed to get some pretty bad weather here in San Marcos...nowhere near what you'll be getting there, though. Good luck to you...be safe.
Old 09/21/2005, 12:19 PM
Hardcore Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by elscorcho
Yeah we're supposed to get some pretty bad weather here in San Marcos...nowhere near what you'll be getting there, though. Good luck to you...be safe.
Thanks, no one thought it would effect the Houston area until it moved to a category 5.

...F***in' storms.
Old 09/21/2005, 6:17 PM
Regular

everyone is freaking out in my town. i just got back from HEB and all, ALL the bottled water is gone. And we were supposed to have a football game on friday by the coast but they changed it to tomorrow. the news and other stuff are saying that in my area we are gonna be getting up to 50 mph of wind. . good luck to everyone on the coast . Hope everyone keeps safe

My highly distrubing Deviant Art account --> http://wilsonislove.deviantart.com/
Old 09/21/2005, 6:51 PM
Hardcore Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by i_love_frank
everyone is freaking out in my town. i just got back from HEB and all, ALL the bottled water is gone. And we were supposed to have a football game on friday by the coast but they changed it to tomorrow. the news and other stuff are saying that in my area we are gonna be getting up to 50 mph of wind. . good luck to everyone on the coast . Hope everyone keeps safe
Where do you live? It sounds like your around College Station where my brother is by A&M. It's pretty safe up there, but my stupid heroic brother is a volunteer fire fighter in our town and wants to come back home to help out. Just a little bit more stress to add on my mom's shoulders!
Old 09/21/2005, 7:00 PM
Regular

Quote:
Where do you live? It sounds like your around College Station where my brother is by A&M. It's pretty safe up there, but my stupid heroic brother is a volunteer fire fighter in our town and wants to come back home to help out. Just a little bit more stress to add on my mom's shoulders!
srry, but i cant really say where i live....

My highly distrubing Deviant Art account --> http://wilsonislove.deviantart.com/
Old 09/21/2005, 7:04 PM
Hardcore Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by i_love_frank

srry, but i cant really say where i live....
lol, I understand, your the safe type. We'll where ever you are, take care!
Old 09/21/2005, 7:39 PM
Totally F****able

According to the news it should hit land by sometime late friday early saturday. It will make it up to dallas by the end of that weekend.

Would be weird if we got some remnants of it up here

But yeah those of you in its immediate direct path...........stay safe y'alls!

Old 09/21/2005, 8:32 PM
"You, sir, are sissified"
Staff Alumnus

For Trey and everyone else who will be affected adversely by Hurricane Rita, my thoughts and very best wishes are with you. Please stay safe, and come back to us really, really soon. BTW, Trey, I was actually halfway sane when I said that.

"We can dig it!"
Old 09/21/2005, 8:41 PM
Hardcore Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by mizzimad
For Trey and everyone else who will be affected adversely by Hurricane Rita, my thoughts and very best wishes are with you. Please stay safe, and come back to us really, really soon. BTW, Trey, I was actually halfway sane when I said that.
Awwwwwwww, how sweet.
Old 09/21/2005, 9:49 PM
don't eat another nut...
Staff Alumnus

Stay safe Trey...

Its times like this that I'm thankful to live where I do... We don't have any worries for Earthquakes or Hurricanes... The worst storms we get are winter Blizzards, and at least those aren't that bad as long we just stay inside... and plus we get lots of snow days!

Things are crazy here too though... over gas. People were lining up in the streets to get Gas in my town. It was funny watching them all waiting to get gas while I was working and making pizzas. ITs ridiculous... The price as of now... 99.7 cents a litre.. is too high to begin with, but I guess its better than the 2.00 dollars a litre its supposed to reach by the weekend!

"EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!" ~ Raven

I Swear To God I'm Not Insane!

"The world needs humour like it needs love" ~ Debra Wilson

P.F.F ~ Puddin' Fans Forever!
Old 09/21/2005, 10:54 PM
Hardcore Fan

Quote:
Originally posted by ef_7
Stay safe Trey...

Its times like this that I'm thankful to live where I do... We don't have any worries for Earthquakes or Hurricanes... The worst storms we get are winter Blizzards, and at least those aren't that bad as long we just stay inside... and plus we get lots of snow days!

Things are crazy here too though... over gas. People were lining up in the streets to get Gas in my town. It was funny watching them all waiting to get gas while I was working and making pizzas. ITs ridiculous... The price as of now... 99.7 cents a litre.. is too high to begin with, but I guess its better than the 2.00 dollars a litre its supposed to reach by the weekend!
Like I said, usually us in the Houston area don't have to worry, but it's gotten so bad!

Now they said with all the oilrigs on the Gulf Coast that will be destroyed (Plus everything that happened with Katrina) gas will reach OVER $5.00 a gallon! That’s insane!
Old 09/21/2005, 11:00 PM
Totally F****able

I know, I know, I said the same thing with Katrina, but this time I actually watched the news. And according to all the weather peoples, Rita is supposed to move in an north northwesterly position, making landfall in texas around late friday early saturday. They're trying to make sure everyone is out by tomorrow night.

Then its supposed to remain stationary for a while once it makes land, then move up a little more north with heavy rainfall expected in upper Texas and most of Oklahoma where it will remain stationary for a little longer then continue to move northward.

This is if current projections by all the weather stations hold up.

I have relatives in Texas, so I'm not sure exactly what they're doing or where they're gonna end up going.

Old 09/21/2005, 11:06 PM
Be Kind to Your Nuggs

Quote:
Originally posted by Texas

Like I said, usually us in the Houston area don't have to worry, but it's gotten so bad!

Now they said with all the oilrigs on the Gulf Coast that will be destroyed (Plus everything that happened with Katrina) gas will reach OVER $5.00 a gallon! That’s insane!
Aww Trey, you should come live with me! Gas is only $2.92 a gallon and we never have to deal with hurricanes! Its sunny, warm, clear and calm, but enough about where I live.

I truly wish you and anyone else who this storm may affect, the best of luck. My uncle is in the airforce and based in San Antonio, but I don't know his plans. May you, everyone close to you, and everything you value stay safe. I hope your resources remain stable and your days stay bright and sunny! Good luck, my friend.

MySpace

<Badgina> No, many women have had their babies vacuumed out.
<Devin_> What if the bag is full?

There Trey, happy now?
Old 09/21/2005, 11:54 PM
Staff Alumnus
Staff Alumnus

Wow, gas here is only 1.69 a gallon...for now. I was at work today and EVERYONE came in buying bottled water and flashlights and ponchos..those aisles were completely empty

I hear they may be evacuating my hometown...so my family may be coming to stay with me if that's the case. Everyone here is freaking out, which kinda makes me nervous as far as safety here in the Austin/San Marcos area. Oh well, I guess the only thing I can do is hope for the best.
Old 09/22/2005, 12:30 AM
CSI Hottie

Quote:
Originally posted by elscorcho
Wow, gas here is only 1.69 a gallon...for now. I was at work today and EVERYONE came in buying bottled water and flashlights and ponchos..those aisles were completely empty

I hear they may be evacuating my hometown...so my family may be coming to stay with me if that's the case. Everyone here is freaking out, which kinda makes me nervous as far as safety here in the Austin/San Marcos area. Oh well, I guess the only thing I can do is hope for the best.
gas is 1.69??? i don't even remember when it was that low. we were up to 3.00 but now it's gone down to 2.59 thankfully. now i can drive home

Dear God, Please protect me from your followers. Love, Me
Old 09/22/2005, 12:05 PM
Staff Alumnus
Staff Alumnus

Quote:
Originally posted by CarolFitty

gas is 1.69??? i don't even remember when it was that low. we were up to 3.00 but now it's gone down to 2.59 thankfully. now i can drive home
oh no...that was a typo lol I guess I was tired when I wrote that. It's 2.69 a gallon. 1.69 would be awesome though *dreams*'

As for the topic at hand, I just saw an update on the hurricane...at first they were predicting that it would go right through Austin (bad news for me), but it seems now they are thinking the path has shifted about 150 miles east (good news for me). Hopefully they're right about this new path. Then again that puts other people in danger...
Old 09/22/2005, 6:55 PM
Hardcore Fan

Damn!Hurricanes are happening everywhere soon the worl will feel the wrath.J.k. a bit but hurricanes are popping up everywhere, but I think I know why..............

IT'S DORTHY'S FAULT!!!

She keeps moving every where and anywhere she goes the hurricanes go.

Hmmm..... I wonder how many times she's been to Oz now

The boys of Fall Out Boy

hugs, ;-*es, and luv~Natalie(NatCat)
Offical Posse Weirdo of Caity's Siggy Posse

IRISH ROCK!
If your Irish, put this in your signature
Old 09/22/2005, 7:01 PM
Hardcore Fan

Good news folks! The hurricane is turning to the east of us! We'll get some wind and rain, but that’s about it! So at this point we're staying home. I don't think we could get out of town anyway. Roads are blocked, Im talkin' MAJOR GRIDLOCK people. This is bad even for Houston standards!

Although, sadly enough, this means Louisiana is gonna get hit AGAIN... They just can't catch a break, can they?
Old 09/22/2005, 7:05 PM
Totally F****able

Thats good news Texas. BUT...

I'd still be careful If I were you. I wouldn't let my guard down simply because of the shifting...........

Hurricanes are unpredictable, they change.