Go Back   Planet MADtv > Everything Else > Off-topic Discussion
Register Members List Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 09/21/2005, 11:37 AM
Texas Male Texas is offline
Hardcore Fan
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 584
Default Hurricane Rita

Well friends, first we had Katrina, and now there’s a new bitch in town... Meet Rita Our newest friend in crazy ass mega storms. This time its terrorizing Texas (Galveston and the rest of the Gulf Coast) I find it funny that this hurricane is hitting now because during Katrina, my moms exact words were "Galveston is almost overdue for another storm like this!" ... Guess she got her wish. Anyway, Rita has now worked her way up to a category 5. Congratulations go to her- Prayers go to us. Galveston is under a MADATORY evacuation (No surprise there) and it looks like it’s no different for the rest of us. I live near Houston (At least 2 and a half hours from the coast) but it looks like they are making us go too. We'll be staying with friends elsewhere thank god, but I feel so sorry for others who have nowhere to go. Hotels are packed, schools have been shut down, the shelves at Wal-Mart are empty, people are literally LOSING IT. It's pretty scary here! I just thought I'd let you all know what’s going on, and that I probably won't be here for awhile.

To think at first I scoffed this one off as just another tropical storm. Sorry folks, it looks like this is the big one.
Reply With Quote




  #2  
Old 09/21/2005, 12:16 PM
elscorcho Male elscorcho is offline
Staff Alumnus
Staff Alumnus
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 2,232
Yeah we're supposed to get some pretty bad weather here in San Marcos...nowhere near what you'll be getting there, though. Good luck to you...be safe.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09/21/2005, 12:19 PM
Texas Male Texas is offline
Hardcore Fan
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 584
Quote:
Originally posted by elscorcho
Yeah we're supposed to get some pretty bad weather here in San Marcos...nowhere near what you'll be getting there, though. Good luck to you...be safe.
Thanks, no one thought it would effect the Houston area until it moved to a category 5.

...F***in' storms.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09/21/2005, 6:17 PM
i_love_frank's Avatar
i_love_frank Female i_love_frank is offline
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 257
everyone is freaking out in my town. i just got back from HEB and all, ALL the bottled water is gone. And we were supposed to have a football game on friday by the coast but they changed it to tomorrow. the news and other stuff are saying that in my area we are gonna be getting up to 50 mph of wind. . good luck to everyone on the coast . Hope everyone keeps safe

__________________
H/W/D/M

My highly distrubing Deviant Art account --> http://wilsonislove.deviantart.com/
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09/21/2005, 6:51 PM
Texas Male Texas is offline
Hardcore Fan
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 584
Quote:
Originally posted by i_love_frank
everyone is freaking out in my town. i just got back from HEB and all, ALL the bottled water is gone. And we were supposed to have a football game on friday by the coast but they changed it to tomorrow. the news and other stuff are saying that in my area we are gonna be getting up to 50 mph of wind. . good luck to everyone on the coast . Hope everyone keeps safe
Where do you live? It sounds like your around College Station where my brother is by A&M. It's pretty safe up there, but my stupid heroic brother is a volunteer fire fighter in our town and wants to come back home to help out. Just a little bit more stress to add on my mom's shoulders!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09/21/2005, 7:00 PM
i_love_frank's Avatar
i_love_frank Female i_love_frank is offline
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 257
Quote:
Where do you live? It sounds like your around College Station where my brother is by A&M. It's pretty safe up there, but my stupid heroic brother is a volunteer fire fighter in our town and wants to come back home to help out. Just a little bit more stress to add on my mom's shoulders!
srry, but i cant really say where i live....

__________________
H/W/D/M

My highly distrubing Deviant Art account --> http://wilsonislove.deviantart.com/
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09/21/2005, 7:04 PM
Texas Male Texas is offline
Hardcore Fan
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 584
Quote:
Originally posted by i_love_frank

srry, but i cant really say where i live....
lol, I understand, your the safe type. We'll where ever you are, take care!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09/21/2005, 7:39 PM
Scorpiogrrl4405's Avatar
Scorpiogrrl4405 Female Scorpiogrrl4405 is offline
Totally F****able
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Washington State
Posts: 7,399
According to the news it should hit land by sometime late friday early saturday. It will make it up to dallas by the end of that weekend.


Would be weird if we got some remnants of it up here




But yeah those of you in its immediate direct path...........stay safe y'alls!

__________________
I would rather sit here and accomplish nothing than accomplish something and be considered an inspiration and a role model simply because I use a wheelchair to get around.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09/21/2005, 8:32 PM
mizzimad Male mizzimad is offline
"You, sir, are sissified"
Staff Alumnus
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Florida
Posts: 4,062
For Trey and everyone else who will be affected adversely by Hurricane Rita, my thoughts and very best wishes are with you. Please stay safe, and come back to us really, really soon. BTW, Trey, I was actually halfway sane when I said that.

__________________
"Charles Nelson Reilly is a bad mutha...."
"Shut yo' mouth!"
"I'm talkin' 'bout Macho Chuck."
"We can dig it!"
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 09/21/2005, 8:41 PM
Texas Male Texas is offline
Hardcore Fan
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 584
Quote:
Originally posted by mizzimad
For Trey and everyone else who will be affected adversely by Hurricane Rita, my thoughts and very best wishes are with you. Please stay safe, and come back to us really, really soon. BTW, Trey, I was actually halfway sane when I said that.
Awwwwwwww, how sweet.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 09/21/2005, 9:49 PM
ef_7's Avatar
ef_7 Male ef_7 is offline
don't eat another nut...
Staff Alumnus
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Canada
Posts: 6,133
Stay safe Trey...

Its times like this that I'm thankful to live where I do... We don't have any worries for Earthquakes or Hurricanes... The worst storms we get are winter Blizzards, and at least those aren't that bad as long we just stay inside... and plus we get lots of snow days!

Things are crazy here too though... over gas. People were lining up in the streets to get Gas in my town. It was funny watching them all waiting to get gas while I was working and making pizzas. ITs ridiculous... The price as of now... 99.7 cents a litre.. is too high to begin with, but I guess its better than the 2.00 dollars a litre its supposed to reach by the weekend!

__________________


"EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!" ~ Raven

I Swear To God I'm Not Insane!

"The world needs humour like it needs love" ~ Debra Wilson

P.F.F ~ Puddin' Fans Forever!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 09/21/2005, 10:54 PM
Texas Male Texas is offline
Hardcore Fan
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 584
Quote:
Originally posted by ef_7
Stay safe Trey...

Its times like this that I'm thankful to live where I do... We don't have any worries for Earthquakes or Hurricanes... The worst storms we get are winter Blizzards, and at least those aren't that bad as long we just stay inside... and plus we get lots of snow days!

Things are crazy here too though... over gas. People were lining up in the streets to get Gas in my town. It was funny watching them all waiting to get gas while I was working and making pizzas. ITs ridiculous... The price as of now... 99.7 cents a litre.. is too high to begin with, but I guess its better than the 2.00 dollars a litre its supposed to reach by the weekend!
Like I said, usually us in the Houston area don't have to worry, but it's gotten so bad!

Now they said with all the oilrigs on the Gulf Coast that will be destroyed (Plus everything that happened with Katrina) gas will reach OVER $5.00 a gallon! That’s insane!
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 09/21/2005, 11:00 PM
Scorpiogrrl4405's Avatar
Scorpiogrrl4405 Female Scorpiogrrl4405 is offline
Totally F****able
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Washington State
Posts: 7,399
I know, I know, I said the same thing with Katrina, but this time I actually watched the news. And according to all the weather peoples, Rita is supposed to move in an north northwesterly position, making landfall in texas around late friday early saturday. They're trying to make sure everyone is out by tomorrow night.


Then its supposed to remain stationary for a while once it makes land, then move up a little more north with heavy rainfall expected in upper Texas and most of Oklahoma where it will remain stationary for a little longer then continue to move northward.


This is if current projections by all the weather stations hold up.



I have relatives in Texas, so I'm not sure exactly what they're doing or where they're gonna end up going.



__________________
I would rather sit here and accomplish nothing than accomplish something and be considered an inspiration and a role model simply because I use a wheelchair to get around.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 09/21/2005, 11:06 PM
MADcityBadger's Avatar
MADcityBadger Female MADcityBadger is offline
Be Kind to Your Nuggs
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Madtown, WI
Posts: 384
Quote:
Originally posted by Texas


Like I said, usually us in the Houston area don't have to worry, but it's gotten so bad!

Now they said with all the oilrigs on the Gulf Coast that will be destroyed (Plus everything that happened with Katrina) gas will reach OVER $5.00 a gallon! That’s insane!
Aww Trey, you should come live with me! Gas is only $2.92 a gallon and we never have to deal with hurricanes! Its sunny, warm, clear and calm, but enough about where I live.

I truly wish you and anyone else who this storm may affect, the best of luck. My uncle is in the airforce and based in San Antonio, but I don't know his plans. May you, everyone close to you, and everything you value stay safe. I hope your resources remain stable and your days stay bright and sunny! Good luck, my friend.

__________________
A proud member of the Freaky Ass People Who Love Loud Thunderstorms and Tornados Club. Trey, Eva, Christina

MySpace

<Badgina> No, many women have had their babies vacuumed out.
<Devin_> What if the bag is full?

There Trey, happy now?
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 09/21/2005, 11:54 PM
elscorcho Male elscorcho is offline
Staff Alumnus
Staff Alumnus
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 2,232
Wow, gas here is only 1.69 a gallon...for now. I was at work today and EVERYONE came in buying bottled water and flashlights and ponchos..those aisles were completely empty

I hear they may be evacuating my hometown...so my family may be coming to stay with me if that's the case. Everyone here is freaking out, which kinda makes me nervous as far as safety here in the Austin/San Marcos area. Oh well, I guess the only thing I can do is hope for the best.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 09/22/2005, 12:30 AM
CarolFitty's Avatar
CarolFitty Female CarolFitty is offline
CSI Hottie
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Knoxville, TN
Posts: 203
Quote:
Originally posted by elscorcho
Wow, gas here is only 1.69 a gallon...for now. I was at work today and EVERYONE came in buying bottled water and flashlights and ponchos..those aisles were completely empty

I hear they may be evacuating my hometown...so my family may be coming to stay with me if that's the case. Everyone here is freaking out, which kinda makes me nervous as far as safety here in the Austin/San Marcos area. Oh well, I guess the only thing I can do is hope for the best.
gas is 1.69??? i don't even remember when it was that low. we were up to 3.00 but now it's gone down to 2.59 thankfully. now i can drive home

__________________
Quiero hacer el amor apasionado a su cuerpo magnifico.

Dear God, Please protect me from your followers. Love, Me
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 09/22/2005, 12:05 PM
elscorcho Male elscorcho is offline
Staff Alumnus
Staff Alumnus
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 2,232
Quote:
Originally posted by CarolFitty


gas is 1.69??? i don't even remember when it was that low. we were up to 3.00 but now it's gone down to 2.59 thankfully. now i can drive home
oh no...that was a typo lol I guess I was tired when I wrote that. It's 2.69 a gallon. 1.69 would be awesome though *dreams*'

As for the topic at hand, I just saw an update on the hurricane...at first they were predicting that it would go right through Austin (bad news for me), but it seems now they are thinking the path has shifted about 150 miles east (good news for me). Hopefully they're right about this new path. Then again that puts other people in danger...
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 09/22/2005, 6:55 PM
BlondieFan's Avatar
BlondieFan Female BlondieFan is offline
Hardcore Fan
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: The Dark Side of the Moon
Posts: 701
Damn!Hurricanes are happening everywhere soon the worl will feel the wrath.J.k. a bit but hurricanes are popping up everywhere, but I think I know why..............


IT'S DORTHY'S FAULT!!!

She keeps moving every where and anywhere she goes the hurricanes go.

Hmmm..... I wonder how many times she's been to Oz now

__________________
My main crushes:Ron Pederson
The guys of MCR
The men of Green Day
The boys of Fall Out Boy

hugs, ;-*es, and luv~Natalie(NatCat)
Offical Posse Weirdo of Caity's Siggy Posse

IRISH ROCK!
If your Irish, put this in your signature
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 09/22/2005, 7:01 PM
Texas Male Texas is offline
Hardcore Fan
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 584
Good news folks! The hurricane is turning to the east of us! We'll get some wind and rain, but that’s about it! So at this point we're staying home. I don't think we could get out of town anyway. Roads are blocked, Im talkin' MAJOR GRIDLOCK people. This is bad even for Houston standards!

Although, sadly enough, this means Louisiana is gonna get hit AGAIN... They just can't catch a break, can they?
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 09/22/2005, 7:05 PM
Scorpiogrrl4405's Avatar
Scorpiogrrl4405 Female Scorpiogrrl4405 is offline
Totally F****able
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Washington State
Posts: 7,399
Thats good news Texas. BUT...


I'd still be careful If I were you. I wouldn't let my guard down simply because of the shifting...........


Hurricanes are unpredictable, they change.

__________________
I would rather sit here and accomplish nothing than accomplish something and be considered an inspiration and a role model simply because I use a wheelchair to get around.
Reply With Quote
Reply





Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump
 

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Rita Rocks mizzimad TV Shows 66 03/19/2010 1:03 PM
Hurricane Wilma Headed Towards Florida! BlondieFan Off-topic Discussion 26 10/29/2005 10:18 PM
Hurricane Katrina MissCAngela Off-topic Discussion 25 09/17/2005 11:23 AM
Hurricane Frances madislove Off-topic Discussion 7 09/09/2004 9:23 AM
Hurricane Isabel madislove Off-topic Discussion 9 09/22/2003 5:57 PM

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 5:07 PM.